PS4-The Order

Noby Noby Boy Multiplayer Teaser

Keita Takahashi's Avatar + Posted by Keita Takahashi on Mar 24, 2009 // Namco Bandai Games

Just wanted to let you know I’m going to talk a lot about Noby Noby Boy during my panel at GDC. I’d like to proclaim with confidence that I’ll be there on the 26th. Please come and enjoy my stories about the game! However, since I have been busy working on the update, I haven’t had the chance to think about what to say. What a dilemma! I’ll be putting my thoughts together during my flight to San Francisco. So, please excuse me for the blog being so short. But for now, please enjoy this teaser video of the multiplayer mode.

Too many boys… uh…gross, aren’t they? Well, this is Takahashi.

77 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ TheTwelve on March 24th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Online multi-player? If so, I will get this.

+ reson8er on March 24th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Offline multi-player, nice! I will try to convince my wife to join me on my boy-stretching quest :)

A quick question: How will the camera work with 2 players? Does each player have control, or is control of the camera only player 1?

Thank you!

+ Ivan_Krazy on March 24th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

Thanks…. But what is the point of the game…? I mean its great but not that great. I still prefer katamari and this game is just a waste… Sorry :(
There is always room for improvement though :D

Cheers,
Ivan

+ Xulap on March 24th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Nice!

I still have to get this game, man.
I’ve been way too busy lately to go and get a PSN card at GameStop.(perhaps I should go now that I have nothing to do!)

Oh, and, good luck at the GDC, Takahashi!

+ Wolverine1977 on March 24th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

Takahashi – You need to put goals or some kind of challenges to make this awesome. Come on. I was madly in love with Katamari but this is boring. Even my 1 years old daughter is bored with it…

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 24th, 2009 at 7:32 am said:

THIS GAME LOOKS RIDICULOUS!I GUESS IM TOO MUCH OF A HARDCORE GAMER..CUZ IF IT HAS NO GUNS IT CANT BE FUN! :P

+ Fallen_Guardian on March 24th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

@comment#1: you should get it ether way, the game is simply weird and addictive at the same time, co-op only adds to the experience.

+ leetfoo on March 24th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Please fix the camera so that it will stay (optionally?) locked on boys head…. having to spend time adjusting the camera everytime boys butt moves is a serious pain.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 24th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

Me and my friend figured out the Best way to describe NOBY NOBY BOY. We think that it is a hungover person’s dream, that they went out and partied all night long and in the morning had this dream that they were NOBY NOBY BOY.

Is that what happened?

LOL, I love this interactive artistic expression of an intrinsic look into the very being and soul of togetherness.

+ Midgetguy on March 24th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Umm… lol That was different then I expected!

I thought that one player would control the head and the other would control the butt, but now there’s TWO different boys?! This will be hectic… but fun nonetheless!

Can’t wait for the update!

+ x13o9x on March 24th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Oh man! I can’t wait for MP

That video scared me the first time through!
lol :D

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 24th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

@#6

Hardcore gamer =/= guns. Where did you get that idea?

+ westendmatt on March 24th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

I can’t wait to get my Noby out in front of someone else!

+ acerazer1 on March 24th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

Hahaha nice. That is what I call a sausage fest

+ jimmy903 on March 24th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Noby is awesome, multiplayer will make it even better.

+ Pound_lb003 on March 24th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

You are a legend…

Gross xD

Glad I purchased this. It’s very inexpensive, and very much better than buying alcohol, and has much the same effect.

+ djtortilla on March 24th, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

i like it

+ blindrocket on March 24th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Excellent! Noby Noby Boy is great. I have 100% of the Trophies and I look forward to this update.

+ righello on March 24th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

cool! thank you!

‘gross’? think you read my mind! lol

best of luck with your GDC panel. i’m sure it will be great.

+ Stu-Pidaso on March 24th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

@ 3 and 8. Are you guys eating the stuff and then giving it to girl to make her grow and stretch? This is kind of a goal so you can reach other planets (levels). It is a massive coop game to begin with.

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Hey great, when is the real, legitimate physical media version coming out?

+ StalkingSilence on March 24th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Local multiplayer? That’s going to require exponentially more acid.

+ funkpower on March 24th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

I love you!

+ Reinheart on March 24th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

… this game is so weird… was playing around when I got it but my wife kept on b….. WTF is the point of the game!? and I really didn’t have a good answer for her… I just kept on saying… I Dunno… which is what this game is… you stretch, eat almost anything and you… shoot them out the ass…

+ isolatebody on March 24th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

So……….could I eat the other boy if he got in may?

+ Lazyxbum on March 24th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

We will get more trophies updates for the online play? will the online upgrade cost anything? or will it be free of charge to upgrade?

+ Onna76_NL on March 24th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

My advice is to add new trophy patches when Girl reaches a new planet. The more people will stick with the game and the sooner Girl reaches a next planet.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 24th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Will this be a free update? Does this have CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS SUPPORT? If so sign me up as another customer!

