LittleBigPlanet 3

Killzone 2 DLC price and trailer

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 21, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last week we announced Killzone 2’s first downloadable map pack, “Steel & Titanium.” In case that’s not ringing a bell, take a look at this new trailer for the two-map set:

Today we can also confirm that “Steel & Titanium Pack” will be available on the PlayStation Store next week (April 30th) for $5.99.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ S-E-G on April 21st, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

you should be happy we bought your game man, why try to milk us for everything we got? is that the way to treat your loyal fans? no freakin way i’m paying 5.99, almost 8 bucks with tax for 2 maps, your kidding right? time to give gamestop your money. DLC is getting out of hand, what if i don’t buy the maps and a friend of mine does? the game is no good for me anymore because i can’t follow him anymore on multiplayer games, this is stupid because we did purchase the same game after all and now my friend and i end up with 2 different games in the end, i’m getting fed up with this DLC crap.

+ talamascano on April 21st, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Hey the price of 5.99 its goods because Guerilla worked in this for a long time i think so and they look awesome. Please for the next add on put cars or something like that Guerilla!! Thanks

+ veddermatic on April 21st, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

$6?? Outrageous.

When this hits $1.99 I might buy it, but I won’t support holding back content at launch, just to charge 10% of the game’s price for it later.

With 8 shipping MP maps, at $6 per two maps, that means that according to their pricing, making the maps that shipped took almost HALF the entire game’s time / budget. I highly doubt that.

Making great maps takes a *lot* of time and effort, but come on… this is inexcusable.

+ Raacky on April 21st, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

S-E-G…add me to your friends list for info man, you friend can also have it

+ ghostpos on April 21st, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I’m going to buy it, I am a huge fan of the game. Although I will make one comment, if people don’t buy this and populate the servers with either of these maps I will be upset. I don’t want this to split the community entirely and I want to have a good time with these online!

+ Irishmandkg on April 21st, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

$5.99 would be fine if the map pack had three or four….but two? no thanks, way to rip us off…5.99 now, and then a month later another map pack for $10. Thank you sony for giving us text chat…and now two maps for $6!!1

+ HanSolo on April 21st, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

$ 5.99 for 2 maps is way too much, and also a big mistake, you will be splitting the community to early in the stage of this game

i wished you listened to my advice and at least made the first dlc free to keep the community growing, o well too greedy too early

+ DoomnY on April 21st, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

PS3 21mln sold, K2 1mln sold, 1st DLC 100k sold, 2nd DLC 10k sold… Thank you Sony. No body loves you anymore.

+ An4564 on April 21st, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

5.99 great i thought it would of been like 6.99 or 7.99

+ ADR143 on April 21st, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

lol ppl say SONY failed….

this stop being dumb ppl! 2 new great maps! new trophies and great game! for only wat 5.99? man ppl these days expect everything free at DLC

+ DirtyDee on April 21st, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

People on this blog are stupid. Overpriced? Holding back content? Good God you would think people with a $400 game system would be whining about 1 dollar, since they seem to think 4.99 would be O.K. (Maybe their parents bought them their system)

New Blog Feature… Ignore option.

Make it happen guys!

+ DirtyDee on April 21st, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Oh and as for split community… shut the hell up, all of the friggin community still has access to all the standard maps.

Stop crying about your online boyfriend not having the maps.

+ warezIbanez on April 21st, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Listen up, b*&%^&s, there’s something called Game Resources; there’s no developer out there stupid enough to develop new game textures, sound effects, and external world models in 2 months to charge only $6 dollars, and I’M ONLY TALKING ABOUT ONE F^%$^*(& MAP! I’m still getting these maps, and if you trolls and b*(&*^s don’t want to pay for it, then GET THE F)%& OFF.

+ kelo360 on April 21st, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

check out my review of killzone 2

+ NyPrince on April 21st, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

@176
Games that I thought were AAA are MGS4,VC,Uncharted,R@C,CoD4,MLB the show 08 and 09, LBP, GT5P, the others fall into great category like motor storm and rock band but KZ2 falls into the terrible margin. Sorry I don’t like KZ2, but sales show that im not the only ps owner that thinks it sucks also. Then these people have guts to charge like $8 for 2 maps? lol

+ ctbundy on April 21st, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

Count me in!

