PS4 - Transistor

PS3 Firmware (v2.76) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 13, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

676 Comments

PAGE 1 10 11 12 13 14

+ chisox100 on May 14th, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

BRING CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT!

+ Psychoholic420 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

When are they going to make the remote play reversable? I would love to axess my PSP games and be able to play them on my PS3. That cord is too short. I wanna chill and see my PSP on the big screen.

+ Balding on May 14th, 2009 at 10:52 pm said:

I’m inclined to agree with alot of the indiviuals posting here (page one at least) My internet is so slow that it takes me 1 to 2 hours to download PS3 updates. Having said this I would prefer if you would save “Improved playback quality” as part of more inmportant updates as it wastes alot of my time “improving” things that don’t matter to me.

+ KnightOrc on May 15th, 2009 at 12:34 am said:

@Eric Lempel:

Firstly I’d like to apologise for the swathe of idiots spamming and whining, mostly because it hides actual informative or innovative posts.

And secondly, to add to my previous feature ideas, what about a feature for syncing your PS3 save games to online storage (provided by Sony?) to prevent much pain when an HDD dies/corrupts etc? It could be extended to accomodate being able to log on to your account at a friends house and have your save games available…

+ MB-rules on May 15th, 2009 at 3:13 am said:

Thanks for the update Sony.

+ wdaywalker on May 15th, 2009 at 3:39 am said:

thats a nice update….. some ps2 playback would be even nicer. ever gonna bring that back to current owners of ps3 without it…….. we wouldnt want ps3 to not be as good as it good be we dont need another system like the 360

+ wdaywalker on May 15th, 2009 at 3:43 am said:

and please we need an update for the browser im sure we can get better software on it to play movies.the ps3 can do so much more than what it does now

+ dragonite666 on May 15th, 2009 at 5:59 am said:

pleaseeee i want listen musics while i play my games on ps3

+ FightinPhils on May 15th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

wouldn’t it be great to stream gameplay audio to your stereo bluetooth device?

+ Lucky_Johnny on May 15th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

ERIC LEMPEL
- Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
- Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
- Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
- symbols and numbers that show friends online and new messages on the XMB and beside message box
- Auto Sync Trophies
- More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
- Report feature to report issues and stuff
- Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
- When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
- More Avatars
- XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394

+ STRYKIE on May 15th, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

I think secretly it’ll also improve BC with PS2 games, but they dont want to mention it because people with a PS3 that cant play them at all will realise they got screwed over and that PS3′s could originally play EVERY PS2 game. Sony, hang your heads in shame, you killed off 40% of the PS3 (and your consumers LOL). You can disguise that with as much hard drive space and say ‘We’re looking forwards not backwards’ as much as you like, you aint fooling me. PS2 is and always will be the best Playstation until it is discontinued. and you know that. but every time somebody mentions it youre like.. ‘Hey, buy a PS3.’ Dont get me wrong I love PS3, but Sony’s becoming really sly and ignorant about their history.

+ K1ll_Masta on May 15th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

please please please please put in game voice chat aldready

+ NeoRaidenX on May 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

All they do is take away features.
… In-video XMB…

+ mrdeadhead on May 15th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Hey Sony, if something is wrong with the damn update would you just let us know? We won’t be angry, in fact we’re happy that you just came out and told us and that you’re trying to fix it.
But no, thats not the case is it?
Go to your room, Sony.

+ eFunk25 on May 15th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

I’m a little nervous to do this update. I’ve already talked to 2 friends that said some of there disk based games didn’t work after this update.

+ mrdeadhead on May 15th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

@wdaywalker
shoulda bought it when backwards compatibility was built in. It seems like 1 in 6 of my games doesn’t work, but it’s still damn handy.

+ eFunk25 on May 15th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

I’m not talking about PS2 games. They were PS3 games that weren’t working.

+ mrdeadhead on May 15th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

you’re not wdaywalker, are you?

and yes, there’s a bunch of people out there that have messed up systems since the update.
my guess is that you can still update later, so they may just fix the update and let you install that later.

but it’s been a rule of thumb to give the updates a day or two to live, and see if they mess up anyone’s system, before downloading them myself.

