Minecraft PS4

Jak & Daxter Are BACK!

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar + Posted by Lesley Mathieson on Apr 01, 2009 // Design Guru

If there wasn’t enough excitement from GDC last week, here’s even more! We are happy to announce that Jak & Daxter are coming to the PSP and PS2!

Developed by High Impact Games, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier takes the intrepid pair all the way to the edge of the world. There they must battle their way past air pirates and sinister creatures in their quest to find a cure for the world’s eco shortage. Keep an eye out for this title to be available later this year!

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Brink Castaway

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshotost Frontier screenshot Brink Volcano

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshot Brink Castaway 2

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ susuFOX on April 1st, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

no i wanted a J&D game for the PS3… :(

+ enewtabie on April 1st, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

@97
Sorry,sometimes I forget people don’t see it as a business like I do. Bad habit.

+ GamerMoney on April 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

soooo wanted a ps3 version, i have backwards compat so I still might get the ps2 version if i have money lying around n will certainly get psp version

+ lowhonor on April 1st, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

@92

you read my comment wrong…im aware of the new titles for the psp, my conern is ports of them to the ps2

+ FearMonkey on April 1st, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

For those wanting a Jak and Daxter on PS3, this is probably not Jak 4. Jak 4, if it exists, will still be done by Naughty Dog. I hope so anyway.

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Are you guys serious? You really believe this?

NEWS FLASH:

It’s APRIL F’NG FOOLS DAY!

Look how generic those screens are…thye look like an art students senior project!

LOOK AT THE GAME DESCRIPTION! It’s the most generic thing I’ve ever read!

And the poster? Simply “Design Guru?”

THIS IS SO FAKE!

I can’t believe there are people in here flipping out about this. FOOLS!

Nice work PSBlog! This is hilarious!

+ MikeL_USMC on April 1st, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

ok ok i like the psp game but when is jak going to be a ps3 game ?! cmon we have been waiting for a long time !!!

+ MikeL_USMC on April 1st, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

hopefully those are psp screen shots!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 1st, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

If this is a joke i’ll be really pissed, Daxter is one of my favorite PSP games.

The pics shown above are from which version?

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar

+ Lesley Mathieson on April 1st, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

The screenshots shown are from the PSP version.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 1st, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

They’re PSP sized screens but look like PS3 graphics, quite confusing.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 1st, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

PS2** stupid typo

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

:facepalm:

I can’t believe there are people falling for this…

+ FearMonkey on April 1st, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

IGN says that Sony swears that this is real.

+ enewtabie on April 1st, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

@111
What about the people who think it’s fake? lol
picardgrimace.gif

+ EvoAnubis on April 1st, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

Ha ha, guys!

+ EvoAnubis on April 1st, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

For those that aren’t getting the joke, click on the site for the developer and read their site. If you can’t tell it’s a gag after that, you’re beyond my help.

+ IZY2091 on April 1st, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

im going to dismiss this as a april fools joke the graphics are too low and the story dosn’t flow with the last jak game

+ Xoonaka on April 1st, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

If Sony is gonna keep releasing games for PS2, it’d be appreciated if they force developers to support current PS3 emulation software. They do want PS3 owners buying it too, right?

+ enewtabie on April 1st, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

@114
You’ve never been on their site before? lol haha Well this has been fun.

+ jediryan123 on April 1st, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

where is my ps3 version of jak and daxter. please make a ps3 version PLEASE

+ Netweb on April 1st, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

april… but..

PLAYSTATION 3!!!!!!!!!!

+ Neil on April 1st, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Can’t wait for the PS3 one myself. I hope it’s a reboot of the series.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 1st, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

I am pretty sure this is real, Sony sent out press releases to video game sites. If this is a joke it’s a pretty damn convincing one considering none of the sites i’ve read are treating this as a “april fools joke”.

+ victorlee163 on April 1st, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

boooo forget ps2 lets get some jak on ps3….and whats the deal with 2.70 man

+ Dehshizknight on April 1st, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Guys, I’m sure a PS3 one will come straight from Naughty Dog but they really got a hit on their hands with Uncharted 2; remember, they have said they were a “one project studio” whereas Insomniac has multiple projects going on at once.

Anyways, I’ve played both High Impact developed games on the PSP and they are some of my favorite on the platform. I’d love to see them show some PS3 love, though :)

+ enewtabie on April 1st, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

@121 spot on my man..It’s fun to see people getting fooled by a real post in a sort of bizarro April Fool’s way.

+ Fourtharmy on April 1st, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

OMG?!

*Reads calendar…*

*Disregards*

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Fake! If it’s real than the story, graphics, and fact that it’s been taken away from Naughty Dog represents an unforgivable travesty. Just read that story description…terrible!!

+ Christian_Josh on April 1st, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

What happen to Ready at Dawn Studios?

+ Zookey on April 1st, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Is this April Fools? Or for real?

