PS4-Infamous

Patapon 2: Pata-Price Confirmation

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Mar 06, 2009 // Producer

I’m no fan of numerology (although Pi kind of threw me on a loop for a while), but I must admit that if ever there was a number to be attached to, it would be 1999. That there number is ka-ching.

So what awesomeness is brought on by this magical 1999 number? Well for starters, it’s the price for the award wining Patapon 1.

Now for the second, and most important of all – it’s the price for Patapon 2! [Insert happy dance]

True this! On May 5th, for the pocket-friendly price of $19.99, you’ll be able to own your very own personal copy of Patapon 2. No longer will you drool over the promo videos and exclusive IGN previews, like the one below (thanks Jeff and Greg!).

So on Cinco de Mayo, get ready to party!!

PAGE 1 2

+ Berae on March 6th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Awesome!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 6th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

1999 pennies. Nice price.

+ Zezzler on March 6th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Sorry, no pick up for me. i just didn’t like the gameplay for the first one, but im glad to see other did! and for that i congratulate you.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 6th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Thanks Zezzler – hopefully some of Patapon 2\’s new features might convert you. We\’ll go over them as we approach Cinco De Pata-yo…

+ inveigle on March 6th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Very nice, some incentive for sure. ;)

+ StupidityTries on March 6th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Question:
Will Patapon2 be offered as a downloadable title from the PS-Store?

+ lakaiHIGH on March 6th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

good to hear that you guys have kept your second outing with the lil patapons at a budget price. times are rough and i’ll gladly support the second as soon as i finish the first. cannot beat that price for this much game. lol

cheers,
Lh

+ ExtensaQ on March 6th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Great! I will buy this game for sure. :) Thanks.

+ XxBigP123xX on March 6th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

“award wining Patapon 1.”

Can you spot the error?

+ Neil on March 6th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

3999 pennies for Patapon 1 & 2? What a steal.

+ lowhonor on March 6th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

always great to hear more psp news

+ DMPrince on March 6th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

I wish the game came out earlier ;(

Are you guys planning to release the game on the PSN store with it’s UMD release?

+ Gadirok on March 6th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

shweet. Low prices= more sales= more support <3

great games for low price= keepz it upz :D

+ KinjiroSSD on March 6th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Keeping putting PSP games out at this price and I will keep buying them. Win-Win

+ DonnyG on March 6th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

I loved the first one so this one is a must buy. Hey Chris! Hot Shots Golf trophies? Sorry it’s off topic but I had to.

+ peevmyster on March 6th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

I must get another PSP so i can play this game, and pick up the first one again. It was so much fun playing. It was the only game i really liked playing on my PSP, which was why i sold my last one. But it looks like there is going to be some awesome PSP games coming out.

+ eudaimo on March 6th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

I’d like to reiterate “StupidTries” question: Will Patapon2 be offered as a downloadable title? I am trying to limit my purchase of PSP titles to downloadable games for the forseeable future.

+ Ti_dus on March 6th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Ha, so glad I’m European :D Tomorrow I’m buying it :)

+ AguilarX on March 6th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

may!!!!!? u guys are killing me!! but thank u for understanding the tight budget, patapon was really hard to control but still awesome. still playing it actually tons of replay value.

+ jipmg on March 6th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

put patapon 1 on the ps store, and I will buy it

Patapon 2 I will buy on umd

+ Blkant on March 6th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

1999 carries terrible memories with it though :( The loss of the 90′s and the beginning of, well, THAT guy…. Hopefully with THAT guy gone and this maybe 1999 will no longer seem so cursed… We can only hope -_

+ KingSmashy on March 6th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

The only way I can describe Patapon:
It’s like Final Fantasy, Dance Dance Revolution, and a Oompa-Loompa had a menage e trois baby. Day one buy for Pata 2.

…if you thought pi was bad check out phi!

+ Thrasher20 on March 6th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

This looks like a fun game ;)

+ tirminyl on March 6th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Another pata steal at that price! Can’t wait!

+ stephenju on March 6th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

When, if ever, will this be available on PSN? I really like to be able to buy games and download to PSP and have all of them ready all the time. Instead of popping in and out the UMD…

+ Zookey on March 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

pata pata pata pwn.

+ Enforcer_X on March 6th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Buying it day 1!
Hey can you guys delay it by one day to come out on my birthday? =)
Love this game totally importing the Patapon Plush!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on March 6th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Love the Pata-Plushes?

Stay tuned to the blog..

They might be in your future. :)

+ ExPresident on March 6th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

How about releasing the first Patapon on PSN along with Patapon 2? I’ll buy em both then. If not meh it’ll be awhile.

+ adz2k7 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

A double pack of Patapon and Patapon 2 would be awesome :)

-Ad-

+ Shelby221 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

I love Patapon! Im def going to pick this up!

PS. For Sony and everyone with a psn account… i just got a message from a “sony official” claiming that if i go to playstationchallenge.tk that i will get a 20 dollar gift card to the psn store. Im 99.9% sure this is a scam!!!!!! So watch out for it! Dont let them get your credit card number!

+ jayyy91 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Where can I get that LBP shirt???

+ Jeigh on March 6th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Pata-Purchase Confirmation.

