PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

inFamous Date, Demo, and Art revealed

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Mar 06, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

We know many of you have been wondering when urban hero Cole McGrath and his electrifying arsenal of superpowers is coming to a town near you. Well, we want to share with you today that inFamous will be launching worldwide this June, and here’s a first look at the front-of-box for the title:

inFamous Pack Front final

Another question many of you have been asking is: will there be a demo? And, the answer is yes. We’ll have more details on when and how the demo will be available shortly. Stay tuned for a new trailer next week as well of loads of other inFamous goodies from the Sucker Punch crew this month…

197 Comments

+ Zhi13 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

cool cover art!

+ mafecto on March 6th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

sold! can’t wait.

+ jimmy903 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Pretty sure that I’m going to pick this up day one, have it pre-ordered already.

Still looking forward to the demo though, nice update.

+ ye11owpharmacy on March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Perfect box art.

+ CitizenInsane27 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Ok, that is sick box art.

Here’s my issue with this though. Don’t go putting “demo” in the headline, when we know that the “demo” you speak of won’t be available to everyone at all. Anyone on here that actually thinks that Sony is planning on releasing a demo of this game normally needs to review the Killzone 2 demo, and other demos prior. It is guaranteed be a demo EXCLUSIVELY for Qore subscribers, and will be available for a month before the game drops, whenever that will be *searches article only to find a vague ‘June’* but non-Qore subscribers (the majority of us willing to buy the game especially if given a hands on proper demo well ahead of time) will be left out in the dark, and will probably have to wait til the week OF, if not the week AFTER said June release. Don’t argue with me community, because you’d be blind to. It’s either that or “Go pre-order a copy from Gamestop and get your demo *two weeks* early!”

+ CitizenInsane27 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

(Continued) See, that’s the new mantra for (PS3) demos these days, and I’m really ranting here because I’m so tired of this. It’s unfair to marginalize your consumer base by teasing us (especially this early) with your software, but giving us vague details on it and then only releasing the sampler to select audiences who are willing to pay for it. I’d be willing to pay for this game day one, if I can play with it a bit before hand and see if I like it (the purpose of demos?) but I know better now that I need to pay in EXCESS OF RETAIL to have that right. Excited, but not? Yeah. /end rant

+ halfsane2000 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Too Far!!! he says while he can’t stop smiling.

+ Yung_Gunners__ on March 6th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

I want to play it NOW!

+ Blkant on March 6th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Wow, this was the last thing i expected to hear today. Good news though, but im still a bit iffy. I guess time will tell :) I sure have high hopes though.

+ Pencoin on March 6th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

+ Rhez on March 6th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Yay.

Ok, so Prototype is rapidly sliding downhill on my expectation chart while InFamous continues to wrack up the points. Funny since my first impression of the games was that Prototype looked awesome while my reaction of InFamous was “meh”.

Unless anything bizarre happens in the next couple of months InFamous is going to be a must buy. Sorry Prototype but unless the devs crank up the graphics/story/atmosphere then you’ll have to wait till the holiday season for my purchase.

+ Aeroglyphics on March 6th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Love the art work, the background kind of reminds me of Killzone, which makes me wonder will any game ever use the killzone engine?

+ JoeDuke4 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Hope this turns out well. Looks sweet though.

+ DonnyG on March 6th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

It took me a while to get hyped for this game but the newest screens and vids really got me excited.

+ AllTheParts on March 6th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Hoping this demo will not be a gamestop exclusive like with KZ2.

+ ManaKnight on March 6th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Awesome news. I was wondering when this game would be out. I’m very glad this game is coming during the Summer instead of trying to cram it into the Fall when there are way too many game releases.

+ mixedkidbx on March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

awwwww man!!!! now i have to wait till JUNE??!!??!!

noooooo…… lol

+ lakaiHIGH on March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Only on Playstation… makes me sad there is no multiplayer but i can def get past that. you say ‘how’ the demo will be available, i swear to god if you guys make me jump through hoops just to try your game i will def pass it up unless it gets amazing reviews or comes highly suggested from a friend. i want to buy this game but if you handle its release and wrong then ill be forced to shoot it down. i want to be able to play it without having a headache just to try it.

peace,
Lh

+ TheGuardianFID on March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

SWEET, I can’t wait SOLD!!! :D

+ remanutd5 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

getting it day 1 for sure , im really looking forward to Infamous and the box art looks really great

Jeff where is my motorstorm pacific rift surprise????

