The Last Guardian

Apr 02

Apr 02

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

“PSN Spring Fever ” continues this week, featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download! Highlighting this week is Qore Episode 11, for free!

Qore

Qore Annual Subscription – April 2009 ($24.99)
Qore: Presented by the PlayStation Network is a monthly interactive video production covering the world of PlayStation. Qore provides its audience with exclusive behind-the-scenes access to developers and their games, from both the SCE Worldwide Studios and the third-party community, where the audience member can freely navigate through the content.
File size: 1.28 GB

Qore Episode 11 April 2009 (free)
Episode 11 of Qore: Presented by the PlayStation Network explores the creative process behind the music of inFamous, visits the Seattle-based developers of Fat Princess, takes a look at the upcoming Red Faction: Guerrilla, and spotlights the innovative games pushing the boundaries of interactive media on the PlayStation Network. In addition, this month’s downloadable content includes an exclusive Fat Princess theme.
File sizes: 1.28 GB

Media

“Killzone 2 Behind the Bullet” (free)
You’ve seen the Killzone 2 TV commercial, called “Bullet,” which brought the incredible detail in the game to life by showcasing the game’s technology – only made possible by the power of the PlayStation 3. Now go “Behind the Bullet” to get an inside look at the making of the commercial that perfectly captures the intensity and chaos of war on Helghan.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 190 MB

Downloadable Games

Comet Crash ($9.99)
Real-time strategy is taken to a new level by blending classical tower defense gameplay with offensive counterattacks and dynamic AI. Defend your territory with a variety of weapons. Use specialized units to fight off attacks and rush your enemies with massive armies.
Fight your way through action packed levels in the Campaign or challenge your friends in Battle mode. Stunning 1080p graphics with music by Synaesthesia.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 182 MB

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet Patapon Costume Pack ($1.99)
PATA-PATA-PATA-PON! Everyone’s favorite musical warrior tribe has marched to LittleBigPlanet! Grab costumes and weapons from the Patapon universe to make your SackBoy a member of the Patapon Tribe!
Patapon 2 releases on PSP systems May 5th, 2009.
File size: 1.04 MB

PAIN: Brock Lee Character ($0.99)
Forget the hype over mixed martial arts popping up everywhere because PAIN’s gi-wearing launchee is an old-school purist. Brock Lee doesn’t need a close-quarters submission hold to inflict some PAIN, this black belt can unleash flying kicks straight across any PAIN environment you please! Download this new Add-on character now, complete with his own sound effects, costumes, and collision-proof afro.
File size: 100 KB

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Isles of Conflict Map Pack (free)
The beloved Command & Conquer franchise makes its debut on the PS3 in the Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition! Now enhanced for the PS3 with bonus footage and exclusive content not found anywhere else! Download this exclusive map pack and wage war across three new battlegrounds and crush your opponents!
File size: 124 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “I Can’t Keep My Eyes Off of You”— SpongeBob SquarePants ($0.99)
  • “The Best Day Ever”— SpongeBob SquarePants ($0.99)
  • “Where’s Gary?”— SpongeBob SquarePants ($0.99)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01 ($2.99) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01. This pack includes: “The Best Day Ever,” “Where’s Gary?,” and “I Can’t Keep My Eyes Off of You” by SpongeBob SquarePants.
  • “Geraldine”— Glasvegas ($1.99)
  • “Don’t Stop Believing”— Journey ($1.99)
  • “Heartbreaker”— Pat Benatar ($1.99)
  • “C’mon C’mon”— The Von Bondies ($1.99)

File sizes: 17 MB – 34 MB (singles), 60 MB (track pack)

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com

• “Debaser” by The Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Monkey Gone To Heaven” by The Pixies ($1.99)
  • “The Sad Punk” by The Pixies ($1.99)
  • The Pixies Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “The Sad Punk”, “Monkey Gone to Heaven”, and “Debaser” by The Pixies. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 32 MB – 36 MB (singles), 99 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

Killzone 2 TV Spot (Short)
File size: 12 MB (HD) 18 MB (1080)

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time Teaser Trailer
File size: 53 MB (HD) 86 MB (1080)

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Launch Trailer
File size: 81 MB (1080)

Modern Warfare 2 Teaser
File size: 81 MB (HD) 116 MB (1080)

Wanted: Weapons of Fate Launch Trailer
File size: 57 MB

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Obsessed Theatrical Trailer
File size: 33 MB (SD) 114 MB (HD) 175 MB (1080)

