PS4-Watch_Dogs

Noby Noby Boy Multiplayer Teaser

Keita Takahashi's Avatar + Posted by Keita Takahashi on Mar 24, 2009 // Namco Bandai Games

Just wanted to let you know I’m going to talk a lot about Noby Noby Boy during my panel at GDC. I’d like to proclaim with confidence that I’ll be there on the 26th. Please come and enjoy my stories about the game! However, since I have been busy working on the update, I haven’t had the chance to think about what to say. What a dilemma! I’ll be putting my thoughts together during my flight to San Francisco. So, please excuse me for the blog being so short. But for now, please enjoy this teaser video of the multiplayer mode.

Too many boys… uh…gross, aren’t they? Well, this is Takahashi.

77 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ MadDemonUK on March 24th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

PS3 & PSP:
-ATSC digital TV Tuner Add-on for PS3 and PSP.
-Transfer files wirelessly between PSP and PS3.
-Non-Playstation titles available as digital downloads (Playable on both PS3 and PSP).
-Music Store (DRM Free).
-Game Installation: copy PS1, PS2 & PSP games to the hard drive, installed games will require a disc check after a certain amount of time, could be from 24 hours to a week. To Copy PSP games connect it via usb.

+ MadDemonUK on March 24th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

-Game Kiosks: •Will offer various game demos that can be downloaded to the PSP wirelessly.
•Will offer Full PSP games on Memory Sticks. You cannot play the game until you link it to your account, once the game has been activated you’ll be able to play it. The game will show on your “owned digital games” list; you can delete the game and re-download it later. Copying the game to your PC before it has being activated will lock it. You won’t be able to use copied files even if they were activated.
•Will allow people to trade their games (disc version) for the digital version. Your game has to have a Digital Version available or you won’t be able to trade. If the digital version is $30 you have to pay $10 + your game. Most people who own the disc version don’t plan on buying the same game twice, so they won’t be buying the digital version, so by doing this not only are they getting rid of used game sells (GameStop, which gives them no money), but they are also making money off of it.

+ ADR143 on March 24th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

i still dont know how this game works

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

@48 – My spending habits are that obligation.

If they want me to spend my money on their products, it *must* be in a way that is satisfactory to me.

Physical media *is* better and the customer (me) is always right.

+ guitain on March 24th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I can’t wait to eat my friends Boy… =D Or steal his dropped tail!

… I’m itching to know whether the stretch-length will multiply for multiple people, so our goal of Mars is closer.

+ MazzingerZ on March 24th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Awesome! My kids love your game and I do as well!

Thanks for the support and we’re heading to Mars…yohoooo!

+ PullusPardusUS on March 24th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

i spotted three =]
and i got an idea.
Noby Noby Boy In Little big planet!

+ Sekoku on March 24th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

>> GUESS IM TOO MUCH OF A HARDCORE GAMER..CUZ IF IT HAS NO GUNS

…If you were a “hardcore gamer” you’d play any game, guns or not.

Stop labeling yourself something you aren’t. kthxbi.

+ Jeo on March 24th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

@54

Actually you’re still wrong, it’s not an obligation, it’s an oppourtunity. An obligation means they have to do something, or they must do something. Obviously you’re money isn’t worth the cost.

In addition, you’re not a customer, at least not when it comes to this game. You’re a potential customer, and the potential customer is not always right. If sony thought you had even a shred of truth to your arguments, you would see them putting these types of games on disc. Obviously they know something you don’t.

And as for the customer is always right… well there seem to be a lot more customers against you than with you on this issue.

+ ruibing on March 24th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Looking forward to the update. Have a great flight!

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

@59

They have an obligation to satisfy PS3 owners. I am a PS3 owner, and *that* makes me a customer. Therefore, they are obligated to satisfy me. It’s that simple.

At the *very least* there should be both versions – physical and DLC – for those who want it.

It’s not that they know something I don’t. It’s that they are simply misguided and care more about killing the used game market than fulfulling customer demands.

+ nkbswe5 on March 24th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

If they released this on a disc, they wouldn’t make any money due to the disc cost and case and such. I hope if they ever do put things on a disc its more expensive so people like Gumbydunzeeto can just shut up and download a cheap, fun game like everyone else seems to be able to

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 24th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

@62 – Yes everyone who doesn’t agree with the majority should just shut up.

That’s what forums are for.

