Far Cry 4

Booster Packs Coming for Magic Ball, Cuboid and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom

Michael Robinson's Avatar + Posted by Michael Robinson on Apr 14, 2009 // Director of Communications, Creat Studios

You’ve heard the rumors. You’ve been dreaming about the possibilities. The anticipation has been palpable. You can hardly contain yourself. Well, my PSN brethren, your time has come.

I’m both honored and thrilled to announce the release of Booster Packs for the Creat Studios/TikGames titles Magic Ball, Cuboid, and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. Here are the details:

• Magic Ball, a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay in which players bust apart 3D environments, offers gamers new action with the release of the Magic Ball Booster Pack, featuring a whole new world to destroy. Players will be able to smash their way through 25 all-new magical, witch-themed levels, earning a series of new trophies along the way. Custom music support will also be made available via a free patch download.
  • Magic Ball Booster screenshot 1

• Cuboid, a mind-bending 3D puzzle game, will offer gamers three different options for add-on content. The Cuboid Booster Pack contains 33 new levels that will test even the best players’ skills, rewarding gamers with new trophies. The Cuboid Level Editor allows players to become level designers and challenge others with their own custom levels. Players can either create a brand new level from scratch, or improve upon any existing level, created by other players or taken from the original campaigns. User-created levels can be uploaded to the PSN where they will be made available to other players (who have downloaded the free patch). Players can also earn trophies for creating their own levels, and for rating the levels created by others. The Cuboid Bundle Pack includes both the Booster Pack (33 new levels) and the Level Editor. Custom music support for Cuboid is also on its way via a free patch download.
  • The Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack features 25 all new layouts to beat in Infinity mode, as well as a level editor that allows players to create their own layouts from scratch and share their creations with other gamers by hosting an online multiplayer game on their custom-created level. Players can then save any new customized level that they have created or played via online multiplayer invitation to their HDD. Also included is a series of new trophies, obtainable by only the most dedicated Mahjong players. Highly-requested mouse support will also be made available via a free patch download.

First up will be the Magic Ball Booster Pack, scheduled for release this Thursday, April 16. The Cuboid and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Packs will be released in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for those exciting and highly anticipated releases as well.

Magic Ball Booster screenshot 4

Magic Ball Booster screenshot 2 iMagic Ball Booster screenshot 3

On behalf of Creat Studios and TikGames, thanks so much for your unwavering support of Magic Ball, Cuboid and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. We listened carefully to your feedback as to what you were looking for in add-on DLC for these titles, and I think we have managed to deliver on almost everything that was requested. How’s that for customer service? Cheers!

+ Zookey on April 14th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Can’t wait to score me some more Magic Ball–you guys knocked it out of the park with that one!

+ Thrasher20 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Got to love PSN games!

+ Natiej85 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Very interesting, now i have a reason to dust them off and get back into them.

+ spatsnaz on April 14th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Magic Ball is great! I’m glad to see you’re still supporting it!

+ Anubis80 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

YES! This is what I was waiting for. I loved Cuboid due to the fact that it makes you think. Its a great game and now you are giving us new levels. Magic Ball is a fun game. And once again more levels equals greatness! Thanks guys. You really made me happy to see that these 2 games are getting support still.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Absolutely! And these Booster Packs are just the beginning. We have lots planned for the future for all our PSN titles, so as long as you all keep supporting the games, we will do the same!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Hey everyone! Had some technical difficulties this morning with my login, so I’m finally logged in, ready to respond to all y’all, playas. Will start back up at the beginning and will move forward best I can. Thanks for all your support!

+ bdavid81 on April 14th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Anxious to get the Cuboid pack myself. Recently got the full game, and although it’s tough, I really like it! :)

+ Anubis80 on April 14th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

So I take it that the Cuboid add on content will also be 2.99?

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Cuboid DLC has three different options:

Booster Pack, which is 33 new levels, is $2.99

Level Editor is $3.99, but does not include the new levels

Bundle Pack is $4.99 and gives you both the new levels and the level editor

+ lowhonor on April 14th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

i really want to check out magic ball…the others don’t really interest me though

+ Anubis80 on April 14th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

lowhonor I can tell you magic ball is worth the money. I bought it on release with cuboid and havent been disappointed with them. So buy one or both. Trust me they are fun.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Please let me know where we should mail your commission check, thank you.

