PS3-TLOU Left Behind

God of War Fans: Take the God of War III Collector’s Edition Survey

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Apr 15, 2009 // Product Manager, SCEA

Yes, our boy Kratos is back, and he’s guaranteed to be raining carnage and devastation upon the Gods and the entire Ancient Greek world. With so much death and destruction already on his plate, Kratos needs YOU in putting together the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition!

To help you summon the wrath of your comments, we’ve crafted together a fairly short survey to ask for your opinions on what will make the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition. Don’t worry; there are no right or wrong answers to this survey. It’s easier than taking your SATs or Driver’s License Test. We just want to give our God of War fans a chance to give us their ‘Kratos’ insights. So don’t hold back. This is your opportunity to rate and compare your own ultimate collector’s wish list. Just make sure you’re logged in to your PSN account =)

Now don’t think we expect you guys to complete this survey without a little reward. We know Kratos wouldn’t =) Conquer this short survey and you will be prized with an exclusive HD wallpaper of Kratos lifting some ‘Grunt’ weights!

You guys know what to do. Click on the image below and take the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition Survey and prove your answers are TRULY WORTHY OF THE GODS!!!

God of War III - Kratos Eyes Base

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

+ sNsKid on April 15th, 2009 at 8:02 pm said:

I really wish there was a comment edit feature on here. Double posts suck…

Anyway, God of War 1, 2 & 3 on the same BD is what I want most. My PS3 doesn’t even play PS2 games and no matter how cheap a PS2 is I am not going backwards. I don’t mind buying PSone classics though.

Final Fantasy 7 International

+ Gorvi on April 15th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

I love the idea of asking the fans what they want in the CE. I like the idea of the soundtracks and the “Making of” stuff, but I’m a sucker for that with games.

+ JuanDHexen on April 15th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

I haven’t played GOW I+II and my ps3 isn’t BC so it would be very special to me if it came with both in a disk.

+ nummerfjorten on April 15th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

GoW 1 & 2 on blu-ray. Please. I will buy it if i can get that. Seriously.

Jmd is right. I would probably get the massive one for lots of money if it had [DELETED] of stuff. Eg. everything possible. GoW is such a huge franchise even if you have the option for just a little metal box version i want the option.

Just imagine. On the forums they’ll be talking about the legendary GoWIII hardcore CE package for decades.

+ EADN-16 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

GOD OF WAR AND GOD OF WAR 2 ON BLU RAY!

give it a 10

+ Stoffinator on April 15th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

Done it through the PSN email. Very cool. I hope you guys start to do this for more collectors edition, give the fans what they really want and not what PR thinks we want.

+ tails_340 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

I feel that it’s kind of dumb to put GoW1 and 2 on blu-ray. If you plan on getting GoW3 then you should have and own GoW1 and 2 so why would you want it on Blu-Ray when you have it? It makes no sense unless your an idiot that’s just going along with GoW because it’s got unbelievable hype. So please vote for something else because I know that some people like me that own every GoW game that’s came out don’t really care about GoW1 and 2 coming to Blu-Ray since they already have it.

+ enshk79 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

I would FREAK if you put the first two games on a blu-ray disc.

Please do it, Sony!

I took the survey :)

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 15th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

Ken…since you are taking suggestions:

CE comes with exclusive HOME apartment in an appropriate theme (not just avatar costumes…a full apartment)

CE comes with G1/G2 on BD AND digital copy of PSP Title as well (or code for DL if it is on the store by then)

One and only One CE pack comes with an all-expenses paid trip to appear as an extra in the God of War movie (assuming one is in the pipeline when the game comes out :) )

CE pack includes Collector Cards that use the same tech as Eye of Judgment (Cybercode) … these cards come to life on the PS3 and give unique background information on characters/story or events.

Not CE related but I want SONY to go NUTS on the marketing…I WANT Kratos Dew, I WANT Kraitos chips, I WANT Heinz Pasta in KRATOS shapes….

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on April 15th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Some great suggestions! We\’ll definitely keep these in mind. Thanks!

+ FEARnot_ on April 15th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

@ 156 if u were a true god of war fan u would want to have gow 1 and 2 again on bluray! plus it might be upscaled to 720p or 1080p!

+ Seph_luis_br on April 15th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

A few thigs that would be interesting:

-God of War I and II inside the Blue-ray disc, with TROPHY Suport. It would give even more replay for the games. If this isn’t possible, then at least a video that tell what happened in the previous games (so that new fans can jump into the game without worrying to much for the story)

-A book with every single mythology researched for doing the god of war series with the team opinion on each mythology. It would be a diferrent extra, and a interesting one. Few people actually know the true tales of the gods (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Chronos) and the normal enemies we face in the game.

