Far Cry 4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 30, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store update.

Fighting fans, be sure to check out this week’s free MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 Demo, exclusive to PSN!

Add-on Game Content

Killzone 2 Steel & Titanium Pack ($5.99)
Killzone 2 expands the multiplayer experience with the release of it’s first DLC: “Steel and Titanium pack.” The pack contains two brand new multiplayer maps with new gameplay elements and strategic twists, sure to test even the most skilled players.
File size: 144 MB

LittleBigPlanet Egyptian Mini Pack ($2.99)
Walk like an egyptian in LittleBigPlanet with these new costumes and stickers.
File size: 1.04 MB

Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers ($9.99)
Introducing Cops and Robbers, an incredible online team game that pits Cops vs Robbers. Buy it now!
File size: 100 KB

Disgaea 3: Action Prinny ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called action Prinny from Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3: Mid-Boss ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Mid-Boss from Disgaea.
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3: Dragon ($0.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Dragon from Disgaea.
File size:1.22 MB

Disgaea 3: Fake Heroes Set ($3.99)
This package file adds new custom characters Mid-Boss, Action Prinny, and Dragon.
File size:1.23 MB

Disgaea 3: Item World Survival Attack ($3.99)
Compete against other players in Survival Mode. See how long you can last as you plunge into a limitless Item World. If you have a great score you might win a new character or item.
File size: 1.23 MB

Need for Speed Undercover: Boss Car Bundle ($4.99)
Blow away your competition with this explosive car pack, featuring eight unique boss cars available for use in any online race or offline career event. Race your way to the top of the leaderboards with each of these cars: Carmen’s Shelby GT500, Chase’s BMW M6, Chau Wu’s Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG, G-Mac’s Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 , Hector’s Nissan 370Z (Z34), Nickel’s Dodge Viper SRT10, Rose’s Porsche 911 GT2 and Zack’s Volkswagen Scirocco.
File size: 2.75 MB

Need for Speed Undercover: Challenge Series Expansion (free)
Think you’ve mastered the world of Undercover? Think again. This huge upgrade offers 60 new events, including two new game modes (highway wars and highway checkpoint) where you’ll have the ability to earn up to three new cars as you race your way through hair-raising traffic. Best of all, this content is absolutely free!
File size: 80 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Sappy” by Nirvana ($1.99)
  • “Stay Away” by Nirvana ($1.99)
  • “Very Ape” by Nirvana ($1.99)
  • Nirvana Track Pack 02 ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Very Ape”, “Sappy” and “Stay Away” by Nirvana. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as a part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 21 MB – 37 MB (singles), 92 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Had a Dad”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Idiots Rule”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Jane Says”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Ocean Size”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Pig’s in Zen”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Standing in the Shower… Thinking”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Summertime Rolls”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Ted, Just Admit It…”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Thank You Boys”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Up the Beach”— Jane’s Addiction ($1.99)
  • “Nothing’s Shocking (Album)” — Jane’s Addiction ($15.99) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this game album: “Nothing’s Shocking (Album)”— Jane’s Addiction. This includes 10 tracks: all of the songs from Jane’s Addiction ‘s album Nothing’s Shocking, except “Mountain Song,” found on the Rock Band 2 Disc.

File sizes: 5.78 MB – 55 MB (singles), 310 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 Demo
Fans asked, and Capcom listened! One of the most popular fighting games of all time returns! MvC2 brings legendary characters from throughout Marvel and Capcom history to duke it out in an insane tag-team fighting experience. Featuring an unprecedented 56-character roster and now with HD support and online play, one of the best fighting games ever just got better! Download the exclusive PSN demo today!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 198 MB

Game Videos (free)

Battlefield 1943 Annoucement Trailer
File size: 68 MB (HD)

Virtual Tennis 2009 Gameplay Versus Real Trailer
File size: 36 MB (HD)

Call of Juarez: BiB Debut Trailer
File sizes: 53 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes

