Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 16

Apr 16

inFAMOUS Goes Gold!

Brian Fleming's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

inFamous Pack Front final

3+ years, 60+ people, insane amounts of caffeinated beverages, and 70,000+ individual checkins of code, art, and media, and what do you get? A gold disc for inFAMOUS! We got the news late yesterday (just in time for the team to run off and tip a few back!) and I’m not sure it’s really sank in for me yet. But it’s official, and somewhere I hope they’re stamping out your copy of inFAMOUS right as you read this!

It’s a tradition here to bust out old builds and videos of the game and laugh at ourselves for how *crappy* the game was 2 years ago. It’s a strange combination of humiliation at how we ever showed those builds to people, appreciation to Sony for believing in us even when the game was so provably terrible, and sense of accomplishment at how far we were able to come, especially in the last 6-12 months. Plus it’s just plain hilarious to see some of our really BAD ideas on-screen.

But that’s the journey of making video games. We’re proud of what we accomplished getting to here, but the point of it all was to make something for you guys to enjoy — and we’re hopeful that you will drop us a note and let us know what you think after you’ve beaten the game! Enjoy the ride and thanks so much for all your support!

EDITOR’S NOTE: If you want to know what the last few weeks were like for Brian and the Sucker Punch team, look out for the Road To Gold dev diary releasing in May.

Add Your Own

RogueCommando said:

April 16th, 6:08 pm

another first day purchase for me!!! This is gonna be an expensive year as usual

QCVic said:

April 16th, 6:12 pm

This is great news indeed. This game looks like a must have. Congrats and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

remanutd5 said:

April 16th, 6:13 pm

at 49 yes i agree , sonys makerting this generation has been horrible , they havent properly promote the playstation image, there should be a video like the uncharted , heavenly sword , warhawk , gt5p , ratchet now airing on tv but with mlb09,killzone2, flower,infamous and even fat princess saying at the end only on playstation that would be kool

stri said:

April 16th, 6:16 pm

Yeah I’m sooo down…

This game looks sick, but will look even better when inducted into my collection.

Looking forward to it fo sho!

recon_unleashed said:

April 16th, 6:16 pm

is this game gona have trophies?

killa2dahead said:

April 16th, 6:18 pm

what does going gold do for a game?

shaksnet said:

April 16th, 6:29 pm

OK, i admit i got excited when i saw this… but then my brain kicked in, and i just can’t help but wonder how this game is going to turn out. There has been almost no hype on this game, and truthfully, i don’t know what to expect, which is a very difficult situation, as i really want to pre-order it, like i did for all the great Sony exclusives, but this is nothing like what we saw before Killzone2’s release.

Where’s the countdown on the blog? Is Infamous not worth it?

Just an observation, other than throwing around electricity balls and flying and climbing, we haven’t seen much for this game. And as you yourself have said, the previous trailers/gameplay videos were aweful, and now i really think it’s high time to show us some of the actual game’s final build gameplay.

I seriously really want to love this game, but the marketing strategy on this one, seems to have been toned down, or neglected. Maybe it’s too late to build up some huge momentum, like it happened with Killzone2, but let’s hope not. :-) Other than that, i would really want to see more footage or possibilities in the final version of the game, other than repeated episodes of “destruction via lighting balls”.

EternalMovement said:

April 16th, 6:32 pm

Congrats!

I look forward to playing it :)

Jon_Mclane said:

April 16th, 6:32 pm

Hey! This is Great news! You guys should celebrate by moving the release date even more forward :D

Griffins22 said:

April 16th, 6:35 pm

Awesome. Already preorderd for me.

Jeigh said:

April 16th, 6:36 pm

Awesomeness. Advertising the hell out of this would definitely be a good idea, but if KZ2 was any indication by proportion, this one won’t receive a great deal of press. On the plus side, things seem to be looking up, PlayStation-wise across the board. There seems to be a more pro-PlayStation attitude as of late.

It seems I have a couple of games I’ll be needing to pick up in the near-future, Valkyria Chronicles being one of the others.

x3x1x said:

April 16th, 6:36 pm

Oh man, why do you guys have to tease with the prospect of seeing old gameplay videos? I’d love to laugh with you guys about it and see how far the game has come.

Champloo4 said:

April 16th, 6:48 pm

First day purchase for me. Cannot wait. Congrats guys!!!

PullusPardusUS said:

April 16th, 6:49 pm

Can you share those videos with us? xD

sanu_canuck said:

April 16th, 6:50 pm

Yay! Congrats to the sucker punch team.

Keysersoze10033 said:

April 16th, 6:51 pm

Good job guys. Expect a day one sale from me.

starBlinky01 said:

April 16th, 6:51 pm

I love you guys, I recently bought Sly 3 and Sly 2. I loved Sly 3 so much man it was a heck of a game. Just started Sly 2 (I know I am working my way backwards), DAMN Murrays voice went through backward puberty for 3!

The differences between 2 and 3 is astounding, its great to see a company like you guys evolve your games so much.

I will be buying inFamous day 1. I can’t wait to play it. I couldn’t put down Sly 3 and I have no doubt that it will be the same for inFamous, it looks so amazing!!

Jeff257 said:

April 16th, 6:52 pm

Day One buy for me and just in time for my bday. Yep my wife is getting this for me since my bday is the day after it releases.

TerryVSL said:

April 16th, 6:57 pm

Day 1 purchase.

Game has gone gold, yet no one but a tiny number of people will get their hands on the demo until the week it ships.

A complete lack of marketing.

No Home Space promoting the game to generate buzz.

No inFamous costumes to generate buzz inside of Home.

No countdown to the release date on the blog.

How the hell can you be this INCOMPETENT SCEA?