-NO T-shirts or Exclusive DLC.

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 15th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

@156…not sure of the percentage but I’d say about 70% of PS3s in the world can’t play PS2 games…for many of these people it would be nice to be able to play them in one machine off one disc.

+ Cocoreccho on April 15th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

You guys should give out Kratos plushies as a pre-order gift :3

+ t-unit07 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

even though i have both God of War and God of War II i would love to play them again over again, hopefully a little upgraded maybe with some trophies if possible if not it would still be cool, plus that sounds like an awesome bonus for a collector’s edition

+ Cocoreccho on April 15th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

plushies~ X3

+ Destiny89 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:26 pm said:

@ 125
LOL ya i know i already missed alot of this game but good thing is i played the one on the psp :D. lol i really hope they do that so i wont be lost when GoW3 comes out

+ JPMCH on April 15th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

I would like to see a Kratos figurine, a full original soundtrack and the GOW 1 and GOW 2 together in a BRD inside of a special package.

Thanks for the great HD Wallpaper!!!

+ Thrill_Kill on April 15th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Sounds great! I took the survey and the most important thing on it was GoW 1 and 2 on BluRay disc. Now the reason behind this is I already own the regular GoW and GoW2 on PS2 format. And I own a launch PS3 60GB so playing them is not a problem. I am just assuming you guys meant GoW 1 and 2 in full 1080p HD. If not then I was mistaken and dont care at all for them being on bluray disc.

In that case I would rather just get special metal packaging (like DMC4), a figurine (like SF4CE), and a bluray disc in 1080p of behind the scenes/bloopers etc. (like Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE)

PLEASE don’t put the game in a stupid flimsy box like SF4 and Resistance 2 came in… Please try to make it a BIG sturdy box like GTA4CE came in with all the goodies inside.

We all would appreciate it. :D I’d be willing to spend $89.95 on it easily.

+ ADR143 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

eclusive DLC for me is a must 4 me

+ Ikki_Fenix on April 15th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

I would like it if the first two games were on blu-ray and if you do an art book make it a real art book not something that can be covered by a post card. It should be around 8 by 11 please.

+ Darkatomz on April 15th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

I’m quite surprised so many people want the first two GoW games bundled with the collector’s edition. First, I find it somewhat hard to believe that newcomers to the franchise would buy the SE copy in their first try to the trilogy.

Second, I’m sure that adding the games to BluRay would certainly raise the price of the collector’s edition. And why would the hardcore GoW fans want a copy of the games they should still have?

+ AceNet2 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

I’d love GoW 1 & 2 on BD! Bring it Sony! This would really make a CE worthwhile! Great to see that you value our opinion, as we support your paycheck! ;)

+ Giantsquirrel on April 15th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

How about Killzone 2 party mode? Preferably free, and before GOW3 launches.

+ ADR143 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

ok nvm wat i said gow 1 and 2 in blue ray!!!!!!

then i will def buy this ultimate edition!

+ Darnell0216 on April 15th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

Took the survey and got my wallpaper :)

+ dulcediana on April 15th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

the food suggestion is a good one..in Japan they do the same with Yakuza 3 and that thing sales was on par with MGS4 .

+ Airwalkinman17 on April 15th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

oh hell yeah, i’m so stoked. I’m most def gonna buy the collectors edition if its going to have all those extra goodies. I would’ve bought it anyway, but not i GOTTA HAVE IT!

+ Ivan_Krazy on April 15th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

I’m from Australia and I hope we get the collectors edition too. And please do not have exclusive downloadable content or a lot of content that requires purchasing as people that can’t afford will be missing out!

+ EvoAnubis on April 15th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

To scale replicas of the Blades of Chaos.

+ dulcediana on April 15th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

and for all the people that complain about having GOW 1-2.. just sell the old copys and use the money for the CE .

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on April 15th, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

My number one is GOW1&2 on BD, even though I own them already. Secondly would be an exclusive in-game item, but it should be included in the box, not one of these Gamestop pre-order codes that they end up giving away before you get yours.

+ FormulaPat on April 15th, 2009 at 9:07 pm said:

they should remake gow 1&2 ON A BLU RAY DISK and sell it as a set and free action figure.