Beverly Hills Chihuahua Featurette
File size: 66 MB (SD)

PS3 Themes

PAIN: Brock Lee Character Theme (free)
File size: 1.77 MB

MLB Team Themes – Pack 3 (x5) (includes Brewers, Mets, Twins, White Sox, and Yankees) (free)
File sizes: 1.64 MB – 1.69 MB

Wallpaper (free)

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Hero Wallpaper
File size: 134 KB (SD) 199 KB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

7 Wonders of the Ancient World UMD Legacy ($9.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Travel through ancient lands, as you match three same-colored magical runes to supply your workers with the building stones needed to create the 7 Wonders.
Time is short and the challenge is great. Collect valuable power-ups and keep a watchful eye out for secret bonuses. See if you have what it takes to conquer this action-adventure puzzler as you experience the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 18 MB

Game Videos (free)

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time Teaser Trailer
File size: 7.78 MB

PSP Themes

MLB Team Themes – Pack 3 (x5) (includes Brewers, Mets, Twins, White Sox, and Yankees) (also available from PS3 storefront) (free)
File sizes: 510 KB – 538 KB

Add Your Own

indyhan said:

April 2nd, 4:14 pm

Seriously, you have Pedroia on the cover, put the Red Sox theme up ASAP!…that and PLEASE start putting out at least a demo a week, there are plenty of games that come out now.

wardragon989 said:

April 2nd, 4:30 pm

When is Europe going to get that Killzone ad thing =(

acerazer1 said:

April 2nd, 4:40 pm

Solid update, likin them earlier too. I’ll definitely be getting that NYY theme, going to the grand opening of the Stadium tomorrow night. Go ahead, be jealous.

LordChocoSlime said:

April 2nd, 4:43 pm

[This post ONLY refers to this week’s PS Store for PSP Update.]

None of this week’s PSP stuff interest me at all, but at least it’s better than NOT receiving new PSP content. Thanks nonetheless.

Mirauder said:

April 2nd, 4:43 pm

I was hoping for Silent Hill for ps1 classic. I still haven’t gotten my vouchers for Syphon Filter and HF Bowling..I don’t even know who to E-mail about it.Looks like I’ll get comet crash anyway.

redknight4 said:

April 2nd, 5:04 pm

found out form people the full version of the ps3 edition of crystal defenders is in full english. I alredy knew the demo is in english.

here is the video proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQbo6z-iLO0

Ahmay said:

April 2nd, 5:11 pm

Dear Sony…

we need more playstation eye games..

Fluidshine said:

April 2nd, 5:18 pm

Woohoo!!! Spongebob Squarepants for Rockband!!! I don’t have rockband but i’m excited anyway haha lol….no. Great update though!!! Comet Crash looks fun! and I just finished downloading Qore April.

cell989 said:

April 2nd, 5:24 pm

wait a minute….. oh yeah Burn Zombie Burn came out last week.

Nice update, but then again where are my classic PS1 games? nowhere to be seen….

Zookey said:

April 2nd, 5:36 pm

More PSone games please……

thor_604 said:

April 2nd, 6:14 pm

Where’s the Sonic Unleashed DLC?????

European store just got it!! :[

Brad1337 said:

April 2nd, 6:26 pm

Don’t Stop Believing for Rock Band? Can you say awesome?

Korlithiel said:

April 2nd, 6:57 pm

Lame update, any chance it will be made up for by an update to the PSP allowing for direct downloads of videos?

If not, and I think many more would care on this note, maybe some more Playstation games would be nice.

Midgetguy said:

April 2nd, 7:10 pm

Nice update! The Killzone Behind the Scenes thing was cool!

Still though, this update seems like it’s missing something… Maybe it’s a demo or two… a PS1 game… I dunno, something though!

Either way, it was satisfying.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

April 2nd, 8:10 pm

great, I want the KZ2 media.

AKidNamedJustin said:

April 2nd, 8:29 pm

Awesome episode of Qore. My yearly subscription is starting to pay off!

Calling all Cars, High Velocity Bowling, and Linger in Shadows all free…Awesome!

thisius said:

April 2nd, 9:17 pm

Hey when are you going to step up and hook up Warhawk. Its been quite some time. how do i fix 80710723 error message?

