PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

inFAMOUS – Trophies and Stunts

Chris Heidorn's Avatar + Posted by Chris Heidorn on Apr 29, 2009 // Software Engineer, Sucker Punch Productions

Hi all, I’m Chris Heidorn, Software Engineer at Sucker Punch Productions. With inFAMOUS shipping in less than a month, you guys are probably starting to wonder about what types of trophies and stunts (yes, there will be stunts) will be in the game. Well, I’m here today to give you a brief inFAMOUS trophy and stunt lowdown.

inFamous Hero screen

So, we know you all love stunts and so do we at Sucker Punch. The testing team here had the super fun job of coming up with some cool ways Cole could take down and kill enemies by doing a combination or sequence of events. To do this, the team relied upon their experiences playing the game everyday and noting where there were enemy setups and likely systemic behavior in the story missions and mini-missions that allowed them to pull off these cool stunts.

They created a list of 40 or more such combos, as we called them. We also enlisted the Sony test team for their list. Between the two teams we had a candidate list that totaled more than 80 stunts. To choose the best stunts for inFAMOUS, I created what I called an experience monitor. The experience monitor basically “listened” for raw attack events, such as an electromagnetic blast attack, and would record these events in a ring buffer. As enemies got damaged, the details of their damage would be associated with the raw attack event. In the end, we ended up with over 20 pretty cool stunts that we can’t wait for you guys to experience.

inFamous Hero screen

One of my favorite stunts is the environment kill. This involves making clever use of the environment to take down or kill enemies. If there’s a propane tank or a vehicle near some enemies, shoot at them until they blow up. If the blast takes down the enemy, you score this stunt. What’s fun about this is luring the enemies near the exploding device and using it to your advantage. What fun! You would think the enemies would catch on to this, but they just keep coming back for more! One of the harder stunts to pull off is the melee finisher. With this one, you must take down or kill at least 3 enemies in a row with Cole’s melee attack. You must do this quickly, since you only have ½ second between each kill in order for it to count.

So, for trophies, we have a number of different categories which are:

• Game, story and mini-mission completion
  • Collect all dead drops and shards
  • Traversal
  • Stunts
  • Power-Based
  • Karmic decisions

The “Get Off My Cloud” trophy is probably one of the easiest trophies to unlock. The idea here is to use one of Cole’s powers to knock an enemy off a high location, such as a rooftop, and deal him damage that kills him when he hits the ground. Perform 100 of these and you unlock the trophy. Another fun trophy is the “Red Baron.” Blast enemies into the air and kill or take them down while they’re in-air. Do 100 of these and you’ve unlocked this trophy.

Anyway, we’ll leave the rest for you to uncover on your journey with Cole through Empire City. Enjoy and stay tuned for more inFAMOUS news!

93 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ spunnups on April 29th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

I agree, an in-game counter of your statistics as you work towards your trophies would be nice.

+ N30RYU on April 29th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Will the euopeans be able to play the demo before the 21st like the americans preordering and having acces on the 8th?

+ marcindpol on April 29th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

i am slowly getting hyped for this game, might end up trading in my bioshock and killzone2 for inFAMOUS!

+ blindrocket on April 29th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

I can’t wait for this one. Looks absolutely ace.

+ jbullfrog23 on April 29th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Can’t wait guys. It’s great to see what hard work from a quality studio produces.

+ digitalpowershot on April 29th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

Great!

+ loadstone007 on April 29th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Are you kidding me? You developed a stupid AI and you’re trying to cover it as a “surprise”? Come on, you can do better than that.

+ cell989 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

“No trophies no buy” wont apply to this gem…………nice!!

+ nas2344 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

yeah this game is going to be great! i cant wait!

+ IllinoisNukee on April 29th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Hey Chris,

I don’t know if this has already been talked about. But once the game is beaten, is the world still available to roam around and unlock more trophies? That’s what I hated most about FarCry 2. Ubisoft made a beautiful environment and essentially ruined the game for me by not letting it be a free roam “mission” afterwards.

Regardless of that, I still can’t wait to get this game on launch day!

+ SolduNuts on April 29th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Thank you for such a great looking super hero game. I am looking forward to blasting some baddies off of some roofs.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire
we don’t need no water, let that bad guy burn

Can’t wait.

+ Saigon1914 on April 29th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

The latest trailer had me conpletley sold…and this news completed the transaction…

Please Sony…advertise the hell out of this game…

+ EmpireNO on April 29th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I’ll be sure to get this game day 1. Looking good Sucker, I trust you guys to deliver on this game :)

+ Shqype on April 29th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

That’s a clever way of covering up a poor enemy AI, haha.

