PS4 - Transistor

Watchmen Live Chat Tomorrow at 11am PST

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Mar 03, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Screenshot

So it begins – Watchmen week. One of the most popular graphic novels of all time hits the big-screen this Friday, with 300 director Zack Snyder at the helm. So while I am figuring out a way to snag IMAX tickets for Friday, Watchmen fever is spreading to the PS3, with the downloadable title coming to PlayStation Network this Thursday. Jeff and I recently visited with Warner for a little hands-on time with the game, and I grabbed associate producer Jerry Pritchard for some questions.

And Jerry was nice enough to agree to come on back to the Blog tomorrow from 11am – 12 noon for a live chat about Watchmen: The End is Nigh for PSN. So get your questions ready because we’re doin’ this all over again!

PAGE 1 2

+ Scodo_Thope on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Cool!

+ dime5150 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

Movie to game… uh oh.

+ ChuckUFarley on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

sweet!

+ Jim777 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

amazing

+ StealthCorazon on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I’m crossing my fingers on this one…

+ Slayer612 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

hey I know this is off topic but ever since I downloaded firmware update 2.40 my PS3 has been freezing while I try to read messages. It happens often. any advice?

+ filthyvillain on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

@ 2 – This game isn’t based on the movie at all.

Thursday can’t come soon enough for Watchmen fans! The End is Nigh on the store update, then Watchmen feature film at midnight. I may go pick up the motion comic today on blu ray. I just finished the graphic novel again a couple days ago. I can’t wait!!

+ BZKlint on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

11:00 am?

So that would be 2:00 pm for me :)
If I can get home fast enough, I could probably make it…

+ mixedkidbx on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

are you kidding me? you ad co-op but say no to online. you couldn’t have made it possible to be able to online co-op with a friend online? also you made it clear that there isn’t gonna be a lot of content, meaning play time.

was thinking about this game but you ruined that. oh well money kept in my pocket

+ SpeedRacer1955 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Is that what all the Home PDA messages were about??? Watchmen the movie/game…

+ Enigma777 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

wow… this game looks cool… At the right price, it may be a must own!

+ hife on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Urg, these chats never work out for me time-wise.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

You mean you\’re not revolving your whole life around the chats? Shame on you.

+ Buddyleej on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

There is no way im paying 20 bucks for this….

+ Vengeful-Chaos on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Sweet another live chat where none of my questions will be answered… I can’t wait!

+ KUSHman666 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

idk im not getting it ;-)

+ rAdIOhEad73 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

I’ve heard that Watchmen’s clothing is coming to HOME, is it true?

+ DonnyG on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I have a question ready! Why for the love of all that’s holy would anyone pay $20.00 for this?

+ reson8er on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

@Vengeful-Chaos

In the future when Jeff, his staff, and all developers are replaced by robots, all questions posed are sure to be answered.

Until then I’m glad we at least have a chance to communicate directly with devs.

+ Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

Not a big Watchmen fan but the game looks alright from stills (the video isn’t working properly for me). A dark and brutal 1 or 2 player co-op brawler based on a movie? Sounds like The Warriors to me which is my personal favorite PS2 and PSP game so I’ll definitely check this out.

+ acmilanboy on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Carlitoo says “Now thaats COOOL”

+ acerazer1 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Watchman week, eh?
I haven’t felt any buzz as of yet.

+ Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

@16 Watchmen clothing has been in Home for the past week. It’s free and obtained from the Threads store. I been walking about wearing Rorschach’s trousers and trenchcoat last time I popped into Home.

+ KazeEternal on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Price?

+ rAdIOhEad73 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

@22 oh cool, I didn’t know that, thanks for the heads up!!

+ JKC31 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

This video does not give me any hope that this game will be any good.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Hey Chris, I have a friend here in Eastern Canada with the same last name as you, he plays ps3. Maybe you guys are related. Anyways Watchmen freeks me out, scary superheros and the lot. I bet the game will rock hard.

off topic: Loving the hawk community site and the new trophies section of our Profiles. Also Loco for well LOCO ROCO2 too. Yeehaw what a week. Ps3 in for repairs as of today( they’re replacing my precious 60gig with a brand new 60gig, slots and all ), electric company footin the tab. People giving me money and I got back at my neighbor. What a day! Keep this stuff coming. Also I’ll try to be there for the chat………. i drive my roommate to work at that time so it is hard to race back through rush hour traffic to get in here. I’ll make it don’t worry.

+ clupula668 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

I was really excited about the game until I heard of the $20 price tag. That’s just too much for a shorter downloadable title. If it had been $15, I would’ve considered it, and for $10, it was a must buy. $20, though, is out of my range if it’s as short as I hear.

