GTAV PS4

Download Killzone 2 Steel and Titanium April 30th

Alex Armour's Avatar + Posted by Alex Armour on Apr 14, 2009 // Senior Manager, Public Relations

You may have seen the official announcement of the first DLC map pack for Killzone 2 on Spike TV and currently on Gametrailers.com, but we wanted to reiterate some of the key details of what will be available as well as let you know the official date it will be on the PSN for download: April 30th. The price for this map pack is still TBA.

The first DLC pack, called “Steel and Titanium”, will contain two brand new multiplayer maps with new gameplay elements and strategic twists, sure to test even the most skilled players.

Wasteland Bullet Vekta Cruiser

The first map in the pack is Wasteland Bullet, and the action will take place on the bullet train that and transports goods and troops between Pyrrhus and the Wasteland. The game is a frenzied firefight to wrestle control of the train from the enemy and into the hands of your faction. With the train moving at full speed, players will need to remain aware of the immediate environment as well as enemies – hitting an overhead obstacle at this speed will mean instant death.

The second map, Vekta Cruiser, will find ISA troops boarding a vast ship with the goal to repel a force of assaulting Helghast troops while also protecting the cruiser itself from heavy Helghan fire. The action takes place entirely indoors in a frantic and claustrophobic battle where attackers lurk around every corner.

200 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ kosluftar on April 14th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Looking forward to it. I was hoping for a free DLC since it is the first, but now I just hope it is not more than $2.99.

+ Lambrick on April 14th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

i was kind of hoping TBA would mean “free,” but a price like $2.99 is very reasonable, even more so for these maps. great work GG!

+ xI-Red-Ix on April 14th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

hopefully less then 2.99 would be nice

+ Iced4life on April 14th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Awesome! Cant wait to get this DLC, even if it is not free.

+ Stoffinator on April 14th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

I think $5.99 is a good price for such. Anything more and it starts to feel jipped. Now if I could only get interested in the online.

+ x_VarPo_x on April 14th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

free please

+ BigPoppaB on April 14th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

damn, i was hoping itd be free.

The maps look great,,, but i wont pay more than $1.99 for them

+ Ftwrthtx on April 14th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Thanks for the info. The maps look like fun.

+ uqg9 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

im getting this map pack for sure!!!!

+ Fullmetal156 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

awesome cant wait one question tho any word on increasing the ranks or adding any new titles? u can reach the final rank pretty quickly.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on April 14th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

hmm I thought it was going to be free.

+ Samiria on April 14th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Free would be awesome. Having a couple more maps thrown into the rotation is great either way though.

+ diare33 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

im getting this. dont care about the price, Wasteland Bullet looks INSANE!!!

+ torontoml on April 14th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

when are we going to find out the price?

+ xMETATRONx on April 14th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

$6 or $7 would be good. The CoD4 map pack I remember was like $10 or $15 and it had 3 maps. I suppose $10 wouldn’t be a bad price either. It’s probably not going to be free. Developers have to make some money. Don’t they?

+ KazeEternal on April 14th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Excellent, however Price of Steel and Titanium? Free? What are the new modes? Does it come with playable avatars that look like PlayStation Blog staff (creepy)?

Alex Armour's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 14th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

I pitched this idea and was shot down :-P

+ AdamMadman on April 14th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Since its a map pack, it will probably sell for 4.99, which I guess is an okay deal. Though, selling them 2.99 or 3.99 would be a little nicer. Anything higher than 5 bucks and I’m a little skeptical…also, if its 10 bucks, out of the question.

How the price hasn’t been determined is a mystery, considering this has obviously been in planning for a while.

+ S3NTRY93 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

It’s coming out in just two weeks and you dont have an idea about the pricing? Please do not make it overpriced, since these are basically maps re-arranged from the single player, and not totally new areas/creations I don’t think they should be above 5-7 bucks.. Please!

Can’t wait though, will buy regardless, train especially looks like fun. How will air bots work on the train level exactly though? Do the air sentry bots just fly along with the train or… lol confusing.

Thanks for the screens.

PS- People who thought this was free, that was some no name website, aka false rumor, not sony who said that. :\

+ aero7 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

cmon guys let’s chill. KZ2 has been a blast. if teh dlc costs money let’s support the game. more dlc = renewed interest in those that may have been on the fence, so it wil only benefit the franchise.

im buying day one. i’ll be ready with my 20dollar psn card that week :)

+ InFaMoUs1- on April 14th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

What’s the price?

+ GGCAN on April 14th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Packs look really nice.

Hope the price isn’t too high.

