PS4 - Destiny

Introducing SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Apr 16, 2009 // Senior Producer, SCEA

It’s been over 2 years since we released SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PlayStation Portable. During that time we’ve been working diligently to improve the SOCOM Fireteam Bravo series and are excited to announce the upcoming release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP.

Join the ominous world of ex-secret operatives as you lead a covert operation to track and interrogate former KGB agent, Alexander Gozorov who is believed to be withholding information on a forthcoming attack with weapons of mass destruction.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot 1

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot

While the SOCOM name has long been synonymous with multiplayer tactical gaming, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 takes it a step further allowing players to tackle missions with teamwork and firepower. Players can also compete online; communicate via voice chat, battling for Medals and a place on SOCOM’s online leaderboards.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 is being developed by Slant Six Games. Keep your eyes on the blog to check out a teaser trailer for SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 in the near future.

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Handige_Harry on April 16th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Wil The PSP getting Trophies??
PSP is already using PSN acounts so Trophies for PSP games will be great ! Socom could be a Good starter for it !

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 16th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

@#50…GROW THE HELL UP!..SOCOM ISNT ABOUT FUN ITS ABOUT AWSOME!..FUN IS RATCHET AND CLANK..SOCOM IS A SERIOUS GAME!SLANT6 RUINED IT COMPLETELY..THIER ONLY CHANCE IS NEW MAPS,GEAR AND GUNS! I WOULD BUY THIS GAME SO USED…CUZ THERES NO WAY IM GONNA SUPPORT SLANT6..EVER AGAIN!!!

+ StalkingSilence on April 16th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

@51 – Handige_Harry – you might be onto something!

+ Jeigh on April 16th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Mm… I suppose if it sells, why not? Really, I’d love to see more original properties. Shooters just seem to be everywhere… Sorry, I’m actually kind of depressed at the moment, so maybe this should be disregarded…

+ Edge_Of_Blood on April 16th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

If you love Fireteam Bravo 1 and 2, then there’s a high possibility everyone else will love this one . . . . :D

+ xI-Red-Ix on April 16th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

OMFGGFGED E GF RTGH

+ BigOLBallz on April 16th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Why is the psp version of Socom looks better then the Ps3 version? I have the Ps3 version matter of I reserved it.

+ soupman15 on April 16th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

So when will we hear more info on the game and online modes, and how many maps there are? Also will we see a demo or something in the future?

+ nuness1988 on April 16th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Thank you sony for giving /6 a system they can handle.

+ BigPoppaB on April 16th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

after confrontation… maybe they should stick to the PSP

+ Psycho_Eddie on April 16th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

@BigPoppaB

or better yet; the DS.

+ Sdodge on April 16th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

I love socom confrontation unlike many of you.
I just cant see whats so wrong with it.

Please someone tell me why confrontation sucks because I have so much fun with it.

+ katsuo7171 on April 16th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Slant Six????? Well atm this game is at a 1 out of 100.

Slant 6 if you F.u.c.k up this game just give up in making games and leave the Socom franchise to Zipper

+ DaxMontana on April 16th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

#62:

Confrontation would be a great game…if the year was 1997.

+ SillyHatMafia on April 16th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

I’m glad to see alot of stuff for PSP coming out but i’m not sure how Slant Six will do.

+ ManaKnight on April 16th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

@ Everyone,

Slant Six already made SOCOM Tactical Strike on PSP, which released back in Novemeber 2007. Also, they assisted with Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. They definitely have PSP experience and have done well with PSP (Tactical Strike did not have online issues and ran great, very fun game too).

+ Thrasher20 on April 16th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Looks awesome

+ BigOLBallz on April 16th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

#62 Psp graphics on Blu ray disc

+ The_Punisher111 on April 16th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Sounds interesting but will there be better graphics?

+ XgargunoX on April 16th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

for ps3 too?

+ King_DX on April 16th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Fix Confrontation already. Never allow Slant Six to make another game. I will NEVER buy another /6 game and I will be sure to tell my friends to avoid it as well.

Slant Six fragged Socom with bad ps3 development

+ KillerBread on April 16th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

why sony WHY!!!

+ gooch-getta on April 16th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Seeing who it is made by already tells me that i will ever purchase it. Nice try, how about getting a real company then get back to selling millions of this game instead of ruining a great franchise.

+ NEJI64 on April 16th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

My only problem with Confrontation not having a Single player game. Not having a sing player was taking the sole out of the game. Instead they should of added Co-op with Single and Multiplayer. We have Warhawk for a Multiplayer which i think is a better game.

+ mastrofallz on April 16th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

Get Zipper back to SOCOM series. I think /6 are just a bunch of lazy bums..

+ opsh18 on April 16th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! Finally, I cant wait for this to be released, i hope they did’t f this one up like they did Tactical Strike.

+ Josh6714 on April 16th, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

Awe man when i saw this I thought it was going to be a PS3 Socom but its not :(

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 16th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

For the PSP4000 with touch screen capabilities? :D

+ ADR143 on April 16th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

dont trust /6…..

+ diare33 on April 16th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

this make me so sad,.. i had my psp for so long, without any fun games it dusted away .. took it out the other day, thought i was gonna get me Resistance retribution, and i lost it in the bathroom floor:(

+ Jmat_14 on April 16th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS [DELETED] SWEET

+ xXDark-AlgaXx on April 16th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

YES!! Socom FTB2(Fire TEam Bravo 2) is the best online game ever for the PSP, well that’s only if you have a mic. If you don’t have a PSP, Get one! You Will Not Regret it, I SWEAR!

Note: Get a mic also, and socom fireteam bravo 2 :D.

Enjoy!

+ spunnups on April 16th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Slant Six = Fail

+ Korlithiel on April 16th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

Any chance we will see users banned for hacking? If so I’m totally looking forward to this, but if not I may get around to it.

+ FromYesterday on April 16th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

OMG!! Finally! I’m so glad you guys didn’t give up on this series. I bought Tactical Strike, while it’s good, it doesn’t feel like the ps2 SOCOM games. I also bought SOCOM Confrontation and that’s multiplayer only (and my stats keep getting wiped for some reason…) anyways, Fireteam Bravo 1 and 2 were excellent, I will pre-order this ASAP.

+ Champ78 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

Wherefor are’t thou Ps1 games?

+ Marsz85 on April 16th, 2009 at 11:55 pm said:

@13 You sir, are my hero!

/6 can go to hell. they need to apologize to the fans for lying and what they did with Confrontation. This is why we got a half assed game in the first place.

+ Gunwing on April 17th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Cool screen shots! I might pick this up as my first ever SOCOM game! I hope the FPS rates have been much improved!

+ SlimSkanezie on April 17th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

I’m not sure if I can waste more of my hard earned money on a game made by slant 6. I was trying so hard to convince myself that Confrontation was a great game but after months of not playing it I had to cut my losses and trade it in. I didn’t really enjoy Tactical Strike either. Please come back Zipper and rescue this dead franchise.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on April 17th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

No more /6 games for me….

+ Shalrath on April 17th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

I see a lot of people forgot that Confrontation’s lag/disconnects/general terrible connections at release were because Sony’s servers couldn’t handle the load, not the netcode itself.

+ Shalrath on April 17th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

” Please come back Zipper and rescue this dead franchise.”

‘Rescue’ like SOCOM 3? hahahaha