JumperPrime said:

April 16th, 6:57 pm

BOO-YAH! inFamous is gonna be awesome. Next week, I’m planning to go down to Gamestop to buy Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 and when I do, I’m gonna preorder inFAMOUS. Gigawatt Blades, here I come!

I also agree that Sony needs to advertise A LOT more. I can’t remember the last time I saw a TV commercial for a PS3 game. You need to get the word out to more than just us diehard fans. You need to take that money you’re saving by not paying for third-party exclusives and use it to buy a buttload of TV advertising time.

Darkos87 said:

April 16th, 7:06 pm

How do you feel about being a sony exclusive, when killzone 2, a first party game with 4 years worth of hype, expensive ad campaigns doesn’t manage to get the lion share of software sales in the first month that it is out?

I’m just a concerned customer. I will be buying your game for sure.

BigPoppaB said:

April 16th, 7:07 pm

hope it’s good… I’ll let the demo decide whether or not it is worth a buy.

Looks solid but I’m tight with my money

ksncobra said:

April 16th, 7:07 pm

Congratulations to the Sucker Punch crew! Loved the Sly Cooper series and am looking forward to playing your latest.

lebron_accel said:

April 16th, 7:11 pm

Congrats Sucka PunCh, hOpe inFamous sells well on May!

BoobooJones said:

April 16th, 7:15 pm

You guys at Sucker Punch have done an amazing job. I used to stuck between this and prototype. But, After watching some gameplay vids of InFamous and after watching the ten reasons to own prototype…I’m definatly leaning more towards InFamous.

TheGuardianFID said:

April 16th, 7:17 pm

I saw this earlier today, but it’s nice to see the official announcement, I can’t wait for the game it looks fantastic!!! :D

Borkil said:

April 16th, 7:20 pm

a bit off topic, but i had a quick question!
where would i post bugs/glitches and other gameplay suggestions for the Fat Princess beta

is there a forum somewhere? i’ve been looking but can’t find anything

Chaos_Bladez said:

April 16th, 7:21 pm

I’m getting it for sure, but in the summer vacation. I can’t keep buying games back to back.

It looks amazing, I can’t wait! :D

It sounds like a great tradition to bust out old builds and see them. Why not show us? ;)

Now back to Sly Cooper, right? :D

mpnjdevil07 said:

April 16th, 7:34 pm

Why all EB GAMES and GAMESTOP’S here in my area central jersey have it listed as releasing on july 2nd? i went to all of them today and teh same thing, isnt that gonna affect the game sales a little?

myke-myke said:

April 16th, 7:34 pm

PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME MARKETING FOR THIS AND KILLZONE.

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

I HOPE YOU GUYS DO BETTER FOR GOD OF WAR 3 AND GT5 NEXT YEAR!!!

wu-stix said:

April 16th, 7:37 pm

@61 Aamazon has VC for $40 right now.

Jenovah said:

April 16th, 7:40 pm

Oh Hell Yeah!!!

Kittonwy said:

April 16th, 7:52 pm

INFAMOUS!!!111!!! >:|

KonfusedKat said:

April 16th, 8:01 pm

This is awesome news! Also, you should have shared some of the “terrible” videos of InFamous, it would’ve been a good laugh. Maybe even some videos of strange glitches.

I’ll be sure to e-mail my thoughts of InFamous when I’ve beaten it!

saltshaker55 said:

April 16th, 8:11 pm

Can’t wait!! Is there goin to be a special/collectors edition?

D-Squad3 said:

April 16th, 8:16 pm

Great news! So is it rated “T”?

MistaTricksta said:

April 16th, 8:24 pm

congratulations guys. really looking forward to this game, and have been since it was first announced.

TakiFuGu said:

April 16th, 8:28 pm

I’m very excited for this game but I don’t like the voice of Cole.

Lanmanna said:

April 16th, 8:31 pm

I can’t wait the Sly Cooper games are awesome and I know Sucker Punch will deliver with this too.

Hopefully they get back to Sly after this? xD

Korbei83 said:

April 16th, 8:32 pm

looking forward to it

Kenshin71 said:

April 16th, 8:36 pm

Was kind of looking forward to the game but the voice acting I heard was terrible and turned me off. Maybe next time get some feedback in the early stages. May still get this but will wait on reviews.

aronlennon said:

April 16th, 8:39 pm

Congratulations Sucker Punch!
You guys deserve a break. inFAMOUS looks absolutely amazing. Can’t wait to pick this game up when it releases.

Elvick_ said:

April 16th, 8:48 pm

I for one, can’t wait for this game. It looks fantastic. I can’t wait to play it. Love the Sly Cooper series and can’t wait to try out this game by a bunch of talented individuals.

Kren420 said:

April 16th, 8:59 pm

I really do wonder where my copy is right at this moment…….

ZekeXenu said:

April 16th, 9:02 pm

Congratulations to everyone at Sucker Punch. inFamous looks better and better every time I see it.

I’m actually a little surprised at how fast things seemed to have come together over the past few months (well, fast from the point of view of a layman).

Let’s hope that Sony actually markets this one early on and on more than one TV station…

Jaresk said:

April 16th, 9:11 pm

Can’t wait! Maybe I should replay through the Sly Series while I wait. Well, for a week or two at least… ;)

unr3alek said:

April 16th, 9:31 pm

I will definitely buy this game, it looks amazing.

Gambit07 said:

April 16th, 9:55 pm

Once a few good reviews roll in, it will be a buy.

Champ78 said:

April 16th, 9:57 pm

Wherefor are’t thou PS1 games?

– as promised April 16th #196

JesseHaysFL said:

April 16th, 10:10 pm

will own day one, thank you.