Spider-Man PS4

Apr 28

Apr 28

Uncharted 2: More Multiplayer Details

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

After yesterday’s big Uncharted 2 announcement, I’m sure you’ve got lots of questions. Once the co-op and competitive modes were revealed to the media last week, I know I did. Fortunately, I was able to grab quite a few minutes with Justin Richmond, game designer with Naughty Dog. We chatted about Uncharted 2‘s modes, how melee translates into multiplayer, and the presence of Elena and Sully.

Now, we didn’t forget about *your* questions for Naughty Dog. Chris‘ll have that video for you soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

harlemzkid said:

April 28th, 2:59 pm

love one so i will get part to… its worth the $60 not like other games..

ProwlingFox said:

April 28th, 3:02 pm

yes! comment 101 ;)

KnaveX said:

April 28th, 3:07 pm

will the co-op have story, or will it just be wave after wave of killing?

spunnups said:

April 28th, 3:13 pm

Oh my God this game is gonna be incredible!

Unknown_Hero said:

April 28th, 3:21 pm

Wow this video really assured me about this multiplayer, i was a little skeptical at first but its sounds pretty good! Cant wait for more info jeffy :)

lebron_accel said:

April 28th, 3:35 pm

Wow i just jizz my pants…dam u ND
Uncharted 2+Co-op+competative=EPIC!!
game of the year.check

egcool said:

April 28th, 3:42 pm

Will the co-op be just online or split screen offline and online like resident evil 5?

CartBlanche said:

April 28th, 3:47 pm

In the immortal words of Jules from Pulp fiction….

Jules: “Say cool again. Say COOL again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, you m*****f*****! Say COOL one more goddamn time.”

Great interview btw, except for the repetition of how “cool” everything is. I understand the team wants to build up hype, but get a bigger vocabulary and a thesaurus.

Army_of_Lefty said:

April 28th, 3:58 pm

Congrats on the game Chris!(too bad i dont know your last name so i cant address u properly). It looks like its gonna be a big hit. But is online gonna be RPG like Metal Gear Online where you get to customize your online guy?

Army_of_Lefty said:

April 28th, 4:02 pm

i mean Jeff R. sorry about the confusion… GONNA BUY DIS GAME!!!

GODSACE said:

April 28th, 4:09 pm

I WANT BETA CODE FOR AN E3 PRESENT!!!!!PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASEPLEASE,PLEASE…..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aclar00 said:

April 28th, 4:28 pm

Jeff,

My PS3 recently got the Yellow Light thing. I can no longer play my PS3 and LittleBigPlanet is stuck in the console. I also don’t have the $165 (tax included) to pay to fix it. :( It’s an original 60GB and I want to Play LBP and SFIV (Just bought both of them). Is there anyway that I can have the warranty on my PS3 extended?

Berae said:

April 28th, 4:35 pm

Good interview! cant wait for this game!

cfcj12 said:

April 28th, 4:53 pm

is there offline co-op/competative multiplayer?

KILLZONE79 said:

April 28th, 4:55 pm

is there going to be 2 player splitscreen online co-op and competitive mode?

D-Squad3 said:

April 28th, 4:57 pm

So does this mean there will be multiplayer trophies and will they be required to get a Platinum trophy?!! :(

KwietStorm said:

April 28th, 5:35 pm

That’s definitely something that I wasn’t expecting with the in-game cash system. It’s cool that it works across the entire game.

commedieu said:

April 28th, 5:47 pm

118th

poisonedsodapop said:

April 28th, 5:57 pm

I’d like into the beta, but I probably won’t be buying inFamous. Hope there’s another way in. Looks really awesome though.

FROSTY said:

April 28th, 6:18 pm

I just love the fact that you have the moves from the single-player portion of the game and can utilize them in multiplayer. That should make for some very exciting matches.

loadstone007 said:

April 28th, 6:21 pm

This is a must-buy game. Period.

Tikicobra said:

April 28th, 6:23 pm

Good interview.

I want to get inFamous from Best Buy for the beta code, but my idiot brother wants that extra power from GameStop.

The stupid idiot.

kevbew63 said:

April 28th, 6:28 pm

Any chance of more multiplayer modes? I am happy to have any, but I’m just curious if there’s a possiblity of any territory gametypes or something similar.

A horde gametype would also be awesome, but that might be asking too much I guess… but those gametypes are the new big thing lately. COD5, L4D, Gears 2 etc all have it and encorporate their own style. I’d like to see the Uncharted’s version of something like this.

Just a couple things I thought of…

Martin_Keamy said:

April 28th, 7:05 pm

Awesome interview, Jeff. It really clarified a lot of issues with how multiplayer, co-op, and the single player campaign will work. I knew Naughty Dog would do things right, but I was curious what direction they were taking the game in with all this stuff. I can’t wait! :)

Poopookakabumbum said:

April 28th, 7:05 pm

Here’s my question for Naughty Dog.

Why did they forego improving the game for the sequel and decide to just lazily slap pointless multiplayer features on a game that in no way needs it?

