PS4 - Destiny

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack Hits PSN Today

Howard Lehr's Avatar + Posted by Howard Lehr on Apr 23, 2009 // TikGames

You asked for it and we heard you! For those of you who are looking for even more Mahjong, TikGames and Creat Studios are excited to tell you that today we are releasing new downloadable content for Mahjong Tales.

We have created an awesome pack of downloadable content. This new pack contains 25 never-before-seen layouts that will literally give you hours more Mahjong fun. We took an animal approach on this first expansion pack. All layouts have been cleverly designed to resemble different animals, fish, insects and the like. Bugs, cats, and even an elephant await their Mahjong Master. I hope you enjoy playing these new levels as much as we did designing them!

And, I’ve saved the best for last. For the ultimate in Mahjong-joy, we are also including a Level Editor. Now you can create amazing levels of your own. You can even share them with your friends, or work as a team to iterate on an existing level to make it awesome. And of course we didn’t forget Trophies! All-new Trophies are available in the Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack.

And how much will all of this Mahjong goodness cost, you might ask? Well, you get all this for the low, low price of just $4.99! Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2
Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

Welcome everyone. We’re here on line this morning, celebrating the release of our Booster Pack for Mahjong Tales. Feel free to ask any questions.

+ Fersis on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Sorry for be a little offtopic.
But next week is Cuboid booster pack?
My dad and i love Cuboid :)

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

We can\’t give a date yet for Cuboid booster pack…but it\’s coming very soon. Glad he loves it!

+ BahaFS on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

Is there any chance of bundling the game & pack?

+ Fersis on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

@3 BahaFS
Good tought.
That would be so nice. :)

+ lakaiHIGH on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

dang i feel so bad i totally forgot to buy this game :( perhaps ill check it out and the booster pack later today when i get off work. thanks for reminding me Howard.

peace,
Lh

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

We are considering this, but if it happens, it probably won’t happen for a while.

+ infamousXX87XX on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

I would buy it but it seems confusing…how are the tutorials for the game?

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

The help is relatively light (which is a good thing here). You’ll get what you need, but nothing more. Mahjong is essentially matching two tiles…that’s it.

The level editor is super easy, with all of the controls mapped onto the screen. It’s literally just painting tiles onto a Mahjong Board, then doing it again on each level.

+ Midgetguy on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

Hey guys! I have a question:

Is the mouse support added in with this new content, or will that be available via a patch?

Thanks for your continued support! I love ALL of the games you guys create! Keep up the GREAT work! I’m definately going to purchase this pack! (Mahjong is addicting!)

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Sorry, no mouse support yet.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

It might be my poop tv but I have trouble with the size of the tiles and the thite lettering, becuase of that I didn’t play all that much of it.

+ Midgetguy on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:52 am said:

Thanks Howard for the reply! It’s all good. (I’m fine with the conrols now, just wonderin’)

Could you give us a “sample” of the new trophies? :)

(Or am I pushin’ it?)

+ skynidas on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

Im going to get this game with the booster pack next month

+ DeviantBoi on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

Any word on when the Pinball game will be released?

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

No word yet on Pinball, it\’s still at the very least months away.

+ Midgetguy on April 23rd, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

OOH! I think that Tik Games and Creat Studios should have a HUGE pack that contains all three of their games (Mahjong, Magic Ball, and Cuboid) for a GREAT discounted price!

(Sorry for the multiple posts, I just keep getting all excited! I luvs me some great PSN games!)

+ gmk218 on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

looks good gotta get this game great job on vid looks very kool

+ StaticFox on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

yay?

+ Milereb on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Love this game, to bad the mouse support isn’t added yet, that would have been great. But oh well. Good stuff, I’ll be buying it for sure!

(btw loved the mirror ball booster)

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

Re: Trophies -

There are Trophies for completing all layouts in the new packs, trophies for using the level editor and sharing levels and trophies for playing other people’s levels.

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

OK, I was wrong about mouse support.

I have some very good news.

Mouse support will be available in an upcoming FREE patch for the game. That patch should be available hopefully later today!

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

If anyone is interested in a full list of trophies, you can find them here:

+ Milereb on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Yay thanks for that quick update. I’ll be sure to plug in my mouse then!

+ Onna76_NL on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

So Cuboid next week? *keeping fingers crossed* Ooooh boy.

+ BahaFS on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Glad to hear that mouse support is still coming, might pick this up today if not next week.

+ BBBoT on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

As soon as mouse support hits I’ll definitely be purchasing this expansion pack. I love the game and look forward to the new layouts, but it’s just brutal playing without the mouse.
Thanks for the great news!!

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

For those asking about Cuboid, the Booster packs are all done and waiting to be deployed. They are in Sony’s release cue, but ultimately Sony has full control over when this happens (they are doing a fantastic job working with us on this!). Last I heard, it’s not next week…but shortly after. This is of course subject to change.