+ MegadethAndy on April 15th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

A full soundtrack of all 3 games would be nice, as long as its high quality and possibly surround sound.
Thanks for keeping us fans happy btw.

+ SpyDudeFX on April 15th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

Great wallpaper, for your next one, make sure to align all the art to the left. Windows Vista gadgets appear on the right, so it kinda blocks it a little. Now on goodies, Home stuff absolutely but the best thing would be…STEELBOOK packaging! Sony make it happen. Also make two CE SKU’s, a gift set with stuff and then just special packaging and the digital extras. Not everyone will want to pay $100+, so a good $79.99 option is nice too.

+ c0mch0 on April 15th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

This is awesome! Hope everyone voted for the Blu-Ray 1 and 2.

+ c0mch0 on April 15th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Regarding what SpyDude said, a special edition SKU would be great since I will need to buy my own PS3 here sometime soon.

+ gold5225 on April 15th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

Amazing Survey Guys I really Like what you have in Mind. Please Market this game like Crazy!

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on April 15th, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

Pretty good survey. Thanks for taking our opinion into account for the collector’s edition of the game.

As far as suggestions outside the survey go, I’d say I’d really like to see collectibles in the survey. Preferably something I can wear. However, what would be really cool is a life size replica of the blades of chaos but that would make the price of the CE jump up too high for most people’s liking. A shirt or a necklace would do. I already have a neat God of War shirt from a trip to Manhantan a year or two ago but could always use a second one to alternate with :)

+ cronqvist on April 15th, 2009 at 9:38 pm said:

That’s a very nice wallpaper there. Thank you very much!

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 15th, 2009 at 9:49 pm said:

Ken…

Remember those Magic Motion (Lenticular) pictures you used to get in Cracker Jacks….

Do one involving the classic ‘mini game’ (you know the one!) from GoW 1.

Hopefully you know what I mean: *https://docs.google.com/Present?docid=dhj6s49b_0hshmxdf2

(It IS M rated right?)

+ CH1983AG on April 15th, 2009 at 9:49 pm said:

GOW 1&2 on Bluray Pleeeeese.

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 15th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

Ken….

I mentioned earlier that I want Kratos Doritos (Kraitos!)…

Here is what they’d look like (you might need to clean it up a bit) :)

*http://i39.tinypic.com/rgzcs5.png

+ kosluftar on April 15th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

WOW, God of War and God of War II on Blu-Ray was an option. WOW!

I wish that gets chosen because my PS2 broke didn’t get a chance to play God of War II and by the time I got my PS3 (40Gb) there wasn’t any backward compatiability.

I hope that get’s chosen above all.

+ JesseHaysFL on April 15th, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

GOW 1 & 2 on bluray please please please pleasepleaseplease did i mention please?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on April 15th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

Many people are choosing GOW and GOW2. See Sony? B/C is VERY important, and MANY gamers want it. At least it looks like you are working on a software emulator, hopefully it will be released (even if compatibility isn’t high, and then improved). Please Sony, don’t screw your loyal fans.

+ jazzyrider on April 15th, 2009 at 10:04 pm said:

Took the survey – some great ideas there!

Here’s what I would like to see–
+ update the current PSP GoW bundle from a PSP2K to a PSP3K in the same red color with Kratos image

+ How about some special GoW PS3 bundles like last year’s MGS4? In other words, a red color and/or Kratos image on the PS3 along with the game and any other collectors item.

thanks for reading (and the wallpaper)!

+ Dmorrigu on April 15th, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

Right on, a good list of stuff. I think everyone should check a big 10 on that GOW 1 and 2, cause lets face it, that’ll be sweet. There is no way that Sony would make it so you have to own a ps2 to play them…they may even add some tweaks to them. One can only hope anyway. Besides, even if they didn’t make it so you could play them on your ps3 and you still had to play them on a ps2, it’d be worth it. But please, please, please, Sony, give the fans what they want…the ability to play these games, when you put them in your CE, on the ps3…i don’t see why they wouldn’t, i mean, ps2 can’t play blu ray disks…so, havn’t god of war one and two on a blu ray disk that couldn’t be played on your ps3 would be a bit of a loss…

+ TheHakku on April 15th, 2009 at 10:15 pm said:

Got this survey in my email. Awesome.

+ dulcediana on April 15th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

This reminds me when MGS4 rumors was talking about rumble support and sony gave us that back with DS3.

come on sony said already B/C gonna back.

+ papajag on April 15th, 2009 at 10:27 pm said:

Don’t you wish you can have all of it.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9