Patapon 2 Battlefield Theme (free)
File sizes: 1.17 MB

PixelJunk Eden Encore Theme B (free)
File size: 662 KB

Disgaea 3 – Pleinair Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.04 MB

University of Louisville Theme ($1.99)
File size: 5.09 MB

Ole Miss Theme ($1.99)
File size: 5.22 MB

PS3 Wallpapers (free)

PixelJunk Eden Encore Wallpaper B
File size: 256 KB (SD) 744 KB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Game Demos (free)

PATAPON 2 Demo (also available from PS3 storefront)
The adventures of the brave Patapon tribe continue in PATAPON 2, a sequel packed with double the content of the original and exciting new features! Continue their search for the mysterious Earthend in this exciting demo complete with the new multiplayer mode!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 100 MB

Add-on Game Content

Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? Li’l Asagi Comes Home ($3.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
This package file adds a new stage and a boss character called Asagi.
File size: 1.82 MB

PSP Themes

Patapon 2 Battlefield Theme (free) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 134 KB

279 Comments   1 Reply

+ Dutch_Rootsman on April 30th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

How come Australia misses out on the MVC2 demo? Please I need to be able to SNIKTy snaw with Wolverine. Sony, Capcom I am begging you….. Please gove Australia the MVC2 demo!

+ mclaren777 on April 30th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Can you please start putting the PS3 game demos at the top of the list?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on April 30th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

Yes, we can do that :)

+ StalkerD on April 30th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

No single player option for MvsC2, greeeeeeeat. To get a demo such as this one, i’d rather not get any demo at all. Capcom and it’s stupid ideia of multiplayer demos, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando and now this. Thanks for nothing.

+ mafecto on April 30th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

These past few updates have sucked.

Sony, what’s going on?

+ lebronjc on April 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

I was super excited to download MvsC since the announcement but, not anymore, what a waste, WTF, no single player, are the people at capcom that brain dead. Unless they plan on charging $5 to unlock this demo for single player next week (it’ll be like a reverse RE5 debacle). super LAME!

+ makyengo on April 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Hi, everyone! I really like this update. I’m about to download the Killzone 2 Downloadable Maps, Disgaea 3 DLC, and the MvC 2 Demo. However, I really wish SCEA would give us more PS One games! The Japanese playstation store has so many awesome PS One games, but we have only one or two good ones. Why doesn’t SCEA realize that we want more PS One games! If Sony is waiting for E3 to start rolling out the PS One games then they are waiting too long!

+ Thrasher20 on April 30th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

ROBUST UPDATE. Thanks Grace!

+ tirminyl on April 30th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

I have never had a demo that was so worthless.

Capcom/Backbone: Excellent idea of including a 2player only demo. It just so happens that those that have never played MvC2 and do NOT have a 2nd controller will not be able to get past the menu screen. Rock on!

+ Spartancloud on April 30th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Looks like another great update, I’m don’t think I’ll be getting the DLC pack for Killzone 2, I would have if it came out earlier but being a trophy whore can really ruin certain games.

+ Sigmakan on April 30th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Silent Hill
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Xenogears

+ Gr00v3r06 on April 30th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Needs more PSone games. I have money that could be in your pocket if you would just release some PSone games. By you I mean SCEA.

Other than that great demos.

+ ddydydy on April 30th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

What?!We’re getting the Patapon 2 demo NOW?!?! I thought we got that ages ago! Then what the hell have I playing?!

+ LordChocoSlime on April 30th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

[This post ONLY refers to this week's PS Store for PSP Update.]

Wow, that Patapon 2 demo & theme sound cool! I’ll download both of them in a bit. Thanks for the update.

+ EXLONOX on April 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Cops and Robbers also has cop versions of all 33 Paradise cars. Too bad the servers are down.

+ NeoHumpty on April 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Ummm…any news on Bomberman, though? Guess I’ll buy cops and robbers, instead, but really looking forward to introducing my girlfriend to some bombing action.

+ Mr_Saturn on April 30th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

I hope they let you assign R2 and L2 to 3 punch and 3 kick. If not I think I’ll stick with the ps2 version :/.

