GTAV PS4

inFAMOUS – Your Questions Answered (#2)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 12, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Clearly, you’re excited about inFAMOUS. The reaction to yesterday’s Sucker Punch Q&A has been quite good, and there’s more where that came from. In today’s interview, Sucker Punch co-founder and Development Director Chris Zimmerman talks game length, amount of missions, and why you should bother to explore the living city they’ve created.

If, even after two days of Q&As, you *still* have questions about inFAMOUS… that’s OK. We’re working on setting up a time for the devs at Sucker Punch to join us for a live chat. Stay tuned for details.

+ TerryVSL on May 12th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

“Will there be a pregame demo out soon like week before release and when?”

The demo hits PSN on the 21st – next Thursday.

+ Raptors138 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Wait rated T for teen?

I remember seeing the rating as M. Plus there was a good amount of language in the demo. Am I missing something? Did they just change it?

+ Kittonwy on May 12th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

BUY INFAMOUS!!!111!!!>:|

+ spunnups on May 12th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

I was LOL’ing when the guy kept leaning over and reading your card. Another good interview Jeff, keep em comin.

+ TerribleGlory on May 12th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

I’ve already pre-ordered infamous so i’m guaranteed my copy. haha

+ Coheno on May 12th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Already pe-ordered the special edition! Looking foreward to this game SO badly…

But yeah, probably am gonna try and complete this as good and later as evil, just to experience the difference…but which to start off with!?

+ thegriefer on May 12th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

I preordered this game i cant wait for the 26th.

+ Mistah_Murkle on May 12th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

hey jeff, we (arsenal) are not playing the worst football of our lives. Its because silvestre cant defend to save his life. We haven’t been able to defend since gallas was injured. Oh, and on topic, Infamous looks amazing, ive preordered from play.com and i get a beta code as a bonus.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:01 am said:

In the decade I\’ve been supporting the team, I can\’t remember a worse 4-match stretch of football. Can you?

+ SilverPR on May 12th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Jeff…. Anything you guys are gonna post later in the days to come about the game besides the May 21st Demo?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:02 am said:

Well, working on that live chat…

+ waffman11 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

@32: I’d just reccommend getting the demo when it releases, a week before the game releases. Reviews are all subject to the opinion of the reviewer. Once again, can’t wait for the game, but why such a short interiew? It’s only half the length of the other interviews, so did you run out of questions or did you not have a lot of time?
“Thunder Flop!”

+ heatseeker on May 12th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

i love sucker punch!

+ XgargunoX on May 12th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

he didnt really answer the 2nd question…can u play the game once being evil and then play it again and use the powers u unlocked the first time so you can have all of them at the beginning and be awesome?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

The answer is no – and having played through the game, you acquire powers in a logical sense.

+ xero93 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Can’t wait! Looks like it will live up to the hype, doesn’t it?

Going to preorder ASAP- just not sure where. Should I go for the early demo, or the bonus weapon…
Maybe the weapon, if it’s not to cheap and broken.

+ MariusElijah on May 12th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Instant purchase

Also when will we hear info for Heavy Rain?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

We\’ll have your questions answered in a video in late May.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on May 12th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Jeff,

Will this game support Custom Soundtracks? I hope you can answer.

LN

+ smokey_vols on May 12th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

I have this preordered at Amazon and Gamestop just so I can get all the bonus items.

+ SilverPR on May 12th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

Oh Heavy Rain…. I hope you put a date on that one when E3 goes up.

+ Kren420 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

o wow thanks for using my question jeff :) too bad the answer was no

+ BlazednSleepy on May 12th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

haha zimmerman is soo buzzed.

i cannot freakin wait for this game!!

ign 9.2!

another PS3 quality exclusive.

+ Dehshizknight on May 12th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

OMG, the waiting is seriously getting to me now… The two biggest games that the waits were seriously bugging me were in MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet.

+ mckg123456789 on May 12th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

hey i know this is out of the subject but can you guys in the psb do this with cross edge, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

I\’ve been speaking with NIS, and if they can find some time in the crazy buildup to E3, they\’ll be posting here on Cross Edge.

+ ADR143 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

nice!

+ AceNet2 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

Great interview Jeff! They got some real cut-ups over at SP! Already pre-ordered Mr. Zimmerman, don’t worry.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

They are an interesting bunch, yes :-)

+ jBat17 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

@62
no, there is no new game plus mode here. if you start a new game, you begin from scratch.

+ luizcab on May 12th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Just want to congratulate you guys, everybody knows that mastering a new platform is no easy task. With inFAMOUS looking so good now, we can only wait for the next instalment of the game. And that’s a request, we want to see what you guys will be able to do in the next game.

Cheers!

+ RandomBeast on May 12th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

There are some really fun people working at Sucker Punch! inFAMOUS is a day one buy for me :)

+ remanutd5 on May 12th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

hey Jeff is there gonna be an inFAMOUS collectors edition ??? i would gladly buy it !!!!!

+ Martin_Keamy on May 12th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

Don’t worry, Mr. Z! Pre-ordered second week in April, paid in full. :)

+ N30RYU on May 12th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Simple question…

-Multiplayer beta of Uncharted 2 included in the european version of the game?

