Spider-Man PS4

Mar 26

Mar 26

Sack it to Me: The “CORNISH YARG” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Today’s post is going to get chessy….or Cornish Yarg-y, the code name for the 1.12 LBP game update. Check out some of the new things to expect with the update plus some other bits and pieces!

LBP banner

CORNISH YARG (aka 1.12 game update)
We don’t yet have a fixed release date for this update, but it has now finished primary development so won’t be too much longer. Additional fixes, particularly for online connection reliability and save game/profile size problems are already well into development and we’ll bring you more news on that just as soon as possible.

This update addresses several outstanding issues with the game:

• There is a new music player which lets player’s choose their own music from the XMB to play during create mode and in their Pod
  • Improved decoration mode makes it easier to customize your Sackboy

New options to help prevent profiles becoming full of unwanted community objects:

• Option to delete all (unhearted) community objects and photos
  • Option to select whether to automatically collect community prizes and photos
  • A number of improvements have been made to make profiles more robust and to recover from certain errors
  • We now support Japanese and Korean IME for text chat.
  • Emitter prediction has been improved (this should help fast-moving projectiles e.g. in MGS levels)
  • The player proximity switch now has a ‘require all’ option in it
  • An option has been added to cycle between various level information when viewing community levels on the earth
  • Various LittleBigStore improvements

CROWNED!!
We love it when you guys interface on our forums in LittleBigWorkshop and we want to recognize a few active community members:

Lionheart & Blufalcon78

Congratulations, you just got CROWNED! Check your email, codes coming your way.

LBP at GDC

Here are a few shots of the action at our booth at GDC. Per our last post, LBP Creators like you are doing workshops on level creation in LBP, and attendees at our booth get to take part in a “GDC CREATE Jam Session.” We can’t wait to play that level!

LBP at GDC 1 LBP at GDC 2

Get BUZZED! on LBP
Did you always want to sport BUZZ’s flashy red suit and pumped up hairdo? Now you can starting today, plus getting some BUZZ!-themed stickers as a bonus!

LittleBigPlanet Add-On Buzz Minipack

New LBP Shirt at Hot Topic!
Since you sold Hot Topic out on the last shirt we told you about, they went ahead and got another one! Go online can score this one quick or visit your local Hot Topic on this list. FYI, they usually sell the S-XL size tees at $19 each and XXL at $21.

LBP shirt

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Conrad_Max said:

March 27th, 2:08 am

#11
Havoc_Maker | March 26th, 2009 at 6:51 pm
“Why is the music player only usable in the create mode? It is a nice feature and I thank you to the fullest for it, but are their plans to add the music player for single player and online modes of the game?
Thanks!”

I am guessing that having this feature in the official levels would conflict with the music that other players have. But, maybe in the future, the host’s music could possibly supercede the music of someone joining the game.

But, if you create your own level, your music will be heard by evryone playing that level. Or, am I misinterpreting this?

MeNTaLSPLaTTeR said:

March 27th, 2:24 am

EDDYSX – You have to make sure you have the music trigger large enough to be tripped by the player, or setup a ‘proximity gadget’ to it so it’s in the path of the player. Making the proximity way bigger then required generally fixes such issues.

EDDYSX said:

March 27th, 3:05 am

by the way just to clarify music does not play in any level including mm’s levels and the pod. all other sound effects are still there and able to be heard. in create mode if i put music in my level it plays. but then if i go to play mode no music. it seems from all ive read im the person with the problem. mm could you please let me know if youve heard of this. by the way lbp is pound 4 pound the greatest game of all time.

EDDYSX said:

March 27th, 3:06 am

by the way just to clarify music does not play in any level including mm’s levels and the pod. all other sound effects are still there and able to be heard. in create mode if i put music in my level it plays. but then if i go to play mode no music. it seems from all ive read im the only person with the problem. mm could you please let me know if youve heard of this. by the way lbp is pound 4 pound the greatest game of all time.

nickjd331 said:

March 27th, 3:19 am

I thought you could already use a “require all” option on the proximity switch. I have used it in my levels.

Carl-G said:

March 27th, 3:29 am

I LOVE LBP ;P

+ Yeah we need that ‘Play Create Share’ scores fixed? It is always ‘0 0 0’?

+ PLEASE make a LBP/KillZone 2 LEVEL pack, like the LBP/MGS4 one? ;)

StalkingSilence said:

March 27th, 3:35 am

Looking forward to this (I’m hearing sometime next week – after 1.11 the content patch hits).

Also, I like the new design for the LBP t-shirt.

axeblade07 said:

March 27th, 4:27 am

Are you guys going to patch this game like what Insomniac just did with R2. To allow the second profile to login to their PSN Id online so they can earn stats and trophies for achievments of their own.

DStealth said:

March 27th, 4:34 am

Can’t wait for the update guys! Hearing music while creating is a brilliant idea!

