No Man's Sky

Eat Yummy Cake, Join the Fat Princess Beta

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 15, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Yes, you can have your cake and play with it, too. Titan, the developers of the forthcoming PSN-exclusive Fat Princess are searching for beta test volunteers beginning later this week.

This is a “real” beta; the developers don’t just want you to play, they value your feedback. You should only participate if you’re willing to report your experiences on the closed beta forums, discussions, surveys, etc. You won’t just be having fun, you’ll be helping to make Fat Princess an even better game when it debuts on PSN this summer.

Also, you’ll get to brag to your friends. Over and over.

Being a closed beta, access is limited; so we want to make sure the most fervent, determined fans benefit from our allotment of 250 beta codes. We struggled with deciding how to determine which PlayStation.Blog readers want it the most. Then it hit us: cake.

The first 250 people to upload a picture of themselves eating cake (cheesecake, cupcakes and fruitcakes are all acceptable) to our Facebook fan page will get in. Please make sure that the picture is of YOU, and that you include a piece of PlayStation paraphernalia in the pic (a DualShock controller, T-shirt, PS3, PSP, etc). Just upload your pic(s) to the gallery and tag them with “Fat Princess″ – you’ll need to ‘Fan’ the page first – to let us know you want in! Then, once the beta gets underway, we’ll contact you via Facebook with information on how to join in on the fun.

In case you’re lacking for inspiration, we took some practice pics in the office. Now head out to the bakery – these spots won’t last!

Jeff eating cake for Fat Princess Chris smothered in cake for Fat Princess

SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess SCEA eats cake for Fat Princess

UPDATE: Looks like we’ve got enough photos now! The response has been awesome and overwhelming, so thanks to all of you that have entered. We’ll go through the entries now, sort out the duplicates and whatnot, and contact the approved photo-submitters via Facebook by noon (Pacific) tomorrow. If you didn’t make it, pay attention to our Twitter account for other sites that may be granting access to the beta. Thanks!!

PAGE 1 5 6 7

+ Enigma777 on April 17th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

I got the facebook confirmation and send an email to the email address I was supposed to, but I have yet to receive my code….

+ manutcri on April 17th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

I you check Titan Studios page you’ll see where we can leave feedback.

+ Super_Chicken on April 17th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

Thanks, Jeff. Got your message on PSN and replied with my email!

+ smiffypro on April 18th, 2009 at 3:27 am said:

@CanisDiris Apparently there are some problems with online play, but a patch is being worked on. I’ve been told you may have more luck using your friends. Add me if you want: smiffypro

+ CLERICSWIFT on April 18th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I got my beta code from IGN insider woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo……………….

+ sniper26 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

got my conformation but didn’t recieve my beta code have they been sent already?

+ passenger_x on April 20th, 2009 at 1:12 am said:

Playing beta locally (single player or with bots), as I can’t connect to any online game (almost any, tried for 3 days, just managed to connect to one game, but it was laggy as hell).
Do you have any kind of forum for close beta feedback? Links would be appreciated.

+ Icdedppl on April 20th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

Jeff / Chris – I still haven’t received my code. I fixed the privacy settings on my Facebook or you can send a note to my PSN ID icdedppl.

+ NoobianGod on April 20th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

Jeff quick question! I’ve poured over and over the e-mail that provided the Beta code and can’t seem to find a link anywhere to the Beta Forum for Fat Princess. Is there s link I should just “know” to access to get to it?

+ NoobianGod on April 20th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

As a follow up I have found it in the PlayStation Forums. Thanks anyways!

+ wutnowsucka on April 21st, 2009 at 1:57 am said:

I’m really angry because the contest ended, and while other sites (as I have now just found out) held contests for beta keys as well, the PlayStation Blog didn’t inform any of us as to when the others held their giveaways. USA Today gave away 1,600 codes first-come-first-serve. The fact that I didn’t know this because the PSB didn’t tell me…is upsetting.

+ Yoh on April 21st, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Man this contest wasn’t well done, still waiting for that key, I even went to purchase a piece of cake at work, really wanted to play that Beta, well seems like I will continue trying getting the Platinum for R2, 10,000 kills here I come!!

If Jeff / Chris still check this thing, here is the pic I posted. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=28349&op=14&o=global&view=global&subj=14104316802&id=1671955361

+ heatjer on April 29th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

I have posted a pic of myself eating cake but Facebook banned my account as they deemed it unacceptable against the TOS. Please I am eating so much cake that I have gained 35 pounds while waiting for the beta code. Please help me….. I crave the beta!! ME WANT FOOD!!!

+ wastedwords on May 12th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Pliz i need play that beta. I cannot eat sugar, i am diabetic.

PAGE 1 5 6 7