PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Sackboy in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Mar 11, 2009 // Producer

Greeting fellow Hot Shots Golfers! I’m back once again with a special announcement from the fairway: LittleBigPlanet’s very own Sackboy has landed on a Hot Shots Golf course near you (and by near you, I mean any of the 8 awesome courses in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds!).

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - LittleBigPlanet's Sackboys

So now that your bestest wish has been granted, what more could we do for you? Well, for starters, we could also include a couple of cool outfits to dress up your Sackboy.

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - LittleBigPlanet Sackboy

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - LittleBigPlanet's Sackboy

Obviously your next question is: when can I get my hands on this greatness? Well friends, here’s the catch — you’ll have to wait until tomorrow. I know it must seem like an eternity to some, but if you factor in eating and a good night’s sleep, you are looking at a little over 16 hours of wait time. Then of course if you consider school/work you’re practically down to 8 hours; and take into account commuting and you are down to 5 hours; and let’s not forget those 5 hours you spend daydreaming about Hot Shots Golf and clicking through YouTube. So you see, if you factor in all those events, the download is but a few minutes away!

Once today has whizzed on by, you’ll have to follow these simple steps below:

• Turn on PLAYSTATION 3 console and log onto the PlayStation Network
  • Go on to the PlayStation Store and purchase Sackboy
  • Insert Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds disc into PS3
  • Go to the online portion of HSG, download new patch
  • Voila! You are now the proud owner of one Sackboy and his many outfits.

See you out there on the links!

82 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ MegadethAndy on March 11th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I still havn’t go this game yet.

+ MegadethAndy on March 11th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

got*

+ zombiefriend on March 11th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

do ppl still play this game? :/

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 11th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Price?

Usable Online?

Trophies soon?

+ gumionday on March 11th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

Yes people do still play this game. I love it. It is a nice relaxing game to play when wanting to throw the controller at the tv on the last level of Killzone 2. With updates like these I am even more motivated to play this game.

More corses and please add trophies to this wonderful game, come one Sony you know you want to.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 11th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

@offline … online never busy too bad best golf on ps3 too.

+ RGS-14 on March 11th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

I’ll buy this game the second you guys start supporting it better.

-Trophy support
-Home support
-custom music

+ DropD on March 11th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

I agree, where are the trophies ?

+ lakaiHIGH on March 11th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

always a pleasure to have you here mr miranda! i love it when you post on here, you always have something new and fresh for us for the content side of PSN.

thanks,
Lh

+ FilliamHMuffman on March 11th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Maybe it’s a cultural thing and the Japanese don’t care about achievements/trophies, but no trophies is a deal breaker. I won’t pick up Hot Shots Golf until there’s a trophy patch.

+ Axecution on March 11th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

Damn! Now that’s just cool. I was actually ready to go get this game after seeing this and the Kratos announcment. …but. a few seconds ago – i read this.

“’ll buy this game the second you guys start supporting it better.

-Trophy support
-Home support
-custom music”

…Damn. No trophies or soundtracks? >.< Really? :/ I mean, i appreciate devs that support their games – but a golf game without in-game music doesnt really seem all that fitting. :/ Just saying.

Anyway, that was technically off topic. This is still great news. 5/5. :D

+ BlindMango on March 11th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

AWESOME!

+ BlindMango on March 11th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

…put some sacks in ratchet and clank as unlockable costumes when it comes out later this year …

+ randy_wrecked on March 11th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

It’s too bad Hot Shots Golf doesn’t have voice chat. I might have bought it.

+ JEdwards on March 11th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

Chris, that’s awesome! The little Sackboy shall be mine.

Will the latest HSG update include better online tournament schedules? We used to be able to play all 8 courses in the 50-person tourneys, but now only 4 courses for the G0 and G1 players. We’d love to have all courses in tourney play, plus less rain, more frequent G0/G1 tourneys, and the variety and prizes that Minna No Golf has. Thank you for considering it! I had a short-lived petition for it on the SCEA official forum: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=hotshotsgolf&thread.id=6407. There are hundreds of players in G0 and G1 and we’d love to see some tweaking of the online tourney scheduling. Thanks!

PSN: Optimus_Prime

+ JEdwards on March 11th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

To #14, HSG does indeed have voice chat. It’s available in Match Mode (1 on 1). Would love to see it in Stroke Mode as well. Plus custom soundtracks and trophies. Here’s a suggestion thread on the official SCEA forum: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=hotshotsgolf&thread.id=754. Please post suggestions there so Chris and the other producers can see it! Thanks!

