PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Metal Gear Online – SCENE Expansion Release Date and Details

Brandon Laurino's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Laurino on Mar 05, 2009 // Executive Producer, Dust 514

Hello all – We’re happy to announce the official release date and more details about the SCENE Expansion pack for Metal Gear Online. SCENE will be available separately for $9.99 and offered as a bundle with the second MGO Expansion pack, MEME, for $14.99 as well as all three expansion packs – GENE, MEME, and SCENE, for just $17.99 on March 17, 2009 via Metal Gear Online’s in-game shop and Konami’s shop. All will be available for purchase using the PlayStation Network Wallet (as well as PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods). The pre-order period for SCENE starts on March 10, 2009, and will run up until release date. And remember, all players who pre-order SCENE will receive the special “cardboard man” head gear for free!

I know many of you are curious to know each of the new special character’s (Raiden and Vamp) weapons and abilities, as both characters display incredible talents in the Metal Gear Solid 4 single player campaign. You’ll be happy to know that many of their same abilities will be available in Metal Gear Online.

Raiden is quite agile, can run very fast and uses a High Frequency Blade. Much like in the single player campaign, he is best at close-range hand-to-hand combat. He will be able to jump to high places where ordinary soldiers would need a co-op boost, and can also fall from high places and land without taking damage. Naturally, he can use his High Frequency Blade, which can be used to deflect frontal attacks when drawn, in addition to attacks. He can also choose to use it in a non-lethal mode, by using the back of the blade. He also will have Throwing Knives available, and can headshot other players by using them. He also has a special VISOR that, when in the closed position, will be able to detect traps. As he does not have nano-machines implanted into his body, he will be unable to use the SOP Link, SOP Destabilizer and the SOP system information gathering skills such as scanning, etc. All SOP related abilities and affects are therefore nullified when using this character.

MGO SCENE pack raiden jump MGO SCENE pack raiden sword

Vamp, master of knives, is agile, runs incredibly fast and excels at close-range hand-to-hand combat, especially when using his Combat Knife and Throwing Knife, which he can use to headshot other players, like Raiden. He will be able to jump to hard-to-reach places, fall from high places without taking damage – but will be able to utilize the SOP system and fall victim to it, unlike Raiden. His unique nano-machines will also make him seem immortal, every time he is defeated during the game, he will be resurrected in the same location.

MGO SCENE pack throwing knife MGO SCENE pack vamp jump

There will also be a new game type opened to all MGO players: Solo Capture (SCAP). SCAP is a FREE-FOR-ALL Match with no team divisions. Capturing the Kerotan frog will make that player’s timer begin to decrease. The player who can keep possession of the Kerotan frog the longest, and allows their timer to reach zero first, will be the winner. If a player who isn’t holding the Kerotan is killed, no points will be awarded, but that player’s timer will be reduced.

MGO SCENE pack MGO SCENE pack

Also included in SCENE is a great deal of new gear that you can use to customize your character, including the Bikini Outfit, Clown Face Paint, Haven Trooper Uniform Set, Resistance Uniform Set, Hockey Mask, Mohawk Wig, Short Cut Wig, Shirtless, and Robbie (Silent Hill character).

MGO SCENE pack bikini MGO SCENE pack clown MGO SCENE pack haven

MGO SCENE pack Resistance MGO SCENE pack mohawk MGO SCENE pack ROBBIE

There’s still a lot more cool stuff in SCENE yet to be revealed, stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for more updates in the coming weeks!

162 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ jbullfrog23 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

All three for $18? Now that is a great price.

+ CaruthK on March 5th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

This looks sweet now only if i had the game i’ll play it lol.

+ Delriach on March 5th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Sweet. I can’t wait to get this.

+ Neil on March 5th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Great price. The game needs Trophies though, but I’m sure you’re tired of hearing that.

+ jipmg on March 5th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Since you guys are from konami

ADD TROPHIES TO MGS4

and I will purchase your Expansions for MGO, there is no reason why the BEST game on the ps3, and one of the best selling ps3 games doesnt have trophies.

+ Delriach on March 5th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Oo, I just saw the pic of the Haven Trooper gear. Definitely want that one!

You guys should bring these costumes to Home too.

