PS4-Watch_Dogs

Free Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack Lands Tomorrow

Steve Polge's Avatar + Posted by Steve Polge on Mar 18, 2009 // Lead Designer, Unreal Tournament 3, Epic Games

“Greedings,” everyone. As you may have heard, the new Titan Pack expansion for Unreal Tournament 3 will be available on the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow, and it’s completely free.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack icon

The Titan Pack’s downloadable content includes the gametypes Greed and Betrayal, the namesake Titan mutator, 19 maps, the Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon weapons, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Slow Field power-up, and characters Kana and Nova.

Speaking of Greed, our guys are having a blast with this addictive new gametype. Greed is a fast-paced, “tug of war” style mode in which you swipe the skulls of fallen players and unload them at the enemy base to score points. Silver skulls are worth a point, gold skulls represent five points, and red skulls are 20 points.

It’s common to see players fighting over huge hoards of skulls as the clock winds down. Each team always tries desperately to stop the other from scoring while, at the same time, fighting to survive en route to the enemy base with their own stockpile. It’s a complete frenzy, but no lead is insurmountable, and there is always hope for a comeback at the last second.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack screenhot

For an interesting twist, you can play Greed with the Titan mutator activated. In this scenario, the goals are the same except you can transform into a 15-foot Titan, which is handy for sowing mass destruction on opponents while protecting skull-toting teammates. To trigger the metamorphosis, simply fill your meter by killing enemies, capturing flags or nodes, and completing other game objectives.

UT3 players can already enjoy the title update portion of the Titan Pack for PS3, which incorporates a long list of enhancements, including split-screen support, an integrated mod browser, 57 Trophies, major visual and menu flow upgrades, significant A.I. improvements, overhauled networking performance, and better mod support.

Happy hunting!

179 Comments

+ Protopet on March 18th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

@44
Update 2.00 is already out which includes 2 player split-screen, trophies and more(last paragraph in blog post).

+ Protopet on March 18th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Guys, Gears won’t come on Playstation because MS owns the IP.

+ MaceWisdom on March 18th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Thanks! UT3 kept me busy till KZ2 released and I will continue to play it off and on between the two.

+ poisonedsodapop on March 18th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

@18 I play MGO. Wanna laugh to my face? Hmmm?

My friend has always spoke highly of UT3 but I never got to into it. If only he didn’t have an xbox I might have bough this to play with him.

+ Jango_Wolf on March 18th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

I’m kind of more shocked that I got UT3 for a low 16$ not used and it just seems to pay it self off.
THanks for the free updates!

+ DonnyG on March 18th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

good stuff

+ mikehc69 on March 18th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

@54 Yes. I want to laugh to your face. Hmmmm.

+ mywhitenoise on March 18th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

I think it’s great (and kind of funny) that despite your game being pretty much dead, you’re still giving it the support it deserves. A few developers could learn a thing from you (Konami, Insomniac…Ratchet and Resistance trophies, Ninja Theory, Namco, Sega, Clap Hanz).

+ mikehc69 on March 18th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

Capcom specifically could learn a thing or two from developers like you and Criterion.

+ TheHater2 on March 18th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

@59 mikehc69
Soon Capcom will just sell their games for $60 and all you get is the 5GB install. If you want to play the single player, you will have to pay $5 for the code to unlock it and $5 each for every other option that you normally get with a game.

+ ClinToN on March 18th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Gotta give it up to Epic for still supporting UT3. As a long time fan of the series I decided to try my hand at getting the PS3 version and I can’t say I regret it. Thanks for the support!

+ Sylpharion on March 18th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

This is what you call good support.
19 maps, 2 new game modes, trophies, split-screen and mod browser. And all for free.
I was gutted when I heard it missed it’s original 5th March release date but it’s so close now I can taste it. Thanks Epic, you guys rule! More dev’s should be like you.

+ VYPUR1 on March 18th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Dang I may have to go get that. How many modes are out for that game? I’m new to the PS3 party even thou I have had one for about a year I have been on my 360 but KZ2 has made me finally see the light.

+ lightweaponx on March 18th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

I have to say it’s lame as hell that trophy support is disabled for mods. Yeah somebody could make a map that makes it easy to get trophies but that doesn’t mean you should completely disable it.

+ mikehc69 on March 18th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

Either way you look at it there is a growing trend here with Western devs leaning toward more free DLC while Japanese devs nickel and dime their customers left and right for things that should be in the game from the beginning.

+ FreQaZoiD on March 18th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

SWEEET! I will be playing this game again…

+ NEJI64 on March 18th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

@58 i was just on Ninja Theory Forms they wont touch Heavenly Sward its not there IP it belongs to Sony.

+ Tailsnakes on March 18th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Developers like you guys and Criterion are the reason I skipped out on buying RE5 and SFIV, Capcom could learn a thing or two about what DLC should be.

Can’t wait to jump online and try this on the PS3, Greed on the PC is awesome.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on March 18th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

Loving the patch, can’t wait for the pack!

One thing though… everytime I play UT3 it signs me off of PSN, it is pretty annoying! (Can’t play online) :(

+ INTVGene on March 18th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Thanks Epic!

