PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Jak & Daxter Are BACK!

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar + Posted by Lesley Mathieson on Apr 01, 2009 // Design Guru

If there wasn’t enough excitement from GDC last week, here’s even more! We are happy to announce that Jak & Daxter are coming to the PSP and PS2!

Developed by High Impact Games, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier takes the intrepid pair all the way to the edge of the world. There they must battle their way past air pirates and sinister creatures in their quest to find a cure for the world’s eco shortage. Keep an eye out for this title to be available later this year!

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Brink Castaway

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshotost Frontier screenshot Brink Volcano

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshot Brink Castaway 2

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ tolkienfanatic on April 1st, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Hell to the yes! Wish it was for PS3, though :\

+ heatseeker on April 1st, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

nice i only wish it was a graphical improvement on the ps3…would have been nice to do uncharted 2 then jak on ps3

+ Bencherstyle on April 1st, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

does anybody even see the screenshots? im not talking about the graphics, i dont give a penny about that! im talking about the mossters and even the guns.

WHERE IS THE JAK FEEL TO IT?!

look at a [DELETED] monsters, does that even look close to a Jak game???? no it does not, and whoever thinks it is , must be mixing Ratchet and Jak up.

take a look at the frikin guns? ….. im not even going to point out the mistakes.

maybe im going nuts for nothing… but this is just sad

+ StargamerX on April 1st, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

OMG YES! Wait… NO! Well… AHH! IDK!

+ ChainClutch on April 1st, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

sounds like a april fools joke. first off i thought “Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier” was a PS3 upcoming title, and by the looks of those screen shots, it looks like a very poor game, those textures are beyond poor. on the other hand a new Jak game for the PSP is believable, but a new jak game for the PS2? that makes no sense. Also the only games im aware of that HIGHIMPACTGAMES handles are the Ratchet & Clank series.. they made Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank… why are they now doing a Jak game which is not even a insomniac title..

+ katsuo7171 on April 1st, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

Hey meybe I should go pick up the PS2 now for 100 bucks. No wait I can get it on PSP…. EH

+ Jeigh on April 1st, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

I just hope that the model of Jak being shown is an April Fools joke. Something very… not right there.

+ lalaloveppears on April 1st, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Making this kind of post on April 1st is cruel and unusual.

+ Equalizerr on April 1st, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

It is obviously a joke.

+ Gunblader_ on April 1st, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

I love jak and daxter, too bad it’s not for PS3 (or developed by Naughty Dog). I’ll pick it up anyway, just need to decide which platform to get it on.

+ NashTheSlash on April 1st, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

When will we see a Keef the Thief sequel?

+ Firerhea on April 1st, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Will the PS2 version at least look as good, if not better, than Jak 3? Because these screens look significantly worse but I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by assuming it’s the PSP version.

+ Razgriz1Ace on April 1st, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Interesting…..

i wonder why jeff or chris havent made a comment about it or the person responsible for the post. -_-

+ StargamerX on April 1st, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Hey, High Impact, if it’s true, why isn’t it on your site?!

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar

+ Lesley Mathieson on April 1st, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Because they\’re too busy making the game to update the site. :)

HIG\’s website will be updated with the news shortly. Keep checking back!

+ Gunwing on April 1st, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

YES! PSP LOVE IS IN THE AIR! THANKYOU VARY MUTCH! God I love being a PSP owner!

+ cory46 on April 1st, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

NO PS3
that sucks
NO Naughty dog
that sucks

+ ManaKnight on April 1st, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Seriously, I don’t get it. People were complaining about Sony seeming to forget the PSP and seemed to only care about the PS3. When Sony makes PSP announcements finally (which people complained didn’t exists), they complain about them not being on PS3. Sony is not just PS3, they are supporting multiple platforms in the PlayStation family, and I’m very happy to see them get healthy support.

Although I would like to see this game appear on PSN too (just make it an HD scaled PS2 game selling at whatever price the PSP/PS3 version sell at), to give any PlayStation fan a chance to get the game.

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

not true

+ King_KDawgg on April 1st, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

I’ll definitly get this, but I REALLY want a PS3 J&D! I know Naughty Dog is on Uncharted 2 right now, but hopefully they will revisit Jak next. Or, I bet Ready at Dawn could handle a PS3 Jak game. Daxter and God of War on PSP were both excellent.

+ King_KDawgg on April 1st, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

sorry for the dp, but i just noticed Daxter has his pants from the end of Jak 3 in the screen shots lol XD

+ hvitdverg on April 1st, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

OMG OMG !! IF this is not an april’s fool im gonna [DELETED] cry :(

I have been waiting for a ps3 version of this awesome game but a ps2 release? WTF
Ps2 games look like [DELETED] on my Samsung Le32A656 I NEED HD games ! PS3!!

You better tell us if it’s a april’s fool or not :(

+ lulvrhJnyuLa on April 1st, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

hmmm, doesn’t look exactly right. I mean even for a ps2 game the graphic quality isint quite what I would expect. The game was announced, sorta a long time ago and everyone would think it would be for the PS3. Though it does sorta go with the ps2 pricedrop yesterday. And being on April Fools…. I dont trust it. But if it is true im not arguing I love Jak and Daxter games!

