LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 26, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store update.

It’s week seven of the “PSN Spring Fever” section of the PlayStation Store, featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download! Headlining this week is Burn Zombie Burn!

PULSE

Pulse 3/26 Edition
PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network is a free high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. Featuring new game releases, demos, movie and television arrivals available for your PS3 and PSP systems, PULSE is a fast-paced new source to keep you connected and informed about the world of PlayStation. Hosted by Christina Lee.
File sizes: 184 MB (HD) 312 MB (1080)

Downloadable Games

Burn Zombie Burn ($9.99)
Burn Zombie Burn! is a third-person shoot’em-up in the classic coin-op tradition but with all new mechanics. The goal is simple: to get the highest score possible. Standing in your way is a never ending horde of undead. To survive you must shoot, burn and explode as many zombies as possible before they overwhelm you.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 164 MB

Worms ($12.99)
Run for cover! The Worms are coming to PLAYSTATION 3, and this time they mean war! Battle up to three other players offline or online on one of six landscape themes, utilizing a selection of classic Worms weaponry: from the famed Bazooka to the devastating Banana Bomb. With a fine selection of single player battles and plenty of ways to customize your annelid army, it’s a package sky-high on entertainment!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 147 MB

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet BUZZ! Mini-Pack ($1.99)
Look out everyone, LittleBigPlanet is getting BUZZED! Check out this new mini-pack filled with stickers from the popular Quiz Show franchise and a one-of-a-kind costume for fans of the craziest game show host around…Buzz!
File size: 1.04 MB

PAIN: El Chile Grande Character ($0.99)
Allow us to introduce a testosterone-filled wrestler from South of the border for you to dish out some PAIN with. Known only as “El Chile Grande”, this wrestler is ready to ready to throw some ‘bows and drop a knee or two on all those other pretenders who might fake their PAIN for no reason!
File size: 100 KB

Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack ($5.99)
Return to Twin Falls, Idaho and the lumberyard of Orick, California in the Resistance 2 Aftermath multiplatyer map packs!
Designed by Insomniac Games, these maps expand the unparalleled multiplayer experience on the PLAYSTATION 3 with new challenges and environments from some of the most popular stages in Resistance 2!
File size: 839 MB

Resistance 2 Skin Bundle ($3.99)
Purchase the Resistance 2 multiplayer skins together and save! This bundle offers up the Cloven, Ravager, Female Soldier, Rachael Parker, Ranger and alternate Black Ops skins in one complete package! For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 600 KB

Resistance 2 Black Ops Variation Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
A camouflage variation of the Black Ops skin that is fully compatible with all human bangles. For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Resistance 2 Cloven Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
One of the most popular skins in Resistance: Fall of Man, this new cloven skin takes its inspiration from the Cloven found in Resistance: Retribution! For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Resistance 2 Female Soldier Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
One of the most demanded skins for Resistance 2, you can now play as a female soldier! For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Resistance 2 Rachael Parker Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
By popular demand, the narrator of Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance: Retribution becomes one of the first female skins for Resistance 2. For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Resistance 2 Ranger Variation Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
A variation of the ranger skin that is fully compatible with all human bangles. For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Resistance 2 Ravager Multiplayer Skin ($0.99)
The most popular new Chimera from Resistance 2 is now available as a multiplayer skin! For use in competitive multiplayer.
File size: 100KB

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Defender of Earth Character Pack ($5.99)
This package file adds new custom characters Gordon, Jennifer, and Thursday
File size: 1.23 MB

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Item World Command Attack Mode ($3.99)
Compete against other players in the Command Attack Mode. The less commands you make per battle the higher the score. If you have a great score you might win a new character or item.
File size: 1.23 MB

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Character: Gordon ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Gordon from Disgaea.
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Character: Jennifer ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Jennifer from Disgaea.
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Character: Thursday ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Thursday from Disgaea.
File size: 1.22 MB

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Veteran Map Pack (free)
2 exclusive missions on new battlefields playable in skirmish mode for battle-hardened commanders. New missions include the assault on Russia’s Cosmodrome and the conquest of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in Richton, Mississippi, USA.
File size: 212 MB

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2
Expand your Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 library by purchasing these tracks.