+ jazzyrider on April 23rd, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Thanks for the updates! I forgot I wanted this game and will have to download it including the booster packs. But I have the same question as someone asked earlier– is there a combo pack, ie game + booster?

+ Enforcer_X on April 23rd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

YAY!
Mouse Support will help a GREAT deal!
THANKS!
The support is INCREDIBLE for such a rather inexpensive game!
I get many hours of fun playing Magicball, Cuboid and Mahjong! I actually just beat the new Magicball booster pack last night online with a friend!
I couldn’t be happier with the support, prices and overall fun of all of your releases!
Thanks again!

+ Enforcer_X on April 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

@26
I love posts like that!
I would love for the Blog to do a documentary, so to speak, about the whole process of game development. From concept through development and production to publishing and everything in between. I find it fascinating how it works.
I had no idea Sony had a “release cue” I would be interested in how releases are prioritized and organized.

+ BigPoppaB on April 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

with all due respect… why is that 90% of games these days never come shipped (or in this case ‘digitally shipped) with full content.

I bought, and enjoy Mahjong Tales… but I’m just kind of tired of buying games and then seeing some kind of booster/add on pack released shortly soon after.

+ Trieloth on April 23rd, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Woot Woot!! Thanks for the support of one of my favorite mini games!! Looking forward to the mouse support, people playing it again, and all the extras. :)

+ acerazer1 on April 23rd, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

I’m with you 31, looking forward to people playing Mahjong again online

+ JKC31 on April 23rd, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Hidden Objects game please!

+ Anubis80 on April 23rd, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

See this is what I love about you guys. You are here for almost the whole day to answer us about anything for your games. Thanks alot. Still not sure about this game but I do have Cuboid and Magic Ball + the new DLC for Magic Ball. Great games. Cant wait until the Cuboid release. I will be buying that for sure.

+ GGCAN on April 23rd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Thanks for the update Howard, I’ll be purchasing this one.

Got Magicball add on last week and waiting for Cuboid now.

+ rbanke on April 23rd, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Looks like the update is live, but when i get the prompt to update, it hangs for a second then restarts my ps3 (3 beeps).

+ Chipper on April 23rd, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Thank you Howard for the Mouse support news. That was one thing that kept my wife and I away from the game. (we have it though)

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on April 23rd, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

A few of you asked about a mega bundle with everything. At this point we’re not ready to do that, we’d rather have smaller “bites” of fun and let those that want more grab more. That way the game can go out the door at a lower price. We hope you’ll like it so you’ll buy more stuff for it, but if you don’t, you’re out less $.

+ joshua200830 on April 23rd, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

when is the demo for ufc undisputed going to be on the PSN

+ StalkingSilence on April 23rd, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Loved your team’s guest blog on PlayStation LifeStyle last week! And LOVE mahjong!

+ wolverine81 on April 23rd, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

The v1.01 patch won’t download for me. Anyone else have this problem?

+ wolverine81 on April 23rd, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Love the game by the way!

+ wolverine81 on April 23rd, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Nevermind. Got it to work!

+ hjetyekus on April 23rd, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

The patch is erroneous.

Restarts PS3 instead of beginning download.

At Magic Ball DLC we experienced a delayed, missing patch, now this one isright in time but corrupt.

Cone on!

+ hjetyekus on April 23rd, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

I mean come on.

I checked it a minute ago, still wrong patch process, which made Mahjong absolutely unplayable.

It is time to repair and recompile it, TikGames!

+ rbanke on April 23rd, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

I got mine to patch. This is what I did:

Start the game, when prompted for the patch DO NOTHING, just let it sit for a minute or so, THEN hit ‘ok’. This worked for me, hopefully it works for you guys also.

+ justintimeROA on April 23rd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

@46

Thanks for the patch advice! I got it to work. Everyone make sure you DO NOT hit OK until the Mahjong music starts playing. It probably has to load the game the whole before it works.

+ gmk218 on April 23rd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

patch wont work for me and i bought the game this morn and played just fine now i went and bought the update booster pack too and it wont update the 1.01 patch keeps rebooting ps3 tried 5 times what gives please help what did u do to get it to work for you guys help pls

+ gmk218 on April 23rd, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

ok heres what i did it didnt work so i canceled and let the game load and the patch came up then hit ok dl ing now thanks all

+ S-E-G on April 23rd, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

wow, thank you for adding mouse support, for the first time my girlfriend played on the ps3, and she managed to unlock a few trophies for me :) i would like to see more mouse supported games for ps3 as it is the prefered controller for women, point and click, real simple. magic ball would also be awesome with mouse support, can you guys make that happen? thanks again for your great games!

PAGE 1 2