PS4-Watch_Dogs

Killzone 2 DLC price and trailer

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 21, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last week we announced Killzone 2′s first downloadable map pack, “Steel & Titanium.” In case that’s not ringing a bell, take a look at this new trailer for the two-map set:

Today we can also confirm that “Steel & Titanium Pack” will be available on the PlayStation Store next week (April 30th) for $5.99.

+ FireWarrior-st on April 21st, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Too much i mean come on. There is two maps but you want us to pay 10% of the games price? I mean ther eis no ligic in this if you had sold it with 4.99 or 4.95 i would have bought it. I have never used the PSN store and I will not if you want me to pay 6 dollars for it but because I live in EU you probably charge 6 euros for it. I do not know if the 5.95 dollars is the 10% over the sea but here the 6 euros is.

+ ProSoldier14 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Im sorry but that is rip off.

+ Chase167 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

$5.99 is nothing
anybody that’s has a problem with it
go play the wii

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

waaa waaaa waaaa crybabies man….no wonder sony doesn’t listen to you guys on here, lames…

+ Andorski on April 21st, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

How will the DLC affect those who do not buy it? Will they just be kicked out of the room when either of those two maps are selected for the next round?

+ dojikyo on April 21st, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

The complaint about $6 isn’t that 6 is a lot of money, the COD4 map pack was $10. It is that the maps are slightly overpriced.

COD4 had a per map cost of $2.50 ($10/4 maps). Resistance 2 had 3 maps for $5 so it was about 1.67/map. So the per map cost is higher than the other SCE published titles or even one of the most popular shooters ever.

Beyond that, $5 is a normal increment for the psn wallet where 6 isn’t.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

156..killzone 2 isnt cod4/r2…dev costs are probably higher, and it still sounds pretty petty to complain about $1 or $2

+ jlch777 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

Common GG!! $5.99 for 2 maps from the single player campain really?? i will pass…(-_-).

+ Tagan55 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

ok you people need to stop whining, this game is prob the best ps3 exclusive ive played. If you feel like this is a rip off dont buy it, its that sample you cant go through life expecting everything to be free like little kids. i make 6.55 an hour in 1 hour i can make enough to get this game. This game is M rated so you sould be mature enough to know how to make money and not whine. this game gets more updates than alot of games and dlc this early on is very good. the only game that compares to be better than this game online is cod4, this game could be just as good if they add prestige even then it still is awesome.

+ Tagan55 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

154 i completley argee with you

+ ProSoldier14 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Personally, I think it would of been much better if it was three maps. Then it would definitely be worth it even with out the trophies.

+ ClinToN on April 21st, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

@rAdIOhEad73

Who are you kidding…complainers being mature?

I’ve yet to read that in ANY post on the PS Blogs. It’s always some one crying about not getting hand outs.

Our hobby is a luxury and not a necessity. I suggest those complaining do something constructive with their money…like buy a happy meal.

+ ClinToN on April 21st, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

And sorry if my typing seemed rushed…I wasn’t really concentrating. :D

+ JaKhris on April 21st, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Hey,

I’m hoping for a fair price in Europe, may I remind that $1 does NOT convert to 1€ but 0,77€.

I’m hoping for 4,99€, not more, even if it should be more about 4,59€. (to be accurate, 4,62€ but that won’t happen)

And for the UK, I think a nice price would be £3.99…

Anyways, the pack looks good. Someone talked about new trophies, if that’s true, it great.

Chris

+ bdavid81 on April 21st, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Granted, we’d love to have it free, or even at $2.99. Honestly though, why the hell are people complaining about $6? It’s a damn combo at McDonald’s… Six damn dollars for how many hours of enjoyment? People whine just for the hell of it.

+ EmperorKorea on April 21st, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

lame. two maps from campaign for $6? no buy.

+ stack0487 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Since they always lower the pounds sterling price, I agree that the Euro price should reflect the exchange rates with the dollar that have been pretty consistant over the past year or so.

+ NyPrince on April 21st, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Ill pass, Killzone2 sucks, has to be one of the worst FPS I’ve played.. It has to be up their with Soldier of fortune payback as most worst. I can’t believe the bad games get support super fast with DLC to trick people into buying their trash game.

+ Thrasher20 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Well I guess $5.99 is a bit reasonable. Better than paying $10 IMO. The maps look really fun especially the Vekta Bullet. I loved that level in single player. It feels like you are running uphill since the train goes so fast. Well, great job Guerrilla. Will be thinking of getting this..

+ loadstone007 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

I’m a serioud Killzone 2 fan, like many others in here. And I’ll pass too, like many others in here.
Charging 6$ for two maps is a bad joke.

+ Kenmichi on April 21st, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

@168

Aww Look at the cute little troll!

First day purchase for me. 5.99 now seems like a steep investment, but down the line the money spent will be well worth it.

+ stack0487 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

This should be free. Everything should be free on the PNCCPBM, the Playstation Network Charity for Cheap People who Bi.tch and Moan. Waa Waa Waa. Get a job, loser.s.

+ jqtaxpayer on April 21st, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Some of the comments here are downright baffling. Kudos to today’s video game developers for continuing to tolerate a thankless consumer base.