I’m really excited for this game and I can’t wait for it to release. The stunts seem pretty cool and I will enjoy going after all the trophies.

Thanks Sucker Punch!

+ Insomnia999 on April 29th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ NoobianGod on April 29th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

The game looks great! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

+ deadpool7 on April 29th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

May 26th….too….far…off. Can’t….wait….that…..long!!!

+ NukeGoBoom on April 29th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Is Get Off My Cloud a “This Week in Tech” reference?

+ cronqvist on April 29th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Sounds like fun. It’ll make the road to the Platinum Trophy much more enjoyable.

+ Ramsfan17 on April 29th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

NICE !!!!!!!!!! I CANT DECIDE TO GET THIS OR UFC I NEED SOME HELP?????????????????????

+ guitain on April 29th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

I’m going to love getting platinum in this one! And I can’t wait to see how it looks like! =D

+ maximilianoo on April 29th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Can you tell me the release date of the Hong Kong version? :)

+ ADR143 on April 29th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

cool cant w8 for this!

+ niall077 on April 29th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

hey what was the name of the song in the last trailer?

I cant get it out fo my head

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on April 29th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

im going for the platinum on this (h)

+ Dehshizknight on April 29th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

I CANNOT wait to get this game… I’m gonna be struggling to beat it before the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta starts ;)

+ jimmy903 on April 29th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

I am so excited!

+ mixedkidbx on April 29th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

i just want the game already lol

+ nv_Los on April 29th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

This is awesome i cant wait to pick this up

+ TRIX_BOL on April 29th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Hey Jeff, I guess you have played the game already. Could you tell us if inFamous trophies are going to be easier than Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune?

+ theassassin1693 on April 29th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

sweet stuff. btw i had a demo card but it got destroyed, is there anyway possible for you guys to send me another one or am i out of luck. Still picking this up day one, tell SP that they are doing a great job.

+ AdoAJ on April 29th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

OK
This is great.
1st thing is “You would think the enemies would catch on to this, but they just keep coming back for more!” is just a not-so-clever way of covering up your bad AI system.
2nd thing, don’t get me wrong, I love the this game, and therefore want an earlier release date. Hurry it up, I know you can.
3rd thing is that I love trophies. I’m addicted. So please, either give us a list of them or give us a list of them.
3rd thing is I just can’t wait for the demo. When will it be out again.
4th thing is the is a must-buy for, just consider the things above

PS The game looks great. Can’t wait!

+ Chaos_Bladez on April 30th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

Good that the collectibles are worth trophies and in game stuff. Please make a radar or something to help us find them :D

+ XgargunoX on April 30th, 2009 at 5:20 am said:

can you really jump off 1000 story buildings and just roll when you hit the ground without being hurt?

+ KARAMO on April 30th, 2009 at 5:56 am said:

this game, Uncharted, MAG, sony is trying to make me go broke.

+ Chaoticmoon on April 30th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

Can’t wait
I have loved this game from the start and it is getting better and better
I love the stunts idea

+ muzzar69 on May 1st, 2009 at 2:43 am said:

man i cant wait for this its getting better and better every day.
but why is the demo so late may 21st ive been told.
why so late?
i just dont see the point in using up 1GB of my download usage to play a verry small part of the game a week early.
all demos should be out minimum 1 month before release.

+ Crestor123 on May 4th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Awesome! I was a fan of Sly Cooper, and I think I’ll like this. I hope there’ll be a Sly 4 soon.

+ D_Face22 on May 5th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

i am definately buying this game!!!!….its just like the show “Static Shock” without the dreads and the garbage lid!!

+ eckoman1 on May 6th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

this game turns me on lmao!

+ TERMINATORvsMTRX on May 9th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game it looks absolutely nuts!!!

+ bloody_sight on May 10th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Sucker Punch, ONE WORD ABOUT YOUR CREATION!!!
WOW! this is what the PS3 needed from the beginning!!! a game like this should and has to be the game of the year!!!! i was going to pre-order this game but i got my money stolen at school so doing everything possible to get it again so i can play that demo that we want so badly!!! one question though, the demo will be available earlier for people who pre-ordered right? where do we have to buy infamous to get that code? or is it that the code will get sent to us via psn or email?

+ TankAojiru on May 12th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

100 times seems a little harsh and to repetitive it should be more like 50. How did you mess that up real noob of you guys.

+ EVILGODKILL3R on May 15th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

I can’t wait to get this game it’s so freaking awesome!

PAGE 1 2