+ Dogofthunder on April 14th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

That’s a great deal, actually. I’m sold! Magic Ball is the only game where I have all trophies completed, so it has a special place in my collection. ;)

+ bdavid81 on April 14th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Although many people were waiting for the PSN DLC announcement, and hoping for more, I think this is better than any support for some of the more mainstream games! These smaller games need the support, and they need to be noticed. Cuboid is a gem, as are many others. Hopefully this helps these games get a little more noticed!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

What else were you hoping for from this first wave of Booster Packs? Please do let us know, as we plan to release additional DLC in the future, and as everyone should know by now, we do listen to our gamers!

+ DocN on April 14th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Thank you for this news! Creat Studios is one of the best studios on PSN!

- Mahjong with mouse-support sounds like a dream! :-D

- Cuboid with level-editor it’s a dream too. I love this game and now this love can grow! ;-D

Can you also add mouse-support and a level-editor to Magic Ball!? This game ist too short and there should be much more of the pirates setting. The new one seems equal to the fairy tale – style.

Gruß,
Max

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Thanks for your comments, Max. I like Pirates as well, except for the ones from Pittsburgh. Or the ones that hijack ships… but anyway, I will send your Magic Ball thoughts to our producers, so stay tuned!

+ CheckMark on April 14th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

I love it when you make a post here, Michael, because of the way you monitor and respond thoroughly to all the comments. I almost never read comments here on the PS Blog, but when news from Creat Studios breaks, I read through everything. Thank you for really engaging with your customers; it has made me an even more loyal Creat fan. Oh, and you can go ahead and count me on the list of launch-day buyers for Magic Ball DLC!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Thanks for the kind words! The goal is to actually sell games, and what better way to do that than by actually listening to the people who buy them! Thanks so much for your support :-)

+ CheckMark on April 14th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Oh yeah, and most of your comments are hilarious! They always give me a smile ;)

+ Anubis80 on April 14th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

@Michael Robinson replied on April 14, 2009 at 10:26 am
Please let me know where we should mail your commission check, thank you.

LOL! You can just send me codes for the add on content! hahaha Or even PSN card codes. Either one will work. But I will support a game company as long as they are doing what you guys are doing and that is supporting your games and listening to us about what we want and try to put that into your games. Thanks a lot for making me enjoy your games and your support.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Thanks again for your support! Whilst I cannot give you free DLC, I am willing to autograph your PS3 for you, so if you are ever in the Boston area, feel free to swing by the office, cheers!

+ smokey_vols on April 14th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

I own Magic Ball and Cuboid, i’ll be picking up those two packs for sure. Can you do us a favor? In your future PSN titles can you include custom music from day one of the titles release?

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Will definitely send the request to our producers, thanks.

+ usjvc on April 14th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

We frankly need a demo for each of the above titles, especially magic ball.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

We will offer demos for certain games, like the recently announced Smash Cars, coming soon; however, for the more casual-oriented titles, we do not plan to offer demos as one can really get a good sense of gameplay from the trailers. But don\’t take my word for it – maybe read one or two or 20 of the posts above…

+ AdamMadman on April 14th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

I took interest in Magic Ball early, but didn’t buy it because I heard through the grapevine that it was excessively difficult, especially some of the trophy tasks. I prefer my casual gaming distractions to be stress free, and just dumb fun. I reserve the stressful times for GH and Killzone.

Is this game really that difficult? A lot of people here seem to love it, more than most other PSN games. Also, does this expansion add new trophies?

I’ve been looking for new little fun games to play, but I gotta say the last time I did that was with Burn Zombie Burn, and let me tell you…I’ve played that for hours, and only passed the first level. ****ing ridiculous, a waste of money.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Adam, and I feel confident in saying this, especially since you have \”Madman\” in your name – if my two year old can play Magic Ball, I am pretty sure you will be able to handle it :-) It\’s a lot of fun and certaibly gets more difficult as you go along, but what good game doesn\’t? The DLC does include new trophies, so give it a try – you won\’t regret it!

+ Ghost_Shrimp on April 14th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

I need to buy Magic Ball sometime.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Peronally, I\’m convinced that EVERYONE needs to buy Magic Ball sometime. And the Magic Ball Booster Pack, too.