While I think $6 is a LITTLE high for 2 maps, I’ll probably pick these up… especially if there’s trophies. Haven’t really played the online since getting my Valor Grand Cross kindof wore me out on Killzone 2, but this is as good a reason to get back into it than any!

+ Morisato06 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

People need to stop complaining about the price, if you don’t like, the solution is simple… Don’t purchase it.

For me, the price is satisfactory, and if you actually have a job, $5.99 is nothing (you pay more for a meal in alot of restaurants).

Even then… I’m sure you can scrap some lunch money together if you really want it XD

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

its $6!!!!! you people suck, lol Killzone has the worst fans ever…

+ Tagan55 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

168 i guess you thought gundam and kane&lynch were mind blowing AAA games then didnt ya?

+ HazeBlaze on April 21st, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

LOL, there seems to be a lot of haters in these comments. Ah well, both maps look AWESOME to me & I will gladly lay down $6 for them!!! Day one for me GG, thanks!

+ stack0487 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

Kittens.

+ IIIKAGEIII on April 21st, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

they will probably be like $15.99 in australia. we get ripped. 5.99 doesn’t sound to bad. i would have liked more than 2 maps though.

+ lokusbewohner on April 21st, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

i hate it cuz i have no credit card -.- and in germany there’S no other method to pay PLS give us PSN-cards SONY PLEASE we germans will ♥ you

+ stack0487 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

If you worked for the same amount of time you all spent bit.chi.ng and moaning about the $6 price tag, you’d have earned enough money to buy it. Ch.ris.t, get a life. Also, the moderation on this forum is a bad joke.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

@176…you know, i liked kane and lynch =0

+ stack0487 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Apparently using the word CHRIST is now a moderation issue. Wow. The world has finally gone mad.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

well if you use it in a derogatory way, then it should be moderated man…

+ Tagan55 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

182@ lol sorry im just trying to prove a point to a troll :P

+ Rude_Sparthan on April 21st, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

This is a really honest price guys.. I love KZ.. so nice job guerrilla and sony! thank’s

+ Rude_Sparthan on April 21st, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

..oh and thank you also for the patch… GREAT!!!

+ Trieloth on April 21st, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

WoW!! whats with the cry babies? Six dollars is NOTHING I surpirized it wasnt ten dollars…now that I think about it, dont buy it cuz I dont want you in the game. Cheap ****’s, come over here so I can slap you!

Anywho thanks for the support of the game and Iam looking forward to the next expansion (that I will pay for), thank you very much.

+ millerdude75 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

Sony never fails to disappoint. 2 maps for $6? After the flop Socom Craponexpectations turned out to be I thought maybe Killzone 2 might be the game to justify my PS3 purchase. It’s a good game, but I’ll pass on 2 extra maps. Come on Sony, wake up!

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

@185, yeah it wasn’t a AAA title, but i thought it was pretty fun for the most part haha…

+ SnakeStrife on April 21st, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Seems a bit too expensive for 2 maps. I think $3.99 would probably be the right price range for me.

I’m truthfully comparing the DLC price from this to MGS4. For $11.99 You can get the Gene DLC, which adds 3 new maps, 2 unique playable characters (which includes 2 unique new weapons), Survival Mode, Adds Female Character Creation, and pretty much opens up the Reward shop (Further Customizable characters)

Being half the price then the 1st DLC for MGO this doesn’t seem like it has half the content it has.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

oh man, i can’t believe how much people are really let down by this, a stupid rumor led to these comments, its pretty sad that you people cannot grasp the fact that not everything is free man, sonys online is free, $6 for 2 maps is very reasonable…

+ Roverxk9 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

I’ve always thought paying for MP maps or modes didn’t make much sense. If i buy it and my friends dont, I’ll still be playing on servers without the maps.

Automatically the population for these maps are impacted, so you’ll have fewer servers running them and they will be either crowded or empty.

Maybe im just crazy…also 5.99 for two maps? I asked myself the question, would I pay 5.99 for four new maps? And the answer was still maybe…

/rant

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Hey 191…. the unreal titan pack was free which added a buuunnch of maps/trophies/fixes, etc.. so that means every company has to put out things for free right?

+ Cesarcsrf on April 21st, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

nice!

+ ShapeShifta on April 21st, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I refuse to pay for map packs, don’t care how much I love the game. Give me content that doesn’t depend on others having it to enjoy it. I don’t want to waste money or time if not enough people are going to get it.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

blah im done, GG great job, good price and keep the content coming!!

+ Tailsnakes on April 21st, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

I’ll pass, two maps for $6 is a huge ripoff when you have games like UT3 giving you 19 maps for free. I don’t expect a huge pack like UT3′s for free in every game, but this is just ridiculous.

+ Roverxk9 on April 21st, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

@192 good point, i should probably take that into consideration. However i’d rather pay for if it meant more “free updates.” Not to mention cross gaming voice chat…its so annoying to log into teamspeak / ventrilo on my laptop just to have a constant voice chat open with friends.

Honestly though since not everyone wants to pay, maybe they should make separate packages like 360 where people that pay for the PSN account sometimes get free DLC.

Sry for second rant…