Today, at 4:27 PM PST, Jeigh confirmed his purchase of the next blockbuster PSP game, Patapon 2. He was not available for comments as of press time.

+ ClinToN on March 6th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Can’t wait. May seems so far away, though.

+ Indifferent on March 6th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I wanna get Patapon 2. Played the demo of Patapon 1 and liked it alot. However I wanna get Patapon 1 first :P

And I can’t find it at any retail stores…and I don’t like ordering retail games online. Any chance of a patapon 1 PSN Release?

+ coyo19 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I wish they would come out with a PSN demo of this game…..

Wish it May already…

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 6th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Demo huh? Now that would be a great topic for next Pata-post (hint: that would be next week Friday).

+ LCaruana on March 6th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Awesome. This will be a day one purchase for me. Now I just have to go and finish the first one. I’ve been stuck near the end.

+ waffman11 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

The first was good, but I found the miracles hard to perform. I still can’t get them right and I always get knocked out of fever. Sometimes I play for 30 min. and get nowhere. Glad to hear that fever has a warning this time around, maybe I’ll finally get to perform some miracles.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 6th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Yeah, we really paid attention to the feedback we got from the first one and I think you will find many of the new features very helpful in conquering the evil that stand between you and Earthend.

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 6th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Reasonably priced AND on disc.

I don’t understand why you can’t get these things so exactly right every time Sony.

Sold.

+ waffman11 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

Also, when will the new R&C come out, i’m looking foreward to seeing trophies (skill points= trophies, duh).

+ Rogerjak on March 6th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Seems like I will steal my friends PSP for this game yet again. with patapon he didn’t saw his beloved PSP for about a month :P

+ seph1r0th00 on March 6th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

I loved Patapon 1, so Patapon 2 is a no-brainer-day-one-buy for sure!!

@ Cinco De Pata-yo (Chris’s comment)
XD
This game is gonna PataPWN!!!!

+ CrystalX3D on March 6th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Does anyone know if the new multiplayer is going to be online or just ad-hoc? Either way I’m getting this.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on March 6th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Ad Hoc.

(so you can see your homies\’ faces cringe trying to stay in rhythm. LOL)

It has Gameshare too so you can play with people who don\’t have the disk.

+ dudeguyperson on March 6th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

I like that all your cartoon games ( Loco Roco/ Patapon) are only $20. and there such great games!

+ Lerkero on March 6th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

$20 again? That will confirm my purchase of Patapon 2.

Thanks Sony, and remember, what the PSP needs is good ORIGINAL games…and Tetris.

+ JEdwards on March 6th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Loved the first game and will definitely be picking up this one!

HOT SHOTS GOLF (to Chris Hinojosa-Miranda)

Chris, we need your help with the online tournament scheduling. It’s been terrible and gotten worse. For a few weeks the official G0 tournaments used all 8 courses; now they’re back down to half that. We’re getting less than 2 tourneys per hour for G0 (out of 40 that are scheduled every hour). Most of the tourneys are rain, too. Minna No Golf 5 has sunny tourneys, 9 hole tourneys, uses all 8 courses, fun setups like wind display off, etc.

Please ask someone to adjust the scheduling algorithm and also provide more of the lobby avatar prizes that Minna has. Players are starting to play Minna instead and purchasing DLC from SCEJ instead of SCEA. Please don’t consider the official SCEA HSG forum as indicative of the interest in this great game. We have hundreds of loyal players at http://www.hotshotsgolf.com, but we’re starting to lose many of them to Minna and other games. Help!

+ Korlithiel on March 6th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

And still no pause button. I guess I will do like I did with the first, wait to find a copy that’s used so I can at least get it cheaper.

+ tearsofash on March 6th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

I’m not asking or inquiring, because I know you can’t comment. But……Patapon PSN. :P

+ Jon_Mclane on March 6th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

will we get any kind of bonus goodies for having a game save from the first game, like that bonus item you got in the full game for beating the demo

+ EvoAnubis on March 6th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Chris…

I NEED this on PSN. I don’t want a disk; I want the game on my memory stick where nothing can happen to it. My Patapon UMD was decimated by my godson, and I don’t want to see that happen with Patapon 2.

For those of you that might be thinking “just keep it out of his reach,” you are obviously unaware that one and a half year old boys have magic powers, and the only location that is “out of reach” to them is on the moon.

+ CrystalX3D on March 6th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

@41
Well game share makes up for the lack of online. I don’t know what it’s like in Japan, but here I have a hard enough time finding other people with psps much less the same games as me, so ad-hoc by itself is just about a worthless feature. (I’m looking at you monster hunter series!)

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on March 6th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

I\’m sure it can be a challenge, although the sales of the PSP is going pretty strong so we know folks are out there. Where are you at? This blog is a perfect place to recruit some fellow PSP soldiers!

+ Midgetguy on March 6th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

I think all PSP games should be at this price… It would definately increase game sales!

It seems like when games are only 20 dollars, they’re worth more quality wise!

I mean, Locoroco 2, Patapon 2, Buzz!… it just seems like we get more higher quality games with the value prices! :)

But hey, I’m fine with that!!!! lol

This is GREAT news, and I’m glad to hear that Patapon 2 is continuing this trend!

PAGE 1 2