+ SpiritThief on March 5th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

sorry must be said

ADD trophies!

can I pay with my PSN ID? :(

+ LordDeff07 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Please, Please, please and please.

You guys have to add trophies to MGS4. Its sad that what is one of the PS3s flagship titles does not have them.

+ Link01 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

…….. I know you’ve commented on this and I’ll say it again

NO BUY WITHOUT TROPHIES!

+ PedroHGama on March 5th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

“All will be available for purchase using the PlayStation Network Wallet (as well as PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods)”

It’s the best info on this thread… let’s see if it’ll work fine on March 10th

+ nuness1988 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

I like the single player but the multi is very odd to me. It’s hard to put my finger on it but I just don’t really like it. In any case congratulations on making an overall great game and next time: USE THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK

+ Ftwrthtx on March 5th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

You give me trophies, I give you money. That’s the only way I’ll be buying add ons.

+ Zookey on March 5th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

You know, I’d totally play this game if my PlayStation Network ID would be ENOUGH to login!!!!

Come on Konami, listen to us! Trophies would be nice, but making it so we can stop using the ********BROKEN********* Konami ID system is a must or else Resistance, Warhawk and Killzone will drown you out!

+ mckg123456789 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

SWEET, I guess ill have to log back in MGO, haven’t played it in a while (few weeks i think) so those that mean i can buy it with a psn card dont have a credit card so that is cool if i can pay it via my psn money. thats what u mean right konami? MGS4 FTW!! :D

+ Aggie_CEO on March 5th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

TROPHIES!!!!

I played thru MGS4 3 times without them but MGO has just not been worth it to me because of the Konami ID, just too much of a hassle. but I may be tempted to go back to it if I can remember my log in…and if it has trophies patched in

+ Korbei83 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

I would encourage anyone who is thinking of purchasing this content, to avoid it until Konami and Kojima Productions have proven to the community that they care about our wishes for support as much as our dollars.

+ TL2 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

You know the drill get rid of the konami id

+ AdamMadman on March 5th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

The fact that all this money and development is being dumped into overpriced expansion packs and not an easy feature like trophies shows greed and laziness. I buy no MGS content until you add trophies.

+ DonnyG on March 5th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

No more Konami I.D.!
Add trophies!

+ BigBoss712 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

That does look very cool.
add trophies plz

+ Atomika14 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I have only played online once or twice since MGS4 launch day. Please switch over to the PSN ID!

+ PirateThom on March 5th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Is there any way we can play this using PSN IDs instead?

I wouldn’t even mind a stat reset if I could use my normal ID. I mean, it’s basically a barrier to more people playing and the more people who play, the more likely you are to sell expansion packs.

Just a thought.

+ drdre74 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

why are you guys still talking about trophies and Konami ID’s and the PSN store? They aren’t going to do it. They don’t care what you want. Adding trophies is too hard to add and its not going to bring them anymore. So grow up and let it go, its not going to happen.

+ Mobius_124 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

PSN integration or GTFO.

+ Lirion on March 5th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Get rid of that Konami ID crap and use the PSN like every other dev out there then we can talk MGO and expansions.

+ jipmg on March 5th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

Also, KONAMI ID is bad imo

I would love to play MGO alot more, but the hting is its not even using the PSN

+ jazzyrider on March 5th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

I agree. I’ve played a few times and as much as Sony mentioned that all games released in 2009 will have trophies, why doesn’t that include DLC/add-ons for existing games? It can’t be that hard.

+ sysengandy on March 5th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

I gotta be a doosh and do something I swore I would never do.

Konami, seriously. Trophies. The game was amazing, but has no replay value.
Maybe if there are enough comments they will hear a whiper.

+ MariusElijah on March 5th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

blah blah blah…
get rid of konomi id
blah blah blah…
trophies

+ Skater_Ricky on March 5th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

STOP using the Konami ID system.

and

ADD Trophies then I will buy the Expansion Packs.

Konami your better then this.. Pick up the with the rest of the Gaming Comunity.

