PS4 - Destiny

Sack it to Me – The “We’re Biting Our Tongue” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Mar 06, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Admittedly, this week’s update is a bit on the light side – mainly because we have some great stuff that we have to wait until next week’s post. But instead of not posting anything, we thought it would be best to at least update you on a few things…

MediaMolecule Podcast
As a new feature to the MediaMolecule.com site, Media Molecule has just posted the first of many podcasts. It’s a new endeavor, so they’re looking for feedback – so if you have any, comment away!

LittleBigPlanet - Media Molecule starts podcasting

Another Clever Commercial from the UK
You’ve seen the hilarious commercials from our UK offices. They’ve just finalized one more and it’s a ‘stinker’…literally (check for yourself).

LittleBigChallenge2
We were originally planning to announce today, but in an effort to make this an exclusive and simultaneous challenge for multiple countries, we have to “dot a few more i’s” and “cross a few more t’s” before we make an official announcement. Hold tight.

LittleBigApparel
In need of some new clothes? Love SackBoy? If the answer is yes to both, head to your nearest Kohl’s or Hot Topic, where you’ll find the latest trend in SackBoy fashion. Our partners @ IVGear have several designs of official merchandise in the works and this is just the first of them.

LittleBigPlanet LBP tshirt

PAGE 1 2

+ inveigle on March 7th, 2009 at 5:39 am said:

I like the shirt but the I didn’t like the commercial at all.

+ Kenshin71 on March 7th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

Completely off topic but since there is little opportunity to communicate directly with Sony marketing, I was wondering why in the US and EU there is only one colour of PS3 available while in Japan there are three; white, silver and black? Do the plastic dyes add significant extra cost that the US/EU can’t afford?

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 7th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SACKBOY LITTLEBIGPLANET FROM FACEBOOK.

+ ClinToN on March 7th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

Good gawd…English humor. lol

Nice t-shirts!

+ Darkos87 on March 7th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

That UK advert makes me embarassed I actually own LBP… :(

+ JKC31 on March 7th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

Anyone one know how to sew like the wind. Like the ladies in the 3 Amigos would be preferred.
I want to sell pillows of people’s PSN avatars. They are so hip I think I can out do these shirts in just a couple of short weeks.

+ Poopypirate on March 7th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

that Tee looks really bomb, i shall go to goths r us (hot topic) right now to get it!

+ Th3-L3gEnDx on March 7th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

coool

+ Seiven on March 7th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Must have!, that thing is AWESOME

+ dragonclaw88 on March 7th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

that ad is hilarious and that shirt is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lbp forever!!!!!!!!!!!

+ guitain on March 7th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Love that ad! Cool level… Wish it was real though =( Looking forward to see it on my telly!

+ existenz1 on March 7th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

funny add. didnt stick to listen to the podcast. I come from uk and they started talking about the recent snow. DOnt want to listen to MM talking about the weather, tell them to stick to talking about the game, dont have time for irrlevant nonsense

+ AztecaPride559 on March 7th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

I wonder what the big news could be. I hope its details about the online create mode and when its coming. Either way these shirts look awesome.

+ GumBo632 on March 7th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

I got this shirt about a month ago. Fits me the best so nobody where it on the same day as me.

+ TheHater2 on March 7th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

Can you guys give us a list of Stores that selling those shirts.?

+ Demonic_Zhen on March 7th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

That shirt is so Sic . . . I am picking that up asap!!!

+ MidnightBlues on March 8th, 2009 at 12:15 am said:

Awesome …..now I just have to wait patiently for some trophy ridden DLC to become available and rejuvinate my love for LBP!!

+ hub2bub on March 8th, 2009 at 2:56 am said:

Whoah, seriously, can you guys sort out this ‘profile is too full’ issue once and for all?

My younger sister has played this game religiously since it came out (understandably), but everytime i see her playing it now she’s either batting the notification away or deleting items. A 60GB PS3 and what, a 4MB profile cap? It’s only pushing us to not play it anymore, and if it’s like this now, there’s no WAY we’re buying any of the DLC, which’ll only make things worse.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on March 8th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

I love this game i just cant get anyone to play my level AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG fellow sackians band together and help a sack in need play my level heart it if you wish it wasnt worth the effort if no one but me and my wife have played it sorry to go off subject PSN: cronic_gamer

+ jncasanova on March 8th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

I have a question, when you licensed did you gave the 3d file of sackboy so they can pose him for the shirt or do you just send them the image files?

I want to license some cg characters but don’t know what’s best or what the licensee asks for.

+ Skater_Ricky on March 8th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Im Sorry But you guys did NOT talk a out anything Important in the Podcast… Next time working on some Questions and Answers.. Might be Helpful OK..

And Talk about whats going on arond MM company and how SONY is Close to you guys.

Just talk about something Important PLEASE!

+ Sephiroth on March 8th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Shirt available in Latin America ?

+ DrQuack02 on March 8th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Hope next week is an announcement that LBP DLC content will be weekly….

Or at least announce things a month at a time…

+ LavaWing098 on March 8th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

How much does that shirt cost?

+ StalkingSilence on March 9th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

I liked that the commercial had a voiceover, made a little more sense than previous UK commercials. Glad to see the game is still being promoted – only means more players/content for the rest of us!

+ StalkingSilence on March 9th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

That shirt would be cool, but I’m not sure it’s worth the risk of contracting hepititis at Hot Topic.

+ dh4645 on March 9th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

i need more plays and hearts on my level.
please add me as a friend and heart my level and i will return the favor.

+ lonewolf1994 on March 9th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

wow i would really want 1 of them t-shirts….

but i wonder what people would think when i would be walking in the street whit that thing on me O_o

+ HHH247 on March 9th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

i would love the t-shirt and can you check out my levols in lbp tell me what you think =)my psn name is HHH247 thanks =o

+ Brandon_2535 on March 10th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Is there any plans as to making it so that you can delete pictures that you have uploaded to the LittleBigPlanet Community? I’m talking about the pictures that appear under the InfoMoon. The ones that “tag” people in the picture.

+ JRGC17 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Im really hoping that the LBP crown will be available in lots more countries, especially the UK so i can enter :).

If you havnt already, check out my Evolution of Dance: Sackboy Style on Youtube!
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP5MeL5gpc

+ StrifeFan on March 12th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

I am unable find the LBP shirt on the Kohls website. I was wondering if someone could help me find a link?

+ Mikoid1 on March 23rd, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

That shirt looks like it is filled with AWESOMESAUCE!

PAGE 1 2