Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

May 06

May 06

MAG Live Chat with Zipper Interactive

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

After a slight hiatus, PlayStation.Blog live chats are back on with a vengeance. Joining us today: Zipper Interactive welcomes your questions about MAG.

This isn’t the first time Zipper has held a Q&A; click here to view the session from the pre-E3 MAG event.

We’ll get underway at 2pm Pacific/5pm Eastern, right here on this very page. See you soon!

Add Your Own

Skykid360 said:

May 6th, 2:43 pm

Ermm…is there a delay on the LiveChat? Can’t see my questions pop up :(

What i would like to ask is:
Will there be a Party Mode (so me and my friends can be on the same team/squad)?
If so how big can the party be?

Would choosing your allegiance to Factions have an effect on who you can Squad up with or alter the side you are on?

Can we choose our Own Squads (for instance with an Invite system – could be done in the lobby or in-game)?

ScyntWhitestripe said:

May 6th, 2:46 pm

This chat is freaking bogus and rigged. None of my questions got posted.

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 2:46 pm

There pretty damn one sided when it comes to picking questions some of the same people keep there questions answered over and over for example Mullet_Head whats the deal guys thats not right!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 6th, 3:35 pm

I can tell you, we\’re not looking at names when we\’re approving them through, just content.

ABRACADAVER03 said:

May 6th, 2:47 pm

why am i not able to post a question?

Silent-Rogue said:

May 6th, 2:52 pm

this is so rigged! you can comment all you want, but they decide what they publish, us users have plenty of viable questions, but they don’t even acknowledge our comments, why?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 6th, 3:42 pm

I wish you could see what it looked like on the back end – it\’s the equivalent of going of everyone in a basketball arena shouting a question at the same time. If we didn\’t moderate – nothing would get done, and the few answers there would be needles in a haystack – you wouldn\’t even be able to sort out which question is being answered.

killerbloo said:

May 6th, 2:52 pm

Are there a set amount of skills you can acquire? does it cap off at some point where you can only get so many skills? if so will we be able to reset our skills or be out of luck, and have to create a new char.

ChrOMaTic-007 said:

May 6th, 2:52 pm

Can’t wait for this game.

SwordOfWar said:

May 6th, 3:01 pm

This chat session was a joke, honestly. Not only did it last just 1 hour, but a lot of people and myself didn’t even get any answeres for our comments.

I thought the whole point was to give us answers to things we haven’t been told already in interview videos?

Don’t try to tell me it was because they’re too many questions to get to mine, because 50% of the questions answered were about pokemon cards and what keyboard one of the developers used.

I’m disappointed in this whole “live chat thing”… I won’t be wasting my time with s similar event in the future.

chuang4u said:

May 6th, 3:02 pm

don’t know why none of my questions got posted…

Thrasher20 said:

May 6th, 3:03 pm

Yayuh, my question has been answered! And my first ever live chat finally!! Damn you college!

JellyJugs said:

May 6th, 3:04 pm

my questions didn’t show up

katsuo7171 said:

May 6th, 3:05 pm

I still don’t understand why people have not learned from past Blog chats. Not all questiolns will be displayed. As Jeff has said it’s like recieving 1k IM’s in 1 second. If they posted all of the questions we would see a crash of the blog. We don’t want to lose our precious blog do we? :)

Sly-Ripper said:

May 6th, 3:05 pm

Yeah it’s rigged, they only publish questions that they can answer with a positive answer, they wouldnt publish any questions about lag.

ppbobby said:

May 6th, 3:05 pm

Agreed Sword. Chat was a joke. I only learned maybe 1 new thing from an hour of questions?

Seriously, whoever was screening the questions, good job picking the ones that were already answered in nearly every interview, hell even the PS blogs own interview answered most of those questions!

Get it together

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 6th, 3:37 pm

We post the questions that are asked the most, among others. Also, we post questions that have a definitive answer, which not every question asked already does.

bravo9zero said:

May 6th, 3:05 pm

Woot one of my comments showed up :)

Can’t wait for BETA details!! “Prays to God he gets invited”

flyness163 said:

May 6th, 3:06 pm

Wow I ask some pretty reasonable questions, but crap like “Cant wait” and things like that show up, while my legitamite question gets dump.

evildude683 said:

May 6th, 3:06 pm

Jeff you are really BIAS obviously you where filtering up the questions you wanted to appear on the chat box to make them dude’s look better…What a shame

Thrasher20 said:

May 6th, 3:06 pm

@ Sly Ripper,

They answered the LAG question…

SwordOfWar said:

May 6th, 3:07 pm

Don’t make a live chat event and tease us with the ability to ask questions to the developers if you’re not going to let everyone ask questions!

You guys have no idea how angry I am that 95% of us didn’t get any of our submitted questions answered, while they had time to talk mostly about stupid questions not even related to console gaming!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 6th, 3:38 pm

Statistically, we they have time to answer about 45-60 questions (1 per minute), out of ~5000 entries. That\’s how it works. You shouldn\’t take it personally.

usjvc said:

May 6th, 3:07 pm

Fantastic, E3 can’t come soon enough. Many thanks for your time Zipper.

ps: PM me an exclusive MAG screen please :)

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:07 pm

@katsuo7171 yeah it is rigged if not tell me why alot of the same people kept getting there comments posted over and over its bogus!

