PS4-The Order

Killzone 2 Online Championships Announced!

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Apr 28, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

SCEA and MLG Gamebattles are proud to announce the Killzone 2 Online Championships! Assemble your 4-man teams and compete in the critically-acclaimed shooter from Sony Computer Entertainment to win big!

Up for grabs are some amazing PlayStation items, including the authentic Helghast Suits worn at the end of the trailer below, each valued at more than $8,000. Other prizes include StA52 assault rifle replicas, Helghast collectable busts, downloadable content, and collectible Killzone 2 T-shirts.

Registration begins today, April 28, so be sure to register quickly here to get a jump on the competition! Read below for details, and head over to MLG Gamebattles for more information.

*NOTE: This ladder is open only to U.S. residents 13 years of age and older.

Prizing Structure

• 1st Place team: T-Shirt, authentic KZN Helghast Suits, DLC codes
  • 2nd Place team: T-Shirt, StA 52 assault rifle replicas, DLC codes
  • 3rd Place teams (x2): T-Shirt, collectable KZN Busts, DLC codes
  • 5th Place teams (x4): T-Shirt, DLC codes
  • 9th Place teams (x8) T-Shirt

Total Prize Value = $63,824

Rules

Players per Team: 4
    Territories: Residence of US Only
    Age Restrictions: Must be 13 years or older to enter

Official rules for the Killzone 2 Online Championships can be found here.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ dulcediana on April 28th, 2009 at 9:50 pm said:

backwards GOOO!

+ caliblue15 on April 28th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

How is this open for 13yr olds, when the game is rated MATURE???

Please answer this one SCEA/Jeff, lmfao.

+ wtfbolton on April 28th, 2009 at 11:43 pm said:

More than half of you who have said, “This game is rated M, how can 13 year olds enter this tourney?” are under 17. I’d bet my life on it.

Anyway, the rating has nothing to do with how old contestants have to be. These ratings are recommendations, not the law. Yes, the consumer of the product must be over 17, but it’s simply the matter of a parent giving consent to his/her child to play this game. Therefore, you don’t have to be 17 or older to play this game, nor enter a tournament.

+ SolduNuts on April 29th, 2009 at 12:17 am said:

Good luck to everybody who competes in this tournament. Man in this economy I could sure use an $8000 suit to sell on e bay, just kidding if I won their is no way in **** I would sell out. I would be a Helgahst every Halloween from here on out.

Thanks again Kill Zone team.

+ LilSciz on April 29th, 2009 at 1:26 am said:

I am wondering about the specifics with the downloadable content. Is it content available for everyone else but they will have to pay or is it completely exclusive to the few winners of the tournament. If it is exclusive, can you give us any sort of hint as to what it is?

+ morgothemighty on April 29th, 2009 at 3:24 am said:

WooHoo

Way to go, alienating the rest of the world once again

developed and made in europe, favouritism in the US

Pathetic

+ muzzar69 on April 29th, 2009 at 3:39 am said:

i realy enjoyed the KZ2 with the devs last week.
but if yous do it again word of advice make it easier to find the games.

i spent 30 minutes playing the game having the time of my life.
and the other 90 minutes cursing my head off because i couldent find the games.
why were they not where they normaly are.
i searched every where for the game names and couldent find them, if it wasent for a friend on my friends list being in the game i would of never found it.
yous need to get organised for these things.
and its pretty embarassing to organise something big like this than have server issues, its like going to E3 showing some GOW3 gameplay than have the ps3 break.
idea was there but the execution was realy poor.

+ enormhi on April 29th, 2009 at 4:25 am said:

Can we expect something like this in the EU?

+ Rogerjak on April 29th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

So…the game is dutch….it’s made in Europe and this is US only?

Sick and tired of this.

+ Shakyr23 on April 29th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

Why is it U.S. only? What about Canada? Like foreal its not like we’re across the sea or something, we’re like literally glued to you guys and you still exclude us, thats messed up I would think things would have changed by now but it seems I was wrong.

+ Shakyr23 on April 29th, 2009 at 6:25 am said:

And about the across the sea thing im not trying to exclude EU, just trying to prove a point.

+ fatalis_ on April 29th, 2009 at 6:28 am said:

Awesome a Tournament at last!!! cant wait for the Steel & Titanium Pack. Will those maps be used in the Tournament?
@14, 17: The little kids really are annoying…. but they don’t play well at all. Beat em around long enough and they try to cuss you out and then quit. =P

+ fatalis_ on April 29th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

lol @ all the poeple saying add me PSN: (psn here) it already tells us who u are… xD

+ ChainClutch on April 29th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

sorry, let me rephrase that…

US residents only? no love for your northern neighbors Canada? right i forgot the world revolves around the US… screw you.

+ Cesarcsrf on April 29th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

why not Europe ?? WHY?!?! :S :S :S

+ KillerBread on April 29th, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

yer the EU are here to you know

+ astrocrack on April 29th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

It looks like a lot of Euro people reads this blog :D

+ lonewolf1994 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

oh oh oh!! let me guess!! US only right?
-_-

this…. is reallly…. reallly… lame… why do US always get the good stuff?? this sucks

+ Quwan456 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

that was so sweet

+ CubanFalcon99 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Sounds awesome. I am signing up tonight for sure. Now I am going to need a team, and I just started and am acctually not terrible. So if anyone wants to add one other person to your caln, send me a message. My I.d. is : Cubanfalcon99. Please message me or add me to your friends list if you are interested.

+ samuelini95 on April 29th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Sounds Awesome I would Totally win this contest. Then I could go to school in my Helghast suit and look awesome. Too bad I don’t have KILLZONE 2 or a PS3. Gotta get one.

+ DSiJanCarlo on April 29th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Dammit, I’m only 11!

+ LittleDark243 on April 30th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Come on guys, i need the awesome kz2 players, sniper specialsts, awesome medics, and any other good players. add me as a friend so you can join.

+ Silencio22 on April 30th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Man I haven’t really been playing this as much as I should be. I’m not even close to general so I can’t win even if I really tried. I mean I might but I also don’t have a team. =[

+ someasian on April 30th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

i will be getting this game and practicing as soon as i get it and i usually get good really fast and i need to find a team

+ Hunvahajanvo on April 30th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

…..By all means this should be an open Championship, whoever has the game should be able to join in with thier friends…Period….

+ fatalis_ on April 30th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

hey Im lookin for a Team to jiin on Game Battles.com Time zone is GMT -6:00 USA/Chicago I usually rank within the top 1-3%. You won’t regret adding me to your team. gamebattles account is the same as my PSN.

+ BRONxPAPI on May 1st, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

as much as i love killzone 2 ima go back to playing COD4. im tired of getting kicked out of my connection. i get kicked out more than i play. if ya goin to come out with an update make sure ya do it right. plus my ps3 keeps freezing 2 on killzone 2. can u please fix up ur mess, i love playing killzone but im tired of d [DELETED] loosing d connection. after i keep getting 100 points a sow.

+ GOT2BALL on May 1st, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I want a helghast suit! lol imagine how funny it would be going around doing daily errands in a helghast suit lol or going to work acting like radec when you talk to people haha.

PAGE 1 2 3