+ rAdIOhEad73 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

You should have kept these 2 maps and hold them until you have some more stuff to add
I expect this DLC to be free since honestly there is not much to it.
In the mean time, people are still having problems to play with their friends online because of the lack of a proper party system.
I will gladly pay for a more consistent DLC with new classes, new weapons, new modes and way more than 2 maps.
I guess GG just rushed this DLC out because the online players numbers are dropping at a steady pace week by week.

+ Cesarcsrf on April 14th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

ok 4.99 € ..or fail.. .

+ JoE5005 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I’m guessing $5, since its only two maps. I’ll gladly pay five bucks for it.

+ Insyt on April 14th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

maps look hella sicc, i’m ready for em april 30th…free-5.99 i could do either…hopefully we wont get gouged like they do us with the cod map packs…

+ Thrasher20 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

The maps look really fun, but please keep the price under $5.99 or surprise us by saying it is free? Please Guerilla?

+ Chas19 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Well im telling you now Sony if the maps are over £5 im not buying them…..

+ marcindpol on April 14th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

will not pay more than 5eu!

+ LukaX23 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

I would buy this map pack for $5 at most. Simply because there are only 2 maps.

+ inveigle on April 14th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

More than $5 for sure. :(

+ Aggie_CEO on April 14th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

I think it should be Free for the first month then make it $5 after that. For just 2 Maps it shouldn’t be anymore than $5 anyways.

I’m excited about the Train map tho….

+ HanSolo on April 14th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

if you dont make the map pack free you will split the community between people that have it and people that dont
in this early stage of killzone 2, my advice is to make this 2 maps free, to keep the community growing instead of splitting it

later on, charge for a real pach, ex 5-6 maps, new weapons and classes, but only when the community is a lot bigger that what it is now

i hope you take my advice, dont kill the community so early

+ hvitdverg on April 14th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

This is great news :)
Im so glad we get some new maps, Playstation blog should setup a Killzone 2 competition, i really wanna own you guys who work on playstation blog :P

Alex Armour do you mind asking the Playstation HOME team if they plan on making a Killzone 2 space? and ask them if they are ever going to make Uncharted,warhawk, the godfather 2 , Resident evil updated space and guitar hero space avaible for the European region ? im getting sick of waiting for them..

thx for any anwsers :)

+ Fersis on April 14th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

4.99 would be a nice price.

+ DMPrince on April 14th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

“still TBA” – you misspelled “free” there. Just correcting you.

+ RCJI on April 14th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Nice! Free for the first week would be nice!

+ StalkingSilence on April 14th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Need to get KZ2 first :(

+ zombie9 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

How much $$$$ ??????… Buying add on pack’s. LOL These ADD ON’s are killing me and preventing me from buing new games.

+ Viprdude on April 14th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

How much?

+ Natiej85 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Looks like another reason for me to pick this title up.

+ AceOfSpades725 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

those maps look pretty sweeeeet! i hope TBA = Free or 2.99 at most. Now all i need to do is start playing online!

+ BrainSpillage on April 14th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

my guess would be $5.49…..similar to the Resistance 2 map pack price…..2 maps, not bad, they look fun….frag on

+ itsJose on April 14th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Sweet. I think a good price would be 5 bucks. Can’t wait to play it. The game is so fun online.

+ Skull-Hed-Face on April 14th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

I thought when they announced there would be no co-op they stated that the first dlc for killzone would add a co-op mode, it doesnt look like this 2 map map pack will not be doing any of that so bye bye killzone, now if only sony could make the best LOOKING game the best PLAYING game i wouldnt feel like i got ripped off 60 dollers for over hyped garbage :(

+ Anubis80 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

I think 2.99 to 3.99 is a good price range anymore than that it makes it not worth it. Look at R2, they charged 5.99 for 3 maps so KZ2 map pack shouldnt be more than what most people are saying 2.99 to 3.99. I hope for free though. Thats the best price!

+ TheInfectedBy590 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

I heard this was free. But however it turns out, I can’t wait! :)

Will this pack bring more trophies?

+ enewtabie on April 14th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

@45
Please..It looks better than anything out there besides something on PC. I’ve only sunk more time into one game so far and that was COD4 and that was a multiplatform game. I don’t know what the trend is with the gamers today and having to have co-op in a game. This game plays better than what the competition offers by far.

Can’t wait to get this DLC. 4.99 or lower would be cool

+ vectorman88 on April 14th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

+ hvitdverg on April 14th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Please answer my post earlier ! i need to know the [DELETED] about Playstation home :(

PAGE 1 2 3 5