PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Punches its Way to PSN April 9!

Josh Miller's Avatar + Posted by Josh Miller on Mar 12, 2009 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic logo

Hi, I’m Joshua Miller, the U.S. producer of Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. It’s been a while since Fists of Plastic made its debut at E3 last year and since its announcement, people have been asking for more details. Well, the time has finally come and I am very pleased (not to mention, very excited) to announce today that Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic will be available for download exclusively on PSN beginning THURSDAY, APRIL 9th!

Before I go even further, please check out this brand new, never-before-seen trailer that shows exactly what to look forward to. If you like what you see and can’t wait until the game comes out, feel free to download this trailer for free and watch it as many times as you like! It is available TODAY on the Playstation Store.

As you can see, we are unloading the craziest cast of fighters for you to unleash some of the nuttiest fighting moves in kung fu history! Using the SIXAXIS wireless controller, not to mention, all the Chi Power you will be earning, you can control the crazy 3D characters and orchestrate in-air, ninja-like attacks, as well as engage in intense combat using weapons and strategy for an all-out, 360-degree assault. And of course, the better you become, the more trophies you earn!

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic screenshot 5 Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plasticscreenshot 1

For added fun, players can also unlock body parts to create their own characters, with over hundreds of combinations. These customizable characters can bend, stretch and perform every fighting move with hilarious results.

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic screenshot 4

With plenty of modes and settings to suit both hardcore and casual gamers, Fists of Plastic’s pick-up-and-play controls allow for hours of fun gameplay with up to 4 people locally. Fun for parties, players can create a team-based free-for-all using the King of the Hill, Deathmatch, Dodgeball or Capture the Fish modes.

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic screenshot 2 Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic screenshot 3

Whether you’re playing solo or in a group, feel free to check the online leaderboards and compare your game to someone across the globe!

I’m going to leave you with that for now. We will be providing more details — not to mention, more goodies — throughout the next several weeks. So, continue checking back here for the latest on RDKF: Fists of Plastic!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Aspides on March 12th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

a game like this NEEDS online matches… its like playing crash commando only with bots, its a nonsense. if i dont have much friends to play with am i stuck with bots?..ehm :/

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 12th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

And when is the physical media release for this game coming?

+ RGS-14 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

@Josh Miller

Are you a robot?
because your replies sure sound robotic.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

No, I\’m not a robot.

+ Trystano on March 12th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Does look brilliant, but the fact that it is not online multi-player means I probs wont be picking this up. I was def going to buy this game too. Shame :(

+ Berae on March 12th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

thanks for the infos
ill try the demo first and see how it is

+ tWeek651 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

HEY, my PS3 finally went!!!! u guys gonna fix this danm problem!!?? every 2 N A HALF YEARS the system finally gives, come on now, get with it or ill switch systems!! PLEASE REPLY.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on March 12th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

Will this game have the kung-fu song? If not epic failure :(.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Don\’t worry, it definitely has the song.

+ odd69 on March 12th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

thanks for the info josh. i will buy this day one even without a demo or multiplayer.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Thanks for the support!

+ DaxMontana on March 12th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Josh:

While your “I’m not a robot” argument might convince your fellow machines, it doesn’t convince us flesh-and-blood types.

Admit it: you’re just pale ugly skin over circuitry and wires.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Damn! You got me and figured out my ruse.

+ crazypeng1 on March 12th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Josh, i understand that you want to answer everyone’s questions, but if people aren’t willing to go up and down a page for the answer and wait for you to reply, they probably aren’t worth a reply. sorry that so many of the blog readers are too lazy to find info themselves, but thanks for being a good guy and answering anyway.

now a question I’m pretty sure has not been asked yet, and i apologize if I’m to stupid to have skipped it, but is there any plan on dlc for this game?

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

There could be, it is in discussions right now.

+ tirminyl on March 12th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

This looks awesome! Another must have on PSN, my wallet hates you all.

+ Angdogg on March 12th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Nice Job.
This game looks excellent, and when it comes out, I will definately get it. No questions asked, although I have one question.

Do you have a possible estimate on a price for this game, It looks $20.00 worthy to me.

Thanks.

