Bloodborne

inFamous Not Releasing This June, After All

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Apr 13, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Many of you may be wondering when we plan to announce the release date for inFamous. Well today, we have a little surprise for you….the release month is no longer June. Now wait, I know what you’re thinking…inFamous is NOT delayed, in fact, the guys up at Sucker Punch have been working so hard that the game will be releasing in the U.S. on May 26!

Now with just a little over a month until the game hits shelves, inFamous pre-order goodness begins today. Those who pre-order the game at participating retailers will have a chance to get one of the following:

• An exclusive ‘Gigawatt Blades’ Super Power: The Gigawatt Blades supercharges Cole’s arm into an instrument of destruction unmatched by any other melee weapon in game. Although very powerful, you’ll still have to use this weapon wisely, as it takes a considerable drain on your powers.

inFamous Gigawatt Blades

• Limited-edition inFamous costume for Home Avatar – Look like one of the REAPER gang members.

inFamous Reaper in Home

• Early access to the official Game Demo. Be one of the first to play inFamous on May 7th.

And, yes, the inFamous demo will be made available to everyone on the PlayStation Network on May 21. We’ve got a lot more surprises on the way the next few weeks, so stay tuned…..

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ gadwiin on April 13th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

I sure hope this affects the european release to. It’s an instant buy for me anyways, the game looks amazing.

+ ritz305 on April 13th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

This is one of the best updates so far for me…i have been waiting to hear the release date for this game for a while n now the date is even better n i cant wait for the demo also…good stuff Sucker Punch n thanks for the update PS Blog

+ coastermaniac on April 13th, 2009 at 9:31 pm said:

awesome. Definitely a pleasant surprise to have a game’s launch moved up instead of back.

+ Pyrrhic on April 13th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

I don’t understand why gamestop can swing these kinda deals. You think the publishers would wise up to the fact that this store makes money fist over disc on sales of their used games. The net income they make from these exclusive deals does not even approach the double digit percentages gamestop makes on the sale of previously played copies. It hardly seems worth it but, “Booo!”

+ acerazer1 on April 13th, 2009 at 9:57 pm said:

The REAPER gang member look reminds me of the Reapers from The World Ends With You. Great game.

On another note, delayed til June, how could you!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Every day these whiners complain about something new, it never ends.

+ acerazer1 on April 13th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

whoops totally read that wrong.

My first paragraph still stands, nix the rest. Foot in mouth, foot in mouth. Doesn’t taste swell.

+ OdomY2K on April 13th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

I hope this isn’t because of prototype was gonna come out on the same date, i really hope they don’t releash unfinish game just for for that…alllllll fingers crosed

+ Dante989 on April 13th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

well, ill just do what i always do in these situations. pre-order a copy from each store and get the pre-order specials then go back a week later and cancel my pre-orders from the places im not gonna get it from.

+ mero4ever on April 13th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

That seems awesome to have the game earlier. I just hope they dont rush things and then we are left with so so game rather than OMFG.

+ lonewolf1994 on April 14th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

wait wait wait!!!!!

plz answer this!!!!!

what about EU?? will play.com be getting the
‘Gigawatt Blades’ Super Power plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+ N30RYU on April 14th, 2009 at 2:36 am said:

Will be any way that europeans could get this extras? Like also preordering or something?

Since the first trailer with the Lincoln phrase I knew thay I’ll purchase this game on day one, so I’m more interested in the new power than the demo or the Home costume.

+ IIIKAGEIII on April 14th, 2009 at 3:54 am said:

what do you rate this game out of 10?

+ MikeL_USMC on April 14th, 2009 at 4:34 am said:

oh man this is going to be a perfect gift to give myself!! my bday is on the 23rd and im going to be on vacation that whole week so i can will be playing this all week!!!!

+ Caemgen on April 14th, 2009 at 5:00 am said:

Awesome! I’ve got one question though.
Does the game feature online multiplayer?

+ muzzar69 on April 14th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

aqizilbash
being that you work for sony may be you can answer some questions for me any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 when is this coming out in australia?
2 why does sony allways delay there exclusives here R2 a perfect example we had to wait an extra 3 weeks almost.
3 why does sony NEVER release a limited edition here in OZ? i would of loved a LE of R2 or K2.
4 guides theres never a guide for a game published by sony.
R2 guide nope KZ2 guide nope i could go on.
5 is the demo going to be released early here in oz early to exclusive to preorders or available to everyone like KZ2.
because KZ2 in america they had to preorder but we got it without pre ordering same time.
thanks

+ Jasmino on April 14th, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

Do the pre-order goodies apply to the U.K as well?

+ neil_scerri on April 14th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

what about for retailers that ship to europe?? i don’t think gamestop ships to europe. Hope you will do something about it . i would like this additional content too!P.S. Infamous is awesome!