I mean… this is what the 3rd time this happened? 2.40 and 2.0 had problems, also if i remember right.

+ woodsr59 on May 15th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

”Eric Lampell

we have all seen you are inept at this job. please fire yourself. seriously this update “helps with ps media” how about the media that worked before your last patch you smuck (remember divx?). or better yet cross game voice chat and other no brainers.. wait did i say no brainers because you have no brain but yet still fail at the obvious. sony why dont you try listening to us THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE SYSTEM? not some pencil pushing twit who probably cant even tie his own shoes. he has proven time and again he has not a clue about what we want. really edited text chat? that was a big one right. we all wanted that and had been saying it for ages.. sarcasm. Eric you are spineless how about you actually answer these posts we make. or the 2.70 blog for that matter. we demand an explanation. we pay your salary you answer to US. did you get that? be a man and level with us. what are the plans timeframes goals problems etc. its called corp.transparency. its when a company keeps thier supporters in light of what is going on. TRY IT.”

I second that. These updates are lazy. He doesnt even say what games this update applies to.

+ eFunk25 on May 15th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

mrdeadhead,

No this is was the first time I posted anything on here. I talked to my friend and he said the games that wouldn’t work were 720p games. Not 1080p games. Must have something to do with that. Like you said (mrdeadhead), I’ll just wait a bit before I do the update to see what happens. Thanks

+ xxKILROYxx on May 15th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

hey, how about you guys add a feature where you can play your music while playing a game. also, could you make it easier to sync music and photos with a mac?

+ sirgrinalot on May 15th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

I would like to see the PS3 get ATRAC3PLUS support. Even the PSP supports it.

+ mpls22 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

Sounds like everyone should get an Xbox and all your dreams would come true. I had to get both, 1 as a Blu-ray player and one as a game system. Eventually everyone hear will realize that Sony’s focus on the PS3 is for a media player, not a game system.

+ ironmike2008 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

surley a decent update is due :(

+ sirgrinalot on May 15th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

O wait, I just tried it and the ps3 does support ATRAC3PLUS, my bad.

+ jankIE_ on May 15th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

i want to have some in game chat and some new avatars like they haven’t been updated sense new year basically

+ GunitLoordz on May 15th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

this will only improve the playback guys no cross game voice chat this month atleast :/

+ Losari on May 15th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

Great…another hour to update.
I shouldn’t have to wait so long to update any console. I have an Xbox 360 and updates typically take anywhere from 10-20 seconds. The large, new interface, update took only about 5 minutes.

There is no reason why the Playstation 3 updates must take so long.

Fix this.

+ darkpixel on May 15th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Will Sony EVER consider A2DP support with the PS3?

I’d love to be able to use one head set for cell phone, mp3 player and PS3.

+ xIMxSUREx on May 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

I hope that in the future the PS3 will have a firmware that includes in game voice chat. I highly doubt that the PS3 is not already thinking about it. Also,faster game updating would be very nice.

+ NSCharney on May 15th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

please find a way to let us play ps2 games on the non BC models. i miss playing them cause i hate going back to the ps2. beside they would probably look better on ps3, there has to be some way sony can add it to the models without the emotion chip, maybe an emulator available in the playstation store or something

+ Leonester2027 on May 15th, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

i think u should start party chats like xbox. like if im playing call of duty world at war and my friend is playing killzone 2 i can get in a private chat with him and talk

+ TURRIBLE on May 15th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC WHILE PLAYING MY GAMES ON THE PS3!!! LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

+ DigitalHour on May 16th, 2009 at 12:49 am said:

Okay people it has been shown time and time again, sony WILL NOT give us what we want, WHY because its a free online. so we get what they think free is worth..
yes ps3 is a better system, but sony has our cash from it, now there going to let it die!

+ Adam_Alimighty on May 16th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

I can’t even go online becuase of this stupid update, and I have a terrible connection to make it worse. Everytime I try to do the update it always says ERROR! Why won’t it work?

+ MaxLimitz on May 16th, 2009 at 5:38 am said:

I can’t download this update. It ends at around 55 %. Now I can’t play online with my PS3!

