PS4-Watch_Dogs

Metal Gear Online – SCENE Expansion Pre-Order Begins

Brandon Laurino's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Laurino on Mar 10, 2009 // Executive Producer, Dust 514

Hello all – Starting later today, you will be able to pre-order the Metal Gear Online SCENE Expansion pack! You can purchase SCENE separately for $9.99, a bundle with the second MGO Expansion pack, MEME, for $14.99, or get all three Expansion packs, GENE, MEME, and, SCENE for just $17.99 through Metal Gear Online’s in-game shop and Konami’s shop. If you buy a bundle pack that includes MEME and/or GENE, they will be available immediately, and SCENE will become available on the release date, March 17, 2009. All can be purchased using the PlayStation Network Wallet and PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods.

Metal Gear Online SCENE Expansion Screenshot Boxman

All players who pre-order SCENE will receive the special “cardboard man” head gear for free, so don’t wait to jump on these great deals!

Only one week left until SCENE is released, but there’s even more cool stuff yet to be revealed, so stay tuned!

123 Comments

+ FoxGirl on March 10th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Andrefpvs, I know which is why I’m confused why I can’t see either paypal or PSN wallet option… So damn confusing.

+ blindrocket on March 10th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I prefer to use the Playstation Store to make my Playstation purchases.

+ mexicansaint on March 10th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

@51 You have to use the internet browser to see the Paypal option.

+ Chase167 on March 10th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

i will never play online
because of that dumb a$$ Konami ID

where da trophies at

ill pass for now

+ poisonedsodapop on March 10th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Already pre-ordered! Looking forward to it.

KEEP THE KONAMI IDs

Just to annoy some people.

+ FoxGirl on March 10th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

mexicansaint, yeah I see the option but when you click on buy it takes you to credit card info page. I guess Konami is still working on it. Ugh, I only want this pack because of Raiden!

+ bravo9zero on March 10th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Remove Konami log in IDs and use the official PSN IDs,

Couldn’t agree more!
Tons of people on my friends list want to play MGO but have lost their ID and pass (Like me)

PLEASE KONAMI!!!
Change too PSN!!

+ FE_RR on March 10th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

fu#$!, i just checked the konami store, and there’s no psn wallet option…if you do not want us to get the pre-order with the psn account just tell us, don’t make us check like idiots, and how much is sony chargin to put something in the ps store (is the only reason i see that konami don’t put something in the ps store), so will we be able to buy something with the psn wallet before 17th or just let it go like the others?

+ Demonic_Zhen on March 10th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

I want that sweater . . .

+ Chase167 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

@poisonedsodapop please tell me your joking

where da trophies at
im read 2 play unreal again
my metal gear is collecting dust

+ MrBeatdown on March 10th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Wait for it…

…wait for it…

…wait for it…

TROPHIES!!!

(And death to the Konami ID. PSN integration please.)

That is all.

+ poisonedsodapop on March 10th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

@60 Totally not joking. I don’t care if it’s Konami ID based or not. There would be a lot MORE, yes, MORE problems if they decided to switch to PSN. I paid money for all the expansions and I’d expect to keep them. How would that happen if they decided to switch? They’d have to make major changes to the game. Not to mention how would I access my two characters from the PSN interface? I prefer it as it is. I can remember how to sign in and I’m fine like that.

+ spunnups on March 10th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Trophies or no Buy!

+ evildude683 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

MAN…@uck triphies ppl…seriously…screw them stupid triphies

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 10th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Where’s mah trophies and PSN integration?

I love MGS series but still haven’t bought the game, you wanna ask me why?

+ The_Punisher111 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Hey guys …. forget the Konami ID system BS. You guys should complain about TROPHIES!!!
WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!! WE WANT TROPHIES!!

+ The_Sorrow__ on March 10th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Hey I was wondering how we will be using the playstation network wallet to buy the Scene expansion? Do we go to the Konami shop or will it be in the Playstation store? Also will any of the packs come with a extra chacter slot?

+ Mobius_124 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

PSN integration or GTFO.

+ The_Punisher111 on March 10th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

@67
In order to buy the expansions you must go to Konami Shop…
I really dont know if it comes with another slot :l

+ The_Sorrow__ on March 10th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Thanks Punisher

+ bandoors_ksa on March 10th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

trophies??

+ Vaga on March 10th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Hey Brandon do you guys read the comments? Do you see that almost everyone and his dogs wants trophies and proper PSN login?

+ KazeEternal on March 10th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

pay pal? Why? PSN… why not?

+ The_Sorrow__ on March 10th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Hey everyone who is asking for trophies and PSN intergration check this article ohttp://kotaku.com/5163224/konami-still-pondering-trophies-for-metal-gear-solid-4ut

+ freakyzeeky on March 10th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Won’t be buying this unless trophy support is implemented… and get rid of that Konami-ID!

+ Axecution on March 10th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Dont really care about the trophies – but do you guys have any idea how many people dont or (cough-me-cough) CANT play your stupid game online because of the Konami IDs. I am NOT paying 7 bucks for a new account just cause i don’t remember my all number password. -Which is only one of the 3 passwords i need to remember just to play the damn thing online.
Im sorry, but the Konami ID idea is by far the stupidest most retarded idea anybody ANYWHERE could have possibly imagined applying to a game. Throw in the fact that the PS3s internet browser is far from the greatest thing ever – even when running standalone – while playing a game, and you push stupid over the edge to a point where stating it would leave me banned from this site.
Please, God, fix the stupid Konami ID crap and let us use out PSN IDs. I’d say sorry for the negative feedback, but im not. I really would like to play MGO with my friend who plays it all the time – but i cant.