+ JDoObS on April 30th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

great list on the ps1 games guys let me just add dino crises 1 and 2 to that…..sony everyday u get lamer and lamer, i dont know whats going on with u guys over there but this has got to stop…for now on when i buy ps3 games they will only be used from gamestop so u dont see a single penny of my money because it seems like u dont want my money anyway….i dont get it how is it possible that i feel that the 360 is such a better system then the ps3 meanwhile it broke on me 5 times…oh i know why because they give the costumers what they want…u should try it some time…every week people cry about what they want and it never happends and sony is so rude that they cant even repley to tell anybody why they cant have what they want….so now i turn off my ps3 and go play my 360 a real gaming console…pathetic losers!!!

+ TailsTheCat on April 30th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

More PSP content please.

+ neojehuty on April 30th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

Awesome update.

+ xb0xkilla162 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Only good things were the MvC2 demo, and the BP C&R pack.

+ morris1129 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

Marvel vs Capcom demo was the worst demo ever. I am still going to buy the game when it comes out because I use to play the game in the arcades and on other systems so I know how to play the game. I just wish it was a single player demo. I already deleted it because i am not going to go out and buy another controller to play a demo. This is my first one rating for a update and i hope it is my last one rating.

+ InfinitiProject on April 30th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

@71
Street Fighter II HD Remix Beta DID IN FACT have an online mode, limited to 2 selectable characters! What the **** are you talking about?

It’s a clear sign that you DID NOT have the beta when it was available on Xbox Live.

fail fanboy failed.

+ DarkAkatosh on April 30th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

I wish I could give a 0 rating…this update is pretty much tripe.

+ JR2576 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

I enjoy the ps1 classics as much as the next guy.. but they are classics. They were great for there time/era. I just dont understand the demand for them now. It also never fails that a large majority of people always have something bad to say about the psn store updates. I take the DLC as it comes, sure some weeks i buy more then others. But any additional support for any games, or new games is great. So everyone should be happy they are gettin something. Remember on ps1/ps2 when there was no psn store. Just cant satisfy everyone. Keep up the good job guys at sony and the Blog.

+ SwampThing71 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

What happened to the Spring PSN game fever. I want The Punisher game.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 30th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Wow MvC2 demo is worthless, why can’t you have a single match against the CPU? This update just turned from “We have one good thing for you today” to “This is one of the worst updates of the year”

+ Dante43 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

That Marvel Vs Capcom 2 demo was pure crap, you only play multiplayer offline, you cant play single player mode nor online, [DELETED] adn waste of time.

+ TimesTrae on April 30th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

I would reown ALOT of PSOne games if they were availible. My list strangely enough has all of the PSOne games mentioned so far pluuuus:

Parasite Eve Series [My fist playstation died on the first boss and never saw the game again!]
Star Ocean: Second Story
Xenogears (to reiterate)
Breath of Fire III
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragoon
Beyond the Beyond
Saga Frontier
Grandia (since you read this far)
FFVII (b/c it deserves to be said again)

+ OverlordLaharl on April 30th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Peoples are complaining about ps1… because they want something to compensate the lack of truly epic ps3 title.

Always been a playstation lover, but none of the current ps3 title are on the same level of fun/entertainment as some game on the ps1.

Look at the name of the game people want… 80% are what? RPG of course! Because they are none available on the Ps3. People also want RPG this generation you know… not just shooter.

+ ynp7 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

This week’s PSN Store Update score: 2/11

+ SkyNet003 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

F**k you Capcom. Are you thinking all of us are nuts about multiplayer? Some of us don’t give a crap about playing with others, local or not.

Nobody in my house gives a damn about videogames (who the heck am i supposed to play with?); and even if the thing was indeed online (which is not), I’m not going to get beaten the crap out by ppl who gets their skills by playing all freaking day.

F**k you Capcom; this demo can’t suck hard enough.

+ SkyNet003 on April 30th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

I expected as much. Bring it on, then. And the demo still sucks.

