GTAV PS4

Uncharted 2: More Multiplayer Details

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 28, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

After yesterday’s big Uncharted 2 announcement, I’m sure you’ve got lots of questions. Once the co-op and competitive modes were revealed to the media last week, I know I did. Fortunately, I was able to grab quite a few minutes with Justin Richmond, game designer with Naughty Dog. We chatted about Uncharted 2‘s modes, how melee translates into multiplayer, and the presence of Elena and Sully.

Now, we didn’t forget about *your* questions for Naughty Dog. Chris‘ll have that video for you soon.

+ jBat17 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

cool

+ Jezer29 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Jeff would it be possible for like in a future interview, you could find out about the control system. As far as when it come to Drake dive rolling & taking cover??? As many of us know who played the game, O was for taking cover as well as for dive rolling. For rolling on the ground you would have to be in a foward motion.

But as all of us know. Many time in the heat of a battle you attempt a roll and b/c you happen to be near any object or wall. Drake would many time take cover. Which only resulted in getting shot up. Cause what you’ve just dont is basically stand or squat RIGHT IN FRONT of an enemy in plain site.

I would like to see that they change this seperate buttons for each action. One for rolling and one for cover. Please?

+ marcindpol on April 28th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

OMG its getting better and better!

thats true KILLER APP. for sure!

+ MainEv3nt_69 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Naughty Dog are amazing!!!

+ TheGuardianFID on April 28th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Great interview Jeff as always, you’re getting pretty good at this!!! :P :D The game is looking fantastic, needless to say, SOLD!!! :D

+ Cwalat on April 28th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

One thing i really would like to know is…
ARE THEY WORKING ON A COLLECTOR’S EDITION ? =)

+ niall077 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Will there be Custom soundtracks for the Online modes

It was one of the nice little surprizes in Killzone2

+ E-CAPITAL on April 28th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Jeff, how can we get the beta other then purchasing inFamous?

+ astrocrack on April 28th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

I was looking forward Uncharted 2. On the other hand, like any game without multiplayer I would only buy it 6 months after it got released or until I would find a bargain. With all this polished multiplayer news it just turned into a pre-order.

+ katsuo7171 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Hey Jeff I would like to thank you for moving the blog posts pack a few for when we here on the East coast get back from work/school, it’s really helpful. :)

Uncharted 2 will be AWESOME!!!
Nuff Said

+ liketoski on April 28th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Will this game have any references towards the first game? I didn’t play it.

+ hashem816 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

is the co-op split screen?

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 28th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

@61….

You’ve got time…

And buy it NEW to support ND.

+ CEK111 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

+ EvoAnubis on April 28th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Sounds great to me!

+ smokey_vols on April 28th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Will you be able to play co-op offline with a friend? Please say yes.

+ Enigma777 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

This looks beyond awesome!!! I cannot wait! Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune is my favorite game for the PS3 and the sequel looks like it might be my favorite game of all time!

Anyways, Jeff I really want to thank you for coming through with the Fat Princess beta code for me. I had pretty much lost all hope in getting it… Thanks a lot!

+ dsigns209 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Recently played the first one and I love it. Part 2 will be a day 1 purchase.

+ Jezer29 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Most likely. And this would be a dumb move IMO if Sony doesn’t do this, which is that they make Uncharted 1 a greatest hits title. A couple of months before release.

So fellows like # 61 could check out what all the hype is about and seal the deal for potential UC2 buyers.

+ eddieMX07 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

I will most likely buy Uncharted 2, but not until I have played Drakes Fortune. And I will only buy Drakes Fortune when the the price is lowered. I still can’t be believe the game is $53 at Amazon.com after almost two years since its release. I guess the price will be lowered after the release of Uncharted 2. Anyway, I will still buy it…

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 28th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

Will there be offline split screen?

+ iKON53 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

so i’ve noticed an age gateing on the vids
does that mean its gonna be rated M

+ Blackdragon264 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

how awesome is the uncharted engine to handle all the cool stuff in single player and multiplayer this is def game of the year hands down. So getting this game.

+ Pumpkinking on April 28th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I hope ND add “No respawn” option for their matches.