+ AdamMadman on April 14th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Hmmm…I may give Magic Ball a try. I did buy Cuboid, and I do like it. I suppose the Cuboid expansion will add new trophies as well?

Thanks for your reply by the way. You’re one of the few developers who blog here that are both personal and honest with us. Thank you so much for that.

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Absolutely, my pleasure. New trophies all around for all Booster Packs. Thanks so much for your support!

+ Onna76_NL on April 14th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

2,99USD?? Only?? Also for Cuboid?

+ Onna76_NL on April 14th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

“Michael Robinson replied on April 14, 2009 at 10:56 am

Peronally, I’m convinced that EVERYONE needs to buy Magic Ball sometime. And the Magic Ball Booster Pack, too.”

I think you’ll else be fired if you said they shouldn’t :-P *lol*

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

Here’s the full Booster Packs pricing breakdown (thanks, Joystiq!):

Magic Ball will receive a “Wicked Witches” pack ($2.99) this week. The pack adds 25 new levels and new Trophies. A free patch will also add custom music support.

Cuboid will gain 33 new levels and a level editor that allows players to create and share levels with each other. The new levels will cost $2.99, while the editor will cost $3.99. Both can be purchased in a bundle for $4.99. A free patch will also add custom music support.

Mahjong Tales will gain 25 new levels and a level editor that allows players to create levels. This DLC pack will cost $4.99. A free patch will add mouse support (!).

+ Onna76_NL on April 14th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

2,99 Euro it is then. I think I’ll grab the extra levels for Cuboid, can’t wait :-) Plus I’ll be getting Magical Ball as well.

+ Tezasaurus on April 14th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Custom soundtrack support for Magic Ball = epic win! I can’t wait to purchase this!

+ Enforcer_X on April 14th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

EPIC!
I own all 3 and I will be grabbing this DLC ASAP!
Mouse support is going to rock Mahjong!
Custom music and trophies for user created levels FTW!
Can’t wait!
THANKS!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

My pleasure! I had virtually nothing to do with it, but thanks for giving the messenger a big old hug!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

By the way, why not do what all the cool kids are doing and follow Creat Studios on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter? You know you want to, so you might as well get in with the “in crowd” and make it happen!

+ Microshock on April 14th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Did you guys fix the issue when you’re playing online and you lose the match, you have to re-set up everything instead of just clicking continue?

Also having voice chat on automatically

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

See how things work once you download the free patch for whatever game you are referring to. If you are still experiencing problems, please let us know, thanks.

+ AdamMadman on April 14th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

Also, congrats on not falling into the multiplayer trophy trap. I believe there should never, ever, ever be a single trophy that involves any kind of multiplayer. Trophies are a personal thing, and multiplayer is anything but personal.

+ bdavid81 on April 14th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Just checked out a trailer for Magic Ball… I think I NEED to own that game. Wonderfully colorful, and it looks quite fun! :)

+ almighty-slayer on April 14th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Wow you guys rock. Unfortunately at present time i own none of your three games. *feels ashamed of himself*

I may look into buying the three of them. :) Thanks for supporting your games guys. I love developers like you. <33

+ almighty-slayer on April 14th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Also, it is good to see you replying so much to people’s comments. Really gives good impressions. Shows how much you care about your fans and the community!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Thanks for appreciating my appreciation! :-)

+ almighty-slayer on April 14th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Man you’re confusing. In a good way of course.

+ Frostquake on April 14th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Will only buy Magic Ball as a Bundle, as they tend to be cheaper…so sigh….I guess I will be left longing for the love that is Magic Ball…You made me sad :(
psn:frostquake

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I mean, $9.99 for the game and another $2.99 for the Booster Pack – that\’s a pretty good value for a game that\’s really a lot of fun. I mean, what can you buy for just under $13 these days? That won\’t even get you into a movie with some popcorn and a soda. It won\’t even get you half of a Jonas Brothers concert shirt. If you can collect enough cash from between the cushions of your couch I vote that you give Magic Ball a try. Who\’s with me?!

+ almighty-slayer on April 14th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

I’m with you!

Not that i’ve played it :p But still, if you find money down the side of the sofa, what better way to spend it?