HeroKane said:

April 2nd, 10:49 pm

I hope someone at sony reads this, as my issue is one I’m sure I share with many others. I am feeling a bit jilted with Qore. 1. The information and news we get through Qore is information we have already received through main stream media. Maybe they could do a few announcements through Qore before mainsteam once and a while. 2. More early demos, other than R2 beta and KZ2 demo not much to get excited about. 3. Free PSN games, not much to get excited about when you already paid full price for games that Qore gives for free, just makes me not want to buy anymore PSN games. Possible Idea- Give Qore subscribers a PSN credit for half the cost of any game they have purchased that Qore gives for free. Any way, thats my 2 cents. Please Sony, Just make Qore something worth having. Right now as is, I will not be renewing my Qore subscription. Thank You. HeroKane.

Viprdude said:

April 3rd, 12:14 am

Where is the Phillies 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS theme?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

MUGEN02 said:

April 3rd, 12:24 am

Thanks to whoever fixed the DL speeds of PSN. The PS store is now taking full advantage of my bandwidth and got qore in 16 minutes.

Onna76_NL said:

April 3rd, 1:36 am

Hmmm Comet Crash and that PSP game both sound very interesting, nice! Much better update than the EU store.

Grz,
Anouschka, Holland

ewwHoofHearted said:

April 3rd, 1:46 am

Hey. Long time reader, first time commenter.

Pre-Qore subscription, I had purchased PAIN, High Velocity Bowling, and Calling All Cars, to name a few. I then purchased a Qore annual subscription as opposed to month by month to save on some cash. I buy a few more games from the PS store, including Linger in Shadows. Now Linger in Shadows, along with a lot of my purchased games, are free on Qore. What kind of rip-off is that? I’ve paid around $50 for games that are now free with a Qore subscription. How about some sort of a rebate or credit for these games I’ve purchased. Or, should I not buy them at all in hopes of them becoming free on Qore.

Also, it would be nice to get movie and television downloads up here through the store.

And finally, although I’m not happy with paying for freebies, I am happy and impressed with the PS3’s performance and capabilities despite what some may say on here.

ewwHoofHearted said:

April 3rd, 1:52 am

I hear ya HeroKane, and I agree with your ideas. I will not renew my subscription. Not to mention the free Qore episodes that I paid for, gimme my money back!

UnlimitedSevens said:

April 3rd, 2:00 am

Less than stellar store update, but it is balanced out by the awesome 2.70 firmware update.

ewwHoofHearted said:

April 3rd, 2:07 am

Why would anyone buy a Qore subscription starting this month? It’s free, get it in May.

Mazyx said:

April 3rd, 2:17 am

I have a problem with Qore and I hope someone can help me here.

I thought about finally getting a subscription to Qore this week for the free Bowling and Linger in Shadows. Pretty good deal I thought.
Except, Sony doesn’t want my money since the Annual Subscription item is gone from my Playstation Store.

I read somewhere that this is because I already got the free Ep this month, and once you download the current Ep, the subscription option disappears.
Well, that’s stupid.
If anyone knows if there is a way to still get the Qore Sub this month, please let me know. A reply from someone working at Sony would be much appreciated.
I wan to give you $25! Either you want it or you don’t.

Onna76_NL said:

April 3rd, 2:28 am

There aren’t many games being released at the moment, at least no blockbusters, so its no surpise you don’t see any demo’s in the PSN store right now.

digitalpowershot said:

April 3rd, 3:11 am

Killzone2 DLC please!

Leandro02 said:

April 3rd, 3:24 am

What I don’t understand:
Why doesn’t SCE offer Music and Concert video’s in the PSN-store ?
SonyMusic has so much labels and artists, offering their songs and concert would be a major advantage for the PS platform
I would really like to purchase AACs, albums and videos of concerts I could play and watch on my PS3, PSP, Walkman or Phone, and just pay for it with one single PSN account.

Sup3rfly-91 said:

April 3rd, 4:44 am

This is all cool, but we neeeeed demos, plz realease some soon :)

cyndilou said:

April 3rd, 6:19 am

Question for the PSN managers – why did I spend that much money on a Qore subscription if you’re going to keep devaluing the sub by giving issues out free?

Also, as commenter #8 mentioned – any chance of getting different vouchers for those of us who already purchased the free game drops for subscribers? As it is, less and less of the content is interesting to me; it’s a real bummer when I can’t even take advantage of the game vouchers because I already have those games.