+ gus_xl on April 30th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

I’m happy that the MvC2 demo is out. I’d be even more happy if I could actually PLAY THE GAME. Way to make a lonely guy feel more lonely.

+ ExcelKnight on April 30th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

@175
Right, what DID happen to that game?

+ djth3pp on April 30th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

I rushed home from work today to download the MvsC2 demo and then realize I can’t even play it by myself? WTF?

+ TheRomanShowman on April 30th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

MVC 2 is pretty useless. I’m still happy the game is coming this summer but the demo was a bit of a let down. The graphics were a let down as well. It would have been great if they gave it the HD Remix treatment. Also, I’m pretty sure the original version had ‘Medium’ Kick/Punch..this one doesn’t.
If it weren’t for this game being such a classic it would be a flop of a re-release.

Bring back..

Marvel vs Capocom
X-men vs Street Fighter
and..
(which ever one(s) had Thanos and apocalypse as last bosses)
Capom vs SNK 2 would be cool too

+ Schmeidenkamp on April 30th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

‘Ok guys give these people what they want! A Marvel vs Capcom 2 Demo!…. that they cant play unless they call a friend!’

+ Schmeidenkamp on April 30th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Can you guys drop the price of the BioShock add on content so I can buy it? $10 bucks is a little much.

Can movies be cheaper to rent as well?

Update the avatars,
thanks

+ Disko on April 30th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Any news on Bomberman Ultra yet? Anything at all? Please?

+ sprice25 on April 30th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

I wish to see these PSone games on PSN:

- Metal Gear Solid
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater
- Crash Team Racing

Agreed, if Sony is waiting until E3, they are waiting too long. Hopefully there will be PS2 games on PSN soon and a firmware update to allow PS2 backward compatibility on systems that do not have the hardware. The PSP2 would be sweet if you can download PS2 games from PSN… that would be awesome.

+ VenomXv on April 30th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

MVC2 demo was such a tease. Luckily I still have my Dreamcast copy around. Can’t wait for the full release.

+ eckoman1 on April 30th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Xenogears
Battle Arena Toshiden
Colony Wars
Dino Crisis

+ KazeEternal on April 30th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

@179
Please don’t speak for us, that has absolutely nothing to do with the reason that I want more PSOne titles on PSN. If anything the Quality of PS3 titles out at any given time (outside of the first year) has far exceeded that of the PS1. Just in the Last year alone I’ve purchased more PS3 games than I have in a years time on any other PlayStation, I think that says something about PS3.

Problem is games are 60 dollars, there is a catalog of games they can sell to me for 5 games that I have not played or have played and want on PSP and there is no reason for them not to make them available to me.

+ sNsKid on April 30th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Please don’t ever allow a company to put a crap demo like MvC2 in the PS Store!

The game looks nice and the final product will be awesome I’m sure, but the MvC2 demo = epic fail.

+ XCrownedClownX on April 30th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Is anyone else having trouble putting funds into your Wallet?

+ The_X_Factor_9 on April 30th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

I’m usually the first to defend you guys from the hate that is posted on these forums, but seriously guys…this Marvel vs. Capcom 2 demo is seriously lacking…A one week on-line multiplayer demo would’ve been better than this in my opinion. Hell if you had a single player demo with Ryu and Wolverine as the only characters, that would’ve been better too…Shame…

+ eLCucuy83 on April 30th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

When I saw MVC2 I felt jealous cuz I would’t feet special cuz I have MVC2 on disc for ps2 and can actually play it on my backwards compatible ps3. But then I saw that it’s not online and I didn’t feel so jealous anymore lol, just wish mine had HD graphics =/ Nice try Sony but not good enough!

+ NeoHumpty on April 30th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Let’s forget the ps1 games. You can get them on the internet for WAY cheaper than they will charge here, anyway. Plus, it almost feels like playing atari now. Maybe some ps2 games, though, for very little more.

+ metaltorch on April 30th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

will they ever but any classic playstation rpgs like legend of dragoon or any final fantasy