Cruizer8 said:

May 6th, 3:07 pm

@ 43

I completely agree with you, however, MAG is online only so although splitscreen would be VERY nice, it’s not a huge deal for the developers.

On the other hand, most developers do underestimate the need for local multiplayer instead of online only. I myself play games with friends locally by far more than I do online.

flyness163 said:

May 6th, 3:08 pm

@62 thats understandable about the blog crashing, but the were selecting some crapping question. Heck some wasnt even question.

Anti-Steven said:

May 6th, 3:08 pm

Lots people are asking questions, and it would be useless to let them all go up. He’s just choosing questions and comments that he thinks are best. About a guy getting more than one question, I don’t know.

Dehshizknight said:

May 6th, 3:09 pm

Amazing live chat. The best yet since I actually made it to this one :p

Remotion said:

May 6th, 3:09 pm

People, when you write a question, it is sent to Jeff but not posted. Once he reads it he can decide to send it and make it show up in chat or not. Thing is, the questions picked are almost always ones that have already been answered in all the previews/interviews or are just plain pointless. It has happened every single time in these chats.

It makes all this absolutely pointless as you can easily go to ign or wherever to get answers to these questions without having to wait an hour.

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:12 pm

so its basically jeff’s buddies that get there questions answered?

KingOfNexus said:

May 6th, 3:13 pm

Thank you to zipper for answering one of my questions!

Now lets have this BETA already!

SwordOfWar said:

May 6th, 3:13 pm

I want that hour of my lifeb ack now >:|

evildude683 said:

May 6th, 3:14 pm

Jeff is BIAS!!!!!!!!

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:14 pm

I try getting involved in the PS blog community but I swear its the same people getting the replies!

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

May 6th, 3:14 pm

i wonder how many peoples “good” questions got pushed aside for a lame comment?

Blkant said:

May 6th, 3:15 pm

I love how none of my questions ever manage to appear or get answered nor does anyone else seem to ever ask them :/

evildude683 said:

May 6th, 3:15 pm

@77 Yes indeed!!!
That’s how it works

SwordOfWar said:

May 6th, 3:16 pm

I felt totally ignored the entire time. You might as well have made another video so I could watch this repeat of information without waiting for a “live chat” to start.

If you can’t get to our questions, don’t let us waste our time submitting them in the first place, thinking we might actually get some real answers.

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:18 pm

I could have been online playin some Killzone rather than hoping my questions get posted I still cant wait for this game, sorry I just think all this is crap spend alot of money on Sony I mean alot and I plan on working for a Sony exclusive company when i’m done with school but this is a waste of time!

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

May 6th, 3:19 pm

I see im not alone in this.

(and for the record)

Its not the fact that i didnt get a question posted, it the fact so many unnecessary comments did make it threw.

tetsou9shima said:

May 6th, 3:19 pm

The only thing I had posted wasn’t even a question. Just “thx guys”. Does anyone know if they are planning any Home support or the option to play your own music.

SwordOfWar said:

May 6th, 3:20 pm

shadowTalyis – Agreed. I’m going to go back to my KILLZONE 2 now. If this is how all future live chats are going to be…well, we might as well not evne have them.

Peace everyone…

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:21 pm

Later Sword

ATOMS11 said:

May 6th, 3:21 pm

My question was are all vehicles user controlled? Got no answer. And i asked is the entire map playable from the start of the game, or does it open in sections ? A little sad now :(

JKar275 said:

May 6th, 3:28 pm

I’m pissed off that they failed to answer these questions:
1) Will there be any naval or littoral combat?

2) Will there be a motion control option in the controller settings screen?

3) If yes, will it be fully customizable with a slider that goes from 0-100% – like in Warhawk?

4) Will we be able to deploy robotic drones – both ground-based as well as aerial?

5) Have the developers used the Futureweapons cable TV show as inspiration for some of the weapons?

ShadowTalyis said:

May 6th, 3:28 pm

Well later guys heres to some awesome announcements at E3 I really hope one of there big announcements isnt the motion controller really Sony were moving up dont ruin a good thing those companies that will be spending the hours making a motion game can instead be making a new IP for the ones that stuck by Sony the whole time or maybe a sequel Angel Rings(Legend of Dragoon 2) Damn I wish or some rpg’s come on Sony! PLEASE.

JKar275 said:

May 6th, 3:29 pm

One more question that they never answered:

Will annual Qore subscribers get access to the beta?

SPARDA said:

May 6th, 3:31 pm

Zipper made the best shooter(s) on PS2 and will most likely deliver again on the PS3.

You wait and see

SnakeEyes4 said:

May 6th, 3:31 pm

Cool!

Thrasher20 said:

May 6th, 3:43 pm

Chill SwordOfWar…

JoE5005 said:

May 6th, 3:45 pm

Great job Jeff (and whoever else was working on it) with taking all those questions and sorting through the mess. Great interview.

ThePerfectMurder said:

May 6th, 3:48 pm

I hated finding the question “Will MAG be free to play?” It was already answered on your blog! Next time we definately need to gather information in a post before the chat so we don’t waste their time!

katsuo7171 said:

May 6th, 3:50 pm

@71 it is not rigged because my question got through. I in no way work or represent Zipper or SCEA. I am just a loyal customer. As Jeff has stated can you handle 5000 texts in a matter of 55 minutes. I don’t think so.