+ bushisprez on March 11th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

meh…

+ Tigerriot on March 11th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Please add trophies for this game. If you want people to keep up with it there would be no better way to do that than to add trophies.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 11th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

@14

There is voice chat in Match play

+ Bigrhyno on March 11th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

100% pure awesome. And forget trophies, give us some cool stuff like this.

+ Calendaros on March 11th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Please include trophies, japanese voices, and the original BGM please.

+ Sakimori_X on March 11th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

I will second every one of #21′s requests.

+ gbpman630 on March 11th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

@22: Same here.

+ tearsofash on March 11th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

I gotta have this!

+ Hellblazer on March 11th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Trophies please.

Thanks.

+ Debille on March 11th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

Cool stuff ! It would be great to have Nathan Hale (Resistance) , Ratchet & Clank , Snake , Nathan Drake and Nariko as playable characters .

+ HuntingYou on March 11th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

This is a Sony game isn’t it?
Where are the trophies?

+ Morgus on March 11th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Trophies! That’s all the support i want. Make it so.

Seriously,
It seems the devs just want to make money on DLC, they don’t care about actual support for their game.

+ gold5225 on March 11th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Is the game it self downloadable yet?

+ AlexTheStampede on March 11th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

I hate how this serie has basically 2-3 names… I mean, Minna no golf and Everybody’s golf are just a translation away, but why adding also Hot shots golf? Bah.
Also, as far as this is an awesome game… “So you see, if you factor in all those events, the download is but a few minutes away!” it’s either the EU update servers run on a 56kb modem, or you have never updated. I never spent less than 2 hours updating it, the servers are just too slow.

Rant excluded… lol, Sackboy? :D would be cool to have an online match in that Dino-land with Kratos and Sackboy XD

+ liketoski on March 11th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Is there going to be another Hot Shots Golf for the PS3? If there is will downloadable content be compatible with both of them? And I saw on the UK Playstation site that they are getting wire-less microphones for singstar soon, when will North America get them? I want to get the game when they come out! Heres the link:

+ Psycho_Eddie on March 11th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

What!? No St. Patrick’s Day sackboy outfit!? Curse you and your unlove of the Irish!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 11th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

If add:

-Trophies
-Custom Soundtrack
-Rumble
-Home Support

Sales +1

+ Mastroall on March 11th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Im with #32.

+ smokey_vols on March 11th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Instead of focusing on DLC for the game how about giving us some trophy support and custom music. I would actually buy the game if it had that. Sorry, i’m not going to buy a cash-cow game without those features.

+ jqtaxpayer on March 11th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Thanks, Chris… nice to hear from you again. Always good to hear of more high-quality content for Hot Shots Golf, one of my favorite PS3 exclusives.

For what it’s worth, I’d like to see one of the apes from Ape Escape on the links… in the meantime, I’ll definitely be picking up Sackboy. Looks great! Keep up the good work!

+ jqtaxpayer on March 11th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

PS: If there’s any way to add trophy support to this game, PLEASE do what you can to make it happen!

PPS: According to many analysts, games with trophies and achievements sell better than those that do not. ;-)

+ Thrasher20 on March 11th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

I would buy Hot Shots Gold: Out of Bounds if it had a trophy update

+ Chaos_Bladez on March 11th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

I never get how devs will always shell out paid for DLC but won’t add free stuff that everyone wants, like trophies.

+ Delriach on March 11th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

How much is sackboy gonna be?

+ Hellman on March 11th, 2009 at 6:43 pm said:

TROPHIES TROPHIES TROPHIES PLEASE!!!!! I love this game all it needs is trophy support.

+ spunnups on March 11th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

TROPHIES AND ILL BUY IT NO PROBLEM

+ vliam on March 11th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

I bought this game at launch. I don’t play it much any more. Sackboy’s probably not going to change that situation.

You want to guess what would?

Uh-huh… trophies.

+ Kxpuc on March 11th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack
Custom Music Soundtrack

+ gamestopper09 on March 11th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

Cool. I want killzone level pack!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on March 11th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

I want this game, but never saw it in mexico

+ ItsNymo on March 11th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

man, As if Hot Shots: Out of Bounds couldn’t get any cuter!

heh, Can’t wait to see other PlayStation-inhabitants cross games again soon!

+ Rhez on March 11th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

what can be cuter than Sackboy? I love to see Sackboy taking over other games. Hmm, LBP skins for Motorstorm? Anywho, all I have to say is “yay!” Ok I’m done.

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

Hey guys,

Any word on a trophy patch?

Also, how about bringing Hot Shots Putter Golf over here and replace Toro with Sack Boy?

+ BZKlint on March 11th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

Seems as though Sackboys are running rampant in every current PS3 exclusive game/DLC, or the other way around =P

(Games being re-done in LittleBigPlanet…)

PAGE 1 2