No Man's Sky

Sack it to Me: The “CORNISH YARG” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Mar 26, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Today’s post is going to get chessy….or Cornish Yarg-y, the code name for the 1.12 LBP game update. Check out some of the new things to expect with the update plus some other bits and pieces!

LBP banner

CORNISH YARG (aka 1.12 game update)
We don’t yet have a fixed release date for this update, but it has now finished primary development so won’t be too much longer. Additional fixes, particularly for online connection reliability and save game/profile size problems are already well into development and we’ll bring you more news on that just as soon as possible.

This update addresses several outstanding issues with the game:

• There is a new music player which lets player’s choose their own music from the XMB to play during create mode and in their Pod
  • Improved decoration mode makes it easier to customize your Sackboy

New options to help prevent profiles becoming full of unwanted community objects:

• Option to delete all (unhearted) community objects and photos
  • Option to select whether to automatically collect community prizes and photos
  • A number of improvements have been made to make profiles more robust and to recover from certain errors
  • We now support Japanese and Korean IME for text chat.
  • Emitter prediction has been improved (this should help fast-moving projectiles e.g. in MGS levels)
  • The player proximity switch now has a ‘require all’ option in it
  • An option has been added to cycle between various level information when viewing community levels on the earth
  • Various LittleBigStore improvements

CROWNED!!
We love it when you guys interface on our forums in LittleBigWorkshop and we want to recognize a few active community members:

Lionheart & Blufalcon78

Congratulations, you just got CROWNED! Check your email, codes coming your way.

LBP at GDC

Here are a few shots of the action at our booth at GDC. Per our last post, LBP Creators like you are doing workshops on level creation in LBP, and attendees at our booth get to take part in a “GDC CREATE Jam Session.” We can’t wait to play that level!

LBP at GDC 1 LBP at GDC 2

Get BUZZED! on LBP
Did you always want to sport BUZZ’s flashy red suit and pumped up hairdo? Now you can starting today, plus getting some BUZZ!-themed stickers as a bonus!

LittleBigPlanet Add-On Buzz Minipack

New LBP Shirt at Hot Topic!
Since you sold Hot Topic out on the last shirt we told you about, they went ahead and got another one! Go online can score this one quick or visit your local Hot Topic on this list. FYI, they usually sell the S-XL size tees at $19 each and XXL at $21.

LBP shirt

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ sainraja on March 26th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

Thanks for the update! You guys made an awesome game and glad to see you are still behind it! Thanks.

+ Fluidshine on March 26th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

OMG this is soo sweet great update!!! Lots of good helpful stuff!

+ Eduardoska on March 26th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

Great Update!! in game music for create???
LBP FTW!

+ Zezzler on March 26th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Hey! Any word on the T-Shirts being available in Canada? i REALLY want one! plus Canadian Crowns would be nice too :P

+ Poopypirate on March 26th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

hope these shirts dont sell out too quickily

+ Sk8boyP on March 26th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Hey! What about the Play Create Share score? They’ve been inactive since launch!

+ Sk8boyP on March 26th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

Hey! What about the Play Create Share scores? They’ve been inactive since launch!

+ Sk8boyP on March 26th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

Whoops, Srry for double post

+ Enigma777 on March 26th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

Awesome! LBP 4 Life!

+ remanutd5 on March 26th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

can we order the tshirt online??? i live in NYC and i couldnt find the other other lbp tshirt anywhere , i mean i went to a couple of hot topic stores ( staten island and queens) and they didnt have it

+ Havoc_Maker on March 26th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Why is the music player only usable in the create mode? It is a nice feature and I thank you to the fullest for it, but are their plans to add the music player for single player and online modes of the game?
Thanks!
Keep up the great work!

+ SillyHatMafia on March 26th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Sounds great ( I love the custom music part too! )

But i have one question: Could you go into more detail about the “…easier to customize your Sackboy” thing?

+ heatseeker on March 26th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

great update!
Now i just wish we could have online create mode :(

+ starBlinky01 on March 26th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

when are you guys going to fix the play create share thing on the far left planet. It still says 0 0 0, for all 3. Isnt it suppose to count how many ive done or something? I thought this would have been fixed a while ago… seems like such a simple thing to fix, but its still just sitting there.

+ AlexD169 on March 26th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

Check out my blog it’s better than ps3fanboy in my opinion =]
videogamersnetwork.wordpress.com

Also in game creat mode music why not when we play?

+ Blkant on March 26th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

I must say, this update is incredible, to say the least. I’m extremely impressed at your support in this patch. However, there is an out-standing concern I have about content. Will we ever see any actual content to expand the LBP universe? Costumes are great and all for many people, but some of us, not to push you guys, want more content along the lines of the MGS expansion you released a while back. So I was just really hoping if you could at least, maybe, hint if there will be any big content coming our way any time soon?

Once again thank you for your continued support for this excellent game :)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 26th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

I give you guys KUDOS for adding some XMB CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK SUPPORT! Thank you!

I do admit it would be nice to use the feature during OFFLINE play…

I understand there is technical issues during ONLINE play but maybe in a future patch you could include it for OFFLINE play?!?!

Thanks again LN

+ joseperu on March 26th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

Hi Mark, do you know when will we be allowed to import images from our XMB to use in create mode? The truth is that the image quality obtained when using the PSeye is not the best for a high quality and highly artistic game like LBP…At least please let us know if this might possible sometime in the near future…

+ TRIX_BOL on March 26th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

To Mark Valledor.