• (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life ($1.49)
  • Dance, Dance ($1.49)
  • I Love Rock N Roll ($1.49)
  • Irresistible ($1.49)
  • My Immortal ($1.49)
  • Put Your Records On ($1.49)
  • Spoonman ($1.49)
  • Sweet Caroline ($1.49)
  • The Joker and the Thief ($1.49)
  • The Spirit of Radio ($1.49)
  • Youth Gone Wild ($1.49)

Fle sizes: 15 MB – 58 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Black”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Deep”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Even Flow”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Garden”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Jeremy”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Master/Slave”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Oceans”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Once”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Porch”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Release”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Why Go”— Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • Ten Album — Pearl Jam – ($17.99) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game album: Ten (Album) – Pearl Jam. Some tracks in this album are instrument-only and cannot be played by vocalists. Please make sure you have the latest Rock Band update.

File sizes: 16 MB – 51 MB (singles), 382 MB (album)

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “The James Bond Theme” performed by Richard Fortus ($1.99)
  • “C-Lebrity” by Queen + Paul Rodgers ($1.99)
  • “Fat Bottomed Girls” by Queen ($1.99)
  • “We Are The Champions” by Queen ($1.99)
  • Queen Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “C-Lebrity” by Queen + Paul Rodgers and “Fat Bottomed Girls” and “We Are The Champions” by Queen. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 36 MB – 45 MB (singles), 118 MB – 136 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 3/26 Edition
File sizes: 184 MB (HD) 312 MB (1080)

F.E.A.R. to F.E.A.R. 2 Trailer
File size: 97 MB

Meet the Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Dev Team
File size: 196 MB (1080)

Winter Dew Tour Videos (x8)
File size: 65 – 151 MB (HD), 96 – 256 MB (1080)

Black Freighter Bonus Clip Video
File size: 64 MB (SD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

Seven Pounds Blu-ray Disc Trailer
File size: 68 MB (HD) 95 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

PAIN: El Chile Grande Theme (free)
File size: 2.50 MB

File sizes: 1.65 MB – 1.67 MB

Disgaea 3 – Defender of Earth Custom Theme ($0.99)
File Size: 2.31 MB

Celtic Maidens ($1.49)
File size: 4.22 MB

Gamer Girlz ($1.49)
File size: 5.47 MB

Chinese Fighting Dragons ($1.49)
File size: 6.06 MB

Arctic Penguins ($1.49)
File size: 5.10 MB

Wallpaper (free)

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Hip Wallpaper
File size: 210 KB

Tom Clancy’s EndWar European Federation Wallpaper (x4)
File sizes: 2.46 MB – 3.48 MB

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

* Platypus ($9.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
In Platypus, you’ll guide your ship through 30 side-scrolling, challenging and action-packed levels. Play in either single-player or multiplayer game modes that keep you on your toes! In this ground-breaking, side-scrolling adventure, you’ll travel through unique, hand-molded 3D clay graphics, collect electrifying power-ups and fend off invading enemy forces, while destroying everything in your path.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 27 MB

Game Demos (free)

* Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce Demo (also available from PS3 storefront)
Now up to four friends can join together to form a “Strikeforce” with history’s mightiest warriors. Featuring new quests that can be played as a single player or as a team, heart-pounding “air” fighting techniques, new “Fury” transformations, completely re-designed levels with massive bosses, and downloadable content, Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce will forever change the Dynasty Warriors universe.
File size: 211 MB

Game Videos (free)

* Pulse 3/26 Edition
File size: 29 MB

* Mercury Meltdown Trailer 2
File size: 23 MB

* Winter Dew Tour Videos (x8)
File sizes: 11 MB – 27 MB
PSP Themes

* MLB Team Themes – Pack 3 (x5) (includes Astros, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Dodgers and Marlins) (also available from PS3 storefront) (free)
File sizes: 539 KB – 543 KB

* Celtic Maidens 1 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 629 KB

* Celtic Maidens 2 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 641 KB

* Gamer Girlz ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 351 KB

* Chinese Fighting Dragons ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 410 KB

* Arctic Penguins ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 479 KB

187 Comments

+ unstablefears on March 26th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

No Demos….:(

+ kornel222 on March 26th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

omg when is the cubs mlb 09 them coming

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

probably the worst PSN update of 2009. I cant ever imagine a week when i didnt want to download ONE item.

Well, i guess its not sony’s fault that so many developers dont wanna put demoes on PSN… oh wait, yeah it is haha

+ angelcoma on March 26th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

@ 101:
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce Demo (also available from PS3 storefront)

Also, does Sony have a keynote speech like Nintendo had yesterday?

