PS4 - Destiny

inFAMOUS – Your Questions Answered (#1)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 11, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

With the release of inFAMOUS just a couple weeks away, it’s high time that we get your questions answered. In this first segment (you had a *lot* of questions), Sucker Punch co-Founder/Lead Programmer Bruce Oberg takes on reader queries about the Karma system, melee attacks, and the unusual spelling of “inFAMOUS.”

Stay tuned for part two tomorrow, and for those of you who’ve gotten hands-on time with the demo, what do you think?

+ Thrasher20 on May 11th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

Can you guys tell I’m really hyped for this game? And E3?????? OMG I CAN’T WAIT!

+ TheGuardianFID on May 11th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

The Demo is awesome, I have the game reserved, I can’t wait, great job guys!!! :D

+ Thrasher20 on May 11th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

His face in the beginning! Priceless!

+ Heisem on May 11th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

Can’t way. nice interview that guy was really funny

+ onimonkii on May 11th, 2009 at 8:59 pm said:

Just got a demo from Best Buy, anyone out there looking for one. Just a $5 preorder, if you don’t pick it up you get a full refund w/ receipt. In case you had an amazon/gamestop preorder like I do.

+ Razkadaz on May 11th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

My question is (if I can leave it here)

At the Cineplex was that Sly Cooper 4 a hint to us Sly lovers that hes coming back for a 4th insallment?

+ I_am_rushin on May 11th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

Nice I’ve been really looking forward to this game since I got a good look during CES videos.

Jeff, please tell me this game will be marketed. It looks phenomenal, but overly underhyped and it just recently started picking up some steam.

+ stlthriot on May 11th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

First, just wanted to say it was great to finally be able to play inFamous, the demo was a fun taste of the experience. :)

I did notice a lot of pop-in of cars, people, objects and textures. Is this demo from an earlier build of the game or is this what we will be seeing in the final game?
Even if they faded in or something it would look a bit better. Don’t get me wrong, the game definitely looks great but just surprised for a PS3 exclusive I am seeing so many graphical malfunctions.

Also, the people AI and animation is a little crazy, lol. They were getting jammed and lodged into many objects without doing much to them.

I’m just really hoping this stuff won’t be in the final version of the game. :)

+ Omnifarious on May 11th, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

That was an awesome interview; I’m very pumped for the game now (was kind of on the edge before).

+ N30RYU on May 11th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Will all the European version of inFAMOUS include the multiplayer beta code of Uncharted 2? Or we won’t be able to test it?

+ SoopaMan2K on May 11th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

Yeah, the demo was great. I can’t wait for full game. 15 more days!!

+ SilverPR on May 11th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

IGN will get somewhere 9am PST their game review of your game. This is awesome… But I want a demo code, I pre-ordered in full and still no demo code???? (Gamestop is evil :( )

Jeff, please I wanna have one!!!!

+ EliteCobra718 on May 11th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

i didnt get a chance to touch the demo, but i know when i get my hands on this game..i’m going to fry my playstation 3

+ The_Punisher111 on May 11th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

Does anyone know how InFAMOUS is pronouced? Is it en-fah-mus or en-fay-mes

+ Kyuutketsuki on May 11th, 2009 at 11:08 pm said:

Finally a good sandbox game :). I find that the game is a little too crackdown, not enough Star Wars Force Unleashed, I’m hoping the real game has like 10 or more extra powers to make life interesting. This is the first demo this year that I haven’t wanted to delete right after I played it once through.

inFAMOUS will truly be it’s namesake.

+ Chvor on May 11th, 2009 at 11:13 pm said:

damn i want this game but i gotta wait after the exams which determine will i make it into Uni

+ sicknick85us on May 11th, 2009 at 11:18 pm said:

Jeff… i’ve try the demo and the easy level is too difficult

+ Whizkid105 on May 11th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

The demo was fun, I enjoyed it. I have a question: How much area is available in the game in terms of miles? How big is the city?

+ JoE5005 on May 12th, 2009 at 1:32 am said:

haha that guy was great. Have been playing the inFamous demo for about three/four days now, and have just been loving it. I play the same four missions over and over, but I don’t care, it’s always fun to take new approaches to the missions. Plus, just jumping around the city is a blast. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

+ thefjk on May 12th, 2009 at 2:02 am said:

PRE-ORDERED!

+ Belazor on May 12th, 2009 at 2:32 am said:

Now see this kind of interview is why I love this blog, I laughed so hard at the collapsing scene =D

+ Dinjooh on May 12th, 2009 at 3:21 am said:

Just received a mail stating that the release date for the EU version of inFamous have been changed to 27/5, two days earlier then before.

+ Ackers11 on May 12th, 2009 at 3:35 am said:

That guy was awsome!

+ TailsTheCat on May 12th, 2009 at 3:45 am said:

Generic concept for any medium, especially video games.

+ ky13kid on May 12th, 2009 at 4:12 am said:

Will their be extra content for inFamous?
LIke things like add ons and mb even a new story mode.