+ crazypeng1 on March 12th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

@Angdogg, its 9.99, as said on page 1 and page 2

+ syk1288 on March 12th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

@ Josh, Can you include a patch that would let this game have online multiplayer in the future?
(Josh Miller replied on March 12, 2009 at 3:33 pm
There could be, it is in discussions right now.)

Yes, imply that in that discussion please.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

It doesn\’t look like it will be possible to patch in online multiplayer at any point.

+ syk1288 on March 12th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Also I know your starting off how Smash Bro’s started without online and stuff but you really need online at some point. It’s the only way you would make this game more popular. Even though I will be getting this on day one, I don’t want to be playing with just my local friends. I want to be able to play against people who maybe too much a challenge for me and also every developer should consider their games GameBattles ready.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 12th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

As I said in a previous post, unfortunately it is not going to be technically possible due to the physics engine.

+ RickedyCricket on March 12th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

how can online not be possible?! This is the PS3 mang.. anyway im getting this when it comes out

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 12th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

This is going to be a hard sell without CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS and ONLINE PLAY….

+ Sla-Mori on March 12th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

Awesome game by the looks of it, but I will sadly not buy it since I know I will abandon it Auickly since you cannot play online… games like this should have a online mode, end of story. And with all due respect I dont believe that this games engine is more difficult then LBP or Killzone 2, so hearing that excuse is just a little weird. The developers should have found a solution to bring it online cause now every review site and every gamer will be disapointed with the offline multiplayer only

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 13th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

Initially we looked at including online play, but as development progressed, we felt that resources would be better spent on ensuring that the offline user experience was outstanding, taking full advantage of the four player mode. This is something we feel we have achieved and therefore, there are currently no plans to include online play in Rag Doll Kung Fu.

+ Midgetguy on March 12th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

AWESOME!!!! This game looks cool! No doubt it will be tons of fun for when I have friends over!

Can’t wait!

+ JODOROWSKY on March 12th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Yeah you guys should release the game later but have online multi player.ask sony for help if you guys cant do it. Seems like this game could be the smash brothers for ps3 and just because it doesnt have online multi player no one will ever play it.

+ REA24409 on March 12th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

This game does not look like LBP at all, it’s Fighting Dolls for christ sakes not sack people. By the way this game looks great, would be a good game to play with your friends. And can people stop asking the same freaking questions?! It’s getting annoying, read the replies. It’s 9.99, no online, and the developers were Tarsier Studios, that should answer all of those same questions everyone is asking. I swear people these days are quite lazy.

+ xxpathfinderxx on March 12th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

Quick question: What about the filesize?

+ KidCommando on March 12th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

looks great, but no online play kills it. That should have been priority from the begining of the project.

your selling a four player fighting game over an online network in 2009 without online play. um….hello?

+ big-gunns on March 12th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

Funny looking game. The 4 local player feature does sound like fun. Hmmm? I’ll have to try it out before I buy. A demo perhaps?

+ Jam51182 on March 12th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

Are you sure your name is Josh Miller? Because MY name is Josh Miller! At first, I thought I posted this message and then I remembered that, alas, I did not create a cool game :(

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on March 13th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

Your parents named you well. :)

+ TheHater2 on March 12th, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

I was really hype for this game until I just read that it doesn’t have online vs mode :(
I don’t have anyone to play with, so I usually play with my friends online (yes real life friends that also have ps3, we just live far apart to travel to each other homes to play games). I would really like to support you guys, but I am not going to buy a game that is meant to be played with friends. Hopefully you guys next game would have online or would just be a single player game. I would gladly but it if I find it interesting.
For a game of this type, online should be one of the key features you guys should have focus on and implemented.

+ Codey5 on March 12th, 2009 at 11:41 pm said:

Will this game include cut-scenes where Mark dress up in a bald-cap and run around? :D

+ lonewolf1994 on March 13th, 2009 at 3:04 am said:

ohh no online?? why???????????????? :(

+ jazzyrider on March 13th, 2009 at 4:07 am said:

Can’t wait to try this out!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 13th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

NO ONLINE..NO BUY..SORRY..ID RATHER PLAY STREETFIGHTER 4 ONLINE!!..CANT CREATE MY OWN WACKY CHARACTER BUT IM FINE WITH THAT AS LONG AS I GOT RYU AND AKUMA IM KICKIN CULO! Not having online play is pretty disappointing.. yet most people i play online have horrible internet service…so i guess it might be pretty fun with 4 players on my 52″ sony bravia..;Pand for 9buks..it sounds like a bargain.

