Hey all you, Motorstormers!
Hope you’re having fun ripping it up in the jungle on Pacific Rift because starting this Thursday, May 14th, we’ll be sending a downloadable vehicle livery pack your way every week for the next eight weeks exclusively via PlayStation Store. Each pack features new paint jobs for three vehicles, and the full set will give MotorStorm: Pacific Rift players a cutting-edge new look for every single vehicle class in the game: Mudpluggers, Quad Bikes, Monster Trucks, Rally Cars and more. Each new livery has been designed by one of Evolution’s top studio artists and the result is a collection of some of the craziest and out-there vehicle sprays ever seen in a racing game!
And to top it off, all these liveries are FREE!
Additionally, Game Update #2 was just released, and provides a number of useful fixes and updates for MotorStorm Pacific Rift. These include:
- Sugar Rush short-cut removed – The short-cut to the left of the “keep right” arrows going into the sugar field was not intentionally included and has been removed
- Sugar Rush respawn point fixed – Crashing at a certain point on the track no longer respawns the vehicle in a generous position
- Inclusion of Microbadges
Actually, wanted to focus on these new Microbadges as these are very cool ways of giving each player a distinct identity when online in MotorStorm Pacific Rift. Microbadges are in-game displayable ‘medals’ which let you flaunt your proudest personal accomplishments and your off-road racing prowess to every other racer online.
Microbadges go beyond the usual Trophies that MotorStorm Pacific Rift already awards; the idea is that they should be dedicated to things you’d want other players to know about while you’re racing online. Here are some examples:
- Gold Festival – Completed Pacific Rift Festival with all Gold medals
- Immortal – Win an Online Ranked race without wrecking
- Flame and Fortune – 20 Boost explosion wins
- Time Attack Master – Record an impressive Time Attack time on any Leaderboard
- Supreme Victor – Win any Online or Offline race by a margin of 15 seconds
Microbadges are displayed beneath each Online ID, and players can display up to three badges from the get-go. Three more badge slots (there are six slots total) can be earned by working up the online ranks, and players can unlock 40 microbadges total. Players can choose which badges to show off and highlight what they’ve achieved in the game. Microbadges will also provide retroactive credit, so if you’ve already put in the hours, you’ll be reaping the rewards.
Last but not least, we wanted to give you a heads up on the photo contest we highlighted earlier.
Well we have finally gotten our winners, and they will be officially announced later this week on the official MotorStorm VIP site: vip.motorstorm.com. Keep an eye out to see if you are one of the lucky winners!