PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 19, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

As this post hits, Chris and I will be on the way down to LA, where SCEA will be allowing some media outlets a sneak peek at some of the games we’ll be showing at E3, including:

So, as we’re prone to do, we’d like to turn over our coverage plans to you, the reader. What questions should we ask the developers and producers of these games? Please jot them down in the comments area below, and we’ll report back like we did with God of War III recently.

The best questions will focus on gameplay, graphics, and other game-related topics, as opposed to logistics (like release date) which you’re going to find out anyway. Please, get creative with your questions!

In the meantime, here are the stories that caught our eye this week, please feel free to share your own.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of April 13, 2009)

+ remanutd5 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

thank you Jeff for giving us the opportunity to ask some questions .
to Big Big studios
will they be able to bring the whole motorstorm experience to the psp??? will there be any functionality with pacific rift and arctic edge like resistance retribution and resistance 2??? why they opted for alaska???? how deep the car customization will be???

to level 5
what took you guys so long to bring the game to the U.S.??? lol, kidding , ok why did you opt it for a classical save the princess story and not for a more modern one ??? what do you think its the most important aspect of the game??? the story, the gameplay, online ???

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Good questions.

+ KazeEternal on April 19th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Ya JEFF that PS Store commercial was funny until they showed FF7 running on the PSP *hint hint*.

Glad to see I’m not the only one seeing the attach rate numbers.

As far as the X360 hang ups go, that may have more to do with the fact that most of the games the reviewer listed were based on the Unreal Engine. U3 Engine is a royal pain to work with and others like myself who have done some work with it would rather build from scratch than use it.

PS3 really isn’t problem free, I’ve had game crashes. Only 3 times while playing an offline title and thanks to killzone 2, I’m at 8 crashes while playing and 2 on Resistance 2. Not bad, but the system certainly is not problem free.

I’m very pro-PS3, but I think it’s a little unfair to point to game stability in an age where the software has gone so complex that it is hard to roll out flawless software.Especially with the PS3 applying patches to every game I own.

+ remanutd5 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

to Naughty Dog
will there be a collectors edition of Among Thieves???, how different Among Thieves will be from Drakes fortune??? how diverse the gameplay will be??? Are Sully and Elena making a return???

+ remanutd5 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

to you Jeff is there going to be an Infamous Countdown here in the blog???

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

We should make one, yeah? Thanks for the idea.

+ remanutd5 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

to Quantic Dream , how different Heavy Rain is from Indigo Prophecy ??? do you guys think Heavy Rain is a unique experience??? if so , how unique???

+ Gumbydunzeeto on April 19th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Nothing about all the negative reaction to Patapon 2 going digital? What a surprise. /sarcasm

+ RICKDOEZ1 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

plz sony can u add in game cross chat..i would so love to see u talk about this at e3..plz sony plz…
i had every p.s. known to man now this is the best one yet!! it’s only missing in game chat rooms plz sony plz!! i ask with open arm and gamers love!!!

+ ExcelKnight on April 19th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

@44

Trophies are already listed for the Japanese version. I doubt they’ll change. Way too many gold trophies, but they’re mostly really hard in the first place.

+ rcffan13 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

I have a bunch of questions so bear with me.
First, will there be any returning characters in Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronteir? Like Sig or Torn?
Second, Will the Morph Gun be in The Lost Frontier? Or will we just have the Gun Staff?
Third, Does Insomniac Games have any footage other than the teaser trailer of Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time? I’d love to see some.
Fourth, please Naughty Dog, just tell us! Will Elena and Sully be making comebacks in Uncharted 2?
Fifth, what new stuff does LittleBigPlanet PSP have to offer?
And sixth, does Infinity Ward have any footage of Modern Warfare 2 other than the teaser trailer?

+ Pound_lb003 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

For Uncharted 2, has the amazing animated cloth and wet cloth textures still in Uncharted 2?

It looks like it’s gone now :(

+ TheInfectedBy590 on April 19th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Good to hear about White Knight! :)

But where the hell’s Demon’s Souls!!! That game is sold out on just about every import web store! Come on, this game will sell a lot state side!!! :)

+ SMoKeY_RuN on April 19th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Question about FTB3:

Is FTB3 more like FTB 1 & 2 or is it more like Tactical Strike?

+ smokey_vols on April 19th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

If you get the chance ask the WKC devs if there will be any extra content or improvments for the NA version of the game.

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Will there be any changes in White knight chronicles for its US release??.

I ask this because, with a lot of JRPGs the companies make some tweaks to the gamplay or graphics and add some new content for the US/EU release.

+ hashem816 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

get more details about jak and daxter TLF and uncharted 2, like some gameplay videos

+ Calendaros on April 19th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Japanese voices for White Knight please. Come on, it’s time to use some of that bluray space.