+ Vaga on March 13th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

no mp in 2009 is quite dissapointing especially for this game since it craves for online madness.

+ mckg123456789 on March 13th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

looks cool i might get it i like kun fu lol but i really hope that u guys consider putting in online multiplayer, rember if im in the house by my self and have no one to play with (rarely happens) online is wat gets me to play a game

+ SQWest on March 14th, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

It will be available in Latin America?
Why not 7 or 6 players instead of 4? It will be an offline (wild kung fu + fisher price Mix ) party game after all.
By the way, nice game.

+ nbnt on March 14th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

1- I don’t have brothers

2- I don’t know anyone like video games

3- I was freaking waiting for this game to play it online

please Josh try harder :(

please patch it even after years :( I will still be waiting.

+ Toepfer on March 14th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Are you from the original team that developed RDKF? I loved playing that on my PC. I wish updates still existed for it. I’ll definitly get this when it comes out on the PS3. Can’t wait. Keep up the good work

+ KnaveX on March 14th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

How many times must the man repeat that online is not possible due to the physics engine. Im sure theyd much rather not even get into online than do it and then have to hear you guys whine about how laggy it is and how off the collision detection is.

+ nbnt on March 14th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

^

Even with lagg .. I will like it .. Something with lagg is better than nothing.

+ KnaveX on March 14th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

lol okay. But not everyone would be cool with that. You know how eager a lot of people are to hate on sony.

+ eLmokKi on March 15th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

No online = Not buying.. I lost all interest fighting against brainless computer opponents (a.k.a bots) many many years ago.
I was waiting so excited for this release but bah… Guess I gotta stick with the Street fighter IV.

+ Miles514 on March 15th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

Good price for all this content. I might buy it.

+ PapaCheech on March 15th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

people need to shut up.
all the people who are commenting on here are just loners in their moms basement who have no friends to play with, so they want to play with randos on line. Get a life people, get some friends to comme over and play it with you.

+ spyder1455 on March 15th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

I can’t believe how INCREDIBLY HARD it is to purchase the “Call of Duty Modern Warfare extended Map Pack” Why is that????
“Call of Duty Modern Warfare extended Map Pack” is being offered for half off through March but when I go to the Playstation store they want to charge me the full price of $9.95 !
Can someone please email me or
call me [DELETED] so I can get the info I need.

+ PsychoSoldeir on March 16th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

DIDNT THE CREATOR OF LITTLE BIG PLANET MAKE THIS GAME AND ISNT THE CREATOR OF LITTLE BIG PLANET GAY

+ Angdogg on March 16th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Oh Sorry about that.

i just saw that Price.

Nice! Looking foreward to the release!

=P

+ YungShep on March 16th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

I’m just amazed at the exclusive games that continue to create different trends and styles in video game industry, i applaud you sir!. I was extremely stoked at e3 with the footage there, but I’m more excited that it’s 3 weeks away. By the way(YungShep’s B-DAY IS 3/18!!!) Mr. Miller, can i get a birthday shout?

PS3 FOREVER,( WELL AT LEAST THROUGH THE 10 YR CYCLE…THEN ITS PS4!!!!)

PLAYSTATION FOREVER!!!..I SHOULD OF DONE THIS ONE INSTEAD OF PS3 FOREVER..

+ Cheeseburger on March 18th, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

I was so ready to buy this game and tell a bunch of my online friends to buy it too… and then I found out there is no online multiplayer. Sorry but you unfortunately lost 4 or 5 sales because of that. Game looked amazing but I can’t justify buying a game that I can only play if friends come over, and never be able to play with friends I only know online. I would have payed $20 for it to have online. Will definitely look into buying it later if online is ever added down the line.

+ NonixDark on March 19th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

I’ll be sure to get this one! This looks like it could be the most awesome pick-up ‘n’ play fighting-game ever!

+ Mikoid1 on March 23rd, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

Can’t wait. I LOVE physics based games, and ragdolls kicking each others’ asses is just what I need.

+ Skorchy on March 31st, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

so each character can pull off the same moves?

+ Roracon on April 9th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

hey rory here just wondering it’s april 9th and no ragdoll kungfu whats going on?

PAGE 1 2 3