PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Watch the new inFamous trailer now!

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Mar 12, 2009 // Sucker Punch Productions

I think the people around the office are starting to worry about me…

That’s okay, it’s good for them to think the producer is a little nuts I think… In a sort of twisted way I really enjoy the final crunch of game production. We are working a ton, and of course miss our families and lives, but to me it feels like the best part of the project, and I don’t think I’m alone in that sense… What can I say? We’re workin’ hard and it really shows in the game. The detail work, the polish, the bug fixing — it all has a massive effect on the end experience… But while we’re feeling good, we’re also a long way from that release disc… Gotta keep grinding….

So okay, enough babble… You’re here to see a new inFamous trailer, not listen to me gaze at my navel, so let’s get on with it, and I’ll give you some thoughts and tidbits….

The FX and details on the powers are a continued source of work and polish, and if you look closely at the piece, you’ll see Cole deployed his Polarity Wall shield, something we’ve not shown before… Yet another power for his arsenal!

Probably time for me to get back to the electron mine… Status meeting in 12 minutes and I’m behind on all the stuff I was supposed to be doing instead of writing blog posts :-D. Talk to you more when we get close to the end…

-Brian

+ xaos on March 12th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Wow, that’s service. Thanks Jeff; did you just have to get the Sucker Punchers on the line and ask em for the song?

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 12th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

It was an email, but that\’s more or less how it worked, LOL.

+ Axecution on March 12th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

That was – By far – the best trailer i have EVER seen for ANY game. Honestly. I wasn’t really all that excited for InFamous (I was still gonna get it first day since i know it’ll be amazing), but now that ive seen this trailer that has certainly changed.

…God, that was so bad@ss. xD

*Watches again*

+ EspadaKiller on March 12th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Omg that trailer is awesome, day 1 purchase for sure! ^_^

+ emiru69 on March 12th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Looks really amazing! I will buy it the first day. Also, any news about an special edition or pre-order extras?
Thanks and best luck for this and the next projects!

+ waffman11 on March 12th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

That is the sickest trailer that I’ve ever seen, and the music blends perfectly. Make the game as awesome as this trailer, and you’ve got another paying customer.

+ DropD on March 12th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

keep the slo-mo in the game, please.
That was the best trailer i’ve ever seen/heard,
great job, day 1.

+ DropD on March 12th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

*edit please add HD version to PSN if not already there, :-)

+ CrystalX3D on March 12th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

Is the bullet-time footage just something done for the trailer or is it an actual feature of the gameplay? Personally, from the other videos I’ve seen of inFamous, it seemed like everything moved a little too fast for my tastes.

+ kdiep on March 12th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

wow AMAZING trailer. That should be your commercial right there. That was really cool and totally got me pumped.

Either that one or the first trailer (E3 07?). This one kinda made you more pumped up but the other one told you a bit more about what it was. I would probably go with this one as it’s just more cool looking and will make the kids go crazy and jump at their parents for money right away. Seriously, use this as your commercial and it’s a win. Do it for 3-4 weeks straight and you got it going strong (starting a week before launch).

And put this on the PSN Store please, I want this baby on my (ehm… brother’s) 40″ tv.

+ jadjohnny on March 12th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I have to said…

That was so badass XD

+ Jim777 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

The infamous crunch time!! I love this time mostly because im on the outside looking in ;)

+ W0lf_MAN21 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

I can honestly say one of the best, and well put together trailer i have seen in a while. Seriously, just shorten it up for a TV spot and its GOLD! This trailer helped me make up my mind on buying it day one!

great job Sony and Sucker Punch!

+ kdiep on March 12th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Oh and on a sidenote: I’m skipping RE5 for this game, holy crap!

+ Dragonzblaze on March 12th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

awesome trailer this game keeps looking better amazing june cant come soon enough

+ Audioboxer on March 12th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Awesome, looks great :D

Jeff, is this game going to be at DGC? Hope it is!

+ Audioboxer on March 12th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

LOL, meant GDC.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on March 12th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Wow. That was a really great trailer. It was really well done. Keep up the good work promoting Infamous, Sucker Punch!

+ JoE5005 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Thanks for the song info Jeff. Cant seem to find this song anywhere. Zune Marketplace has it listed, but not available for purchase. Anyone who finds a link to download it (free or not), post it here.

+ amilimos on March 12th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

AMAZING VIDEO!!!!!!!!
Loved the slow motion, the graphics, the particle effects, the electricity!!!! Did i say i loved the video????? Hell yeah.

This is the song btw guys

If These Trees Could Talk – Malabar Front

Sweet, will buy this game if the storyline is sweet

+ MaceWisdom on March 12th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Love the track and beautiful slow motion scenes!