+ BoobooJones on April 21st, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Keep up the good work GG and Sony. Look like its time to buy a PSN card. Oh and Jeff…I’d like to crush you in some Killzone 2…What do you say?

+ Berae on April 21st, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

2 maps for 5.99$ is a bit overpriced, if you changed the price we pay here in Canada its gonna be something like 7.99$, at that price ill pass.
Usually i dont complain about prices of anything when i want it but that.. i mean i can live without it

+ Dave18901 on April 21st, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

well I just got a PSN from blockbuster so all I gotta do is wait

+ Sir_Dr_JM on April 21st, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

I’m probably not the first to say this but still..

@ numerous people complaining

Seriously guys, nobody wants to hear you talking about how your not going to buy it. I’m sure we’d all love for them to make us free stuff but really, we live in a world of money so obviously GG/Sony would charge for this. They kinda need to in order to make money to keep the business running and keep making new DLC.
If you think $5.99 is expensive then how did you buy a PS3?!
If $5.99 is the price of perfection, then I’m sold.

Keep up the good work GG. Can’t wait for the next surprise.

+ Vocor_Kane on April 21st, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

$6 is a little more than what I wanted to pay for two maps, but I’ll consider it. What frustrates me the most about this update and price point is that it will now split the community over what? Two maps. What’s going to happen in the rotation? It’s hard enough sometimes to find enough people for tourney games when everyone has the maps on the disc. Tournament games at the new maps will be almost impossible to fill after the first few weeks.

+ TUSTIN1 on April 21st, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Hmmm…six bucks, eh – So if I skip my large coffee and bagel on release day, I can afford to buy two maps that I can enjoy for weeks on end…

…it’s a tough call…LMFAO

+ perk1n on April 21st, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

sry, thats [DELETED]. way to exspencive for ONLY two maps…

+ Wafi24 on April 21st, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

@7 lol and $599 dollars for new maps that’s a great price next time man don’t forget the decimal point makes a huge difference your only about $593.01 off

+ Chase167 on April 21st, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

203 veddermatic
207 HanSolo
218 Berae

go trade your ps3 in
and yourself a Wii and Wii fit
crybaby

your probably the same fools who paid for
resident evil 5 online patch

+ Kreamz28 on April 21st, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

A lot of people are saying that there’s going to be trophies with this pack, but it doesn’t say that anywhere on this post. Can any one confirm this please.

+ tbag101 on April 21st, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

WOOT!

+ Berae on April 21st, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

@225 hmmm ok why not…

I’m not complaining about the fact that we have to pay for maps lol, its normal but 5.99$ or 7.99CAN for 2 maps its a bit overpriced, maybe i would not complain at all if i was a big fan of FPS but its not the case even if i like Killzone a lot, if you realize it 8$CAN is 1/7 of what the complete game cost me
maybe they are trying to get some money to compensate for the free updates coming

and what are you talking about with your resident evil BS?

+ TheFray9 on April 21st, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

god everyone shut up!
this DLC isnt over priced
$5.99 is a great price
$3 per map is pratically free
are u guys too poor to earn 6 freakin dollars?
ive got 4 words for you
SHUT THE F**K UP!

+ bravo9zero on April 21st, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Bit of a Rip-off for just two small maps tbh GG.

+ FAMILYGY3319 on April 21st, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

I will get this but only because I’ll be splitting the cost with my friend. Otherwise I would still probably get it because I like this game so much. This costs too much regardless.

+ FAMILYGY3319 on April 21st, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

I’m guessing that in the Wasteland Bullet map, there will be no aerial bots?

+ CaptainKratos on April 21st, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

Wow almost OUT!!!! hey Jeff can you give me 6 bucks?

+ Ikki_Fenix on April 21st, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

How am I supposed to pay for content while paying for my annual subscription to PSN… oh wait its free so I can buy more content.

$50/year = 8 map packs

+ jakegreen on April 21st, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

RIP OFF RIP OFF!!!! even if it does have 12 new trophies 5.99 is a rip off for 2 maps it should be like 2.99 or 3.99 for this DLC, i mean RE5 gave a new game mode in their DLC with some maps and it was 4.99 you guys are ripping us people off

+ alaM0000 on April 21st, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

wow!!!! :P

+ RoyBrown on April 21st, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

David Bull replied on April 21, 2009 at 10:36 am

The two maps aren’t ports of their single player brethren. Instead, they’re two maps based on levels from the single player campaign.