+ JohAE86 on March 10th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

lmao

you guys are so lame. Konami doesn’t need a bunch of sniveling ingrates on psblog to make money. I hate to say it but you guys make me ashamed to be an American, because only Americans could be so lazy & forgetful that they can’t sign up for a simple account & remember their login/password.

OR EVEN FIND THE “REMEMBER PASSWORD” BUTTON.

konami makes their money off the more intelligent people who realize that trophies & psn integration a good game does not make. Most of you complaing about the konami ID haven’t even ever played the game. MGO has way more stuff going on all at once in it than any other online PS3 game. So I say, screw your PSN integration, it will only muck things up. They keep efficient track of everything this way, ESPECIALLY with the billing system.

That said, JPN MGO has about 10x the population of NA MGO anyway, Konami has their subscribers and they don’t need you.

want some cheese with that wine?

+ The_Punisher111 on March 10th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

A. PSN Sign-ID for MGO
B. Trophies (a whole mass of them)
C. More expansions
D. All the above
My answer would be D

+ Dehshizknight on March 10th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Hmm, a bundle? I might actually have to get this!

BTW, will Konami be supporting Home with in-game launching and even some MGS Home items? :)

+ Lowe0 on March 10th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Time for yet another reminder to Konami: have you not noticed that the trend in IT is towards single sign-on? Why would they think it should be any different in games?

Dump your login system and go to PSN. Otherwise, I’m not touching it.

+ wallhugger on March 10th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

I would buy this if there were any PSN cards available in the stores >.> SCEE ignores us completely so we have to nag here :B

+ xBerserker on March 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Don’t see a PSN Wallet option either …

To the people [DELETED] about the Konami ID, give it a rest. You enter your info once and the game remembers it!

Would it be better tied into the PSN? Yes it would, but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying the game.

+ The_Sorrow__ on March 10th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

@81 Ive bought about 6 PSN cards right about now so they are avalible

+ videogameguy on March 10th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

I’m with #42.

+ llucariny on March 10th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Bought it! Go Konami!
And I don’t get why people get so frustrated with Konami ID… I see nothing wrong with using it.

+ NeoUltima on March 10th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Being able to use the PSN wallet is an improvement :) . Now just get the expansions on the PS store itself.

(also obligatory comment about konami/game ids.)

+ NeoUltima on March 10th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

^^ MGS4 is still my fav game on ps3, I ain’t hatin’ Konami but fix the MGO registration mess.

I think once you do, you should have a “relaunch” of MGO on the PSstore and via a disc in stores.

+ Arcturian on March 10th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

I love how Konami’s adding things like the “MGS4 podcast” all the time but not giving us stuff we actually want.

+ Terabytes on March 10th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

oh and as for helpful suggestions…

i’d like to see a better bonus for pre-orderers!

please more info on the expansion!

i want a standalone MGO in Canada with NO expansions for 15$ DISK PLEASE. but i know that might e expensive so PSN for 10$ is fine.

(^I REALLY HATE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET INTO MGO! i love mgs4 but ME WANT MGO!)

+ lakaiHIGH on March 10th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

sick deals! im eyeing that all three-in-one bundle.

thanks,
Lh

+ TakiFuGu on March 10th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

OFF-TOPIC:

For some of you guys that doesn’t know. The UT3 Trophy patch is live!

+ sunny_patch on March 10th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

it looks good .plus u get to wear box on your head lol.

+ acerazer1 on March 10th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

Haha, always with these MGO posts it is always 95% comments that complain about the Konami online system/ID and lack of PSN ID and trophy support, 4% comments off-topic, and 1% comments on-topic.
I am sorry for everyone who is inconvienced by this confusing system (to me at least), but I’m sure you’ll get over it one day.

+ Wildone1969 on March 10th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

“All can be purchased using the PlayStation Network Wallet and PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods”

Can NOT use Playstation Wallet, no option for it through the SHop in game or through website
only option to pay is Credit Card a PayPal
if there is optin for using PSN Wallet please tell me how thank you!

+ StealthCorazon on March 10th, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

@77 preach on!

+ Kenshin71 on March 10th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Abolish the Konami ID. Viva la revolucian! Seriously, every post by Brandon Laurino is met with a hundred similar requests to get rid of the clunky Konami ID system. Here’s an idea Brandon, how about actually responding to the fans and making a statement instead of contemptuosly ignoring them?

+ Wild_Man_X on March 10th, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

If this was available through the Playstation Store and had trophies, I would definitely get it.

+ Cancer-fish on March 10th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

hehe

“Purchase complete
Thank you very much for your custom.”

+ vegeta112 on March 10th, 2009 at 11:46 pm said:

Trophies please!!!

If they implement trophies a bunch of trophy whores who didn’t get the game *shame on them* will buy it and it will add Alot of replay ability

+ Shadow_Dancer on March 11th, 2009 at 12:58 am said:

After hearing that the expansion will be available through Paypal and the PS Store, I thought “Great” I now have the option of paying with Paypal instead of a credit card. Only you failed to mention that this isn’t available to those wishing to buy it OUTSIDE OF THE U.S! Why not give the option to everyone? MGO is a global game isn’t it?