God of War

Mar 13

Mar 13

Sack It to Me: “Back into the DLC Swing” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings LBP friends. If you have been keeping up with the internets or our Blog you should know that SackBoy has been seen puttering around all over these days. Whether he’s in England winning awards for Media Molecule at the BAFTA or swinging clubs in other games, you’ll never know when you are going to see him next. Now we know its been all quiet on the DLC front lately, but since all good things come to those who wait, here are the details on where SackBoy is going to be next!

He’s at Kohls!

LBP Kohl's shirt

If you checked out last week’s post, you saw the black LBP shirt that is now sold out at Hot Topic except for the larger sizes. But fear not, as they re-stock there is another shirt available at your local Kohl’s if you want something on the lighter side. Hopefully more LBP gear to come!

On March 17th he visits IRELAND!

LittleBigPlanet Add-On St Patty's Day Costume

St. Patrick’s Day costume: FREE (available for one week only) If you want to avoid the “pinch” and get luck on you side, be sure to visit the store between March 17th to the 24th so you can celebrate St. Patty’s day LBP style.

On March 19th he invades HELGHAN!

LittleBigPlanet -Add-On Killzone Minipack banner

Killzone Mini-pack: $2.99
The ISA isn’t the only one invading Helghan! With both Sev and Helghast costumes along with 32 KZ-themed stickers this mini-pack brings the fight against the Helghast to LittleBigPlanet.

On March 26 he hits BUZZ!

LittleBigPlanet - Buzz Render

Buzz! Mini-Pack: $1.99
SackBoy is about the get Buzzed! as he sports the costume of PlayStation’s most famous game show host and we get cool stickers to Buzz-ify our levels.
Take that Trebeck!

On April 2, he marches on to PATAPON!

LittleBigPlanet - Patapon Axe Front

Patapon Costume: $1.99
As mentioned on the Pata-Post a few weeks ago, Pata-Fans can celebrate the approach of Patapon 2 (Patapon 2 tag) with this costume including a selection of weapon options.

On April 9, he returns to HEAVENLY SWORD!

LittleBigPlanet - Heavenly Sword Render

Heavenly Sword Mini-pack: $2.99
If you didn’t get Nariko the first time, now is your chance and Kai is coming along with her, not to mention 27 Heavenly Sword themed stickers too.

On April 16, SackBoy goes to CHINA

LittleBigPlanet - Monkeyking

Monkey King Costume: FREE (available permanently) This costume based on the Monkey King story is a winning design from our LBP community in Asia. Now we can all be winners with a free new costume!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

SpyDudeFX said:

March 14th, 3:30 am

Oooh more costumes, how exciting – not! lol The team has taken so many breaks this year, you would think a new level pack was forthcoming in the next few weeks. Yes I know MM has promised more of that in 2009 but so far no word and nothing to look forward to other than more promises of things to come.

SpyDudeFX said:

March 14th, 3:31 am

Breaks, as in weeks are skipped without new DLC.

We seriously need an edit function here.

Carl-G said:

March 14th, 5:03 am

I want a ‘LBP/KillZone 2 Level Pack’ like the LBP/MGS4 one :P That would be COOOOOOOL ;)

inveigle said:

March 14th, 8:38 am

I like free stuff!

DynastesC said:

March 14th, 9:17 am

Finally killzone 2.

Azira013 said:

March 14th, 10:21 am

So where are the Warhawk DLC? Eucadian and Chernovan costumes?

Ouren said:

March 14th, 12:08 pm

Nice. Going to Kohls when I get a chance ^^

Whahoppen said:

March 14th, 12:53 pm

I’m looking forward to these. :)

sunshine9323 said:

March 14th, 1:58 pm

I love LittleBigPlanet, however, I think that you should release the costumes of these content packs for free. I don’t want to pay more than dollar for a good costume. :^)

caveman_1000 said:

March 14th, 3:17 pm

awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavenly_king said:

March 14th, 6:59 pm

DEAR SONY, CAN YOU MAKE A KZ2 PACK LIKE THE ONE OF MGS4?? IF YES IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

Heavenly_king said:

March 14th, 7:01 pm

@111 (me lol) And I would gladly pay for it :D

jorge3433 said:

March 14th, 9:30 pm

I’m def getting the patapon costume.

Spyroluver88 said:

March 14th, 11:49 pm

Hi Mark,
I was wondering why you posted a link to Kohl’s if they don’t even have the shirt on there. I actually searched through 172 fricken pages of tshirts only to find that out.
Also I was wondering if anyone is going to make a GIRLS tshirt. I loathe wearing Men’s shirts. I know girls are the minority in the gaming world but we are still here and it would be nice if we could get shirts too.

Onna76_NL said:

March 15th, 3:04 am

HONESTLY! Where the heck are those promised levels like with the MGS4 pack? That’s the only thing I’ve bought and the only thing you’ll ever get money from out of my pockets. I’ve finished the game including the MGS4 pack, you honestly don’t expect from me to buy silly costums only to fill your pockets? Neither do I!

mrdiamond666 said:

March 15th, 5:49 am

So when are we going to see some HOME LBP PARTNERSHIP? I know MM could do some amazing things to jump into the HOME GAME!!! I would love to see some HOME LBP AVATARS running around. And since RE5 is out will we see some DEAD UNDEAD LBP costumes and some graveyard type of stickers, and level pieces? I would love some MORE EVIL added to LBP, Come on, evil isn’t ment for just HALLOWEEN, BRING ON THE DEAD SACKBOYS AND SACKGIRLS, I WANNA EAT BRAINS!!!

glody said:

March 15th, 11:53 am

I really think you guys would sell a TON more of these LBP costumes if they were priced at a significantly more competitive rate…of if they were downloaded for free. Sure alot of work went into modeling each of these characters…but what happens 10 years from now when everything we purchased for this game remains irrelevant? Its a waste of money and im realizing it now.

CPhotographer said:

March 15th, 12:49 pm

I tried to find it at Kohls, and no Jones. So I poked around online, and there are a few “Create-your-own” clothing/apparel websites out there with some pretty nice user-created shirts on them.

bulimicitsgreat said:

March 15th, 6:46 pm

I am really loving all the stuff you guys are making. I hope you guys just surprise us with resident evil costumes or level pack.

That would just be great.

rAdIOhEad73 said:

March 16th, 6:45 am

We need MM’s created levels, don’t get me wrong I love some of the community created stuff but I will buy more level packs like he metal gear one…

over_9000 said:

March 16th, 5:43 pm

i’m not really liking how MM is grouping stickers with costumes to sell more costumes…

More level packs are in order

keep up the good work ^-^

Schnacky said:

March 17th, 10:35 am

none of these cloths are at my local Kohls.

Szarky said:

March 17th, 12:56 pm

Online is still broken. What a joke. I tried playing last night after doing the update and when you join someones game in story mode it goes all weird fast-forward and then after a while it lets you join in. Online has been broken since launch. Man do I love this game though.

AZ929 said:

March 18th, 3:52 pm

that monkey king costume looks sick!!! does anyone know if in the heavenly sword pack if u can actually hold the sword?

Buff_Hamster said:

March 19th, 1:36 pm

In case you don’t plan on doing so, can you please post the High-Resolution images of the Helghast and Sev costumes that show off the front and side of the costumes. The ones posted a few weeks ago were just the in-game models, and don’t look good as the High-resolution images that show off the front and side of the costumes (like the Kai and Buzz images just posted on the LBP DLC Flickr page). Just to compare:

The High-Resolution model of Kai:

The in-game model of Kai:

I think the Killzone costumes are some of the best looking LBP DLC costumes so far, and it would be very disappointing if these two were some of the few costumes that didn’t have their high-resolution images posted (most of the other costumes do).

Wafi24 said:

March 19th, 10:11 pm

Cant wait to buy kz2 pack tommorrow

BPink said:

March 20th, 12:14 am

Will we see an update to LBP to allow more saved costumes? With the addition of the two new costumes today, I’m at the limit. LBP tells me I can save no more. So, I’ve started deleting costumes that have a single object to make them a costume. I think that as we get more content we might need an update that allows us to save more. Just as suggestion. Thanks.

JesterBrain said:

March 22nd, 1:34 pm

Can i download the “St. Patrick‚Äôs Day costume” in germany? It is not listed in the PS Store or the ingame DLC area.

Mikoid1 said:

March 23rd, 7:58 pm

COOL! Can’t wait for the monkey! He looks pretty cool.

csquared13 said:

April 9th, 10:34 am

i think that these costumes should be free because it just another way for them to get money away from us the gamers

PAGE 1 2 3