Bloodborne

The Battlefield Like You Have Never Seen Before!

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar + Posted by Gordon Van Dyke on Apr 30, 2009 // Associate Producer for Battlefield

This is Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on the online multiplayer, first-person-shooter title, Battlefield 1943. This downloadable title for the PSN will take you back to the WWII Pacific Theater in a way never before seen, this June on the PLAYSTATION 3 for only $15! You’ll enjoy three amazing locations with Iwo Jima, Wake Island, and Guadalcanal letting you pilot and drive a variety of airplanes, tanks, and transport vehicles to help you win the battle.

Battlefield 1943

Today is a really exciting day, first it’s Walpurgis Night here in Sweden celebrating the start of summer’s approach with bonfires, yes I said bonfires, and this is done all over the country. It is quite the sight to see from atop the DICE studio. Another really exciting thing for me today is the release of the Battlefield 1943 trailer for the first time on PSN (later today) and seeing it in full glory on my PS3.

Now before you watch the video, imagine with me flying your Corsair airplane over the tropical Wake Island engaged in a dogfight with a Japanese Zero, you take him down and notice your squad mate’s tank about to be flanked by the enemy in another tank. You quickly bank to the left, swoop down, and drop two bombs perfectly on the enemy, saving your friend and helping him capture a critical control point.

Battlefield 1943 Battlefield 1943

After watching the video, I’m sure you will have a lot of questions about the game so instead of guessing, fire away! I’ll be around for as long as I can to answer them in the comment section. Thanks for taking the time to read this, now write your questions or just give a shout out! :-)

I can beat up Ashton, follow me on Twitter.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Dehshizknight on April 30th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

Shoot! The graphics look pretty sweet on this. Might just have to download this to check it out

+ cnn93 on April 30th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

day 1 buy for me!
but I really need to ask something about the destruction, can the WHOLE building be blown to nothing and absolutely nothing?
and I really need to know how many GB will game take, my 40GB HDD is almost full and i dont want to upgrade b/c ill loose ALOT of games!
plz reply!

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on May 2nd, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

Only the foundation is left on the houses and it is only around 450MB.

+ MrCatBird on May 1st, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

cnn93

1. YES

2. around 350 mb if i’m correct.

Anyway I’ve been a fan of BF1942,and expansions, BFVietnam, and BFBC!

this game will be da best!

+ kieronl1 on May 1st, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

with this kind of destruction to the foundation will that mean all buildings have just a ground floor.

+ marluxia000 on May 1st, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

will there be a beta

+ kingchris20 on May 2nd, 2009 at 12:56 am said:

I see that there will be 24 players online, is this team deathmatch, something like gold rush, or are there going to be other game modes?

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on May 2nd, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

It is Head on Conquest with team divided in two (12vs12).

+ X–GUNSMOKE–X on May 2nd, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

You mentioned that the game will be available in 720p resolution.

Is there a specific reason that its not going to be available in 1080i, 1080p, and 720p?

It seems more and more games are going to 720p only. Which is frustrating for those with older HD televisions.

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on May 2nd, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

Doing a game in 1080P cost a lot on memory and performance, in some cases it isn\’t worth it. But is you don\’t have an HD TV why would you want it in 1080P?

+ frozo14 on May 3rd, 2009 at 5:58 am said:

Great work Gordon. I look forward to this game.
1.i’m pretty sure there’s 2 different fighters in the game. is there any difference between the 2? flight physics, weapons, cockpit visuals?

2.3-classes…..? ok but how many weapons do i have at my hands? any choice over my primary weapon at kit selection?

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on May 4th, 2009 at 1:54 am said:

No differences except where your camera is located which makes the Zero feel quicker to roll, which it isn\’t. :-)

No primary choices, but you have a Primary weapon, secondary, and explosive for all kits.

+ jgb10 on May 3rd, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

What are the crew capacities for the vehicles? It would be nice if the bombers had a gunner and bombardier.

+ RandomReado on May 3rd, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

I loved RalliSport Challenge 2 back in the days when it was the most popular game ever. Vehicle handling was spot on, but I was disappointed when BFBC featured vehicles that handled poorly, such as the tank – sometimes you’d accelerate and the tracks would just spin like you were on ice… Several seconds later and you’d be away, or dead!

What’s vehicle handling like in BF1943? Will it also be improved in BFBC2?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on May 4th, 2009 at 2:32 am said:

It is improved and the jeeps handle a lot better. We even added a drift feature to them for better turning.

+ NinjaPenguin777 on May 3rd, 2009 at 9:27 pm said:

Will you guys be releasing the BF 1943 music from the trailer in any way? The music in the trailer is amazing and I would love to have it.

+ Klass1K on May 4th, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

How many sticks of C4 do I have to put on a tank to blow it up? Battlefield 2 was 3 sticks, and BC was 1 stick. I hope it is 3. :-|

+ X–GUNSMOKE–X on May 6th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

Gordon Van Dyke replied on May 2, 2009 at 11:27 pm
Doing a game in 1080P cost a lot on memory and performance, in some cases it isn’t worth it. But is you don’t have an HD TV why would you want it in 1080P?

Thanks for the reply Gordon. But I do have an HD TV, its an older one, 1080i only. When games are released in only 720p, I cannot get them in HD.

PAGE 1 2 3 4