I’m really, incredibly disappointed in the development of this game.

I’m tired of good, single-player games being ruined by multi-player.

What on Earth possessed them to fix something that wasn’t broken?

LoLskilled87 said:

April 28th, 7:16 pm

Uncharted Drakes Fortune had no coop, no online multiplayer. Yet. It was one of the best games I have ever played.

Now the next installment has coop and multiplayer??? Graphics superior to the first???

Can it be released…like…now? :D!!

dayvhide said:

April 28th, 7:42 pm

I was wondering if the co-op is it going to be local and online or just online? Because I actually have friends that actually come over to play. Hahaha

MaceWisdom said:

April 28th, 8:06 pm

Wow. Sounds like three games in one!
Co-op Missions
Single-player Story
Multi-player

dayvhide said:

April 28th, 8:33 pm

I was wondering if is it going to be local and online or just online? Because I have friends that actually come over to play. Hahaha

markcusd said:

April 28th, 8:54 pm

Is there an official forum for Uncharted 2?

Will it have dedicated servers?

Will it have AI bots?

Zookey said:

April 28th, 9:09 pm

Awesome!

SageJiraiya said:

April 28th, 10:20 pm

Jeff;

I noticed I had to put in my birth date before watching this video, Is it going to be rated M?
I really hope not, because than I probably can’t get it! :(

Please answer A.S.A.P

P.S.

I’m planning on pre-ordering inFamous so I can get the multiplayer Beta :D

SolduNuts said:

April 29th, 12:11 am

Wow, this game went from great to FREAKING HUGE!!!!

Game of the year?
Can’t wait for the beta.
Quick question Jeff, do you need to pre-order through a certain vendor or does every copy of Infamous come with a Uncharted 2 beta code?

Thanks again Naughty Dog for the great effort and not compromising the single player just to put multi player in the game, everything is looking great.
See you guys online.

Friemgrog said:

April 29th, 2:12 am

Anyone know if the beta is coming to Australia?

proper7 said:

April 29th, 2:52 am

That was a great interview!! I can’t wait to put my hands on it lol

muzzar69 said:

April 29th, 4:07 am

so the co-op in this games going to be like R2?
that was alot of fun not what i was expecting but ive sunk alot of hours into that.
im glad that they did add MP into this game but like alot of people have been saying i hope it does not take away from the SP experience.
because KZ2s SP to me felt half finished like half of the content was lost because they spent 90% OF their time on the MP hope that does not hapen with U2.
but this is definetly contender for GOTY if GOW3 is not out this year wich it should be.

Wolf_Shooter said:

April 29th, 4:35 am

nice interview ,keep up the good work.but i have two questions:
will the beta will be available in an episode of Qore ?
is the Beta will be available with every copy of inFAMOUS or only from special Stores?
thanks and

bigdaddyjane said:

April 29th, 5:35 am

Will the music in UNCHARTED 2 sound just as wonderful as it did in UNCHARTED 1.

MAzing87 said:

April 29th, 6:46 am

I am all on this game. Some people will say they can’t wait to play it. I can wait…just so it can be a complete polished game, unlike some shooters out right now. Naughty Dog FT damn W!!!!

animepanda said:

April 29th, 9:24 am

so…i guess we can’t co-op on the couch?

lol then i guess i’ll be needing a lot of practice for these multiplayer campaigns. looks intense! can’t wait d(^___^)b

Feared4Power said:

April 29th, 1:59 pm

there should be a chicken wire gun

darthmilo77 said:

April 29th, 8:05 pm

Wait…does having to be 17 to watch the video mean that the game will be M?

OsK_139 said:

April 29th, 9:38 pm

WoW!!!..thats the only word to describe this game.This is DEFINITELY(notice the caps)the year of Sony PERIOD!From the triple A titles coming this year to the PS3 and the PSP.I can not be any happier right now,knowing that i own both a PS3 and PSP.

You can NOT tell me different.For the PS3, we have Infamous,Uncharted,Heavy Rain(Hey Jeff, when are we gonna hear more info on this game btw??),MAG,Killzone, plus all the innovative titles for the PSN.(It’s insane!!).For the PSP, we have Motor Storm,Patapon 2, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and i can go on.But the game that really gives you a glimpse into the future of Sony is LittleBigPlanet for the PSP.That’s just GENIOUS!!..

I can go on ( maybe some other time) but, to Jeff, Sony, and everybody else involved with the making of these games…Keep it up…I’m a happy gamer right about now..thanx

kdelight19 said:

April 30th, 2:14 am

Awesome=)

Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk said:

May 3rd, 8:56 am

even if this is the exact same game as uncharted but they voiced over a new story, ill still buy it and love it. i cant get tired of the old one, the gameplay just sucks you in, and the unlockable bonus features add tons of replay value. plus, they added trophies and they didnt have to. keep it up, naughty dog is a group im happy to give my money to. i bought uncharted last summer and ive beaten it as recently as last night, im going to play it again right now.

PAGE 1 2 3