I wish we could listen to our XMB music while playing LBP. Well, I am not the only LBP fan who wants that to happen. *I guess* every single LBP fan want to listen their XMB music in-LBP.

Can you request Media Molecule to create an in-game music patch?

+ TRIX_BOL on March 26th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

I’m sorry Mark, I guess I didn’t read your post really well… :)

+ jdude95 on March 26th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

lol…Get buzzed….sounds pretty weird…anyway the custom music thing sounds awesome. Could you please make it so that you can play it during levels too. At least for single player. And also, thanks for the tools to help profile size. It has been annoying me lately. Also, I agree. Why aren’t the play, create, and share scores working? I remember they started working late in the beta. I never figured out what exactly affected them but they were fun little stats.

+ Azira013 on March 26th, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

Oooo patchy! I like patches!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 26th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

I want one of the t-shirts!

+ OmegaArchetype on March 26th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

Custom Soundtrack FTW!

I was wondering why this wasn’t available on release. Making things in the editor would have (and will now,) been better.

+ BPink on March 26th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

As I said on the 25th…

CONGRATULATIONS LBP!!!!

Four of Six Awards this year at GDC.

AWESOME Job!!!

+ Zookey on March 26th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Yahoo for improvements!

+ Ashenshugura on March 26th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

Whoa, custom soundtrack. Did I just read that right?

This is such a great game. My entire family enjoys it. I get a bit of satisfaction from watching my 4 y/o son play this game with the online community.
He is typically the one that grabs people and throws himself and the person he grabbed off of the cliffs to there dooooooooom!

Great Job MM for this wonderful game! Also the great community support.

+ EvoAnubis on March 26th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

Custom soundtracks!? YES!!!

+ ryanc08 on March 26th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Awesome news, cant wait for some Guns N Roses to inspire me while i make a new level LOL. I love the community support as well though im anxious for more DLC like MGS instead of mini packs, im afraid that as soon as i buy the KillZone 2 mini pack something new will come out

+ BigPoppaB on March 26th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

I dont create levels as its just far too difficult and time consuming… but id imagine for the creators out there custome soundtrack support would be great.

+ xBiG_BoSS-911x on March 26th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

YA!!!! CORNISH YARG FTW!

+ ScribeTheTaru on March 26th, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

The fact that this game has been out almost 6 months and the patch for online create mode hasn’t been made…. well lets just say I’m not picking the game up again until this is patched or more MM levels are added.

+ nymph3ta on March 26th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

Ooooh, custom soundtrack in create mode! Sweet! Now I’ll have a little bit more motivation with my levels.

+ Kenshin71 on March 26th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

“Today’s post is going to get chessy”

I think you meant cheesy. Please fix the broken Play Create Share counters.

+ IMamaBear on March 26th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if are we ever going to get more weapons or some kind of powerups for LBP?

+ x_Nico_x on March 26th, 2009 at 9:07 pm said:

@scribeTheTaru

agreed…

+ alaM0000 on March 26th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

That T-Shirt Rox!!! LBP!!! =)

+ Jeigh on March 26th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

I’m often annoyed by the fact that the in-game music feature is so massively under-utilized, and couldn’t say I was terribly pleased to learn that this of all games didn’t have it, but I’m most certainly not complaining of getting ‘late’ here since ‘never’ seems to be the route of choice for most games.

You have my thanks.

+ Tyrade on March 26th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

hopefully some updates on the creation mode problems? I have lots of issues of things shaking, deleting, and moving on their own :(

+ DrkrZen on March 26th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

I’m not a fan of Buzz! Quiz TV, but now I can finally make a Verizon Wireless Guy costume for Sackboy. Yeah… I’m runnin’ outta ideas after 4 costume levels, bare with me, lol.

Can’t wait for the update, though!

+ EddyxMob on March 26th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

When is the Weather Change Tool Coming?

+ NukePistols on March 26th, 2009 at 9:38 pm said:

Ok, if I choose to hear my own music in my pod can my friends listen to what I’m listening too? That would make it a lot more fun. If not, please make it be like that.

+ Thrasher20 on March 26th, 2009 at 10:05 pm said:

Nice update. Nice shirt. Nice game. Will be downloading this new patch tomorrow morning

+ LRGKING on March 26th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

Woot!!!!

+ BlackIceJoe on March 26th, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

I can see why you can’t have music with licensing going onto the LBP servers.

But I want to know will this allow me make a level and keep music on the level just as long as I don’t put it online.

So like say I was down playing that level and turned off my PS3 I come back later to play the same level will the music still be there no not.

+ WindedHero on March 26th, 2009 at 10:46 pm said:

I think you guys are all misunderstanding what the XMB music thing is all about.. It’s only for during level creation.

Great feature to have though, much better than the silence, and you can play a certain artist or soundtrack to get a mood for your level..

I’m still waiting on Play/Create/Share counter fix, and multi-console/online level create.

+ WindedHero on March 26th, 2009 at 10:48 pm said:

**And as far as other people hearing what you play in your pod? No.

Copyright violation– Sony and Media Molecule have to cover their asses, ya know. Don’t ever expect a feature like this to happen. They’re being leery about image importing from the XMB for the same reason. People tend to infringe upon copyrights ALL THE TIME.

+ ADMAN111 on March 26th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

How much longer till we can create a level online with another player?

+ phinnv8 on March 27th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

Looks like a pretty minor update other than the profile fixes. Good to see it’s coming though!

+ EDDYSX on March 27th, 2009 at 2:04 am said:

music does not play in any of my levels it has happened twice it is most certainly a bug. but i haven’t heard of other people geting it. i need help

PAGE 1 2