PS4-The Order

Introducing Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Mar 26, 2009 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone,

Greetings from the SCEA Blogger’s Lounge at GDC! Last week, we teased you with our Ratchet & Clank Future Weapons Contest and the new action figures coming from DC Direct. While I’ll talk more about this in a bit, we are very happy at Insomniac to finally announce the name of our next game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Logo

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will conclude the story arc that started in Tools of Destruction and continued in Quest for Booty. There will be plenty to talk about over the next few months as we work towards our fall release, and we can’t wait to share more. But for those of you wanting a first look, tune into Gametrailers TV this week on Spike TV (check your local listings for time) for the world premiere of the teaser trailer.

For those of you who have been e-mailing us with questions about the Weapons Contest and asking when and where you can submit, you’ll be happy to know that submissions are open as of tomorrow! I’m also excited to announce the Grand Prize winner will have their weapon included in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, will be given a life-size replica of the weapon, and will win a trip to San Diego Comic-Con to meet with the dev team and reveal the winning weapon to the public there!

As inspiration for you guys, tune in tomorrow for a little video roundtable talking about some of our favorite weapons stories and experiences over the years of working on Ratchet & Clank weapons.

That’s all for now, make sure you tune into GTTV to check out the teaser trailer!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ twoheadedturtle on March 26th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

This is fantastic. Ratchet and Clank FToD is one of the biggest gems on the ps3. You appeal to both the hardcore gamers such as me, and younger generation as well. As first time players of the Ratchet and Clank series you made a fan out of me and my much younger brother(who ended up convincing my mom to get him a couple Ratchet and Clank games for his ps2). I would also like to mention that the sheer quality and polish of your games are fantastic, Insominiac in my opinion has become synonymous with the word quality. Your hard work does not go by unnoticed and I can tell you now that I will be supporting you guys on day one by buying the next Ratchet and Clank. Keep up the great work you guys!

+ stinkey on March 26th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

I hope you guys at some good online features like Co-op and Competitive play

+ jens_hubby on March 26th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

I couldn’t be more excited if there were 2 of me.

+ krae_man on March 26th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

Hay Insomniac, not to nit pick your plot or anything but the whole “What happened to the lombaxes” plot doesn’t really make any sense unless Going commando isn’t canon.

Way to completely forget about Angela Cross.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on March 26th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

So is this coming on PS2? PSP?

A proper disc disc format at all?

+ TOY_ROBOT on March 26th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the font used for the subtitle? I know I’ve seen it before.

+ alaM0000 on March 26th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

I Can’t Wait to see the new Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time trailer!!! X3

+ Jeigh on March 26th, 2009 at 9:24 pm said:

Y’know, I’m not entirely sure, but I think they’re happy about the news, James. Call me crazy. ;P

+ jimmy903 on March 26th, 2009 at 9:33 pm said:

@ James

Do you all at Insomniac ever take time off?

I mean I’ve seen that you work for one of the best studios there is to work for,yet, still manage to crank out awesome, high quality titles every year.

Resistance 3?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 26th, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

Please, please give us difficulty select when starting a new game! Tools was too easy, and by the time you unlocked Hard you had already upgraded and carried over all your weapons and gear so that Hard wasn’t Hard at all. I loved the difficulty option in Booty. Thanks!

+ BlackIceJoe on March 26th, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

I know this is weird but I still am wondering about it.

A few months back there was a rumor that Insomniac was working on a new R&C game that would not star R&C.

It sounded like in some ways it would be an MMO and take place in the R&C universe and you would be working for Captain Qwark and carry out missions.

The one thing even though it sounded like it was like an MMO it was not and had a big story to it.

That being said cool news on the new R&C game.

+ Elvick_ on March 26th, 2009 at 11:35 pm said:

Tools of Destruction was awesome and so was Quest for Booty. I can’t wait to see what happens next in the story. It’s been driving me insane for a long time. xP

Oh and will this one have online multiplayer? That would be epicness.