Add Please Add HOME outfits its a must it our PSN world we live in ;)

+ EnnTea on March 5th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Please give use Ghost Factory and MGO1 Capture soon. I’m dying to play good capture again :(

+ zombie9 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

All righty then… LOL I need MEME, and SCENE packs and that is sweet deal!!! To bad I just bought killzone 2 And havent even beaten it yet (game is hard).. When do we get a break… Oh And resident Evil 5 next friday also beter be saving my cash flow…Sony I need better job are U hiring? LOL

+ Hpedni on March 5th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

I WANT ROBBIE!! I love silent hill. I absolutely HATE survival though, hopefully konami gives us a reward point boost at launch.

+ peevmyster on March 5th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Needs trophies BAD.

+ mywhitenoise on March 5th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

Please only add trophies to the MGS4 game, and not MGO.

I do NOT want to miss out on a platinum for this game because I had to rank up in multiplayer. That and I dont want to deal with this Konami code BS anymore.

+ TheWeltner on March 5th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Uh, I don’t really understand why people are so miffed about the konami ID thing. It takes like 5 seconds now.. And trophies, seriously? Why is that such a ‘main attraction’ to a game that came out before the trophy system?

Changing the Konami ID stuff would require an overhaul of the ENTIRE game. They would basically have to remake it.

MGO is a great experience, and if you’re missing out on it because of these two things, well.. Those are pretty bad reasons to missing out on it.

+ AmericanNinja1 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Please add trophies to MGS4/MGO please. And please switch the konami system with the PSN. Thank you :)

+ NARDE15 on March 5th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

bring mgo to the psn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Maluraq on March 5th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Trophies, seriously. Of all the games that deserved trophies, this one is it.

+ TheWeltner on March 5th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

PS: I want Ghost Factory as well. >>

+ Gringo234 on March 5th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

It’s looking really good, but lets get those trophies.

So I can fall in love with MGS4/MGO again.

+ ssp_619 on March 5th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

WOW Great stuff!!!
And there’s more :D
Also thanks for the PSN wallet thing :)

+ gr1mj0w on March 5th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

nice, but they would have had alot more of a community if they used PSN. Especially this is a bad time since Killzone2 MP is taking over.

I may get this but I’m still on the fence.

+ KidCommando on March 5th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I could care less about the Konami ID… but I can not believe trophy support has not been added yet.

If DLC is STILL coming out for this game, there is no reason why trophy support can not be worked on and added. I understand DLC creates revenue, but I think you are missing out on selling that DLC to many more users because of the lack of trophy support.

+ freakyzeeky on March 5th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Will not buy until Konami ditches their Konami-ID system, integrates the PSN instead, and adds trophies! >:(

+ poisonedsodapop on March 5th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Nice to know the pricing of SCENE. I’m looking forward to it. And as TheWeltner said, switching to PSN would be so much more difficult. And let me explain the benefits of the Konami ID.

1.) If you have to switch PSN IDs you can still play MGO. It’s not tied to one PSN ID.
2.) You can have multiple characters. I don’t know if that’s possible on PSN, but I think you can have 8 MGO characters.
3.) You can play with someone and if they want to harass you, they can only do it via the game. Since they’ll never know your PSN, you won’t get harassed about the game outside of the game.

It is NOT that hard to sign up for a Konami ID. If you’ve joined any, and I mean ANY internet service then you should know how to. There it’s just a matter of remembering/writing down your info. It’s not rocket science.

+ evspyder on March 5th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

I would love to buy the expansion three pack!! But only if they release a trophy update!!! This game is too good not to have trophies… There’s just soo many good games out there right now, I need a reason to pick this up again.

+ Wiscompton on March 5th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

AWESOME! I’ll definitely pick this up…as soon as you ditch the hateful konami system. I spent a half hour trying to reset my passwords just to answer the in-game survey to no avail. So the answer to your survey is that I left MGO for other less glitchy online experiences that utilize the PSN.

Seriously, stop letting the suits dictate what gamers deserve.

+ TurismoM3 on March 5th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Konami or Kojima are you reading the comments above & below this post. People want Trophies. So get on it. Give the people want they want. TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES . You get the idea. Thanks.

+ TurismoM3 on March 5th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

One more thing, GTA4 got Trophies patched on & it’s an older game than MGS4. I think it actually increased sales too.

PAGE 1 2 3 4