PcFish said:

April 3rd, 7:04 am

Hey i noticed there was an English version of Catan on the chinese PSN store. Will the US be getting it any time soon? That game is addicting!

TERWALLACE said:

April 3rd, 7:16 am

Wait, PcFish you don’t mean Settlers do you? Because I’ve spent way too many late night gaming sessions singing “We built this city on rock and wheat” to pass that up.

DonnyG said:

April 3rd, 7:43 am

Please add a Boston Red Sox theme to the other The Show themes. Thanks.

Scodo_Thope said:

April 3rd, 7:44 am

nO dEMOs :(

RICKDOEZ1 said:

April 3rd, 9:40 am

I LOVE THE NEW CONTENT BUT WHEN CAN I GET ON MY XMB IN GAME CROSS CHAT!!!?
SHINE SONY SHINE

JDAWS said:

April 3rd, 11:29 am

PS3 needs additional functionality to be able to combine separate movie files into a single movie from start to finish.

Ex: HDTitle.part1 and HDTitle.part2 => appearing as HDTitle and playing from start to finish without having to manually end and begin the next file.

I can’t believe that I’m the only one who wants this with the FAT32 size limits on usb hard drives… anybody? I’m sick of watching movies in 3 parts…

D34DL1N3R said:

April 3rd, 12:36 pm

@138,

Just stream the single large file to your PS3. Problem solved. :)

And Sony… the Asian stores got the following PS1 Classics yesterday. Why are we continually being left out in the US?

Trapt
Dark Delusion
Touki Densetsu
River King
Harvest Moon

JDAWS said:

April 3rd, 1:57 pm

I’m fully aware of the streaming option, I’d just rather keep everything on a USB drive. Its a cleaner setup with all my movies right there… and my laptop sucks… and USB drives are 1TB for $120 which sweetens the pot.

Also, I don’t know why everybody gets on sony for not having demos every single week => Would you really download a Stormrise demo… really?

phinnv8 said:

April 3rd, 2:38 pm

Sony when are you going to go on the attack and kill the 360 already? It can’t be that hard but your just not willing to do it???

-Cross Chat support
-Backwards Compatibility
-Lower the price to $299

Do it all at once, make a big announcement with it, and do it when some big titles are coming out…. How hard would it be to win already?

PcFish said:

April 3rd, 2:59 pm

@TERWALLACE

EXACTLY. Settlers. There’s a crazy looking 3d one on the hong kong PSN store. It’s made from a different developer than the guys who made it for 360.

JDoObS said:

April 3rd, 3:17 pm

the japan store has at least 3x more things to download…what the hell is up with that..they have a ton of ps1 games at least 10 that i would buy…sony are u racist against america or somthing??….i dread getting rid of my 360…and the only reason i picked my ps3 over my 360 is cause of bluray movies…what a mistake!!!

ryanc08 said:

April 3rd, 5:29 pm

Thank goodness for The Red Faction demo, lol nothing here really catches my eye

iPollesion said:

April 3rd, 5:35 pm

At everyone who’s complaining about the updates… at least Sony gives us updates weekly.

luigidkm3 said:

April 3rd, 8:39 pm

where is bomberman ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sterdro said:

April 4th, 6:23 am

Why i can’t find patapon costume in ps store?

ddydydy said:

April 4th, 10:10 pm

Well, at least we got confirmation on the new Ratchet & Clank game. I was wondering when we’d get another one of those. Now all I need to do is get a PS3 some time this century.

Poopypirate said:

April 6th, 10:32 am

updates are coming out pretty early now a days

YODA798907 said:

April 7th, 9:34 am

Is it possible to please make the following Playstation Store changes? I have a 500G Hard Drive and I would like to get the most use out of my PS3!

1). HD movies to own not just rent, hopefully this is not a studio issue.

2). If it is capable to own HD movies, to show if it is in 720p or 1080p, so we can select which one we want to purchase.

3). An icon to show what movies we have already purchased (just like its done with the games we’ve purchased) so we dont have to repurchase a movie for those of us that do run into problems when upgrading our Hard Drive, we can just redownload the movie or movies we have already purchased!

Thank you!

MGO56 said:

April 7th, 12:49 pm

It would be a lot easier if we had the option to reply to other peoples comments.

I would also like a name change feature for 2 or 3 dollars, maybe even 5,like Xbox has. I garuntee at least 20% of the PSN gamers want to change their name.

Thanks!