+ jipmg on April 1st, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

JAW DROPS

OMFG WTF!!

+ t-unit07 on April 1st, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

come one Naughty Dog? They should have alternated games like Insomniac does with R&C and Resistance. I would love to see a ps3 version of Jak and Daxter instead of Uncharted 2 this year. This sucks since i loved the Jak trilogy on ps2 and wanted to see it transition to the ps3, i hope it does eventually

+ Lanmanna on April 1st, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Wow. Guys, use some common sense. Why would they randomly make an April Fool’s for J&D? Motorstorm Arctic? PSP AND PS2! Size Matters? PSP and PS2! Twisted Metal? PSP and PS2? Need I go on?

+ dj128 on April 1st, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Thank the Lord. Jak is finally coming to PSP.

+ EvoAnubis on April 1st, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Ok, Lesley. If you say it’s not a gag, I’ll believe you.

+ HawkEyes1 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Balony!!! This is a Prank from Sony..lol They did not announce this at the GDC 2009 Nice Try Sony!..Yeah quit slacking off and get that Firmware 2.70 patch done already the same goes for the 1.12 Patch for Little Big Planet!.Peace!

+ Draicus on April 1st, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Upres some of textures and slap this on the PSN store, please.

+ ashisthebest on April 1st, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

WTF

We love your games but dude…size matters for ps2 failed

Please High Impact show us what you can do on the Ps3..

BTW leave jak & daxter for the psp…its gonna be sick on the psp xD
Mking the best hand held even better

xD

+ MysticMoon on April 1st, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

I don’t think I could ever be more furious then I am right now. THIS BETTER BE A JOKE.
I consider myself one of the biggest Jak & Daxter fans EVER.

New developer?
PS2?

COME OOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my Naughty dog to deliver their franchise In a TRUE PlayStation 3 high powered sequel. DDONT LET IT DIE WITH A NEW DEV LIKE CRASH PLEAAASE!!!!!!!!!!! JOKE????

Throughout all my life of gaming i’ve never been more confused/upset. I love Jak & Daxter so much……

+ StargamerX on April 1st, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Ok, IGN gets a first look ALREADY on a SURPRISE announcement of the game on APRIL 1ST?! No.

+ mafecto on April 1st, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

so it’s true…sorry for all my obnoxious posts

+ EmperorKorea on April 1st, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

what’s with the PSP PS2 cross platform games? is this supposed to encourage peeps to buy a PSP? everyone will just get the PS2 version.

+ IceColdKilla44 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

This is both a huge YAY and a huge WTF for me.

I’m gonna be honest; the moment I saw the name “Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier” on IGN 3 years ago, I was hoping we’d see another jak game on PS3. Now here I see it’s announced for the PS2 and PSP.

I like having another Jak game on PSP (I’ll probably buy the PS2 version as well anyway) but I REALLY want a Jak game on PS3.

Naughty Dog PLEASE tell me you’re working on that and not Uncharted 3 Already.

+ KazeEternal on April 1st, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Wasn’t this slated for PS3? More importantly would High Impact be opposed to picking up the next God of War for PSP considering the other guys bailed.

+ dreu81 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

lol

seriously though, the joke should have been:

“MGS4 Being Ported to 360 by end of ’09. Enraged fans riot in London.”

+ gamefan67 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

how come u guys didn’t make it on ps3

+ Thrasher20 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Nice to see support for the last gen console! But it would have been more better if it was on Playstation 3 ;)

+ TubaDude49 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Why not PS3? What about using that uncharted engine?

+ eureka007 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

wow, dont beleive it, looks really crappy and who the hell is high impact games. ver much an april fools!!!!!

+ sNsKid on April 1st, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Jak & Daxter ftw. I loved the 3 main games. Spinoffs are lame.

+ Lanmanna on April 1st, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

@eureka007
Google is your friend.

You guys are just picking at straws because it is April Fools. If it was any other day you guys would believe it. >_>

+ angelcoma on April 1st, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

In for one copy on PS2. I have a PSP but….. I like playing it on my PS2 :)

I’m actually playing threw the Jak trilogy this month, so having this come out will be nice.

Do you guys have a better release window outside ‘Later this year’?

+ Lucreto on April 1st, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

What happens if you sold your PS2 and don’t have a PSP or backwards compatability will it appear on PSN?

+ curlyfry07 on April 1st, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Cool,does anyone know the exact release date of the game?

+ davivman on April 1st, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

I’m glad to hear this is not a joke. PS2 development has dwindled to a mere shadow of what it was a few years ago. If developers make a steady stream of good software for the PS2, there is no reason why it can’t have a 15 year life cycle.

+ opsh18 on April 1st, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

what does jak look so weird. I like the old jak.

+ GSeussP on April 1st, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

If this is indeed real, do you know how sad it makes me that neither is it on the PS3 nor is Naughty Dog developing it. Epic sad face- :’-(

+ ShadowTalyis on April 1st, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

I notice it doesnt chow his face very well and why would you remake it for the ps2 it looks more like a remake than a sequel!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7