/sarcasm

+ CerealxKiller13 on March 24th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

i cant wait for this! i thought id never get into this game but its so odd its addicting

+ mckg123456789 on March 24th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

looks like a weird game…. in a good way, CANT WAIT :D

+ ozchap on March 25th, 2009 at 1:07 am said:

haha gumby you really should shut up, you’re embarrassing yourself mate. the only obligation sony has to ps3 owners is to repair your console if it breaks within the first 12 months. thats the only contract you have with them my friend. buy enough shares to become a member of the board if you want your personal opinion to matter, otherwise STFU

+ JCJAR on March 25th, 2009 at 4:26 am said:

Why is everyone saying two? Pause it RIGHT when they come out.

One.. two.. three. Three BOYs! Ah-ah-ah-ah!

@20: No. You’re stretching and reporting the accumulative amount you’ve stretched to GIRL. Eating is pretty much just a function unnecessary to the game, except for a few trophies.

@28: Noby Noby Boy launched with in-game custom soundtracks.

@Gumby:
You’re just one customer. Don’t try and speak as if you’re the majority. As much as I love Noby Noby Boy, it’s not a game suited to disc. It’d be like putting Flock or Fat Princess on a disc, albeit Noby Noby Boy is.. somewhat different than those games. If you don’t have CC, then get a PSN card.

+ cochese22 on March 25th, 2009 at 5:20 am said:

Oh!

I’m looking forward to the new updates, Takahashi. Will we just get the content included in the 3 daydreams or do you have some surprises for us yet?

Also, please do not pay attention to the negative comments and whining that some people leave in the comments section. The folks who leave those are non-contributing zeros who only like to hear themselves whine.

Well, until next time, we’ll see you Keita.

Oh! One more thing!

Good luck with your GDC speech!

+ NeCrom-X on March 25th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Demand there is probably only 1 – 3% of PS3 owners that would want that. That isn’t demand. Demand is what the market as a majority wants. You sound like a fifty year old man not under standing the concept of paying for a service and getting something in return even if it isn’t physical. Disc versions are not better playing nothing but games that play just off the disc killed the Laser in my PS3 in two years and I had to replace it myself. Disc’s get scratched you have to buy a new one lets see you scratch a download and make it unplayable.

Oh and yea damn Sony for making it possible for developers that could of never even gotten anything on the PS2 a chance because they had to be put on disc. I hate how they made it possible for anyone with an idea and linux to program their own games and try to submit them to Sony. (sarcasm if you didn’t notice) lol

+ Michelasso on March 25th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

More I read from Keita and more I read that “he didn’t think”. Yet, in this case. Keita, are you what, a sensitive? Probably a pure creationist! :D

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 25th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

@65 – That’s not the point. The point is I want a *real, physical* game. I will not and cannot accept buying DLC.

@66 – You’re wrong.

+ Onna76_NL on March 25th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

@Gumbydunzeeto STFU!!!

I assume everyone understands what I mean with this. If you don’t want to be a part of modern technology then go play on your last gen consoles and leave this website alone,… p… lease.

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 25th, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

@72

This is a forum for expressing opinions.

If you don’t like what I have to say, you’re equally free to leave.

+ NeCrom-X on March 26th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

This is a place to discus the interview or game they are talking about if you want to [DELETED] about them not putting games on disc go to the actual forums and start a thread this is a blog to ask questions about the games they are discussing.

+ Thrill_Kill on March 27th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

This is a good game, but nowhere near as great as Katamari Damacy games. I still hope they will port over Beautiful Katamari to the PS3. Please Namco, listen to your fans!

Also, fix the camera in Noby Noby Boy, it is so freaking annoying it kills the fun.

Noby could also use a few things like a GOAL in each stage, other than flying up in the air and stretching and reporting. That gets old real fast. We need GOALs in each stage please. And make it some kind of challenge to streth the BOY.

Just my 2 cents.

+ cochese22 on March 28th, 2009 at 8:55 pm said:

Pshoooo. Thrill_Kill, there is a goal! The goal is to stretch GIRL until she reaches all planets in the Solar System or maybe even beyond. Hopefully there will be some way in the future to grow faster.

As far as Katamari goes, Keita said he doesn’t have anything else to express with that concept. However, Namco is releasing a ‘Katamari Tribute’ game on the PS3 if you want your Katamari fix.

+ JOHNANDANETTE on April 15th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

I wish the update would be released already! I’m bored out of my mind switching between earth and the moon. When is she going to get to the new planet? You can only play it for so much until there’s an update. Anyone else feel the same way?

PAGE 1 2