__________________________________________

The maps arent ports.

The maps are ports.

$10.00 AU

I’m not buying it.

I’d rather play with the non split part of the community.

Sorry, but thats an epic fail right there if I have ever seen one.

I’m not cheap, it’s just a matter of not being able to understand why?

1. You want to split the community so early.

2. $10.00 AU? Your kidding right?

+ nabokovfan87 on April 21st, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

it is extremely pathetic to charge 3 bucks for a map. in this economy there is no way i can afford to each lunch, let alone skip one to buy this crap.

@jeff: any chance it will ever be free, 6 or 12 months down the line?

+ phinnv8 on April 21st, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

Sounds great but honestly unless the levels are reviewed to be “very large” in size I won’t be getting it. The maps that come with the game are a cluster F online with 32 players, and yea i can choose 16 or 24 but I don’t WANT to find those rooms as far less people play in them. The game needs huge maps to better support 32 players like Warhawk, SOCOM, or Bad Company have in their design.

Also, PS3 needs cross game voice chat Sony.

+ SHINSPIKES on April 21st, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

2 maps aren’t worth 6 bucks. I’m sure the maps are great, but just the 2 maps and nothin else is a rip off. No new weapons (besides the ones related to the single player campaign). No new classes, and no new ranks (not includin the ones with the update). Other games give at least 3 new maps, and plenty of other content. If this was rushed, yah should have waited to release this or released this with the retro maps yah were plannin. To reward us for makin this the best sellin exclusive ps3 game, yah should have made it free.

+ big-gunns on April 21st, 2009 at 8:59 pm said:

Not trying to sound cheap or anything but why $5.99? What’s wrong with $4.99? Just a dollar less but I bet a lot of people wouldn’t complain as much if it were only $5 bucks. Alas, a day one purchase for me.

+ AUSSIERACER1 on April 21st, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

Now I’m really disappointed. For only two maps, US$5.99 is overpriced. Especially after I got my hopes up that it would be free, thanks to various sources. I don’t have a credit card, or PSN cards available in Australia either. Even so, US$5.99 converted to Aussie dollars? I don’t want to know.

This sucks, now there will be hardly any games available for me to play online. Way to price me out of this community Sony and GG :(

Can’t wait for more online games that are better now. Come on MAG.

+ Slimmer_ on April 21st, 2009 at 9:08 pm said:

for all you Math majors who count by the cost of Smokes and I feel sorry for you because you are ruining my Health Care costs.

$5.99 is 10% of the Original Cost of KZ2.

2 Maps is not anywhere near 10% worth of the Original game. That is why the cost is way too much.

Those thinking there will be Trophies included… lol you actually believed that post from that kid and how easy it was to make it up.

+ IceRat23 on April 21st, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

looks nice…..
but the price is not right
a great opportunity missed to grow the community
thanx but I’ll pass

+ KINGV84 on April 21st, 2009 at 10:09 pm said:

So many cheapskates. lol. Just skip your daily in take of fatty cakes and you would be able to afford the maps.

+ KINGV84 on April 21st, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

The great thing about this is, you all have the freedom of not having to buy it. If you “can’t” afford it, then don’t buy it. Let the others with 6 bucks buy it. I bet an homeless guy would also be able to afford the maps.

+ IceRat23 on April 21st, 2009 at 10:15 pm said:

I probably have more money in my piggy bank than you have in your entire bank account

that doesn’t mean it is priced right

by the way I’d love for you to show me a homeless guy with a PS3
I’m sure the maps he can afford have street names on them

+ KINGV84 on April 21st, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

eh, ;-)

+ BigPoppaB on April 21st, 2009 at 11:48 pm said:

I wanted this for free. I would have paid $3 for it… but nay at $5.99

The maps are not new really as theyre from the single player.. and they dont really add a fresh enough setting. Add some new weather/terrains. I would pay $10 for a map pack with one snow level. And im not kidding

+ BigPoppaB on April 22nd, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

To anybody who says ‘stop being cheap.. whats an extra $6″… its the principle of the fact.

Is there really more value in 2 maps, ripped from the game (yeah yeah,, “inspired”, they look the same).. when for a few more dollars I could buy a PSN game. For $10 I could buy a full game used from EB games or on kijiji/ebay?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6