PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Home News: EA Unveils The Godfather II Space, Capcom Refreshes RE5 + Special Events!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Apr 08, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Tomorrow, April 9th, is shaping up to be a milestone date in the ever-evolving world known as PlayStation Home…and we can’t wait for you all to log in and check out all the cool stuff we’ve had brewing!

First up, EA is launching their first PlayStation Home game space to support the newly-released The Godfather II game. This space will have a Texas Hold ‘Em table and will allow you a place to gather with your fellow PlayStation Home mobsters and tighten up your poker face before EA launches its highly-anticipated Sports Complex.

HOME GODFATHER space

HOME GODFATHER space

To celebrate the launch of The Godfather II space, we’ll be throwing our first Celebrity Poker tournament in-world Thursday night and we’re inviting you along to play a hand (or lose a hand, if you can’t settle your debts!). Decorate your avatar to resemble one of your favorite celebrities and then get ready to throw some cards. The party starts at 5:00pm PT (8:00pm EST) and ends when it ends.

On a similarly awesome note, Capcom is further demonstrating their support for all things PlayStation Home-related by refreshing the Resident Evil 5 game space. A new mini-game quest and a souvenir shop with new costumes will be available within the space, and much more. But the best part is that all of you Resident Evil 5 freaks will get a chance to further sharpen your zombie-slaying skills on Thursday, April 16th. Between the hours of 3:00pm and 7:00pm PT (6:00pm and 10:00pm EST), PlayStation Home Community Management team members CydoniaX, BuggieTechnica, and Locust_Star will be joining up with Capcom staff to launch into co-op games of RE5 with PlayStation Home users.

The sessions will last for one chapter or 20 minutes – whichever comes first. To participate, just be sure to show up at the Resident Evil 5 game space and have the game loaded into your PLAYSTATION 3. We’ll be looking for users with the game launching icon over their heads, and if we see you we’ll jump into your game. We’ll be dressed in either the new Chris or Sheva costumes. The question is, will you?

110 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SPOPS on April 8th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Awesome RE5 space is being updated. Thanks HOME Team.

+ WestSiide on April 8th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

pretty cool!

+ adolson on April 8th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Let me guess… This update to the RE5 Home space was already included in the previous RE5 Home space, and we have to pay $1.99 to unlock it?

+ SPOPS on April 8th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

@3 LOL is all I have to say :)

+ AtheniusWins on April 8th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Can’t wait to starting owning all my years playing Solitary has payed off.

+ skynidas on April 8th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Awesome, EA FTW!

+ HouseMorton on April 8th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

@3 You win the blog.
Hey Capcom, you planning on giving an official response to all the news sites accusing you of holding back content already on disc?

+ Kren420 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

very sweet news. I seem to go on Home more and more every day, Xi helps lots though lol

+ TwiztedR3DHead on April 8th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

hell yea ps rules

+ GoldenGotGame on April 8th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

I don’t know how to play poker, and I’m not really interested in RE5, but this a 5 rated post regardless. The support you guys are showing the community is much appreciated. Any chance of Godfather themed clothing in the mall?

+ TheHater2 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

When will voice chat make it back in HOME? It annoying to type and have your word censored. We are grown adults Sony, we don’t see every words to be censored

+ TheHater2 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

@7 HouseMorton
Capcom isn’t going to come out and say that. That why I don’t support them. They are cheating gamers who buy their product for $65+ and not get the full game. That like buying Killzone 2 and have to pay even more if you want to play the online multiplayer.

+ TheHater2 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

As for the EA home space. I cannot wait. Tomorrow I am getting my PS3 back from Sony and this is they first thing I am going to play. Keep it up HOME TEAM

+ infamousXX87XX on April 8th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

@ 7 …Im not standing up for Capcom but have u everybody else ever thought about that Capcom included the Versus mode through the latest patch?

+ BabeBro on April 8th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Thank you so much for the update Locust! I miss chatting with you man, say hi sometimes, makes us early beta testers feel special when you still remember us :o)

+ Zookey on April 8th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Cool that HOME is expanding…..

But yeah Capcom has been totally [DELETED] as of late—if they are so dedicated to multi platform where is LP2 for PS3? Granted, the LP series sucks but still they said they were going to not be bias towards anyone–but then they go ahead and do so when it is convienient for them.

+ mountain_duwe on April 8th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

nice update…can’t wait to see the RE5 space updated. what time do you think it’ll be updated by tomorrow?

+ GamerMoney on April 8th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

@11

not everyone are adults, not since open beta started in dec….anyways, i’m so ready for poker, i’ll be in my flavor flav avatar

+ BuggieTechnica on April 8th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Hey folks,

As Locust points out, we’re having a celebrity poker night where everyone comes customized as their favorite famous icon. We’ll be discussing and organizing all of these shenanigans over at the PlayStation Forums-

Hope to see you at the tables!

+ TheHater2 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

@GamerMoney
Ah true. There is a lot of kids in HOME. But don’t you have to be 18 or old to use HOME? If that they case, then they shouldn’t be in home at all. They are underage.

+ MiltonMafia on April 8th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Yes 20th!!!