+ RENOMETAL on May 16th, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

Hello people of the ps3 community.
I have many ideas I would like to add to our ps3 experience .
These opinions are not entirely mine some are my friends and we love to posses them in our ps3.

#1 we need the main ps3 menu style to change something like to those cool java features with pop-ups and cool fade backs.

#2 If possible playing music tracks while on both online & normal game play .

#3we need a benefit from our trophies we can use as credits to buy stuff from the ps-store you can specify those things if you like but it would be cool if we can use then in like a cash or trade method.

#4 upload our own pictures as our avatars.

#5 feature like you your own space were you can upload your own game videos and picture also a records for games played ,trophy display, space customization , top friends , [music played in backround(if possible)].

#6 messengers like yahoo,msn,skype.
To make the ps3 our only sanctuary for entertainment.

(we want the ps3 to be the only leading gaming experience)

+ kakarot1994 on May 16th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

i keep gettin error codes sayin i cnt use playstation network any help out there. and as 4 th updates in game chat would be nice

+ kakarot1994 on May 16th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

+ Silencio22 on May 16th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

I don’t understand why all of you are saying these updates are pointless, if you honestly can’t stand the updates just either point out what you want and shut it. What you want is different from saying this is pointless and a waste. I say if it keeps atleast somethings new I can care less what it does. They way I see it, it’s like the “time of the month” for the PS3 xD if you don’t find the humor in the joke then think about how someof you get frustrated when it’s time. I’m a guy but I have sisters so I have a general idea. Ok now for the wants, hopefully this update will have atleast some good things. =D I’m with alot of people on the cross-game chat, that would be pretty cool. =D

+ MRxPROBLEMx23 on May 16th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

THIS FIRMWARE IS STUPID THERES NO POINT OF IT

+ LilHoGo on May 16th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

I’m 33 y.o. and I could care less about voice chat and all this other stuff these kids are asking for. I only own three games. I mostly use the PS3 for watching video and blue rays. If you are not going to do an agreement with Netflix, PLEASE start a service where I can pay a reasonable subscription montly fee, like $25 or so, so I can watch HD movies in the playstation store without paying $5 for each one. I’ve never bought a single one, and never will at that price. I just watch the stuff on Netflix on my PC. I’d rather use my PS3 though. You have the best BlueRay / multimedia file player on the market. Make it better by increasing your codec support. I have to transcode practically every video I download before I can play it on the PS3 even if it is already in h.264 AVC w/ AAC. The resolution, framerate, etc all have to be perfect or it just doesn’t play. Please make your Mpeg playback more flexible.

+ BlAcK_Ops_911 on May 16th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Ay you should put custom music…… like on the 360, you can listen to music and play. that will be neat:) put music in the background based on the xmb

+ mustanggt04 on May 16th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

they need to make it where you can have a guest on line like if u have a freind over you both can play online at the same time like on xbox, and they need to make it where u can listen to music while playing.

+ XxONE_EYExX on May 16th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

THEY SHOULD MAKE THE PS3 HAVE VIDEO CHAT DURING GAMEPLAY OR EVEN MAKE IT TO WERE U CAN PLAY DOWNLOADED MUSIC DURING GAMEPLAY

+ riddek109 on May 16th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

hi im new to commenting but as you know of the new update, i finished updating 3 days ago with the newest firmware but for some reason i cannot join a game or host one online, it automatically signs me out, is anyone else having this problem if so or if you know how to fix this let me know because i cant play my favorite online game lost planet

+ platinumrug on May 16th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

You see, a lot of you people think that the updates are useless, but usually when companies release smaller updates throughout the year, they can make up for it with a bigger firmware update. Chill out folks.

+ bravo9zero on May 16th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL

- Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)

- Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game

- Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)

- Auto Sync Trophies

- More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)

- Report feature to report issues and stuff

- Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles

- When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there

- More Avatars

- XMB for movies, browser and PS2

The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg

Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board

.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394

NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ svrfan on May 16th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

is there any chance that the ps3 will b able to play music in the background as we play the game i really want that

PAGE 1 10 11 12 13 14