+ GHenrik on April 1st, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

I got to dwell in with the people here. The images is photos of Jak taken from behind with obvious low res textures all around. If this is true I would not give Lesley Mathieson another chance to promote a new game. O.o

Sorry mate

+ Tikicobra on April 1st, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Better be an April Fools joke. Seriously High Impact, don’t do this.

+ enewtabie on April 1st, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

Here’s a little better desc. from the release.

Picking up from where the original Jak and Daxter trilogy left off, Jak and furry friend Daxter team up with their friend Kiera on her quest to become a Sage and save their world from the threat of darkness. As the environment of their planet slowly dies, our two worldly heroes embark on a mission to protect their world from the threat of “dark eco”.

+ davivman on April 1st, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

In all seriousness, I wish somebody would make a new Jak & Daxter game, although I still have to finish the third one.

+ NeodeosX on April 1st, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Oh come on !! This HAS TO be a joke…

Not that I’m not glad to see Jak & Dax making their comeback… but wtf ? On PSP/PS2 ?!

Ratchet & Clank made their comeback on PS3 and it was amazing… why the Jak & Dax saga could not benefit from such a great treatment too ?

The screenshots look good for PSP… but terrible for PS2, and what is going on with the art direction ? This is Jak & Dax in Ratchet land or what ?

+ EXLONOX on April 1st, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

April fools!

+ akadewboy on April 1st, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Those screenshots look way too good to be for PSP, and since PS2 games are not widescreen it seems suspicious.

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar

+ Lesley Mathieson on April 1st, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

We\’re happy to hear that they look way too good for the PSP because they are in fact PSP screenshots!

+ Christian_Josh on April 1st, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Have any of you beatened Jak X Combat Racing? Rayn tricked the team and now she’s the new Druglord of Haven City. When will a game be made to complete this story arc?

+ EVanHelsing on April 1st, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Sony: Stop MURDERING your franchises!

Crash Bandicoot also died because it changed developers. I was a fan of Crash on the original Playstation, and anticipated the next installment coming out on the more powerful PS2. All my friends were! But shortly before the release of “Wrath of Cortex”, a friend read in a magazine that it would be made by a different developer (this was the first time I heard about developers). I had the money set aside and everything, but I didn’t buy it because it changed developers, none of us did. Something similar happened with Spyro too. We all followed the developer to Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank, instead of following the characters.

Now the same mistake is happening to Jak & Daxter! Not that High Impact Games is a bad developer, but with Jak already on it’s way downhill (the first game was brilliant, but in the later games changed the combat and made it lame phony-“xtreme”) a change of developers will no doubt be the final nail in Jak’s coffin!

Please, oh please, don’t subject Sly Cooper to the same fate.

+ butterflybangs on April 1st, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

So…Maybe Naughty Dog will announce Jak 5 at E3 this year.

._.

so far away….

+ remanutd5 on April 1st, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

man this better be a joke , isnt jack and daxter: the lost frontier a ps3 game??? dont get me wrong i have a psp and a 60 gb ps3 so i can play it whenever it comes out but i was expecting a new jack and daxter game on the ps3 , come on Naughty Dog make it happen

+ r-nice on April 1st, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Hardy har har Sony!

+ Lucreto on April 1st, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

I am conflicted about this. I am looking forward for a Jak game for a while and I am happy there is a new one but why put it on the PS2 or PSP? I was hoping to put it on PSN and I hope you will.

I think if this is real and not an April fools you should have waited until tomorrow for the announcement.

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

@137

relax,,it’s a joke.

+ FearMonkey on April 1st, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

From IGN:

“Aching to know more than the basic facts Sony’s been nice enough to dole out? Well, as luck would have it, IGN is going to have the first look at the title this afternoon. That’s right, scope out IGN PSP or IGN PS2 around 3 p.m. PST today, and your socks should be rocked.”

+ jadjohnny on April 1st, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

This have to BE a April’s fool joke? right? RIGHT!?

+ Stoffinator on April 1st, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

I hope this is a joke. Why PSP and PS2?

+ DeforMAKulizer on April 1st, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JAK AND DAXTER!!!! =D
Look at my avatar :P
Can’t wait to play it on the PSP!!! =D
Can’t wait to see the duo on PS3 as well! =D

+ Spedfrom on April 1st, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Where’s my PS3 version of Jak & Daxter?! I hope this is a silly April’s Fools joke…

+ Bencherstyle on April 1st, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

this is utter disgusting news, im sorry but that is the best way to put it. i am disgusted that ND would even consider giving up the J&D legacy (although they have done it in the past) but this is not JAK AND DAXTER ANY MORE! this is some decent platformer that is not jak and daxter. if anybody wants to make did, get rid of the Jak and Daxter Name. i am disgusted, i’ve been a Jak 1 – Jak x fan for years and been waiting for a proper game.

if this even gets made. i will be dissapointed.

please tell me this is April’s Fools day Joke.

please.