PS4-Watch_Dogs

Eat Yummy Cake, Join the Fat Princess Beta

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 15, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Yes, you can have your cake and play with it, too. Titan, the developers of the forthcoming PSN-exclusive Fat Princess are searching for beta test volunteers beginning later this week.

This is a “real” beta; the developers don’t just want you to play, they value your feedback. You should only participate if you’re willing to report your experiences on the closed beta forums, discussions, surveys, etc. You won’t just be having fun, you’ll be helping to make Fat Princess an even better game when it debuts on PSN this summer.

Also, you’ll get to brag to your friends. Over and over.

Being a closed beta, access is limited; so we want to make sure the most fervent, determined fans benefit from our allotment of 250 beta codes. We struggled with deciding how to determine which PlayStation.Blog readers want it the most. Then it hit us: cake.

The first 250 people to upload a picture of themselves eating cake (cheesecake, cupcakes and fruitcakes are all acceptable) to our Facebook fan page will get in. Please make sure that the picture is of YOU, and that you include a piece of PlayStation paraphernalia in the pic (a DualShock controller, T-shirt, PS3, PSP, etc). Just upload your pic(s) to the gallery and tag them with “Fat Princess″ – you’ll need to ‘Fan’ the page first – to let us know you want in! Then, once the beta gets underway, we’ll contact you via Facebook with information on how to join in on the fun.

In case you’re lacking for inspiration, we took some practice pics in the office. Now head out to the bakery – these spots won’t last!

Jeff eating cake for Fat Princess Chris smothered in cake for Fat Princess

SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess

UPDATE: Looks like we’ve got enough photos now! The response has been awesome and overwhelming, so thanks to all of you that have entered. We’ll go through the entries now, sort out the duplicates and whatnot, and contact the approved photo-submitters via Facebook by noon (Pacific) tomorrow. If you didn’t make it, pay attention to our Twitter account for other sites that may be granting access to the beta. Thanks!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ hmecey on April 15th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

how will you contact people via facebook or email

+ xI-Red-Ix on April 15th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

hey jeff i took a pic of my ps stuff AND a pic of me eating cake
can ya count thos two? or does it disqualify me?

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 15th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Hey Jeff…

Yep…browse blogs all day long but no FB or GMAIL/Hotmail. Even the USB ports are deactivated on all computers so uploading a pic becomes problematic too. I still enjoyed the donut though.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Well… enjoy your job at the Pentagon!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

of course it is.

+ Cesarcsrf on April 15th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

i uploaded just now! cake with my PSP Pearl White 3000 : P so i saw 12 pages with cake .. so which page being 20 pics.. 20×12… 240!! hurry people!!

+ digplans on April 15th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Shoot… i’m vegan, and it’s tough to find a cake that hasn’t been made with either eggs or milk. Oh Jeff, give me another order and I will do thy bidding! Haha, [DELETED] I really wanted to be a part of this beta, I love giving feedback.

+ Seafea on April 15th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Haha! Even if I don’t get in, this was a creative and awesome way to give out keys! <3 you guys!

+ XxC-losxX on April 15th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

@Jeff- Aw crap.. you got me. I got no cake, dont have facebook, and now I lost a great opportunity ;[ Since I wont make it before this ends, will there be more opportunities for closed beta later in the future? I hope there is, I’ve fallen in love with Fat Princess ;[

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Yes, I know IGN will be giving out some codes at some point in the near future. We\’ll tweet when that happens.

+ StrykerIsland on April 15th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

lol we had cake at our in-laws the other night, so I asked ym wife to run over to this house and grab a piece for me to take a picture with, I better get in or my wife’ll kill me. :p

+ Tooevil_BR on April 15th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

i’m waiting for so long for this game i hope play the beta, how the people know if they win or not?

+ tomsau on April 15th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

You have no idea how frantically i searched for cake :(

i tagged it fat princess but also tagged myself, the DS3 and the cake

i really hope i got a code :D

also my friend wants to know if jaffa cakes count XD

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Jaffa cakes most definitely count.

+ jaybiv on April 15th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

What a neat contest to get in. I’m not interested in the game, but I like the creativity in selecting who gets in.

+ SPOPS on April 15th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

SOMEONE STOLE MY PICTURE:

Jeff help me out…

I was just looking through the added pictures and noticed a second picture of myself. It was uploaded by some person who I don’t even know.

Here is the link to my picture that I originally uploaded:

And here is the picture that someone else uploaded as there entry:

I just wanted to bring this to your attention so it does not disqualify me from this contest.

Jeff please help :)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win. Thanks for pointing that out.

+ Dogofthunder on April 15th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

I don’t have a Facebook; can I use my wife’s Facebook account?

By the way, I appreciate you tolerating my constant whining about no Fat Princess news. I don’t know how I’m going to work the beta out, but I’m sure going to try!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Get your wife\’s permission first!