+ singhjeet29 on April 14th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Will Canada/US be getting the Ultimate Edition, the one advertised on the EB AU site?

+ Sup3rfly-91 on April 14th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

THank you sucker punch and sony, now I will get to play this game sooner than I thought, too bad I’m broke cause I would really like one of those perks you get with pre ordering it, guess I will just have to rent it from gamefly.

+ BiosNova on April 14th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Will any of these pre order bonus be available in the UK? If so where from?

+ dulcediana on April 14th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

just asking if someone knows…the power is exclusive for gamestop preorders or I can have it in any copy of the game unlock it in a normal way?

+ shadowkiller11 on April 14th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

quite a good pre-order deal.

+ DTS_MAN on April 14th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

this why playstation network is the best…..asskisstastic….but seriously it is the best.

+ scrappy300 on April 14th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Any news on the ESRB Rating? I can’t seem to find it anywhere… Yes i did check the ESRB website!

+ CyberiaNL on April 14th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Australia is getting a Special Edition (exclusive @ EBGames). What about America and Europe?

+ harlemzkid on April 14th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

nice great news.. where can i get the early access to the demo?

+ Azira013 on April 14th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Ugly home costume.

Now that’s the ticket! Release something early for a change!

+ cfcj12 on April 14th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

hey Asad, did u see the liverpool game? (7-5 on aggragate) C’MON U BLUES!!! (diehard chelsea fan since birth, same with dad and grandad (used to live in London for almost all my life)

+ cfcj12 on April 14th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

also cant wait for infamous

+ Jazzak on April 14th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Kudos to Sucker Punch!!! Great to see a release date moved up instead of pushed back.

I would love to know if you can give me the release date for those of us down under as I have been hanging for this game since I first downloaded the 2007 trailer, and this a definate day 1 purchase for me.

+ EvoAnubis on April 15th, 2009 at 2:08 am said:

Waited until things calmed down to post.

Congrats on getting the game out early, and thanks for giving the place I’ll actually buy this from the best pre-order offer. I’ll take getting the demo early over a power I won’t use or a Home outfit I’ll never wear any day.

+ convergecrew on April 15th, 2009 at 3:14 am said:

As excited as I am for this game, I just gotta say:

Arsenal 4 lyfe.

+ astrocrack on April 15th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

AnticipateStation ftw

+ Sneeches on April 15th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

wow what a surprise!!!!

+ FelonOnParole on April 15th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

May 26 eh..

A full 5 days before June.. wow..

Im just not sold on this Infamous stuff..

I wont be suprised if this game is a real big flop..

+ VizorX on April 15th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I cant wait to play this game. It looks great.

+ firedude7 on April 15th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

I’m going to gamestop right now to pre that order

+ J-A-Clark on April 15th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

oh well ill wait

+ FlyFlice37 on April 15th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Will this game have custom soundtracks

+ Ghostlid on April 15th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Does anyone know if preorder at Gamestop gets you early access to the demo? I know it gets you the gigawatt power blade thing, but I was just wondering if you got the demo early as well.

+ sanu_canuck on April 16th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Awesome!

+ gold5225 on April 19th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

Make iT mAY 22ND CAUSE THATS MY b DAY :p

+ Erdie on April 21st, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Can’t wait to give this one a try!

+ kalet21 on April 21st, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

i hope they make a collectors edition of infamous add something interesting like a figurine of our hero

+ EPIC_TUN on April 23rd, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

Well, I knew about the Gigawatt Blades (Pre-Ordered from Gamestop just to get ‘em) glad they’re making the demo public, even if it IS later… The home outfit is… Uh… Well, the hoodie is cool, at least.

CAN’T WAIT FOR MAY 26TH! WHOOO!

+ Fobol909 on April 25th, 2009 at 8:06 pm said:

I CAN’T WAIT TILL inFAMOUS. It’s going to be sick I pre ordered it from amazon even though I really wanted the blades but guys you know apparently if you pre order it from best buy you get a multiplayer beta for Uncharted 2

+ EVL_LRX on April 27th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

Lets hope that with the early release date they work out all the bugs. With this game getting so much hype it better be great!

+ VOODOOCHILD520 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

I wish they’d just combine all the pre-order features into a collectors edition and charge like an extra 10 bucks instead of making us choose which of those we want. Oh well, I’ll probably just get the blades. They seem cool.

+ jonathankeene on April 27th, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

I hope that the powers that you can “unlock” or discover along the way are well worth the anticipation about this game.

+ RainMan77551 on May 7th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Can anyone confirm if Gamestop is getting the early access demo. The one in the area I live in doesn’t have them yet.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6