+ enewtabie on March 27th, 2009 at 3:44 am said:

@205
Blu-ray,PS3

+ RedHawk27 on March 27th, 2009 at 5:18 am said:

I hope you guys can squeeze in another Insomniac Museum, that thing was so cool in R&C2 and 3

+ BuckGame on March 27th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

WHAT ABOUT ONLINE PLAY

+ Modster79 on March 27th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

woohoo!!

New Ratchet! James you have made my day amigo ;)

good luck and i can’t wait :p

+ WYO1016 on March 27th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

This is awesome! I had never played an R&C game until I won a copy of ToD in a contest. I have to say that I have never had more pure fun playing a game than I did with ToD. Just downloaded Q4B last week with the price break, and I’m having just as much fun with it. First day purchase for me. Insomniac rocks!

+ kostaxtreme on March 27th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

I gotta say I was kinda late hopping on board the R&C bandwagon on the PS2. After seeing my bro play it, I kinda got interested in it. Unfortunately I never ended up playing the titles on the PS2 other than Gladiator.
On the PS3 I played the demo when it came out and from that point on I was hooked. Great visuals, intuitive controls, witty humour, great sound, fun gameplay, the list goes on.
I mean playing the game through nearly 3 times must mean something in it’s own right.
So for the first point of call please pass on commendations to the dev team for the ongoing quality work with the franchise (let’s not forget their other baby Resistance, awesome games in the FPS category too!)

Other than what I felt was a bit expensive, yet still provided a quality experience was Quest for Booty. Apart from the slightly hefty price tag it was a nice addition to TOD.

Looking forward to the next title and unless my funds don’t allow it at the time of release it will most likely be a first day buy. So I better start saving now.

Also looking forward to the competition.

Once again keep up the good work, and commendations all round for the dev team.

kostaxtreme

+ spy5099 on March 27th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

coooooooooooooooooooooooool

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 27th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Custom soundtrack support???

Anything Mr. James Stevenson???

+ JakandDaxterDude on March 27th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

So, will skill points be replaced by trophies then?

+ CEK111 on March 27th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Is the contest only open to people in the US?

+ silentj14 on March 27th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

How do you enter the contest!!! I’m all done with my weapon pic, I just need to know where to send it!

+ TheModernWorld on March 27th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

does this mean that Tools of Destruction will be a greatest hits release soon?

+ Mikoid1 on March 27th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

FINALLY! I was waiting for another ratchet and clank game.

+ gamefan67 on March 27th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

what day will it be on GTTV?

+ Marcster1994 on March 27th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

It’s the day of the contest and I don’t know how to join.
It’s not telling me anything on HOW or WHERE to send the picture.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on March 27th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Sorry about the delay! We\’ve run into a few technical issues, but we should be up in less than an hour.

+ BenX42316 on March 27th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE RECEIVED IN A LONG WHILE!!!!
AWESOME GUYS, DAY 1 PURCHASE FOR ME!!
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO RELEASE DAY ALREADY!

+ silentj14 on March 27th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

@ 227 Awesome news!

+ almighty-slayer on March 27th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Insomniac museum. Please :) More like 2 than 3. 2 was awesome, 3 was kinda rubbish in comparison.

I loved the Insomniac Museums!

Anyways, love to see a new Ratchet and Clank title!

+ TOY_ROBOT on March 27th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Less than an hour sure seams long. lol
:P

Just kidding IG.

+ minameissteve on March 27th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Will this be the last R+C game for good?

+ silentj14 on March 27th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

I hope not, it’s one of my favorite franchises…

+ Prattz on March 27th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Can’t wait! I was too late to see the trailer, I think… I need to check the schedule, but I absolutely hope I didn’t miss it! I have to see it! I’m in Canada, and we have Spike channel too, but are the show times different?