+ harryboy3264 on March 26th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

4 more days and it will be my 1 year anniversary for me and my PS3.

+ Mastroall on March 26th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

@103.

You’re an ignorant idiot. There arent any demos coming for both XBL or PSN this week.

Stop being such a smart aleck and GTFO.

+ borntowheel on March 26th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

@106 – you’re the one showing ignorance. XBL had the Metallica demo this week. As long as Sony charges publishers for bandwidth PSN will continue to have far fewer demos than XBL. In my case, that means most of my money will go to XBL because I refuse to buy downloadable games without a demo.

+ LordChocoSlime on March 26th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I just found and downloaded a demo for the PC version of Platypus at a site called Retro64. I’ll try it out whenever I get the chance and list the web address of that site in case anyone else wants to try out that PC demo of this game.

+ Bashr21 on March 26th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Awesome update. We get Worms a week early!

+ Glon-Stargard on March 26th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

When will be Zuma ?

+ sNsKid on March 26th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

Clearly no one was thinking about me this week.

At least I have Tuesday to look forward to.
Yes, I play SFIV that much. lol

+ Tratious on March 26th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

are there ever gonna be plans to include an american psn music store?, i would love to get alot of sony music japan artists over in the states

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

@106

You’re the ignorant one. Multiplat Publishers will hesitate to put demoes on PSN because they are charged. Any multiplat game will appear first on XBL in the hopes that any multi console owner will dl it for 360 and not PS3.

RE5, Wheelman, LoW etc,, were all released a week or more before on XBL. We havent even gotten metallica GH demo

+ nov2rem on March 26th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Please release PSone classics please. Street Fighter Alpha 3, Resident Evil 1,2,3, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Einhander, Driver, etc. I am dissapointed and shocked that there hasn’t been a single PSone game released on the U.S. PSN in 2009.

+ Xydarc on March 26th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Why does the EU store get Magic Carpet? Where are the PSOne games?

+ SogeKing on March 26th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Can we PLEASE get the Super Stardust HD Soundtrack?!

+ Squamden on March 26th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

More college themes please!

(Specifically USC!)

+ wet_wildebeest on March 26th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

gay update

+ DYRTY83 on March 26th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Lucky bastards dont complain. My motherboard on my ps3 fried Saturday to my great dismay. The “yellow light of death” happened during a game of Flower. Aah well im putting hours into all the PSP which was collecting dust anyway. This brings me to my point: My PSP can remote play my PS3, why cant my PS3 remote play my PSP? I have the video out cable but my couch is 15 feet from my TV and its not “Streamlined” like the rest of my Playstation experience. If its possible I’d love to see this integrated in the future. This being my first comment I DEMAND A REPLY!!!! lol.

+ HanSolo on March 26th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

nice update, hopefully psp dl games will take off and ps1 games will start to appear, iphone/iphod touch is getting some very good games, and if sony doesnt hurry and push for psp dl games soon, it will be once again behind and never catch up

+ silentRob88 on March 26th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Fantastic update! In fact, too fantastic…simply too much that I want to download!

Keep up the great work!

+ Mastroall on March 26th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

@112

And where did you hear that charging fee? 360fanboy? Has Sony commented on it? Has any developer spoke about it?

+ EternalMovement on March 26th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Mastroall I presume you meant 113 instead of 112?

If so take a look at http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/sony-now-charging-publishers-for-ps3-downloadable-content/

+ peevmyster on March 26th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

this is like the most i’ve spent on the PS store since i bought my PS3. Gonna give burn zombie burn a trie and downloading the resistance 2 map pack… and 6 songs for GHWT. Now can i get anything for my PSP?

+ MeNTaLSPLaTTeR on March 26th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Why is Worms $13, it’s a bloody old game, on top of that it’s cheaper on the 360, definitely not buying at a higher price for absolutely no reason. Team 17, your really riding worms into the ground, things been around since ps1 (earlier on the pc) and you still have the cojones to charge that much for it…. Shame on your lazy brit bumms!

+ LokeSTL on March 26th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

@122

This has been all over the web this week. Here’s a link: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/sony-now-charging-publishers-for-ps3-downloadable-content/

+ nymph3ta on March 26th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Woo! Worms FTW!

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

@ Mastroall / 122

Or type in “sony charge for free dlc” and read the 122 links about it.