+ PACMAN_07 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

can we get those gears for playstation home in the usa that the Uk got thay was really cool gear.Thanks

+ TheGuardianFID on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

Cool, I’ll be downloading the game this Thursday!!! I picked up the Blu-ray motion comic of the complete graphic novel today (along with the new Wonder Woman animated movie on Blu-ray) and I bought all six of the movie versions of the figures, needless to say I can’t wait to see the movie and play the game!!! :D

+ Carnivius_Prime on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Ah, were the Watchmen home things only for Europe Home? Sorry to radiohead73 if he’s on US Home and if they don’t have it yet. I can only speak as a Europe user (who usually expects the US to get everything first)

+ Moosehole on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

So I was thinking about getting this game, and then I went over to ps3trophies.org to check out the trophy list and look what I found:

“Turbo – Bronze Trophy – Complete the game in less than 80 minutes, in one session without restarting from a checkpoint.”

So this game costs $20, has NO online co-op, and can be beaten in less than an hour and a half? LOL!

NO WAY am I buying this. What a rip-off!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

The live chat is a nice feature. thanks for dong it.

+ Fusion_ID on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

Wasnt there some thing about Zack Snyder being on Home?

+ jipmg on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Didnt the dev say “PS3 IS A PAIN IN THE A$$”?

lol

+ lakaiHIGH on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

when i heard the game was going to be sold at $20 a pop i let a a huge ‘meh’. i really had high hopes for this game, but the more i hear and see of it the more i feel let down. its just going to be a short lived brawler that adds little to nothing to the story of Watchmen besides maybe some insight into the psyche of Rorsache and the 2nd Nite Owl. maybe if the game fairs well and theres a second outing then the team will learn from their mistakes and build upon the game. aside from this I am definitely looking forward to the live chat and the movie this Friday.

peace,
Lh

+ FoolKiller79 on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

Chris,

IMAX tickets for Friday? Friday? I, sir, have IMAX tickets for 12:01 AM Thursday night. Technically, it is Friday, but a true fan shows up at midnight.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

ZOMG, now you\’re rubbing it my face. Urge to kill…rising…

+ liketoski on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

When is the movie i forgot.

+ KillerBread on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

nice i want to watch the movie realy bad now i got a realy good question will the movie ever be a game lol

+ JamesL007 on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Finally a chat I can get into, I loved this graphic novel ever since a freshmen in Highschool. I will be there for this chat no doubt. I want to know how they are explaining the 20 dollar price tag for this 10 dollar seriously. I love the Watchmen and have the Novel and Motion Comic now, But a 20 dollar price tag for a brawler game sounds a little too much for me.

I Love the Watchmen like I said but there has to be more to us then just this basic game, maybe a free download of the motion comic? One can dream right ;).

+ bushisprez on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

1)How long will the game be?

2)Is the brawling mechanic going to be anything not seen before?

3)What are some of the weapons and pick-ups that are going to be featured in the game?

Can’t wait to get trophies for this game. Movie will be spectacular Zack Snyder will do an awesome adaptation just like he did with 300.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

These are all questions you should ask tomorrow.

+ issa3032 on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

I really love this weekly chat on the Blog idea but 12PM because most of us who work can be online at that time for lunch!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Yeah, normally we will shoot for noon, but sometimes schedules just don\’t sync up. So 11am was the next best thing in this case.

+ Hpedni on March 3rd, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

Hayter’s writing the movie isn’t he? I’m going to see it this weekend. Good idea putting movie based games on psn. I’ll give it a look and I’ll try to make the chat.

+ ADR143 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

looks good

+ Jim777 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

movie to game….you guys better do it right or not at all

+ Thrasher20 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up Chris. Unfortunaley I am going to be in my anthropology class :( I missed the two Killzone 2 live chats already!

+ iComet on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I don’t understand… is there multiplayer?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

@reson8er

I can’t wait until Jeffbot 2.0 takes over for the real Jeff.

I kid, I kid (<3 real Jeff). Don’t get me wrong I appreciated the “chance” but it was ridiculous trying to get a simple and I mean simpe question answered. But at least people got to find out if they will be able to actually feel (litterally feel) the killzone 2 action, what beer they like, and a couple of marriage proposals amongst other things.

+ Gringo234 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

The question is would the game make me but down Killzone 2?

+ tearsofash on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

People have been telling me to read the comics for years, and I’ve been a lazy person. However, I am going to see the movie on IMAX this Thursday at midnight with some friends.

I’ve heard a lot about it, seems really cool and different. Love the concept. Hope there’s some more Watchmen related stuff coming to the PS world [*hint*homestuff*hint*]

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

If DLC is supposed to reduce the costs of games, why is this so expensive?

PAGE 1 2