PS. Please listen to some suggestions, they sound pretty cool, and take your time and make it the best game it can be! Thanks for the news! :D

+ Christian_Josh on March 27th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

I’m watching Gametrailers TV on Spike TV as I write, darn commericals! It’s on channel 61 if you have Comcast Cable. I can’t wait until the news about the K2 DLC and R&CF and Mass Effect II. Cool 8)

+ TOY_ROBOT on March 27th, 2009 at 10:32 pm said:

Just saw the teaser! IG did a great job!

+ s_S-killaz336 on March 28th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

i realized james isnt replying to the questions dat ask if the game got multiplayer so it probably doesnt got mutiplayerr

+ THE_FORCE on March 29th, 2009 at 1:17 am said:

The Ratchet & Clank series just oozes quality, and playing the games has been some of the most enjoyment I’ve ever had in my 30+ years as a gamer.

I think my jaw hit the floor when I first saw TOD – the polish, the detail, the animation and fluidity. THE FUN ! To think we’ve got more to look forward to just whet’s the appetite further.

Insomniac- you should all be so proud of your ‘works of art’ as a team. Incredible !

+ t178abc on March 29th, 2009 at 3:30 am said:

Ratchet & Clank is not just a great video game series to me. It’s the greatest! Please James Stevenson, tell me if this is going to be the last Ratchet & Clank game. I realy hope you’re gonna make more R&C games. I think you should at least make one Ratchet & Clank game for each Mario game ever made:)

+ FuSIoN_ToM on March 29th, 2009 at 5:11 am said:

Woow.. What a release this fall.
I’m expecting to see better graphics this time.. Just Kiddin but I would like to play one of my favourite series in 1080p, in a higher resolution. That would be nice to include. :)
I would like to see some easter eggs.. I know that Insomniac is good at it. The trailer looks nice and futuristic.
And I know that this question has been posted before but, with no answers.. Will multiplayer mode be bring back?? Online mode??

+ t178abc on March 29th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

I did not mean that last part of my comment, quality is more important than quantity. But I hope you will continue the Ratchet & Clank series after A Crack in Time.

+ FuSIoN_ToM on March 29th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

Hope this isn’t the last one in the series too.. :)

+ ashisthebest on March 29th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I am one of you guys BIGGEST FAN.
I have EVERY Ratchet & Clank Game ever created. My first ps3 games were Resistance FAll of Man & Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of destruction. I also was addicted to Ratchet & CLank UYA for 3 years i played everday online onto it. I have a huge request. Me and all my friends who play UYA or DL we really want online play. UYA was a awesome community to make friends on. Please make online play possible. I also have tons of ideas for the online play.
I cannot wait for Crack In TIme
Your biggest fan

Ashisthebest

+ ZellBell on March 29th, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

so… later on this year will there be a LBP ratchet and clank costume? i have some great ideas for it.

+ Hellion1 on March 29th, 2009 at 11:40 pm said:

I have played all the R&C games even the ones on the PSP (I know that Insomniac Games did not make Size Matters which is why I did not like it that much)and I L.O.V.E them to bits and I just can’t wait until you and Playstation 3 release Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time!!!!!!!!! GO YOU GOOD THING!!!

+ Korbei83 on March 30th, 2009 at 4:50 am said:

Is it out yet?!

Aw c’mon guys! Hurry it up already!

+ FuSIoN_ToM on March 30th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

Please. The game is out in this fall. lol
xP

Hope this series never end xD
And that this game is awesome.

+ ashisthebest on March 30th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

I heard there was a rumor that there is not any online play but there is co-op.

Please add Online dudes

BTW is thiz rumor real?

+ mi5jason on March 30th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Insomniac is the reason I bought a PS3

+ Ryty1496 on March 30th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

I HEART R&C. this is the best game ever concieved. But please don’t rush, fix it till its absolutely perfect. an idea is once u beat the game and the second time around u would have a different type of story mode like back to r&c 1 or 2. well ive seen some really good games go bad cuz they rushed. just please make this game irresistible.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6