PS4 - Destiny

Jak & Daxter Are BACK!

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar + Posted by Lesley Mathieson on Apr 01, 2009 // Design Guru

If there wasn’t enough excitement from GDC last week, here’s even more! We are happy to announce that Jak & Daxter are coming to the PSP and PS2!

Developed by High Impact Games, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier takes the intrepid pair all the way to the edge of the world. There they must battle their way past air pirates and sinister creatures in their quest to find a cure for the world’s eco shortage. Keep an eye out for this title to be available later this year!

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Brink Castaway

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshotost Frontier screenshot Brink Volcano

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshot Brink Castaway 2

PAGE 1 5 6 7

+ klondikebar2 on April 9th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

^ps: i had the oh-do-mighty post #300! SPARTA!!!!

+ ib_killa05 on April 12th, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
just found out

+ PREDATOR_Reaper on April 12th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

That’s great, but couldn’t it be for AT LEAST PSN. Also, chances are it’s a port from PSP to PS2, which most likely won’t end well. The graphics are also horrible compared to the other Jak games.

Nevertheless, it’s GREAT to see another Jak game come our way. Now, where’s ND with their PS3 Jak announcement? Hopefully, not too far off. This game’s definitely a purchase for me.

+ EDDY2005 on April 13th, 2009 at 5:01 am said:

yes baby im so happy jak&daxter are back im so happy i can’t wait to play it on my psp system woo hoo i love the playstation.blog

+ beardio09 on April 13th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

this is not a april foools it true i want soon ive got a ps2

+ Eriktron77 on April 15th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

i love jak and daxter i have almost all the jak games exept the first one still can’t find it but still i want for ps3 just imagne how good it would look jak with super high graphics.

+ IrDonutman on April 15th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

how come no ps3 version they even said.
Oh well good thing I gots ps2. :D

+ barnaclejoe on April 17th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

well, I will keep my eyes on this game.

I stopped playing Crash Bandicoot after Naughty Dog handed the franchise off to a new developer, and I am tempted to do the same thing here.

I know that ND likes to create a new franchise and focus on that, with each new system they work on. However, I have to say, I was hoping they’d make a Jak and Daxter game for the PS3 this time around.

I realize a lot of people love Uncharted, but the gunplay is not really my style, so I sort of got left behind this gen.

Darn!

+ mail_nz on April 17th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

awesome looks great cant wait

+ Krisboy8000 on April 18th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

The graphics are a little not what I expected
from PS2. I saw better graphics from the same series on the same console. It might be the type of TV…

+ shatfurbrains on April 18th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

God @#$%^%^$%$$% Stupid $$%$W#@$ why Couldent it be on PS3

+ Satish13 on April 19th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

I’m sorta glad it didn’t get released for PS3, because its roots are PS2, just like how Crash Bandicoot was PS1 until Universal Interactive took it over. But yeah plus with the news so far I’d rather wait for a better story lined and possibly bigger installment for the PS3. I hope this one ends it though, so they can move on and make another badass game based off this one.
P.S. morphgun = epic!

+ SKELLY7 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Looks good. I’ll definetly check it out for my PSP.

+ kaelinronkus on April 20th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

What?! A Ps2 game?? I REFUSE TO BUY THIS GAME UNLESS IT IS ON THE PS3. The Jak series is one of my favorites, and i want a next gen Jak!!

+ starburst121 on April 20th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

Some people are complaining that this is not on the Ps3. Listen! Naughty Dog has been working on Uncharted 2 this whole time? Also, it was just a few weeks ago everyone was complaining the PSP was dying! Be happy!

+ melissaf16 on April 22nd, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

th3y b3tt3r make3 iht for ps3 or 3ls3 im gunna b3 f,n mad dam f-u h8t3r$

+ WESFUN on April 24th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

ill beleave it when it comes out on PS3 or PS2

+ emcraw on April 26th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

thank goodness it is on the ps2. i dont have the money for a ps3. but Naughty Dog should have created it and by the look of the pictures it needs better graphics. But i still appreciate that it is on an older system, im still 16 and i still im in search of a job.

+ Eriktron77 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

Three words people Ratchet and Jak.please it would be the best game ever imagine dark ratchet.

+ emcraw on April 27th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

ratchet and jak is the worst jak game i have ever played, i thought it would be better then ratchet and clank, worst game ever, but it was almost as bad. naughty dog should have made jak 4, their games at least are actually fun! a game about dark ratchet would be even worse then ratchet and clank, i know games and naughty dog not making this game is a major mistake im going to buy this game just to bad mouth it on youtube. i think whoever decided to put these more on’s in charge of this game was a fool who will lose alot of money, because of this blunder.

+ randomman900 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Finally a new jak and daxter game after 3 years I hope there are new eco powers and weapons. I just hope sly cooper comes back as well after infamous.

+ randomman900 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

I hope its as good as naughty dogs version I cant let what happen to crash and spyro happen to me again

+ Daxter-776 on April 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

OMG! Jak and Daxter is my favorite game series of all time! (hence my name) ohhhhh YES!! And not as another stinking racing game!!! Bow chika bow wow!!!

PAGE 1 5 6 7