MeNTaLSPLaTTeR said:

March 27th, 4:42 am

Arg, whats happened to the long ago promised ‘create online co-op’? Just mentioning it because it came from your own lips, it’s been 5 months since release.
The amount of dlc has slowed up and it seems most of your time is spent on bug fixes.
Even though it was promised (I think free), I would be willing to pay a few bucks ($3-$5 for availabilities sake) for the co-op create, just get the dang thing out the door.
If it’s going to be held off until the holidays (to boost sales) it’s a bad idea, especially with your history of server issues, do the debugging now during the ‘off’ season.
*Please*

Korbei83 said:

March 27th, 5:12 am

LBP needs better ways of advertising your creations than just playing through your own work over and over with various people ‘Online’.

I’d also like to see the Play Create Share scores active.

bravo9zero said:

March 27th, 5:14 am

Nich work MM! Sounds like a good update :)

Any reason why In-game music Is only on create mode?

People would for It to be for Single player and online aswel PLEASE!!!!

You guys rock.

DigitalDevilSaga said:

March 27th, 5:32 am

yay! awesome LBP update! its amazing how games can constantly improve now a days even after u already bought it! PS FAN 4 LIFE!

lakaiHIGH said:

March 27th, 5:35 am

pretty nice. would have liked full in game music though :( but i will take what i get.

thanx
Lh

EmpireNO said:

March 27th, 5:41 am

I want custome music in-game too.

fan1310 said:

March 27th, 6:19 am

Great update!

Letters2Kay said:

March 27th, 9:44 am

Cool, MM is crowning internet trolls, now… :s

WindedHero said:

March 27th, 10:11 am

Again, you are all misinterpreting this new xmb music thing. The new music option is just to hear what YOU want to hear when you create levels or chill in your pod. No one else will be able to hear what you play, and you will NOT be able to use custom music in your levels.

BlackIceJoe said:

March 27th, 10:12 am

I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this but on Joystiq they talk about LBP having different stuff that never made it into the game.

Is there any chance these things could come out on LBP as downloadable content or not.

I would pay for some cool boss battles and new sackbuddy’s. Also if not why were they taken out of the game. Did they not fit well with the rest of the stuff.

Plus if you did not think they fit well for LBP1 is there any chance for the Sequel when ever that time be.

NukePistols said:

March 27th, 10:15 am

You’ll be able to play your own music in your pod too, not just in create mode. If you read the article you’ll see that it very clearly says that a new music player will let players play their own music in their pod as well. So why are some of you saying that it will only play during create mode?

“There is a new music player that lets players choose their own from the XMB to play during create mode and in their POD”

NukePistols said:

March 27th, 10:24 am

No custom music in your levels because of copyright issues.

Creative_ae said:

March 27th, 11:02 am

Cool update , the best thing in it:

acmilanboy said:

March 27th, 11:02 am

Can we play music during any levels we play?! PLZ!

gamefan67 said:

March 27th, 12:10 pm

Keep up the good work! love the new buzz outfit!

HawkEyes1 said:

March 27th, 5:07 pm

LBP is fun but needs a good update to fix the lagging when there is to many players in the room.. LBP 2 2010-11? But this has got to be LBP PSP..? Anyway LBP is great Thank you for your Dedication and hard work that you put in Little Big Planet Cheers!

HawkEyes1 said:

March 27th, 5:28 pm

yeah I forgot to mention that I would like to play my music in LBP as well no offense to you Music Producers but it gets tiring after a awhile if you know what I mean. I have a ton of Mp3’s yes bought buy me and from cds on my PS3 I would like to use them actually in all of the PS3 games that I own I have like over 20 PS3 games now..Thank you hope Mark Valledor is listening!

HawkEyes1 said:

March 27th, 7:44 pm

I hope you guys bring from Japan the Final Fantasy VII Costumes they would look amazing!..I would love to see Cloud,Sephiroth Aerith,Yuffie,Tifa,Barret,Vincent,Red XIII, Zack,Cid,Oh of course The Chocobos! maybe even the other characters in the future Caitsith, with Rufus!..BECAUSE FINAL FANTASY 7 NEEDS A COMEBACK JUST LIKE EVERYONE IF NOT ALL REQUESTED MORE THEN 2 YEARS AGO FF7 in HD?..REMEMBER THAT?.PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS REQUESTED LBP COSTUMES..THIS WOULD BE SO COOL! =) THANK YOU!

Wafi24 said:

March 27th, 10:03 pm

Cool looks like im going to buy the buzz costume

Big_Hawk97 said:

March 28th, 9:52 am

I want that t-shirt. Hopefully this patch will restore my broken level. I fell off the LBP wagon once it died.

Wafi24 said:

March 28th, 11:50 am

woot i just got kz2 pack too all i just need is the loco roco and then i have them all

StrangeLevity said:

March 28th, 11:21 pm

The new update sounds fun, i wonder if others come to your pod can they hear your music too? I just went online with this game last week, i’m addicted.

ReZZeRx said:

March 29th, 7:15 am

I’m new to online gaming and the whole PSN. I bought LBP and The Orange Box when I purchased my PS3. I have yet to open The Orange Box and try it yet. LBP online is my digital crack!!!

Braleven said: