LittleBigPlanet 3

Fans Remember Flower – with Video

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Mar 12, 2009 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

Hi everyone, Randall Lowe here, associate producer on Flower.

I wanted to introduce you to a great trailer entitled “Remember” that was put together by The Duo Group, with the sound put together by Hybrid Two. Right after Flower came out last month, Kellee from thatgamecompany came to us and showed us this trailer, asking if we could distribute it on the blog and PSN. After seeing what an amazing job The Duo Group did putting the trailer together, our answer seemed pretty obvious.

The trailer captures so many feelings that the game conveys, it just seemed like a perfect fit. What’s even equally amazing is that all of this with nothing but idle screens, which is what are shown when you leave the game sitting for a short bit. After a little work on the back end, we were able to get the trailer ready and approved for distribution today via the PSN. So, without further adieu, please sit back, enjoy, and remember.

70 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 12th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

FLOWER FTW! Great but needs CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS PLEASE?

+ lakaiHIGH on March 12th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

okay that’s it Im gonna go buy this now!

thanks,
Lh

+ Berae on March 12th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

I enjoyed this game very much! thanks for such innovation and different kind of games
Its a must buy for every PS owners

+ Jeigh on March 12th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Such a beautiful game… Though does it really need any more publicity? I have to imagine most everybody has this by now. If they don’t, they should be slapped upside the head to see if it can bring about a revelation.

My thanks to Jenova Chen.

+ Jeigh on March 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!? Come on! This is one of those games for which the sound and music are actually important to the experience. Ask for this on almost any other title and I’d agree, but not here. Not by a long shot.

+ poisonedsodapop on March 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

@4 I don’t have Flower. Are you gonna slap me? It’s not polite to hit a girl. =X

+ jayyy91 on March 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

I would really like to try a demo of this game. Will we be seeing one any time soon?

+ Cody_L on March 12th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Fantasic Video, makes me wonder what thatgamecompany’s next game will be like…
::stares off into space::

+ BlindMango on March 12th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

great trailer, I loved this game while it lasted.

+ Neil on March 12th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

This is one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. Thanks That Game Company!

+ Axecution on March 12th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Nice trailer. Great game. :D

A sequel/some DLC would be insanely nice though. lol. Thatgamecompany? You there? >.>

+ unstablefears on March 12th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

I’ve been meaning to get this game, I will have to get it tonight. Certainly up for some relaxing visuals.

+ MegadethAndy on March 12th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Game is not bad, only played it twice since it came out, and to be honest, one stage frustrates me and i cant pass it lol.

+ D-Squad3 on March 12th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Custom Soundtracks would be nice IMO, that was the first thing I checked when I played the game but was not there.

+ stef_wil on March 12th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

i hope we can get new levels ^^

+ LonelyHunter86 on March 12th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

this game is the best proof that game and art can mix together to deliver the most experience one can get

in other word, this game is awesome

+ qoldfish on March 12th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

An awesome trailer for an awesome game.

+ acertainkid on March 12th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

I loved the game. Very amazing. But there is some glitch in my game where I get a secret flower but it registers in a different pot. I have all the secret flowers but I don’t get my trophy.

+ CrimsonFox13 on March 12th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

This game’s definitely worth the money, even for one playthrough (I played through it several times though).

I have to say, though… I think the later levels weren’t that great. They went a little more “traditional” I think with it, and added more gameplay elements (Like electricity) which I really did not like. The beginning is definitely amazing though.

+ Neil on March 12th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

I went back and played Flower again the other night right after beating Killzone 2. I recommend it. Flower is like the sequel to Killzone 2.

+ riZe- on March 12th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

This should be on TV. I think it would inspire so many people.

+ whiteboykyle on March 12th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Love this game, your guy’s games are so relaxing and deep, I wonder what you guy’s will churn out next.

+ Midgetguy on March 12th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

That was beautiful!

Very well done!

I really wanna go back and play the game again now! lol

Nice work guys in cohesion with The Duo Group! And, of course, many MANY thanks to Jenova Chen and all those at That Game Company!

+ Ostaf on March 12th, 2009 at 6:43 pm said:

I need to get a job, then my PS3 fixed, then I need to buy this!

+ PSninjaRED on March 12th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

Good timing, as I just finished the game about 10 minutes ago!! Absolutely one of the best reasons to own a PS3. I have never gotten so many chills from playing a video game in my life- but the chills remind me of key moments from Final Fantasy 7 and 10- my two favs.