Hey, im glad sony charges the publishers and not US.. but it kinda sucks when XBL will get everything before us

+ angelcoma on March 26th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

@122:

It was reported a few days back on MTV Multiplayer blog.

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

again.. im defending sony here. Demos are basically just advertisements for games so they should be charged for them.

But dont call me ignorant when i know what im talking about and you dont

+ KidCommando on March 26th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

@ 122

here are a couple links… :(

+ ilikemonkeys on March 26th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Ummm… when do we get that interactive Killzone 2 ad that was promised this month?

+ triple_lei on March 26th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

5/5 for the beauteous Christina Lee. I can’t wait for the summer editions of Pulse!

And the Rock Band 2 DLC was nice too.

+ lakaiHIGH on March 26th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

pulse was really short this week. i <3 miss Lee. can you guys pass that along to her for me? << makes me sound kinda desperate. but seriously i wish we had more pulse. i d/l it every other week.

peace,
Lh

+ Netweb on March 26th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMSS!!! I want this on Portugal Store!!!!

I try to download Wanted Launch Trailer and PULSE.. but they freeze my PS3 ….

+ jBat17 on March 26th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

I’ll download PULSE. Christina Lee is so pretty.. that’s all.. i’m still mad at myself for trading in R2

+ MegadethAndy on March 26th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

New Resistance maps rae cool, but i wish i hadnt bought the skins

+ Viprdude on March 26th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

PHILLIES WORLD CHAMPS THEME NOW!!!!

+ jqtaxpayer on March 26th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Thanks for the update, though I’m disappointed that there’s no demo for Burn Zombie Burn. Hopefully in the coming weeks, that will be addressed for the less financially impulsive among us?

And not to be like “that”, but where is Bomberman Ultra? I’m seriously chomping at the bit over that game and I heard it was coming out in early March… any news as to that would be very much appreciated.

I heard that Japan’s getting a Katamari game, by the way! I hope it comes to NA, though I’ll be happy to import it if I REALLY have to. Thanks Mr. Takahashi!

+ usin420 on March 26th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Are we ever gonna see Silent Hill 1 released on US store? Please Sony!

+ Zookey on March 26th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Yay for R2 stuff and possibly Burn Zombie Burn hehe!

+ Poopypirate on March 26th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

where my ps1 games !

+ LongTallnUgly on March 26th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Wow march has not been a good month for the psn, bring on April!

+ The_Punisher111 on March 26th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Lame :l
No PS1 games :(
R2 has huge very HUGE DLC this week ^^
no GH Metallica Demo :,(
No demos :( (I dont count PSP demos)
No nothing 2/5

+ kingmeazly on March 26th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

Are all games released on the playstation store or in regular stores gonna have trophies????

+ UnlimitedSevens on March 26th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

Alright, everyone say it with me – one, two, three… GIVE US PS1 GAMES!! I wonder if SCEA has ever heard the saying “the customer is always right.” Apparently not because about a third of the posts here are saying the same thing: more PS1 games. Not Worms, not Watchmen, and definitely not Zuma. All I can say is I am very disappointed at this blatant disregard for your loyal customers. Just remember who pays your bills! :)

+ The_Punisher111 on March 26th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

Dear, Sony/Sony Playstation Store Management
Hi! Im writing to you today about March 26ths PS Store update.
IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! COME THE HELL ON NO PS1 GAMES?!? NOT EVEN FREAKIN PS3 DEMOS?!? NO GH Metallica DEMO?!?
All i can is i know theres a resesion (dont know who to spell it) but PULL YOUR S**T TOGETHER!!!!!! (sorry) Its not all your fault … oh wait .. yes it is! More PS1 games NOW!
Sincenerly Yours,
The_Punisher111

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

everybody needs to stop living in the past obsessing over PS1 games.

Id much rather see 9.99 PS2 games getting sold.

+ Korlithiel on March 26th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

Not a whole lot of Playstation games on there I see, and still no access to videos straight from the PSP I see either. Somewhat dissapointing update, especially since Platypus should stay dead.

+ mafecto on March 26th, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

We need PS2 games on the store, as well as some older PSP games ready for download and play on PS3. There is no excuse for not having at least every first party piece of software across PS1, PS2 and PSP ready for digital download.

Also, downloaded Worms, a little better than the XBL version with some added features, but it crashed my PS3 twice and my PS3 NEVER crashes (40 gig, Nov. 2007).

No FW 2.70 is a huge bummer, but I blame myself for believing the internet hype.

SONY still rules.