+ loadstone007 on May 12th, 2009 at 4:40 am said:

Great to watch. Keep ‘em coming, Jeff.

+ THEdarknessvirus on May 12th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

will there be a comic or sth and if there is can i buy it from amazon

+ remanutd5 on May 12th, 2009 at 4:59 am said:

off topic , this is to any LUNATICS out there , Motorstorm Pacific Rift latest update is out , no DLC yet but its a pretty cool update

+ WFMMK on May 12th, 2009 at 5:03 am said:

Nice thanks Jeff for asking my question :p

+ Fersis on May 12th, 2009 at 5:18 am said:

The guy looks like a cool cat.
The demo is by far the best demo on the PSN.
Im not exagerating.
One of the best games on PS3 for sure.

+ ShadowOfEden on May 12th, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

“Jeff Rubenstein replied on May 11, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Let me tell you something – you will *never* have more gaming time in your life then when you are in school. Enjoy it!”

Nope. By personal experience, the period that you have the most time to play video game is between the day you end school and the day that your child is born. During that interval, you don’t have much things to do at home. Sure, you still have to eat, meet friends, see your family, but that goes for outside of the interval too. You don’t have homeworks to do and a child will require of you a huge amount of attention. Without either of those, you have 1. Lots of free time. 2. You just started working full time, so you probably have enough to buy all the great games.

+ LukaX23 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

Great interview Jeff!

PS: I hope I’ll be able to see you at the E3 Blogger Meet-Up this June. :P

+ zabbyh on May 12th, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

Cool, Thanks for asking my question Jeff. Cannot wait for this game, the demo is awesome

+ exenpipp on May 12th, 2009 at 6:33 am said:

Hey, I’ve had the demo since… Many days ago! And I just keep playing it! It

+ exenpipp on May 12th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

‘s really fun! Looking forward to the real game.

Hey, @Jeff!
Wondering how long the game is? You know, like doing it almost 100 %, how long will that take?

+ mikemill on May 12th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Demo is awesome, I’ve played it several times now. I love the platforming, freaking great. Can’t wait till the 26th!

+ BigRon3400 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

I am so hyped for this game. I have it preordered and I’m counting the days to release.

+ B0_wAlEeD55 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

this is awesome man but i have a question?
when is the demo is gonna be released in???

+ Midgetguy on May 12th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

Thank you! One of my favorite interviews for sure! Very fun! :P

Thank you Jeff AND Bruce!

I’ve been a fan since Rocket on the N64! :)

Can’t wait until InFamous!

+ HouseMorton on May 12th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

Are you aware that since the demo doesn’t support 1080i/p, the many users with TVs that don’t support 720p are left playing it in standard def? It’s a no buy for me, which is too bad since it looked promising. Too many devs are totally unaware of this issue caused by Sony’s stupid decision to not use universal scaling.

Talk to Naughty Dog if you want info on how to quickly implement the scaling SDK to fix this (somehow they did it right before launch on Uncharted). Also, the devs for Turok and Burnout Paradise fixed this post-release with a patch, so there’s always hope.

+ S-E-G on May 12th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

FlyRice | May 11th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Is DLC planned for this game after it releases?

of course there will be DLC, why does eveyone ask this question? why would they not milk you or anyone else for extra money for one game?

+ enormhi on May 12th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

I’m from Europe, so I haven’t played the demo. :’( School almost ending, next week exams. After exams INFAMOUS, it’s fkkng great!

+ Sarges24 on May 12th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

I got more gaming time now that I’m 30, well almost, than I did when I was in school. :D :P

Speaking of which. Sucker Punch has made this a birthday to remember. Although inFAMOUS comes out the day after my birthday, yes, Memorial Day is my birthday, it’s still going to make it the 2nd best birthday I’ve ever had. Second to only last year when my fiance got me an authentic Robinson Cano jersey. ;) ;) awesome interview, interesting co-founder. Gotta love Sucker Punch!!

+ Hidstar on May 12th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

@Jeff’s 53 reply:

Well I don’t think anybody would like to see you in Christina’s dress presenting Pulse ;-)

+ mixedkidbx on May 12th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

inFAMOUS reviews are coming out today and IGN gave it a 9.2/10. woot!!

i hope you guys are already working on inFAMOUS 2 :D

+ TailsTheCat on May 12th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

If this is your most anticipated title of the year, your standards are horribly low. Your shelves must be full of sport games and GTA’s. You people are pathetic; getting this excited about a generic game about a courier that somehow is able project lightning.

+ SKELLY7 on May 12th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

This game just keeps going from strength to strength for me. Cant wait to get it in my PS3 and most importantly give Bruce a well earned rest.

+ SilverPR on May 12th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

Seriously…. Get Out!!!!!!!!

+ StrykerIsland on May 12th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

IGN’s video review is great, recommend watching it, especially if you haven’t had a chance to try the demo yet.

+ I_am_rushin on May 12th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

W00t!!! 9.2 from IGN great job Sucker Punch can’t wait to play!