PS4 - Destiny

Eat Yummy Cake, Join the Fat Princess Beta

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 15, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Yes, you can have your cake and play with it, too. Titan, the developers of the forthcoming PSN-exclusive Fat Princess are searching for beta test volunteers beginning later this week.

This is a “real” beta; the developers don’t just want you to play, they value your feedback. You should only participate if you’re willing to report your experiences on the closed beta forums, discussions, surveys, etc. You won’t just be having fun, you’ll be helping to make Fat Princess an even better game when it debuts on PSN this summer.

Also, you’ll get to brag to your friends. Over and over.

Being a closed beta, access is limited; so we want to make sure the most fervent, determined fans benefit from our allotment of 250 beta codes. We struggled with deciding how to determine which PlayStation.Blog readers want it the most. Then it hit us: cake.

The first 250 people to upload a picture of themselves eating cake (cheesecake, cupcakes and fruitcakes are all acceptable) to our Facebook fan page will get in. Please make sure that the picture is of YOU, and that you include a piece of PlayStation paraphernalia in the pic (a DualShock controller, T-shirt, PS3, PSP, etc). Just upload your pic(s) to the gallery and tag them with “Fat Princess″ – you’ll need to ‘Fan’ the page first – to let us know you want in! Then, once the beta gets underway, we’ll contact you via Facebook with information on how to join in on the fun.

In case you’re lacking for inspiration, we took some practice pics in the office. Now head out to the bakery – these spots won’t last!

Jeff eating cake for Fat Princess Chris smothered in cake for Fat Princess

SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess

UPDATE: Looks like we’ve got enough photos now! The response has been awesome and overwhelming, so thanks to all of you that have entered. We’ll go through the entries now, sort out the duplicates and whatnot, and contact the approved photo-submitters via Facebook by noon (Pacific) tomorrow. If you didn’t make it, pay attention to our Twitter account for other sites that may be granting access to the beta. Thanks!!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

+ Unknown_Hero on April 15th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

my moms cake ran out last night :(

+ dulcediana on April 15th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

OH no i don’t like cake NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+ SoLoRplanet on April 15th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

woo hew i drove the truck at work stopped home seen the blog submitted heres hopen im within 250

+ ReefrRulz on April 15th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

It would be nice if they made these kinds of post when the majority of people were not working.

+ Sakimori_X on April 15th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Missed my chance. Dang it!

+ D-Squad3 on April 15th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Exactly!!! 100% Agree man, I’m pissed.

+ tirminyl on April 15th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Damn you work for making me miss everything!

+ Berae on April 15th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

It is an awesome idea! too bad i was working at that time and anyway i dont like facebook and such..
nice contest anyway.. ill be waiting for the release of fat princess in june

+ Emyrs on April 15th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

heres the problem with posting it at peak activity times. as it is there were over 500 posted..

can you imagine how many thousands of images would be need to be sorted through if they had posted this at a peak time like people are complaining about…

people are going to be mad no matter when a contest is held.. if they miss the time line they feel cheated because it didnt suit their schedule..

im sure the logistics of this contest were well thought through, so complaining and getting angry isnt serving any higher good.. go rant somewhere else, if you please.

also i would like to say that i had a lot of fun rushing to find cupcakes i knew were in the house, setup a photo, then rush to post it on facebook!

I’ve been awaiting fat princess since i first heard about it from last years e3! if im lucky, here comes the beta! if not.. its just a few more months of anxious hopping up and down.

+ joejohnPSN on April 15th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Ahh… Facebook is a no go for me. :(

+ Keysersoze10033 on April 15th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

I remember the days when being a G.A.P. member actually meant something. I was invited to over 12 betas for both PSP and PS2. Too bad I was at work when I read this, by now I am too late :(.

+ VivaGardner on April 15th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Thanks Jeff…. Thank you also for responding to my PM about bringing up the feature to invite anyone to a text chat (not just people on your friends list).

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 15th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Jeff, we nned to get IGN back I think to show them I should get a code, they told you to “Of course, IGN is not about to miss out on helping you get into the game. Soon — incredibly soon — we’re going to be hosting our own Fat Princess beta code giveaway. It’s going to be open to U.S. PlayStation accounts only; IGN Insiders only; and although we have more codes than the PlayStation Blog (suck it, Rubenstein), the freebies will be gone in a flash. ”

How dare they, I say we have an all out code war BLOG vs IGN.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Ha, that\’s just Greg being Greg.

+ Naths90 on April 15th, 2009 at 6:43 pm said:

Will we be able to see the pictures of the contest winners? I’d love to be able to see all the fat contest winners!!

+ OverlordLaharl on April 15th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

@213 Yeah really fun for people who are not from US and want the game… Yeah IGN is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

+ XgargunoX on April 15th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

is there gunna be an actual update this week about fat princess cuz this wasn’t even fair and was pretty pointless anyways

+ Evilmanta on April 15th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

I actually have been really tempted to friend a lot of people on facebook haha. Been having fun commenting on people’s pictures. Great way to meet new people too.
Kudos Jeff Rubenstein.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Thanks, that\’s what we were hoping for!

+ Gumbydunzeeto on April 15th, 2009 at 10:15 pm said:

Is there a disc version of this coming?

Please say yes.

No disc = no sale.

+ CloudStorm87 on April 15th, 2009 at 10:54 pm said:

No NO NO NO! Why didn’t I see this before??! WHY did I have to play Killzone 2 for hours!!

Fat Princess is one of my most anticipated games and I would have gladly uploaded a picture of me stuffing cake into my mouth just to be in this beta!

