PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 Firmware (v2.76) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 13, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

676 Comments

PAGE 1 12 13 14

+ Zoddan269 on May 26th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Sony sent me a response saying there is no known Problem with fw 2.76 so It’s up to everyone with the lock ups to email the service bench so they are aware of the problem
they seem to think things are just dandy lets burst their bubble!

+ BiffamanD on May 26th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

What’s the address please?

+ Zoddan269 on May 26th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Just go to the playstation main page then go to service they would add the email.address to this page funny how they won’t us not to know what’s up uh

+ Zoddan269 on May 26th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

sorry type error I was saying this page would not print the email address i got so just go to the service page for ps3

+ raskol666 on May 26th, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

After 2.76 Update, PS3 40GB will not read discs. Blue light is on, but trying to access any disc results in black screen. Discs are ejectable but nothing brings the XMB back other than restarting. By the way, this is the first time I ever checked the box to turn off the system after the update was complete.

Thanks Sony!!

+ BiffamanD on May 27th, 2009 at 3:16 am said:

The above link should take you to the service form. Please. Everyone who has a problem, please report it.

+ macbelonwu10 on May 27th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

Great to get the new vidzone app another reason to own my ps3 as everyone can use this feature all Sony needs to do now is improve the communication between friends on the using the xmb, make our home characters viewable on the xmb or gamercard and add skype to the ps3 but just make sure its only compatible with the ps3 eyetoy or the official ps3 headset please Sony make this happen.

+ lrgking414 on May 27th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

My ps3 worked fine before the update now it has trouble signing in, i have a dlink wireless, you guys should fix problems when people complain, or at least say your trying

+ darkthunder1 on May 28th, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

I emailed Sony via their Customer Support form.

My question:

Hi again,

This is concerning the issue with firmware 2.76 causing my discs to stop playing.

This issue has been previously responded to, and here is the Question Number:
090526-001095

I have tried the troubleshooting steps that were given in the response to my question, however my PS3 still cannot read any discs, and I am getting DNS errors when connecting to the internet.

This issue is not isolated to just me. Several other people have posted comments in the Playstation Blog under the firmware 2.76 announcement that they have the same problem.

It is too much of a coincidence that other people are having this same problem at the same time right after the firmware release for me to think the PS3 simply broke out of wear and tear.

Please check the Playstation Blog yourself, or google “2.76″ and “disc problems” and you will see that there is in fact a bigger issue. This may not be very widespread, however I think it is at least affecting an isolated group PS3s.

I have tried the basic troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if there is any other way you can help me besides asking me to send in my PS3 for repair.

Thank you for your time.

+ darkthunder1 on May 29th, 2009 at 12:01 am said:

Their response….

Thank you for writing us about the media loading issue you’re experiencing and the connection issue as well. We apologize for the delayed response and understand that you must be frustrated with this situation.

It seems as though your PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system may need to be serviced.

——————————————–

The email goes on to suggest KB articles and basic troubleshooting steps…

I don’t feel it’s right that I should have to pay $150 to repair something that was caused by their firmware update. If it was an isolated issue, I would suck it up and pay… but it just doesn’t seem like it is.

I guess I just have to hope and wait that this is resolved in the next firmware update.

Sony, are you listening?

+ DarkCyder on May 30th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Got the same reply from Sony
about My PS3 needing service
to fix the problem.
BullS#!T I will not pay them
to fix THEIR mistake.
Tho I doubt it’s a mistake,
more like them trying to remove
the backwards comp. for PS2 games.

Sony best fix the issue SOON. or legal actions will be taken.

+ skinnyb0y2 on May 30th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

Cant play Fallout 3 now because it freezes every 5 minutes.

+ FRAGMENTX on May 31st, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

After the update my PS3 is dead too, either can’t load any disc or load for like 10 secs and freeze. It’s their update thats causing problems!!!

+ Dar-Kaus on June 1st, 2009 at 3:19 am said:

I love using the playlist feature for listening to my music, but please can we have more visual player options, I used to have an old Marantz tuner seperate that used an osilascope to give a visual representation of the sound in a simple green jumping line that would be so easy to add to the existing options.

And how about adding some more avitar options, or the option to upload our own.

+ BC138 on June 1st, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

SKYPE no thanks, I already pay for a phone. How about getting the web browser working better, I would like to play flash games and java such as on pogo.com. I mean this is a computer entertainment system not a large black voice communication system. Let’s get more computer and entertain out of it. Maybe some content updates like DLC for Bethesda games for example. That’s the stuff I want on top of it just working right i.e. not freezing.

+ BiffamanD on June 2nd, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

I emailed sony using that form I posted above. They emailed back saying that as you are in the UK you will have to contact them.

I emailed the UK service centre and they emailed back saying that I will have to phone them up.

I have just gotten off the phone with the call centre and they have worked out by what I was telling them that I have a faulty disc drive and because I am out of warranty I will have to pay £99 to get it fixed.

So, all you other people out there (I’m sure that there are more than the handful that have posted) you all have faulty drives and it is nothing to do with the update. So I was told by the call centre girl. I even told her that this had happened before on some of the other updates but she was having none of it and kept repeating from her little call centre manual “you will have to pay a £99 service charge because you are out of warranty”.

What a load of cr£p

+ jayz577 on June 3rd, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

please please please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX INTERNET BROWSER AND FREEZING situation and move the battery bar for the controller lol

+ VaddixBell on June 3rd, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
- Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
- Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
- Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
- symbols and numbers that show friends online and new messages on the XMB and beside message box
- Auto Sync Trophies
- More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
- Report feature to report issues and stuff
- Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
- When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
- More Avatars
- XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ nitonathy on June 4th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

when is the new one coming out deam takes a whole year

+ velazems on June 4th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Its the last day of E3 and we still dont have an update for voice messages. Sony its been 2 years, whats up?

+ Modern420 on June 11th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

I have a list sony so please read it

For some updates we need cross game voice chat

if u could move the battery symbol along with the mial/sign in/sign out messages

Beable to enter the settings and PSN/account management while in game, on the browser or listening to music

+ Modern420 on June 11th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

i have more sony
it wouldent all fit

in game music of course

the auto sign in is nice but when u do it manully u have to watch … but i have slow internet

Send music/videos through the mail

+ Modern420 on June 11th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

heres some more sony

alphabetize signed out friends

extend our personal comment

download games in order of importance

sort demos/games in alphabetical order

+ Modern420 on June 11th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

This should be the last sony

i love the gamer score , but it should appear below the gamer tag and above the game being played + the opption to show or hide it

new visual music player like the psp or something new

Different font types in the theme settings

+ Modern420 on June 11th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Ok this is the last one
and their just ideas

an in game camera that can be accessed at any time for a pic of that exact moment or even a vide to show friends

and something like PS3 PAINT where u can make your own background or theme

also seperate pic to custom folder for an easyer way to find them and not a playlist

thats all sony please look over these
Peace Out

+ coolo99999 on June 11th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

there needs to be a way to play music while playing a game
xbox 360 you can
come on sony put up a fight to microsoft
make your software better