+ JoE5005 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

Ok, I found a torrent with the song, but I would really like to purchase this. I like to support indie bands trying to make their way up.

+ amilimos on March 12th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

This is the best video game trailer i’ve seen since DMC4′s trailer.

Simply Magnificent Sucker Punch.

+ Lirion on March 12th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

My most wanted game this year!

+ susuFOX on March 12th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

AWESOME!!! just beautiful can’t wait to get this game (already preorder)

+ The_Punisher111 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Trailer wants me to get the Game. I LOVED the trailer. Its so cool with all the ZAP and PEW PEW everywhere…. Did say i loved the the trailer? Well, i do.

+ KinjiroSSD on March 12th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

That’s how you make a trailer!

Why are people complaining about the game not having online. Unless a game’s online can pull people away from games like Gears, Halo, Resistance and Killzone, why waste the resources instead of using those resources to make a better single player experience?

+ jBat17 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

cool

+ iExile on March 12th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Coolest trailer I’ve seen this year. Nice music, great video editing, it’s got it all. Didn’t think I’d be able get anymore hyped about this one but wow, nice job Sucker Punch. I want to bury my children in your studios (I don’t have any kids but if I did I’d bury them there).

+ nas2344 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

yup the game is looking very awesome! great work guys!

+ UNCLEBEATDOWN on March 12th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Sweetness! This just shot to the top of my action adventure want list! Prototype who?

+ ctguzman on March 12th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

does anyone know what the song is?

+ Trystano on March 12th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

top class trailer!

I was also not looking forward to this game but the trailers are making me change my mind :)

+ jimmyhoffa82 on March 12th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

gonna buy this day one, looks awesome, my cup of electric filled tea :)

+ Audioboxer on March 12th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

For people wanting to hear the full song played in the video

+ MrBeatdown on March 12th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Wow, this game just shot up to a day 1 purchase. Please have this up on the PS Store tonight so I can watch it over and over.

BTW, am I the only one that gets an error after posting when using the PS3 browser?

+ hife on March 12th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Geez, this game’s graphics just keep getting better. I don’t blame you for the excitement Brian. I am itching with excitement myself.

Also, do I spy Cole getting infected with something? Perhaps this has to do with the morality choices?

+ DustyBlue on March 12th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

That trailer was totally bad ass. I can’t wait for this game! This game will be freaking great.

+ MadeInScotland on March 12th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

This just got me REALLY excited for this. Few questions:
1. Will this go onto the PS Store (oh pretty please!!!!)
2. What part of June will this come out in?

+ Caemgen on March 12th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

I’m confused.
Has there been talk about co-op gameplay, or online multiplayer? Can’t recall.

Would be awesome though.

Great trailer, btw! Nice music, nice editing. Pretty powerful stuff right there. You guys should hold on to this concept and redo it with the latest in-game footage, make it a bit shorter and use it as THE tv-commercial.

[You really, really should.]

+ HunkaChunka on March 12th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this!! Please give us a demo! ASAP! =D

+ Mastroall on March 12th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Wow, great use of slow-mo. Loved the trailer, I loved the song, and I loved the game play. Cant wait for it.

+ Caemgen on March 12th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

I just watched the trailer for the second time. I KNEW it reminded me of something. The editing-style, I mean.

I just found out what it was:

The ’300′ movietrailer/fighting scenes!

+ MaceWisdom on March 12th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

After a second view, I could feel the photons around me.

+ tha_con on March 12th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Awesome stuff! I wasn’t particularly interested in this game for quite some time, but the last trailer, and most certainly this one, have put me over the edge!

+ meatwadsicle on March 12th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

HOW BA
before this game looked pretty lame
BUT HOLY DAMN THATS AWSOME

+ ThaddeusK on March 12th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

I think I’ll be getting this game. And I’ll definitely be getting If These Trees Could Talk’s CD, and the new one that’s coming out soon :).

+ Berae on March 12th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

It looks awesome!
Ill go pre order this game tomorrow when ill go get resident evil

Will this video be available in today store update?

+ brando111 on March 12th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

This game is looking fantastic! I hope the song from this trailer isn’t indicative of the game’s soundtrack. If so, I hope you can off the music like most games. Such creativity ruined by atonal noise.

Keep up the great work SP!

+ Nynja on March 12th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

WOW. Just WOW. Very well done video. Excellently thought up and put together very professionally. Timing is almost perfect. WOW.

Give credit where it’s due, who worked on the video?

+ Micho_86 on March 12th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Say, the ps store has not updated here in Canada yet….. As far as I know….
I want to play Red Baron Arcade!…..
Oh and inFamous looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!….