+ greeble on March 24th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

My 3 year old looooves this game. (His 5 year old sisters like it too.) It will be great when they can all play together.

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

So……disc version?

+ VixDiesel on March 24th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Please put online into this with some sort of goal. The amount of players playing is dropping painfully. Even add goals to single player. It was a nice try but the game needs a point.

And stop hating on Katamari so much. There are tons of us out there that love it and that want more games.

+ lakaiHIGH on March 24th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

its cool that you are giving the fans what they want! if thats not customer service i don’t know what is.

peace
Lh

+ NeCrom-X on March 24th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Stop it gumbydunzeeto this is not the place to complain about this like you always do. Make a forum in the Playstation forums but don’t start spamming this blog (like you do others) with this crap about if a game isn’t physically printed on a disc it not being a legitimate game. You keep putting it multiple times in every post about a PSN title. Attachment to physical objects is so pointless now a days. I guess you don’t use banks where they don’t have actual money in them to cover everyone it’s all electronic transactions no money physically moves. Do you pay for internet It’s the same thing you pay for a service. Next you will complain you can’t hold the internet in your hand.

But anyway great job on this game it is definitely interesting and if some people want to deprive themselves of all the great PSN titles then it’s their loss.

+ Neil on March 24th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Love it.

+ HawaiiD on March 24th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

cool!

+ leetfoo on March 24th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

@20 I was, but I’m so sick of adjusting the camera almost everytime I move that I’ve quit playing the game. My kids love it too, but quickly lose intrest when I have to come adjust the camera for them every 2 minutes so they can tell what’s going on (they are a little too young to understand the unnecessarilly complicated camera controls).

+ TheInfectedBy590 on March 24th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

This is great! I love this game! :D

+ Poopypirate on March 24th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

this is totally terrific

+ RGS-14 on March 24th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

@6

That just stupid.Guns dont make a good game.

+ Zookey on March 24th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

might be fun hehe

+ Jeo on March 24th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Go ahead gumbydunzeeto, protest by refusing to buy their games. The lack of sales they get by you holding out by yourself are nothing compared to the benefits of having small developers able to produce games. But wait, you won’t accept that argument since I can’t get you an exact dollar amount that has been directly confirmed by Sony… so I’ll use this one instead.

+ jadjohnny on March 24th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

o.O That was creepy… but I like the idea of a mulytiplayer.

+ Thrasher20 on March 24th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Hot damn. I think I may pick this up later this week. I’m pretty busy with President Devil 5 and Kalzone 2 still though ;)

+ Zezzler on March 24th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

New Trophies for multi-boy? i hope so!

+ EvoAnubis on March 24th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

“You know, there was a point where I tried to argue with gumbydunzeeto about his stupid concept of disc games being the only legititmate version… now I just laugh.

No one cares about you. We’ll enjoy playing our downloaded games, and you can sit there whining in the corner. Then everyone can be happy.”

Exactamundo.

+ Dehshizknight on March 24th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

I REALLY need to download this… :p

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

@41 – You can sit there and hurl insults from your high horse all you want.

+ Jeo on March 24th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

“This *doesn’t* change the fact that there are *unsatisfied* customers that Sony has an *obligation* to please.”

Actually Sony has no obligation to you at all. They have an obligation to their shareholders, and if a decision will ultimately cost the shareholders more money than it will make, sony has an *obligation* not to make that stupid business decision.

Don’t confuse your demands for something you want with a contractual obligation. No one is required to make you happy. Yeah, you bought a PS3, but can you show me a legally binding document that says Sony must make sure no game is ever released online only.

Until you can show me that, there is no obligation.

+ MadDemonUK on March 24th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

PS3:
- Backwards compatibility entirely through software.
-PS2 games downloadable via the PlayStation Network.
-Internet radio.
-RSS.
-Play animated gif files.
-DivX Certified, will play HD H.264 video (.mkv).
-Release new movies/shows in MKV; include multiple audio and subtitles in different languages.
-Improve Folder Management: instead of having to write the whole name of the folder, it’ll show all folders you’ve already created, at the top there’ll be an option to create a new folder.
-Improve the Internet Browser, make flash work better and load faster.
-Add “PSN Store” to the menu that appears after you press the triangle button on PS3 Games, it will take you to that game’s store page.
-More PS3 titles available as digital downloads.
- Game App: It will be at the top of the Game section, it will work and look like the PSN Store, it will display all the games you have on the right and show the game picture on the Left. You will be able to sort and delete games.

+ MadDemonUK on March 24th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

PSP:
- Friend List & Trophies.
-DivX.
-In-game Music.
-More PSP games to become available as digital downloads.
-More PS1 Games to become available.
-eBook Store and eBook Viewer App.
-Make a better PSP camera and make it available in the US.
-PSP redesign that includes a camera.
-Ban people from PSN who are using custom firmware.
-Remote Play PSP to PS3: connect PSP via USB to the PS3; after you connect you can use the PSP or the PS3 controller, you can also play PSP Games; Ad-hock and online work.

PAGE 1 2