PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

XI HAS BEGUN!

CydoniaX's Avatar + Posted by CydoniaX on Mar 23, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

The world’s first console-based Alternate Reality Game starts today in PlayStation Home.

Called Xi , the adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home – and beyond – changing day by day, week by week, in real time. Anyone with a PLAYSTATION 3 can join in the fun for free.

To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed….

xi graffiti

+ cyndilou on March 24th, 2009 at 5:52 am said:

Hrm, I tried it last night and ended up with a network error. Now I get the same one every time I try to launch home — Xi space down or is my account hosed somehow?

+ DublR on March 24th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

Idk wats goin on at sony….but i love my ps3….i think some minor things can help them catch up to us gamers…..i wish we had a kinda suggestion box option….so fans of the ps3 can ALWAYS let u guys know wat we want…this is a great site but i need somewhere closer to my ps3

+ wiggin on March 24th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

i don’t understand why home can’t cure my cancer. clearly the devs aren’t working hard enough. which brings up another question: when will home support telepathy? can you guys get on this stuff right away?

+ wiggin on March 24th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

by the way: xi is pretty damn cool!

+ supersickie on March 24th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Can’t wait to check Xi out later today.

What about the ability to play music from our HDD while in our Home space? I wouldn’t complain if you could implement media server’s either. :)

Keep the content coming; I’m really pulling for Home at this point.

+ Onna76_NL on March 24th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Hmm might consider re-downloading Home, other then that I find Home to be totally useless. I find many Home visitors annoying as apparently they’ve never seen female gamers before *sheesh*.

+ Onna76_NL on March 24th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Ow is this US only?

+ pyrodragon5 on March 24th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

i got into the hub and was disconnected within 10 seconnds and am disconnected as soon as it loads when i log back in.

+ yuffiethegreat on March 24th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Wow. Must say that was an awesome and addicting game so far. Kudos to the crew.

+ IZY2091 on March 24th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

This sounds great im logging in to home right now but when do you think we can look forward to getting TV and picture frames for our personal spaces its the one reason i haven’t been using home very much in the past

+ Thunderstorm025 on March 24th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

lol @ #153!

something that would be cool would be a version of Home specially designed for under 16’s

the only possible problem i can think of is that it could attract peodiphiles (or however you spell it)
BUT they could put in a feature which blocks out anything resembling contact details in chat messages and voices (or at least automatically reports it to an admin)

+ Blooaguard on March 24th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

AWESOME

+ n2deepca on March 24th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

when will the new clues be available?

+ gamekoning on March 24th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

okay before it was released i saw it already but server was down lol

+ danny-ryan08 on March 24th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Is there any plans for the future to allow trophy files to be deleted if they have no trophies

Like for example
If I bought Pain, but didn’t enjoy it, then deleted it without gaining any trophies, I then have the Pain trophy file there with a 0% next to it, which isn’t the best thing to have on our stats, I hate 0% people will think that someone is rubbish at a game with it
Can we have something like if the game has no trophies after 3 months since the install then it removes itself with the ability to reinstall it by launching the game. Small feature but I know a lot of people would appreciate it

+ Smokey on March 24th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

@156 – everyone is muted (in public space), so it isnt as bad…phone calls and private space allow audio chat.

+ ThAvI on March 24th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

It’s so annoying because when i go on that computer thing it won’t let me go on anything but i can only go on the video one! It doesn’t let me go on the internet browser, miguel’s blog etc! can some please help me :-(

+ xBishop420x on March 24th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

this is cool
have fun

+ Ramses_13 on March 24th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

@121 your not the only one, I can’t access anything on the”online gateway” except for the stupid video. I tried re-registration, but that didn’t work either

+ Ramses_13 on March 24th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

@167 same problem here, also got stuck on one of the hubs, said trying to reconnect to server or something like that. I’m still looking at info to fix this, cause re-registration didn’t work.

+ rocky73 on March 24th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

NOOOOOOOO! i took CydoniaX response to # 15 to be about all those 3 features……

+ NinjaHunter on March 24th, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

I keep getting a D5021 error…

+ Crazy-Will on March 24th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

th Xi looks awesome but i keep losing server connection in the intro of it, is this normal? or is it just me???

+ austinite04 on March 24th, 2009 at 11:15 pm said:

Forget Xi, I just heard about a FW 2.70 that will enable cross game voice chat and private friends only chat in home. no more having to CALL a friend u can chat with anyone on your buddy list or theirs. Im so glad i didnt get the chat pad, it looks ugly and has no backlight!! for $50 thats a rip off. Xi would be great if they updated it EVERYDAY with new puzzles.. 2.70 will be out before Saturday maybe on thursday with the new store releases.

+ Kalle on March 25th, 2009 at 1:08 am said:

nooooooooooooooo…… whats up sony ????
WE NEED INGAME CROSS CHAT !!!!!!
The most Wanted Feature !!!!
You can not Deny it CydoniaX !!!!!
IT is terrible for me and the most others players ……

+ Hyarume on March 25th, 2009 at 2:00 am said:

I cannot access it, it says something about parental restrictions, this also happens on my mothers account.. any ideas?

+ cowboyd21 on March 25th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

@ 174 if that true then i was right . i kept telling everyone hear that the features they want will work together in home lol i been saying that since october 2008 .