If you haven’t played this yet, get in a good mood, and download it already. Just amazing- it might even bring you to tears.

+ madtyger on March 12th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

A game I can only describe as “art”. And I use that term very strictly as well. Only two other games have managed to earn that description from me and they were both from Team Ico. I cannot express how amazing this game is.

+ Samarotu on March 12th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I really love this game, its so special, so relaxing, so beautiful, so extraordinary…

It´s one of the best games i´ve ever played.

If anybody is not atteacted to playing videogames, show them flower & they will fall in love with it :)

looking forward to get some “dlc” for it & i´m really excited what u u guys bring us next :)

+ ilikemonkeys on March 12th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

They really do some great stuff. I love the little trailers they do. My fave is actually one they did for Halo 3, some astounding composites done with it.

+ HOSS74 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

Flower is an amazing gaming experience. I agree that a little TLC from TGC in the form of DLC would be AWESOME…!

Sorry, the acronym thing was pretty lame. :)

+ EnigmaNemesis on March 12th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Thank you so much for this video, it gave me goosebumps just watching it.

You all made a very powerful and emotional game. And one I have not played since the likes of ICO or Shadow of Colossus.

This is definitely on it’s stardom to the same cult following classic.

Many kudos to all involved, for the wonderful game and this video.

-EN

+ TanZong on March 12th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Really good trailer that captures the essence of Flower. I am so pleased with the purchase of Flower, it is so simple and so very relaxing. It’s a great change of pace when I’m not shooting the Higs.

+ tsukasa1288 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

damn, now i wanna go play flower again.

+ AlexD169 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

FLOWER rocks the game was great and I would rate it 9/10 one point off because how short it was but may I ask one thing will you ever get any DLC? That would be great and add more replay value.

+ gamestopper09 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

This is game awesome. The best game on PSN

+ depward on March 12th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

Such a beautiful, beautiful game. One of the most relaxing & gorgeous experiences I’ve ever had. Loved the soundtrack as well.

I do remember. And, really, always will/

+ Morisato06 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

@19: I understand what you mean, it got me a bit frustrated as well XD… But it also would seem wrong if they took it out, since it goes perfectly with the story that’s being told [in my opinion at least :) ]

+ bob52 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

This is ART…. this clip inspired my short essay got 97 on it

+ allstar2812 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

wow that was GREAT!!!

+ blindrocket on March 12th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

I just purchased this today.

Beautiful game. I love it.

+ acerazer1 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

One of the best experiences I’ve had on PS3.

+ stlthriot on March 12th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

Amazing indeed, enjoyed this game/experience very much!

It would be cool to see some added on “level” or some type of DLC. Something near an ocean perhaps. :D

I still say ThatGameCompany should make a Flower visualization for the PS3’s music player! Please! :)

+ Morisato06 on March 12th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

@41:

I agree with you about that DLC, they did it with FlOw… Hopefully they will with this game :)

And that visualization for the music player would be amazing haha, i wish they’d make some screen savers, it’d look awesome on my computer >.<

+ Zookey on March 12th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

VERY GOOD GAME!

+ nokedimyo on March 12th, 2009 at 9:50 pm said:

Flower is a very beautiful and relaxing game. Great job guys!

+ Thrasher20 on March 12th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

I remember Flower!!

+ spideyal on March 12th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

I love love LOVE flower.
Its such a simple game, but so deep and relaxing.
I hope this wins awards and shows that not all games need to be so violent to be enjoyable.

+ oG-ShAdY on March 12th, 2009 at 11:20 pm said:

I’m really looking forward to finally downloading this off of the PlayStation store in the coming weeks. That Game Company almost had a purchase from me with flOw and now I’m completely compelled to get Flower.

+ nicoslayer on March 12th, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

a game about flowers? i have seen it all…

+ triple_lei on March 13th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

Well, I totally hated flOw, and I like shooters (the scrolling spaceship kind), so can anyone tell me why I should get Flower over Soldner X?

+ MACS_PAIN on March 13th, 2009 at 12:51 am said:

It’s the closest experience with the natural world as a game could get. It makes you really want to go outside to a big open field filled with flowers and just breathe, and relax. Beautiful game, beautiful experience! Worth the download.

PAGE 1 2