+ OverlordLaharl on April 15th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

@218 No, only on PSN game. Gonna be 15-20$ so of course it won’t be on disc.

+ Zta on April 16th, 2009 at 2:01 am said:

Well slap my fat butt and call me Princess! I just returned from the kitchen. No cake. And now I realise that you’ve got enough photos. *sigh*

+ JesseHaysFL on April 16th, 2009 at 2:26 am said:

I work right down the street from you guys can I send/bring by a cake for a beta code?

+ JesseHaysFL on April 16th, 2009 at 2:29 am said:

or what if i bring yall doughnuts from krispy kreme they would still be hot and I can be there about 6:15am local 4-16-09…come on what do ya say?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Ah, I don\’t read the blog at 2.30 in the morning. No bribery accepted, but thanks!

+ JesseHaysFL on April 16th, 2009 at 5:14 am said:

looks like you couldnt get back to me in time, theres always tomorrow….would you trade 1 hot box of krispy kreme for 1 hot beta code?

+ vanace on April 16th, 2009 at 5:20 am said:

Here my picture:

“””
@¿@
(O))
###
.V.

+ vanace on April 16th, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

I would done a best picture if you have a POST PREVIEW.

###
.V. –This is the chaseecake.

thank you and regards from Valencia-Spain(Europe).

+ Sefirat on April 16th, 2009 at 6:49 am said:

It was fun :)

Whatsomore I got new friend on FB so doubled profit!

+ RandomAli on April 16th, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

The cake is a lie!
Let me join the beta too! pleeeease!

+ Froh on April 16th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

I did the whole “cake thing” yesterday and then I got am email last night saying that I was in the beta but it kinda looks fake. Should we have our beta acceptance yet or is it spam? If it is spam then someone is impersonating one of this site’s moderators.

+ Jeo on April 16th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Haha, Gumbydunzeeto misses out on yet another game.

How’s that 1 man protest of all PSN games going? still having fun?

I’m sure PS is going bankrupt over the lack of money…

+ jens_hubby on April 16th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

I just got notified via Facebook asking me to email another account for details on how to get the beta code.

Is this for real? If all we do is send an email for details, how do they verify the emails received are actually from those who participated in the contest??

Confused.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

It\’s for real if you were contacted by me or Chris. We have our ways – we only need your email address and PSN ID. We\’ll never ask for passwords or anything like that.

+ DaveyJam on April 16th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

@jens_hubby I darn well hope so :P Looking at the dude who sent the email, he has loads of friends in the gaming industry, so I am guessing he is for real!

+ PullusPardusUS on April 16th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

The Cake is a lie,Sony

+ OverlordLaharl on April 16th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Aaaaaa man i wish i get one :(

+ RaymondBel on April 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

For having pissed lots of women with this game, maybe they should have given those beta tests only to women.

+ OverlordLaharl on April 16th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

Hey Jeff, could you tell us when all the code will be given? So we won’t hope for nothing :P

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

You should already have received further instructions on Facebook if you were selected. When did you get your picture up there?

+ kagannpwnz on April 16th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Awww [DELETED], I’m too late :p oh well, have fun to all wich won Fat Princess beta :P

best regards!

+ OverlordLaharl on April 16th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Mmmm around 1:30pm (eastern time)I’m on page 7 i think, cupcakes dude with orange tshirt lol

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Can you post a direct link to your pic here?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

OK, saw your pic – you were entry #285 :-(
    If more get freed up, we have your info.

+ Dred on April 16th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Hey Do you guys have a PSN so i can use my eye camera. I only have disposable cameras pls reply back.

+ hellsingh07 on April 16th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Im always late on these things … Bunch of lucky stiff’s

+ filthyvillain on April 16th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

Jeff, I am fairly positive I was one of the first 250 people in, but I didn’t receive word about a code. I’m on the 12th page with rum cake and a PS3 controller.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Can you post a direct link to your pic here?

+ JABEE on April 16th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

My picture was like 143 and it was tagged Fat Princess. Why haven’t I received a notification? I’m in the Flyers tee.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

No codes have gone out yet. Can you post a direct link to your pic here?

+ BUTT-BUTT on April 16th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

did the beta keys really already go out :(. I really thought i made it in time. This was mine

http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/PlayStationBlog/14104316802?v=box_3&viewas=1224056064#/photo.php?pid=30229080&id=1224056064&ref=mf Did those non eating ppl actually get keys there were a lot of those?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

You were #279…

+ YoungHustla561 on April 16th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

i’ll get this game if split-screen and XMB music is confirmed. sounds fun if you can play with a friend or 2

if not its another pass :(

+ JABEE on April 16th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Here it is. I was at least within the first 150. I haven’t received any contact from the blog on my faceebook account. no confirmation message with instructions

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

You were correct. Check your FB again.

+ Icdedppl on April 16th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

hi jeff!

i’m #138 not including dupes ahead of me.

direct link to pic:

i’m eating tres leches cake btw.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

You were #124, and yeah, you should\’ve received a message from Chris. Kindly check again.

+ OverlordLaharl on April 16th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

I will be waiting some good news from you then Jeff! Don’t let me down man! I’m sure you will find a code somewhere :P

+ JABEE on April 16th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I am definitely within 250.

+ DeanTheMean on April 16th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Please, please let me have a access code to the beta!

+ teele777 on April 16th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

I didn’t receive further instructions but thought I made the #250 cut off and all the rules. Link to picture:

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 16th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Just went out! Check your FB again. You were #242.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7