+ TheGuardianFID on April 14th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Nice, I’ve been waiting for this, great job on the game Michael, you guys are doing a great job keep it up!!! :D

+ SuperColoboc1029 on April 14th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

I love Magic Ball, Cuboid and Mahjong! Can wait to buy all booster packs!

Thank you guys for the hard work – we love your games!

-SC1029

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Remember, our games love you!

+ IIIKAGEIII on April 14th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

this is great. i will definatly get the magic ball stuff.

+ Thwip on April 14th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Just started following you on Twitter as suggested…man you guys need some more followers. Hit them up guys!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

We just got started with Twitter, so hopefully people will start following. Our goal is to have as many followers as Ryan Seacrest, so help us out, would ya, people?! Thanks!

+ CJSgamer on April 14th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

is cuboid available in europe? If not when will it be?

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Cuboid DLC will be released in the US and EU on the same day. Hopefully by the end of this month, or very early May at the latest.

+ almighty-slayer on April 14th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Just became a facebook fan for you lovely people.

+ Daivy on April 14th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Hi michael, i really love all the three games that creat studio made, really good job… But… Yes there is a but… I think the level editor for Cuboid and Majhong should be free because with that, everyone can show their creations without spend money. Also, many games have a level editor already implented in the game (echochrome is an example), and no need a payable expansion, so why not make pleasure to your players and make these levil editors free ? Maybe you will see new talents for making levels ! (Sorry if don’t write english correctly, french is my maternal language)

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Daivy, your point is well taken; however, we feel that what you get with our level editors and their features is worth the low price that we are charging. I hope that if you give it a try, you will feel the same. Thanks for your support!

+ Slipping_halo on April 14th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

Wow I was going to come on here and say my piece on Magic Ball, but it looks like everyone has already beat me to the punch!

@AdamMadman Magic Ball is not what I would call frustratingly difficult, I also own Burn Zombie Burn so I know what your talking about, but I assure you Magic Ball is just good ol’ fun!

Thanks Michael, for you and your team making a kick ass game, also my lady will be super excited about this! If you could do me a solid Mr. Robinson and send a message to rockiesgal on the psn about Magic Ball I will be your biggest fan!!!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

\”send a message to rockiesgal on the psn about Magic Ball I will be your biggest fan!!!\”

Huh?

+ Frostquake on April 14th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

OMG…I Just watched some YouTube Footage of Magic Ball…Please for the Love of Tiny Zebra’s everywhere, tell me that this game will be made as a download for the PSP!!! This is a Perfect game to play on the PSP!!!
psn:frostquake

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

You never know what the future might hold for Magic Ball, because it is, after all, magical.

And I sincerely hope that no tiny zebras were harmed during the creation of your email.

+ jazzyrider on April 14th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

So all of these booster packs cost something (~1.99 – 4.99)? I have Cuboid and Magic Ball so I’m excited to hear some good news. Just wish it was kind of free as I’m on a tight budget even with new fun DLC.

+ neorudemovement on April 14th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

thank you guys for custom music support. the only thing this game needed.

+ whiskey_14 on April 14th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

If someone doesn’t purchase the level editor will they still be able to play the user created levels?

btw how many people does your studio and associates consist of? and thanks for the support with the DLC with this and all the comments it seems like you take pride in your work!

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

Good question about the level editor, but I will need to look into that for you.

As far as our company, we certainly do take great pride in our work, so thanks for noticing! :-) You can get full details about our company at our spiffy new website:
    http://www.creatstudios.com Cheers!

+ Daivy on April 14th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

@michael : thanks for answer. I will maybe buy but for 5€ I think is a bit expensive… cuboid is just a copy of bloxorz made for the PS3, and everyone can free play bloxorz on the net and create their own level free, so we already the game with our money, so don’t think you should make the editor of level free ? (the same thing for majhong) Come on, just an effort for your fans, I think a lot of people will be happy ! :)

+ AhEmM on April 14th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

These three games are awesome… My favourite is Magic Ball as a lot of people on here… Then Mahjong and then Cuboid :)

I will definitly get the DLC for all three games :)

I love your support for the games and I will definitly get all the future DLC for them too :) Thank you guys :) Love you :)

Keep up the awesome work

+ Michael Robinson on April 14th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

You make me feel special. Thank you.