+ inveigle on April 15th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

No cake, that’s a shame.

+ evildude683 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

are poundcakes allowed!!!???

+ Chris Morell on April 15th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

Heck yeah! And quite delicious, if I do say so myself.

+ Chessy_08 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Is 250 people even large enough for a closed beta?

+ rube203 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

By my count I was 246. Hope I’m right, I’d love to get into this Beta!

+ BigPoppaB on April 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

wow, i cant believe how many people have joined in this contest…

Good thing I’m in exams right now and have mounds of free time…

+ Chessy_08 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

or will there b other ways to get in?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Yes, stay tuned to some other sites – you\’ll have to be quick though!

+ TheInfectedBy590 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
(I don’t have any!) :(

+ Doppy on April 15th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Wow. Gamers are pretty huge nerds to do something like this that fast. And during work/school hours.

+ Fabian920 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

I ate the pie with a chaser… But I forgot all about the ps3 items. I just skimmed through the post until now. So, am I still qualified for this without the ps3 items?

+ avi_66 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

I have uploaded my pic but my PS3 in the background was a little blurry, is that ok? you can still make out that its a PS3

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

That\’s fine, I\’m no Ansel Adams myself.

+ cc_star on April 15th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Are cake eaters qualified beta testers, and able to repeat tasks to give comprehensive feedback, or will they get bored with the bugs, and then blog about how buggy it is.

Since when are betas marketing tools? probably explains all the post-launch patches this generation.

+ memberop on April 15th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

*Wishes Keith was still working for you guys*

He would of probably have some ridiculous
out there sample photo.

+ jedi_webslinger on April 15th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

bad week to start a diet :)

+ Blkant on April 15th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

No, I tried so hard!!! I just wanted to stuff a princes full of cake :’( I even had a advisory panel t-shirt on, but alas, I fear I am too late…. Truly a dark day :’(

+ hoofrog on April 15th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

I hope liberal interpretations are allowed. I am at work and have no cake or PS hardware, but I was able to create something that I hope qualifies.

+ CheckMark on April 15th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Can we get a count, Jeff?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

Well, we\’ve got a lot of photos, but some are duplicates, some don\’t qualify (no PlayStation stuff in them), so we know that we\’re close, but not there yet.

+ BZKlint on April 15th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

The cake is a lie }:-{D}

+ Zookey on April 15th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

A lot of people didn’t tag their photos as Fat Princess—are they disqualified? If so, then I’d be in, if not then I am like 20-30 too late :-(

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Don\’t worry about the tagging.

+ Pucci2099 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Wow, that was embarassing…nom nom nom

+ DeadlyCyclone on April 15th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

Woot, got one up. Lucky to have cake in the house. :)

+ Yoh on April 15th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

I just posted a pic, I hope I can enter! :P

+ Darnell0216 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

I don’t even have a FaceBook account >_>. Pretty sure by the time I sign up and go through all the mumbo jumbo it’ll be past 250 entries.

+ Wafi24 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Can’t get it sadly I don’t have a camera with me at the moment but, hopefully IGN can give some out and is there’s going to be like this one

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

No idea what they\’re planning…

+ DeadlyCyclone on April 15th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

I too was wondering, Jeff, if people that don’t tag their photos “Fat Princess” will be disqualified.

+ Korbei83 on April 15th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

This is fairly disrespectful and flat out discriminatory toward those of us who suffer from a severe allergy to Facebook.

+ bravo9zero on April 15th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

Going to upload my photo now,
Great photo’s everyone, gave me a laugh :)

+ ColonelSeitan on April 15th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Hey Jeff-master-

I’ve got my Sackboy pin/button in my picture, is that good enough for my PS-dom?

+ acmilanboy on April 15th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Hahaha… I counted backwards and i am in baby!

+ DarthSpooky on April 15th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

I’m at work, I have plenty of Cake, but they don’t allow CAMERAS, how awesome is that? O_o Oh well, it’s pretty much over by now anyway…

+ AdamMadman on April 15th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Really Jeff, a bib? What are you, 6?

+ Chris Morell on April 15th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

No man is too old for a bib.

+ Dogofthunder on April 15th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

@115 Jeff

Tell me about it! I have to get my wife’s permission for everything! ;)

This contest will be over before I get off work, so I’m disappointed. But I’m happy for those who will get in!

Just so y’know, there’s nobody more excited to play Fat Princess than I am. Even if I don’t get in, I’m still going to post a picture, just to show my devotion. :P

+ Zorgz on April 15th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

I just upleaded a photo, but since I’m not at home I cannot take a pic of me eating a cake… is this one ok? http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=14104316802&view=all#/photo.php?pid=30166470&op=5&o=all&view=all&subj=14104316802&aid=-1&oid=14104316802&id=1205546593
please say yes >_< I really want in!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7