+ nv_Los on April 8th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

@3 LOL

+ MiltonMafia on April 8th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

@20

your a loser

+ acmilanboy on April 8th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Support seams great, but GOD Father 2 is extremely mediocre game.

+ TheHater2 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

@ 20 and 22 MiltonMafia
Did you just called youself a loser? hahahahahaha

+ nv_Los on April 8th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

I think he did LOL

+ smokey_vols on April 8th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Celebrity poker? Who is going to be there lol? I’ll check out the new RE5 stuff. I wouldn’t really call it a milestone though. Now picture frames, tvs, and radios will be a milestone.

+ Thrasher20 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Oh snapple! I’m a big Resident Evil 5 enthusiast! So I will be sure to check the new stuff on Home tomorrow. I’m going to ask my co-op buddy if she wants to try it out!

+ katsuo7171 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Nice I like your weekly updates that you guys make to support Home. However can somebody teach me poker, I’ve played it before when I went to the casino on my 20th birthday but I didn’t get it what so ever.

My PSN ID is Katsuo7171

+ Thrasher20 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

@ 3

LMAO

+ Audioboxer on April 8th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Nice update.

I assume the poker setup in this is a “lite” version of the EA complex?

On that note, any hints at a release frame for the EA complex?

Thanks :)

+ Sekoku on April 8th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

No, you only had to be 18 to get into the Beta (for legal reasons). Since the open it’s been open to 13+.

But I do agree the censor is a bit stupid on some words. At least they fixed the relative “Hell” problem. (“****o!” “What?”)

+ Thrasher20 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

@ katsuo7171,

You can search Youtube videos, it might help out a lot ;) That’s how I learned poker, but now I forgot how to play it haha

+ spidersparlor on April 8th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

I would love to do the RE thing, but since I first put the game in my PS3 it will no longer read disc based PS3 games.

All other games and media work. Even called support, was supposed to get an email to set up RMA. Never happened.

Barely over one year old and now it won’t read PS3 games. Too much fun.

+ MiltonMafia on April 8th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

haha

+ angelcoma on April 8th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Question, Why do we need a Godfather space? Does the game have multiplayer?

+ Letters2Kay on April 8th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

“We’ll be dressed in either the new Chris or Sheva costumes. The question is, will you?”

Yes, yes I will. I already vowed to stop spending money in Home since I never really use it and every decoration I buy always resets after updates, but I’ll be supporting the Capcom Home content… and I can’t get enough of Resident Evil 5. If there’s any costumes I want to rock, it’ll be those. I just hope they look better than the SF4 ones, because they were butt-ugly. Chun-Li’s clothes are too baggy, Guile looked like he benched about 45 pounds, and Ken & Ryu looked like cheap knock-offs. They were a little beefier than Guile, but all four characters were proportioned totally wrong. I’ll keep my hopes up for the RE5 set, though…

+ GGCAN on April 8th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Thanks Locust_Star…I’ll have to check this out when it goes live.

I like the idea of the poker in the space as I have High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition and really have fun online in that game.

Keep the Home spaces coming !

+ Enigma777 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

I downloaded the new Wipeout HD patch and now my PS3 freezes at the Autosave information loading screen!!!

+ gamekoning on April 8th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

is it in eu to??

+ loklok10 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

have to wait and see what is going on.

+ StalkingSilence on April 8th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Looking forward to the Sports Complex.

+ TakiFuGu on April 8th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

CAPCOM is a joke. Everyone at Capcom are crooks. Sooner or later everyone will realize it and stop supporting their products.

Fake DLCs

Street Fighter IV & RE5. The content for both of those games were initially on the disc. All they do is sell you a 2mb code to unlock them.

+ Zezzler on April 8th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Any Unlockable items for playing the games?

+ JKC31 on April 8th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

It’s starting to turn the corner. I give you that much. That Cave of the whatever the hell it’s called was fun.

+ HerbertFortoon on April 8th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

I just wish you guys would put in some of the things that people want. Instead of going ahead with your silly schedule of things that are kind of stupid.

+ TakiFuGu on April 8th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

The are so greedy for our money but they cant even patch their older AAA titles with Trophy support.

Devil May Cry 4

+ xbtran on April 8th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

It’d be awesome if you guys made it so that we can bet real money on the poker games.. a guy can hope. Ahah.

+ IIIKAGEIII on April 8th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

love new home stuff. i have been playing the xi thingy, the game test area is sweet fun. can’t wait for more.

big news lol. i made my first purchase for my avatar a nice suit. looks pretty cool. i just bout it with some left over money i had from buying games off psn. works out alright.
one complaint though… there is not enough stuff to choose from in the eu store. bring out some more stuff like a sackboy costume or wolverine… and maybe you could add some more dances like turtle spin. home is really cool but the things that you do are really casual.
remember this is a game world… we can do anything.. why not some breakdancing? maybe add a night club too

+ Jezer29 on April 8th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

The way that Home is growing is similar to watching your own child grow through its toddler years. Simply Amazing!!!!!

Jeff you’ll know what I mean soon enough ;) Congrats