+ Caemgen on March 25th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

Okay guys, this is a BIG let down.
I think we can all asume that cross-game voicechat will NEVER be added to the PS3 firmware after the new comment from CydoniaX.

She or he wouldn’t add this if they were at least trying to get it to work.

I guess the PS3’s memory issues just won’t allow it to be done.

This sucks. :-(

+ steve2k7 on March 25th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

The PS3’s memory capacity is dreadfull, we can’t eve multitask such as listen to music when browsing the Playstation Store or more importantly in-game. Multitasking on the PS3 is extremely limited.

+ wiggin on March 25th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

my ps3 can’t cook eggs and make coffee at the same time, and the fact of the matter is that i really want coffee with my eggs. apparently the ps3 only has enough memory to make eggs, but not coffee. this is truly a disappointment.

+ p123don on March 25th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

“CydoniaX replied on March 24, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Guys, some clarification seems to be needed on my above comment, apologies for being misleading. I was talking about voice chat for Home in general being worked on, not specifically about voice chat across games or voice messaging on the XMB. I can see how my quick answer was taken as a confirmation on all 3 items, but this is not the case.”

Well, so why do you continuing update useless things? Why not focusing on essential features like a cross over voice chat.
No one needs voicechat inside of home, things like this have to be on the bottom list.

Once again, i’m very angry. Please start to fix the ESSESNTIAL ONLINE GAMING FEATURES. That are: Cross Over Voicechat, Own Music, and a full working Ingame XMB.

The Ps3 is a gaming console and should to live up it’s name.

Sony says they have the best gaming console?

PROOF IT!

sorry for my weak english, i’m german….

+ p123don on March 25th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

one thing left…

Whats the problem with the “cross over voice chat?”.

Please give me feedback, and i’ll be quiet.

+ WATISHELOS on March 25th, 2009 at 8:16 am said:

Come on I think it is much more important to have voice chat across games or voice messaging on the XMB than having ANY new or improved HOME feature. My 2 cents as gamer: Stop developing HOME and invest the ressource in pimping the Playstation OS / XMB.

BTW, are there any numbers on how much people (beside the developers) use HOME on a regular basis (e.g. two or three times a week, weekly, monthly, quarterly, never)?

+ p123don on March 25th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Word!

I personally do not use home, i prefer dancing in clubs with real chicks around me.

I think the reason for sony, why they constantly develop home an forget about the rest, is:

Home: earning money

XMB/PS3: spending money

For my opinion, that’s the reason. They dont really care about what gamers want since day one.

Cash rules the world and even sony.

Bummer!

+ XxMayhemxX31 on March 25th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

p123don: hahaha What do you work for microsoft???? Yesterday i [urchased about 3 dollars worth of stuff in home… It’s pretty cheap to buy things their, and there isnt alot to choose from for now. Now imagine 10 million people all purchase 3 dollars worth of stuff from home, each day… thats 30 million. Now, imagine those same 10 million people, all purchasing a game or 2 on playstationstore.. thats wayyy more then 30 million… I suspect you haven’t even been on Home, or the PS3 network, you dont have your facts straight, and don’t even care to try…

+ XxMayhemxX31 on March 25th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

oh,m and judging, that you don’t even have an avatar.. you can easily tell, who doesnt have ps3 network accounts… so log on to the network before running your mouths…

+ XxMayhemxX31 on March 25th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

CrossGame chat/voicechat is something to ask Sony themselves.. not CydoniaX. All CydoniaX meant was voice chat on Home…

+ drew3rdof3 on March 25th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

I gave up trying to get into the Hub and quit because Home keeps losing the network connection during the introduction. It looked like the Hub cleared the room one or two of those times where the intro got as far as panning up to the second floor.

+ fredfrog on March 25th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Wow, Home is really starting to grow! Since I started playing it’s got some great things on it(: Xi is awesome!

+ Sup3rfly-91 on March 25th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

I love home, its fun as hell, its bad enough I stay busy in present reality, but now I can pull my self out of this alternate reality lol

+ nrschaeffer on March 25th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

So does anyone know what Xi means?

+ p123don on March 26th, 2009 at 5:23 am said:

@ XxMayhemxX31

You think you’re funny? Well i don’t.

I’m a PS user since the first model. And i never had oder will have a Microsoft Console.

But facts are facts, and the online features on the Xbox360 are better. That’s how it is, even if you are a Sony fan or not.

+ pudgenet on March 26th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

Xi is kinda cool, but it did not work for me until I disabled the “parental controls” for the web browser.

+ pudgenet on March 26th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

Xi is a Greek letter. Usually it takes the form “ks” in English.

+ Crazy_DJ777 on March 27th, 2009 at 1:22 am said:

Finally a reason to actually come on PS Home maybe next a miracle will happen and they will fix voice chat and add some new arcade games like we’ve all been asking for a year.

+ DigitalDevilSaga on March 27th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

finally something to do in Home Beta besides chattin and playin a UFO game! hunting for things is better then nothin!

+ Lugoves on March 27th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Trying to get peeps together in group on Facebook to compare notes…

+ prinzaznyc21 on March 27th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

kool…it’s like a secret society

+ imex99 on March 28th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

When will voice chat come back to home?

+ Ocfri on March 28th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

i love the HUB! my only problem i have is i cant get in much, as i freeze! Same happens if i do get in!! i was stuk coming out of there for about 45 minutes!!(left, had dinner, came back)!! is there a fix coming as i have others complain bout the same?…any ideas?