PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Insomniac Recruitment Videos

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Mar 31, 2009 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

A fully-stocked kitchen, on-site massage therapist, free cruise to the Bahamas—apparently, those kinds of employee perks weren’t enough for Chris Stathis, the star of last year’s ”Pinballz” video, to stick around at Insomniac Games. But even though Chris has moved on, he’s still our friend. In fact, we decided to check in with him at his new gig, MegaCorp, to see how it compared to his time here.

So if you’re like Chris’ new…err, old MegaCorp coworker and want to join Insomniac Games, head to the careers section of our website. We have a number of positions available in both our Burbank and North Carolina studio.

PAGE 1 2

+ Demonized on March 31st, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

I don’t think it is possible to dislike Insomniac. I don’t think they’ve created a game I haven’t liked ands their support for their games this gen is amazing, as is their efforts with the community.

Love Insomniac.

+ SlashZaku on March 31st, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Videos were very funny, especially the first :D Would love to work in the industry but I have no experience :(

+ Fersis on March 31st, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I like the ‘On your face’ Ted’s attitude

+ Lucreto on March 31st, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Do you need a graduate accountant? If you do then I am your man.

+ Zookey on March 31st, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Awesome….

Not quite Pinballz awesome, but I can’t think of anything to top that LOL so I have no room to talk—beautiful either way!

+ louissin30 on March 31st, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Might be a little off topic but as a huge fan of Insomniac,couldn´t you guys put some more Racthet,Spyro and Resistance avatars on the PSN? Wouldn´t even mind if they had to be purchased.

Keep up with the excelent work,can´t wait for the next ToD and a MP component would be sweet as the one on the PS2 rocked :)
Cheers

+ Lawr- on March 31st, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

FRAGILE EAGLE.

+ Cloudburst– on March 31st, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Disappointed to see NO jobs in the Sound aspect. Poor little Sound Design students like me just get no breaks at all!

Do I get extra browny points for pointing out a spelling mistake in your “Career F.A.Q”?

In “Can I Q.C test at home?” question, the word “positions” is spelt wrong in the answer.

See what I can bring to the company? . . .Sound Design and general other helpful bits. I’m from Belfast and make fantastic tea also and appreciate we all have to start somewhere ;) :) Aaron.

+ easyaspie00 on March 31st, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Insomniac seems like a great place to work at, and a great way to get started in the Video Game Industry. I’m majoring in Computer Science at my school right now. Promise me you guys will still be up and running in 5 years and you can expect to receive an application from me.

+ zombiefriend on March 31st, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

man, i hope this goes on for a while. i’m a game design student right now going for my bachelors, and i’ve been wanting to try and work for insomniac. i really want to go for the summer internship too! can you guys hold me a spot for a job? ;)

+ tirminyl on March 31st, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

:-( No SCM positions. Great videos.

+ Arsenal55 on March 31st, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

I’ll Make you a deal Insomniac.

You hire me, and I will be the one to wake up every morning and make the coffee and refill the beef jerky drawer.

I drive a hard bargain don’t I?

Take it or leave it.

+ Jimal23 on March 31st, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

This sounds like a dream job. Too bad I’m not qualified for any field. I’d love to work here.

+ mafecto on March 31st, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

you guys need a speech pathologist???????
lol

+ Midgetguy on March 31st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

UGH! If only I were… *counts in head* 7 years older and completely done with college! I would DEFINATELY apply for a job at Insomniac! You guys ROCK!

Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog… I would love to work for either one!

+ ShadowTalyis on March 31st, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

I hope this gets through but when can I apply for internship for September 2009 im moving from Oregon to Sherman Oaks, California for Devry University its around 8 miles from Burbank. when do applications for next fall come up or would now be the best time?

+ Arcturian on March 31st, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

I don’t suppose there are any audio department spots available (intern or otherwise). Is David Bergeaud an in-house guy or a contractor?

+ Wollan on March 31st, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

“Come to Insomniac.
Receive beef jerky.”

I’m blushing but I’m not sure why.