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

How Will the new Jak and Daxter game will compare with the previous PS2 games Graphics wise??? Is it possible for the PSP version to looks as good as Jak3 or better???

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Will there be some connectivity between MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and Artic Edge??

+ OmegaArchetype on April 19th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Here some questions I could think up:

Concerning White Knight Chronicles -

1. I love weapon design, and I enjoy games with many different weapon design/types. Does this game contain a lot of weapon designs?

2. Does equipped items show on the character models, or do only certain types of equipment show?

3. Is the character created by the user significant to the story of the game in any way?

4. If not, then what’s the purpose of them being there, wouldn’t it have been better just to have them only for the online?

Concerning Uncharted 2 -

1. Will the amount of platforming be equal to Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune? I enjoyed that the most from the game, and I hope that its amount hasn’t been decreased in this next installment.

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

In Uncharted 2, will we be able to drive vehicles in a more expanded way than in Ucharted 1???. It would be awesome if in some chapter you can travel freely with a jeep or tank….UBER FANTASTIC!!!!

Another question; Uncharted 2 will be more combat oriented leaving behind the exploring and the puzzles; or it will have the same balance like Uncharted1??? I like puzzles :D

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

@70: I like Puzzles, exploring, plataforming and BLAZING HOT ACTION lol :D

+ Kamikaze135 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

White Knight Chronicles? YESSSS!!

Seriously, all we need now is Yakuza 3…I can’t even bring myself to beat the 2nd since the 3rd will most likely never come to the US =(

+ Tenan on April 19th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

I’ll make this question to Naughty Dog, since there’s more info available for Uncharted 2 than the new Jak and Daxter game:

“Will this new game feature the use of both Light and Dark Jak powers to solve puzzles and explore or will it be more gun-focused this time around?”

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

Regarding Motorstorm: Artic Edge; How is the team making possible all the frenetic Action, like the explotions, crushes, and crunches (truck – motorcicle love lol)??

How will the game will look, in order for the PSP to handle all of that??

+ Kamikaze135 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

Oh, I have some questions regarding White Knight Chronicles and Uncharted 2.

White Knight Chronicles
=========================
Will the US players be able to play with players from around the world? More people online means more playtime =D

Generally, how long does it take to beat the main quest?

Are any extras planned for the US release? Any more DLC planned as well?

Uncharted 2
========================
How long after the 1st does this take place?

Is it considered amongst the developers to be longer than the first?

Will we see new new weapons?

Is the mood of the game the same as the first? By this, I mean is it funny and have that epic feeling through the entire game.

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

@73: Naughty dog is not making the game. The game is being developed by High Impact games; the ones that developed Ratchet and clank: Size matters; and secret agent clank.

+ EvoAnubis on April 19th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Ask Quantic Dream if maybe, just MAYBE, they can give us at least a tiny tidbit of the story. I’m buying the game regardless, but I want to know SOMETHING before going in. I know the theme is, “How far would you go to save someone you love,” but I need just a bit more.

Thanks Jeff, and you & Chris have fun down there.

+ JohnnyCullenBUP on April 19th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer Revealed:

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

In Heavy Rain can you fully control your character??

What I mean with is that in gameplay videos it looked like the protagonist was going through a predetermine path; it didn´t looked as you can move freely in the house of the murderer and the “not so living dolls” lol.

Most probably I am wrong but it is never bad to ask :D

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

The PS3 games mentioned in the topic will feature some kind of DLC (I know White Knight is, but the others???

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

I have NOT played any Socom game before so, It would really great if the developers could explain the dynamic of the game. The only thing I know is that it is a tactital TPS; but I really DONT know what “tactical” means in this game.

Sorry for the ignorance :(

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Hey Jeff, aside of the interviews, will the blog show some new footage of the games in topic?? XD

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

You can expect to see some new footage, yes.

+ Lucreto on April 19th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up.

When will this event take place and will there be information released here about it or are you going to make us wait until E3?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Happening this week, you\’ll hear about *most* of these things before E3.

+ usin420 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

When white knight chronicles comes out in the U.S. will we be able to play with other poeple across the globe? Can’t wait for E3, looks like theres gonna be alot of good vibes going sonys way. Peace

+ Heavenly_king on April 19th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

I really hope that my questions about Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain get some answer.

+ TheHater2 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

OMG. My heart rate just went trough the roof as I read White Knight.
My question are for White Knight only.

1)What are you guys plan to expand this game over the PSN? Will their be DLC, expansion packs, more quests?

2)Will the English version have contents the Japanese release didn’t have?

3)Does the online part of this game have a Game Invite feature so it will be easier to play with your friends?