+ somethingatt on March 18th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Thank you EPIC, you love us PS3 folk after all! :p

(Btw I bought a 1st hand copy of the game at launch so you had my support for a long time!)

+ The_Punisher111 on March 18th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

O-M-F-G
Dude, Wait what?
An UT3 EPiC Pack?
Dude…..
UT3 + DLC = UTERLLY OMEGA EPiC PWNAGE WIN!!!
One of these days…. ill get UT3

+ Elsa on March 18th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Awesome update and it’s soooo nice to see this game get splitscreen support!

… can’t believe the update is free! Thanks EPIC!!!

+ lebron_accel on March 18th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

I hve this gme! and its Awesome though nobody plas it online so im stock playing One player! good job for the Ps3 support Epic games(that sounds so awkward lol)
maybee bring Gears of War on the Ps3 lol!

+ Brosive on March 18th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

As an old-school UT player, I thank you for your support. Great to see you the PS3 version getting hooked up too. But if you want to see this game fly off the shelves, put in a GeoW-type mode (call it ‘Tactical’ or something). Ok I’m off to frag.

+ KentoMaiku on March 18th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

i have been waiting for this map pack for a few weeks now. thanks for the huge update epic, i had hope for splitscreen online as well good job on helping out the ps3 community.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 18th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

Awesome and I might buy UT3 new JUST to show support, just like I’ll probably buy Burnout Paradise, buuuut it’s not that we don’t want your “B” game, it’s just that we’d prefer to get your “A” game, and you know exactly what I’m talking about, give us Gears of War.

+ Psyvariar on March 18th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

Steve Polge is DA MAN! Respect from all old school Quake fans – your Reaperbot is still among the Top 10 best mods of FPS history.

Thanks for your team’s wonderful support of the PS3!

+ Enforcer_X on March 18th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

EPIC is a fitting name because that’s exactly what this update is!

This is on par if not better than the support for Burnout!

Nice work guys, THANK YOU UT3 ROCKS!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 18th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

@52

NO, MS does not own the IP, you can look in the back of the Gears box or you can google “US trademark patent” and click on the 4th link that comes up and search it. The IP belongs to Epic.

+ cooper2667 on March 18th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Finally, something is worth of posting, thanks.

Thanks EPIC GAMES!!!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on March 18th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Awesome update, and free! way to go Epic :D

+ tbone547 on March 18th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Oh yeah split screen :D

Not enough games support that. Killzone 2 kicks ass, but lacking that support really sucks. Is it 2-player or 4-player splitscreen though?

+ lilbuddy on March 18th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

This is what I’ve been waiting for…..thx Epic.

+ Wild_Man_X on March 18th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

Awesome!

+ KanesInferno on March 18th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

When this was announced last month, it caused me to purchase the game. I got it for $20 new at Gamestop. While waiting for this pack, I’ve enjoyed the 2.0 update. This game rocks. And is now my favorite PS3 Shooter.

+ XGmeltdown on March 18th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this thing for months! Can’t Wait

+ Bullet-Clip-Six on March 18th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

The good thing about this is that the game is about 20 bucks now.

+ Zezzler on March 18th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Hey Jeff!
I’m somehow guessing that because of all the stuff comming this thursday (tomorrow), there will be no Bomberman Ultra. am i right, or am i right.

+ gregsawu on March 18th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

im going to get this

+ x3AM on March 18th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

Put Gears 3 on the ps3 please.

And thanks for the free stuff.

+ SWANN on March 18th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

I already downloaed this 2.00 Titan patch for the PS3 a few days go.So it should already be up.

+ JesseHaysFL on March 18th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

serisouly THANK YOU sooo f’ing much, the mod support sold me on this game, i will play it forever. thanks again.

+ cooper2667 on March 18th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

SWANN.- Is not a Titan Patch, Is The Titan PACK, the 2.00 was an update for the game and to prepare the UT3 for the Titan PACK.

BTW.- Why he said that the UT3 have 57 Trophys, when i only see 48. the update only add 48 and not 57 like he said.

Is the Titan Pack going to add the remaining 9?

+ coppi6976 on March 18th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

Sweet!!! Thanks for the support for a old game like this. I really enjoyed the for what it offered. Im very excited for all these added features. TROPHIES!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!

+ starBlinky01 on March 18th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

Wish I didnt sell this game. If you guys announced this stuff earlier I would still own the game.

+ PaulMichael on March 18th, 2009 at 9:08 pm said:

(AWESOME)
19 new maps?
Splitscreen?
Trophies?
new game modes?

FREE?!?

*****faints*****

+ Kei-Ender on March 18th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

whoa…all for FREE?

it’s time to boot up my UT3 again.

thanks EPIC for all the great stuff & Trophies :P

so, any new games for PS3 from EPIC?

+ Swedgen on March 18th, 2009 at 9:31 pm said:

It only has 48 trophies right now. I’m assuming those other ones will come with the titan pack?

+ big-gunns on March 18th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

Yes! Thanks Epic. I am definitely going back to this game.