+ Edd on March 31st, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

hey i was wondering if i could get some advice, im going to college next year and i can either go for a bachelors degree in digital arts at the university of Oregon or i can get an associates degree in video game design along with C++ certification through Lane Community College, cost doesn’t make a difference because my high school is going to give me a full scholarship for whichever i choose im just wondering which will help me get a position in game design, i realize a bachelors is better than an associates but im not sure a digital arts degree will provide the skills i need, i really really want to work for insomniac by the way it is seriously my dream i live in oregon but i plan on moving down there in hopes of finding a job with you guys any help would be much appreciated!!!

+ Edd on March 31st, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

oh and i’ll be graduating as a junior and starting my freshman year of college in what would be my senior year of high school, so i would have my bachelors by the time im 22 or an associates by the time im 20

+ SeventhAxes on March 31st, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Are you guys hiring Chemists? haha.

+ Voozi on March 31st, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

Well I’d love to try out for the Gameplay Internship but I’m just getting my AS degree in CS by the end of 09, and I don’t go for my BS in CS until the following semester (Spring 2010)

That and…I don’t really have much experience with gameplay coding, other then a basic Open GL class I took which was all simply little 2D stuff lol

Dang! haha, well maybe one day I’ll get a job as a programmer with you guys =D

+ Kamikaze135 on March 31st, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

Hey, Bryan, with a degree in Multimedia Programming and Design, what sort of work would I be able to do in Insomniac? Just out of curiosity. I’m still in school, but Insomniac has been the one video game company I would love to work for.

I would really appreciate the response. This is something that’s been on my mind for some time now.

+ lord_ashour on March 31st, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

Do you need some one with Criminal Investigation background, could inspire your next game :)

+ Grinchy on March 31st, 2009 at 11:55 pm said:

:D
Great video, makes me wish I worked there. To love gaming and have a job working on videogames must be a nice living.

+ Fusion_ID on April 1st, 2009 at 12:40 am said:

Done and done!

+ Chas19 on April 1st, 2009 at 2:25 am said:

Anyone think he looks like the guy from onlinedrummer.com ???

+ Destiny89 on April 1st, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

wish if i was in Art but is it possible for me to apply even tho im an accountant? im still in college and will be done soon. hope it is possible as i Insomniac is my fav :)

+ Disciple_X on April 1st, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

Whats up Insomniac? Those videos are hilarious!
Hey if your reading this could you give my application another look? I submitted it in on 2/7/09. pastclay@gmail.com Maybe a 3D artist position or Level Design. I think one of my colleagues works for you a guy by the name of Andrew.

+ Miceincloaks on April 1st, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

As if I needed any more reason to want to work for Insomniac…

+ IGriffoI on April 1st, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

Is it a requirement to fill out the employment history section if you’re applying for an internship but, as of yet, have not had any relevent employment despite the fact that you’re working towards one of the most relevant degrees out there?

+ IGriffoI on April 1st, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

If you can reply, please reply soon, as I only have today left to apply, as today is the deadline, and I do not want to risk the application database labeling my application as ‘incomplete’, putting me at an immediate disadvantage.

+ DStealth on April 1st, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Brilliant videos! I especially liked your “Too much variety” jab lmao!!!! It’s a shame you guys haven’t got offices in the UK as I would be throwing my application at you lol

+ IGriffoI on April 1st, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Why not apply if you’re in the UK? I have. The move would be well worth it.

+ HawkEyes1 on April 1st, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Well I at least I haven’t experienced any cheaters in RE2.. etc..Unlike the crappy Servers from Treyarch!..Shame on you guys for not doing jack about the countless cheaters in the COD WAW games!..

+ GoodFella2487 on April 1st, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Sent out my application today, hopefully there’s a spot for a poor college grad on your design team =)

+ Disciple_X on April 1st, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Ok Now! What is that I spy in your freezer Insomniac? Those tender morsels in the freezer are alone enough for wanting to work at Insomniac oh yeah! Pepperoni Please!

+ Mrblack_HP on April 4th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Im a huge gammer, live in raleigh, nc and have an architecture degree with a strong art background. any openings for me?

PAGE 1 2