+ jimmy903 on May 12th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

Damn this game is awesome, was just playing the demo and had Cole hanging one handed from the bottom of a traffic signal shooting, zaping, blowing up and throwing cars into a small glide jump and ground bomb!

What?

Still day one for me.

Jeff,
Great interviews.

+ Ratchet426 on May 12th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

Jeff-

Great interview as always. But dude, I think it’s time that Sony hooked you up with some nice wireless, clip-on lapel mics.

I’m not saying you don’t rock with that circa 1985 old-school “Phil Donahue special”, but seriously, it’s 2009 ;-)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:06 am said:

Dude, Phil Donahue rocked.

Actually, I have a wireless, but in my experience, I don\’t trust them around a lot of electrical equipment (interference). I\’d hate to interview and then get back home and find it unusable. The ol\’ Donahue Special has good sound pickup in loud areas.

+ Yoinazek on May 12th, 2009 at 9:17 pm said:

I thought the co-founder was the guy from part 1…

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 13th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

You\’re both right!

+ ZO6SHADOW on May 12th, 2009 at 9:39 pm said:

will it have custom music

+ SoopaMan2K on May 12th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

It seems like this game is GTAIV length. I’m satified! I’m already paid in full so, all is left is Sucker Punch giving Sony the ok for a Midnight release. *Wishful thinking*

+ peevmyster on May 12th, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

Do you know what the instal size is going to be, if any?

+ Dragun619 on May 12th, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

Hey Jeff I notice the release date for FF7:Advent Children Complete blu ray comes out Coincidentally the same day as Sony’s E3 conference, June 2nd. Will there be Any FF7 related announcements be at E3? Please answer! I would certainly buy FF7 on PSN than rather pay $70 for a copy on ebay.

+ JL84wolf on May 12th, 2009 at 10:39 pm said:

pre order now ! the demo is fun

+ stlthriot on May 12th, 2009 at 10:50 pm said:

I noticed my question in the #1 Blog didn’t get answered so I will post it here again:

I did see a lot of pop-in of cars, people, objects and textures. Is this demo from an earlier build of the game or is this what we will be seeing in the final game?

Even if they faded in or something it would look a bit better. Don’t get me wrong, the game definitely looks great but just surprised for a PS3 exclusive I am seeing so many graphical malfunctions.

Also, the people AI and animation is a little crazy, lol. They were getting jammed and lodged into many objects without doing much to them.

I’m just really hoping this stuff won’t be in the final version of the game because it is somewhat distracting. :)

+ TRYBAL_XERO on May 12th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

I cannot wait for this game
It looks like it has so much depth
This is the game I want the most right now ( excluding MAG and Modern Warfare2)

+ joostin on May 12th, 2009 at 11:04 pm said:

Zims got me at the end…

I’m BUYING inFAMOUS!

+ jasopan_ on May 13th, 2009 at 12:26 am said:

Can’t wait for this, still wondering if i should pre-order the SE or the normal one..choices choices

+ kdiep on May 13th, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

I finally pre-ordered. I was not going to after the bs exclusive power for preorders stuff. But as a thanks to Sucker Punch and Playstation Blog crew for these interviews I decided to preorder it (but NOT at GameStop, where the exlusive power lies.. Amazon ftw). Of course this has nothing to do with the game looking awesome :). No seriously, thanks for the interviews they’re awesome.

+ iyzy on May 13th, 2009 at 1:33 am said:

He wants me to buy infamous so I must

+ TopherTide on May 13th, 2009 at 1:43 am said:

@71 have you checked out the NISamerica site, some really good stuff on cross-edge there, it’s making me drool lol

PS nisamerica.com

+ xiked on May 13th, 2009 at 2:02 am said:

Day 1 buy here! The demo I was able to try out is the best demo I have ever played! Collectors Edition for me!

+ sicknick85us on May 13th, 2009 at 2:07 am said:

Jeff I try the demo and the most of the people in various forum say that the demo is too difficult for the easy level…

+ HugoIce on May 13th, 2009 at 2:23 am said:

Jeff why was nothing asked in that interview about the Sly cooper 4 name on the demo? I think everyone that has seen that has stayed curious about it and still no reference to it whatsoever.

And i thank Mr Chris Zimmerman for awnsering our questions, but can someone plz feed that man? He seriously looks like a skeleton… Very thin and very white.. Doesnt Sucker Punch feed their nº 1 employee?..

Thanks for the good interview and the questions awnsered Chris and Jeff.

+ HugoIce on May 13th, 2009 at 2:26 am said:

And by the way, jeff you said on awnser to #77 that there was not gonna be a collector’s Edition, when there is one already… I have it pre-ordered the Infamous Limited Edition so i know for a fact it exists.

+ Enigma777 on May 13th, 2009 at 3:15 am said:

Buying it day one! I hope the Gigawatt blades become available through DLC cause I hate GS I will not do business with them…

+ HawkEyes1 on May 13th, 2009 at 3:19 am said:

Demo? what demo there is no demo unless you guys are being greedy and releasing only to those who have a Qore Subscribition?..The 21st we shall see.But what I like to know is where did you people get your hands on this demo before its even out?..