+ ADR143 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

nice interview.

hopefully the money system in multiplayer wont effect others who doesnt have wat they have.

like if u have more unlockables it doesnt mean ur unstopable

+ agm2502 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

About the cinema mode feature for multiplayer games, will this have Youtube uploads for it?

+ almighty-slayer on April 28th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Thanks a lot for the interview Jeffy. Well chosen questions. Can’t wait for Chris’s post with our own questions

I was sceptical about Multiplayer in Uncharted at first, as it doesn’t strike me as the sort of game that should have it. But it looks like it will be good afterall. As long as they keep the stellar single player experience like Drake’s Fortune, i’m fine with that ;)

+ tgo18 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

It would be nice to know how long the beta will run as well. If it’s running close to release than those not too interested in Infamous might get it for a beta of Uncharted 2 if it lasted a while.

+ Ackers11 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Will there be offline co op, so 2 (or 3) players at home on the same console can play together?

+ billsk8 on April 28th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Will the voucher be bundle with infamous in canada??

+ KazeEternal on April 28th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

So excited about this game. I was really excited about the single player experience, but now that this is out there I feel like my head is going to explode from all the joy lol.

Anyway do me a favor with the trophies, if you do any online trophies PLEASE make them reasonable. None of this 10k kill nonsense Resistance 2 gave us or the top 1% trophy on Kill zone 2 which is taking a week out of my life next week just to obtain.

Also will there be any opportunities to get in on the beta outside of Infamous? I’m not into sandbox titles and while Infamous looks cool I can’t justify spending Uncharted 2 money on Infamous.

+ lakaiHIGH on April 28th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

game is shaping up to outdo everything you guys did with the first! i am so pumped. thanks for the awesome interview Jeff… we need the dogs on here the closer we get to d-day.

peace,
Lh

+ MiiAmigo on April 28th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

How can you make a game cooler? Add co-op that’s how. BAM! On my must get for sure now.

+ mckg123456789 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

SWEEET I LOVE UNCHARTED 1! this is a first day buy for sure you guys can count on that, i hope my money can also get me infamous as well in may 26

+ Slipping_halo on April 28th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

I have a simple question, how many players for competitive?? I heard only 10 is this true?

+ Crotin on April 28th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

Great interview Jeff, I’m glad you asked about the melee system :)

+ Andronicus on April 28th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

how can people hate on sony with first party titles like this? i always thought gaming was about the games.

Best first party studios & games + a few great third party exclusives + good multiplatform games. the last [DELETED] factor people have out there to hold onto is the price.

+ TheGodSend on April 28th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

day one buy for me!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PSNID: TheGodSend

+ soccerdude007 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

will there be an option for private servers so just you and your freinds can only play in it. And if there is, i would recommend options in the server like being able to unbalance teams turn off team damage… etc.
-thanks

+ SolidM on April 28th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Loving the look of MP – I’ll buy inFamous if it comes bundled with U2′s demo in Britain.

+ SPOPS on April 28th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

Please tell me that there will be other ways to get into the BETA besides inFAMOUS. That game really does not appeal to me. And in this economy I am not going to spend $60 + tax on a game I don’t really want. Although I really want to check out Uncharted’s Multiplayer because I love Uncharted.

+ Rude_Sparthan on April 28th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

..GOTY 2009……

+ JaKhris on April 28th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

Great news, can’t wait to get my hands on this game. :)

+ makingdamage on April 28th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

Looking forward to this, yes I am. Hit me Drake!

+ Midgetguy on April 28th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

This game is BEYOND AWESOME!!!! lol

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Naughty Dog never ceases to amaze me…

+ Gringo234 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

I don’t man are you guys adding MP because it’s the current trend in gaming?

+ S-E-G on April 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

i can’t wait for this game, these guys are my favourite game developers for sure, keep up the good work Sony and ND!!

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on April 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

BEST.GAME.EVER.

Thankyou Jeff! :)

(also, I’m English and asking for inFamous for birthday, fingers crossed we get a beta code aswell)

+ Insyt on April 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

mp and co-op is looking hella tight, i loved the 1st game and this one is gonna be i dont know how many times better…

Pc,
Syt

+ jazzyrider on April 28th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

Other ways to get Uncharted 2 Beta?