+ TakiFuGu on March 6th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

OMFG, the cover art looks awesome!!!

+ JuJuRMJ on March 6th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

The game does look great, loving the box art and sweet news on a demo soon! I can’t wait to play it!

+ Jenovah on March 6th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Can’t wait, Love the boxart!

+ theBishop on March 6th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

I noticed the boxart has no Playstation Network logo. Is that a confirmation of single-player only?

That’s too bad. This game would be perfect for some Crackdown-style cooperative havok.

+ emiru69 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I cant wait for this game! I will purchase it the first day of the release!
Reason why Im excited:
1)ps3 exclusive
2)I love the fact that you guys dont choose any “famous” superhero and no tights or mask.
3)I saw the other day the graphical-nobel kind of story mode and I find it really nice.
4)I like the fact that you guys focus in one super-power “electricy”. Really often when you try to put too many things at the same time its just doesnt work.

+ Thrasher20 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to try this one out!

+ inveigle on March 6th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Great stuff! Can’t wait to try that demo. :)

+ NightFallen on March 6th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

The box art alone makes me want to buy it. I hope the game does really good, props to Sucker Punch.

+ DarKaoZ on March 6th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I don’t like the box art that much, is still good but I would like to see more options than that cover. I kinda like the one in which the character is receiving a lighting and he is kinda like floating. Dunno where I saw that, but I’m kinda sure it was from Infamous.

Still can’t wait for the demo.

+ Asshandler on March 6th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

Can’t wait, will buy on day one. In Sucker Punch I have faith.

+ MUGEN02 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Can’t wait to try the demo. I see Gamestop already has a pre-order bonus “Gigawatt Blades Power”.

+ The_Punisher111 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Its funny for me cuz this guy looks like the guy from Force Unleashed…… Is this a new Sith Lord look? lol

+ SwiftnShady on March 6th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

BOOM BABY! IM STOOOOOOOKED!!!!!

+ NathansFortune on March 6th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

Best game of the summer confirmed!

+ AmericanNinja1 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

I noticed no PlayStation Network logo. Looks like no co-op or online features for this game :(

+ adz2k7 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Wow, that’s sooner than I expected, Can’t wait!
Day one buy for me :D

-Ad-

+ Wolfgare on March 6th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

I’m calling this now, this game will be a sleeper hit. sold purely on word of mouth. The game itself looks amazing, day one for me fer sure!

+ Shinra1003 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Why is the title inFamous in text but inFAMOUS on the box art?

Really looking forward to this game, though.

+ StargamerX on March 6th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Finally!! Yes! Yes! Yay! Yes! Ok, too much, but I can’t wait! :P

+ The_Punisher111 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

@86
Whats up Ninja? It sucks your PS3 got YLOD or whatever …

+ coppi6976 on March 6th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!No playstation network logo on cover, I assume no MP. I dont expect MP anyways. Rock on Suckerpunch!!!

+ Adamalicious on March 6th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Sucker Punch rocks. Can’t wait!

+ Tribal_Chimera on March 6th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Awesome!

+ tezzer1985 on March 6th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Looking forward to it

+ OmegaArchetype on March 6th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Heck yeah, can’t wait for it. It looks like tons of fun and with Sucker Punch’s track record, well it’s pretty much guaranteed to be a great game.

Hope the demo comes out soon so we get to see how it plays for ourselves.

+ smokey_vols on March 6th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Great boxart. I’ll pick this game up if i’m not still laid off when it comes out :)

+ ThomasAnthony on March 6th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Not every game needs Online play…

This especially, it would be tacky and unnecessary.

+ jadjohnny on March 6th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

The cover look awesome… SOLD XD

+ Berae on March 6th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

I’m so getting this game!!

by the way the box art is really nice!

+ TakiFuGu on March 6th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

@7

You do know that not every single game needs to have a online multiplayer mode right? People like you are the reason for poor tacked on multiplayer modes.