4)Will there be co-op on the Main Story offline or online?

5)About how long would you say the Single player is?

6)Will there be a WKC 2? I can see this series quickly becoming one of my favorite, if not my favorite JRPG series if there will be a WKC 2.

+ MarvelAssassin on April 19th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

For Uncharted 2, I would like to know what they are doing with the pacing of the game? One of my main issues with the first Uncharted was the water-ski boat missions that I felt kinda ruined the pacing. It was too much, stop-shoot, stop-shoot.

+ gmoney0505 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Quantic Dream:
Will there be any customization to the characters in Heavy Rain?

Can you give us info on what type of DLC for Heavy Rain will they add? Like another episode, More character customization.

Sony Sana Monica:
Will there ever be a game to feature playing as a God or playing as Zeus and reliving Titanomachy?

Naughty Dog:
How long will Uncharted 2 be. Longer than the 1st, shorter (I hope not), or the same?

Will the enemies be able to climb like Drake do to get to you?

Will there be more QTE than the 1st?

Will there be any boss battles in the game?

+ gmoney0505 on April 19th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Heavenly_king:
They have gameplay footage of Heavy Rain on the internet were someone was fully controlling the character. So you will have full control of the character just not in certain events in the game.

+ Sdodge on April 19th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I was wondering if the game trine will have online co-op, or if it just local.

+ Martin_Keamy on April 19th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

The only question I have is, “When are they being released?!!”

:D

+ Neil on April 19th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

White Night Chonicles.
1. Will we have options for both Japanese and English VO?
2. Will the multiplayer have voice chat?

+ EmperorKorea on April 19th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Will the co-op mode for Uncharted 2 be for 2 players only or more?

What exclusive features will there be for the superior PSP version of Jak & Daxter?

+ Shuya86 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

For White Knight Chronicles could you please ask the developers at Level 5

“Do you plan to include the option for a Japanese language track with english subtitles in the western release of the game? JRPG fans enjoy the option of playing this way rather than with dub overs as it feels more authentic and with Blu ray it’s finally a possibility to make it happen. Sega’s Valkyria Chronicles included this option please consider it thanks.”

+ katsuo7171 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Socom: Have you learned from your TERRIBLE DESTRUCTION of Socom Confrontation to make this game on par?

Heavy Rain: Give us ANY info. Seriously all we have is a 30 minute clip showing a Casting lady wanting to commit suicide. It looks good but I really don’t understand anything.

MAG: Gameplay video, and live chat at a REASONABLE TIME. Not when everyone is at work/college.

Team ICO Project: REVEAL IT!!!!!!

Secret PS3 true blue system seller: Once Again Reveal IT.

A little Tid bit: Sony has the potential to crush all competition with 1 move, which is lower the PRICE. I mean we have more AAA exclusive titles than all other consoles on the market. For every 1 exclusive GOOD game the other consoles have Sony releases 5.Come on a 5 year old kid can market better than the whole Sony Marketing team.

Anyway, Thanks for listening and reading.

+ ADR143 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

hmm heavy rain looks intresting

+ latinoman6 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

I’d like you to ask about how that whole thing about Keira becoming a sage fits into the story, what’s that all about? And what about Haven City or the Wasteland? Will we be able to return to any part in those places during the game? Is Jak going to use blue, red, and yellow eco in different ways now? Is that how the whole awesome normal Jak powers are gonna work?

+ Sarges24 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

White Knight?
Uncharted 2?
Heavy Rain?

Actually gets me a lil excited for E3 this year. However I’m more excited about just getting to add to the collection of Killzone 2 from this year w/ inFAMOUS, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 (will it make it?), White Knight Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!

White Knight. Has the team worked on some of the problems that reviewers from Japan disliked about the game? Perhaps to make a more robust title.

Uncharted 2. Don’t care. Naughty Dog is one of the elite developers out there. Give me Drake’s Fortune in a new setting and I won’t complain.

Heavy Rain. Just tell me more. The innovation and exclusives are elusive but I want more. Why is this a none playing game that I should own? Sell me.

+ phinnv8 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Valkyria Chronicles needs trophies not more DLC.
PS3 needs cross game private VOICE chat.
Release Final Fantasy games on US store.

Listen requests Sony!

+ Skittles2 on April 19th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

For WKC:

Will you inculde any improvements in the US release of the game?(voice-chat, auto-run, etc…)

Will a special edition be available?

Will the DLC that was available in Japan, be released here too?(dates would be nice)

For Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier:

New Gameplay features that we should know about?

Does it take place right after the 3rd?

Average gameplay length?

Will weapons be as creative as the other 2?

Will there be more weapons than Jak 2? Or less?

For Jeff:

Can you dig up anything on Demon’s Souls coming to US?